What do you think of tipping waiters?

what do you think of tipping waiters?

Attached: 1562150252425.jpg (444x731, 76K)

Lol #tarantino

>Hi you are making me pay for my employees from my own pocket and not falling for my extortion racket you are banned from my eating establishment

Why the fuck doesn't the employer just pay his waiters more?

Murica land of the free

Free not to pay a decent wage

I think it's supposed to incentivize the server to give the best service possible but that's probably just some bourgeois jewdi mind trick so that the owners don't have to pay their workers

>giving money to someone who already has a salary
really makes you think

Waiters have a piss easy job, they don't deserve tips.

Because that means he'll spend more money

Apparently paying your employees a decent wage is something restaurant owners in the US can't wrap their heads around

Not just restaurant owners, most employers in general. Restaurant owners are particularly bad though.

The concept of mandatory tipping is the most niggerish thing in existance and people here would lol in your face if you forced them to tip
Forcing someone to tip by itself ruins all the value tipping may have
You pay for a service and thatis established before hand for what price this transaction occurs
Any further money I give you comes from my personal decision to reward exceptional service and forcing me to do that removes any value that my tipping may have
Americans are literal niggers

Good thing we don't have tipping in my country.

yeah it's dumb. you're a mega cunt in america if you don't tip. but as someone who has worked multiple tip-based jobs before, you make way more fucking money than you would at an equivalent properly-waged job, just because no one wants to be a mega-cunt

Here they get at least $15/hr, which has driven prices up to absurd heights, and you still have shit like mandatory 18% tips automatically added to bills, or "tipless" restaurants where the prices have been jacked up even further. It's a fucking ripoff.

reminder that people that whine about bad tips are part of a psyops which aims to make people feel bad for servers, while servers make bank doing the easiest nonskilled job in existance.

I never tip. I'm not paying your employees for you cunt

Which makes it all the more amazing how they still manage to fuck orders up.

servers only need looks and people skills, and are quite often retarded

It's really funny seeing how uneducated people are about tipping and the restaurant business.
Yes servers make like $3 an hour, however, if they do not make enough through tips and end up earning less than they would have had making minimum wage, their employer has to pay them more to compensate for the lack of tips.
They're always earning at least minimum wage, you clearly have never worked as a server or have known someone who works at a server. On top of that, if you were to step outside of the country for a single second, you'd realize the service in restaurants across the world is significantly worse than the average service you get in a restaurant in the United States because of tipping.
I used to be extremely against tipping until I've traveled to countries in Europe and witnessed firsthand how shitty all their restaurant staff is.

I always tip at least 20% even if it's just a jar at the front and I'm walking in and picking up my food. Sometimes if im dining in but ordering something small just for me I might even leave a 50% tip. The exception is if the server or cashier mentions a tip at all. If someones pressuring me for it they get nothing at all instead. I was a server for years and tip well because I know that life and how much a difference they make and want to be generous but no one is actually entitled to a tip, there's etiquette to observe here and breaching that etiquette is a far greater issue for me than poor service or bad food. Those things are often more a reflection of the kitchen and management and isn't the servers fault but bringing up tips is the pinnacle of rudeness and pretty much the biggest faux pas a server can commit. Demanding additional payment from someone when your job is to make them as comfortable and satisfied as possible is not ok.

Service in the States in better because you guys have an incredibly fake lifestyle that's reflected in nearly every consumer activity you have. Walking into a shop in America is like entering the Twilight Zone to non-yanks, you all act so plastic.

how about incentivize the server to give good service by paying that same wage? Do you also tip your customer support and cashier?

because then he would have to spend more money, which means he would have to increase prices (assuming he wants to maintain the same level of profit), which would make his business less competitive in the market.

On the very rare chance I actually go to a restaurant I either dont or let some other clown handle it.
Because it is an excuse for them to jew out even more. Boomers were a mistake.
That service (which is bullshit) is because this place has a stage 4 cancer condition in regards to fake niceness.

>unskilled labor

Guarantee you couldn't hack it

alternatively the customer doesn't give a fuck, pays less, waiter gets jewed out by only earning minimum wage while profit margins don't change for the employer and you keep crying on the internet

"nonskilled/unskilled labor" just means the required qualifications are low or nonexistent, it has nothing to do with the difficulty of the job.

>pick up tray
>carry tray
>put tray down
>repeat

wow so hard, they're not even heavy.

At least we are not a bunch of European pansies with bad teeth who cannot fight their own wars without begging for our help. European men are the most effeminate beings on earth.

- not every restaurant is the same
- it's really easy to fuck up order when have 5 tables at once
- maybe two of those has some retard who refuses to pay attention the menu
- have to make multiple trips back & fourth until faggot finally accepts what he gets
- some serving jobs isn't strictly take give order
- have to handle stocking shit if some other faggot doesn't
- one pack of niggers keeps asking you for some fucking sugar and you keep telling them to hold the fuck up while you sweep up a spill before some middle aged soccer mom gets pissed because she slipped and wasn't paying attention
- point of sale systems fucking up again so pray you can remember small details for that fucking redneck so he doesn't throw a pissy fit and make you spend 4 minutes getting a manager
- nuclear ass disaster in bathroom, gotta handle that too
- dishwasher is backed the fuck up so no clean trays so need to deliver food trip by trip to each table
-wow no tip, so less than 2 bucks for all that labor in that span of time
it's still a faggot jew trick but still less than two dollars for me whether you like it or not

>Such an overwhelming misunderstanding of the job

Your bait is weak

You really don't know what it's like when it's busy. It really is pretty tiring work and depending on the establishment you get pretty much no down time, plus the scheduling is shit and it's possible to go weeks without a single day off. It's a stressful work environment. So many people who work in restaurants smoke becouse it gives them a chance to step away and take a breather for five minutes to take a breather when otherwise you're on your feet and moving non stop for hours and hours on end.

oh wow better give you a 30% tip, you fucking shill
and? the money they make is nowhere proportional for the work done.
Just admit you fuckers would rather live on tips than get a flat $15 an hour wage, we all know you make bank.

I'm not a waiter, and in fact work a white-collared, skilled job.

But you're retarded if you think that's all to a waiter's job. You have to create an experience for the customers so they want to come back. Lots of soft people skills. And considering half the people on this board couldn't even look a cashier in the eyes without stuttering, your big mouth says a lot.

oy vey don't ask questions goyim

>You have to create an experience for the customers so they want to come back.
Not that user, but they really don't. I've never got that impression from waiters from the places I've been to. They just "act nice". You're making it out to be harder than it actually is.

I suppose it would be hard for Eastern Europeans to tip, considering one dollar is like one month's wages for you all.

They smoke because they're retarded degenerates who make poor life choices which is why they work jobs in dumbass restaurants that 16 year olds can do

Are you fucking retarded? People go because they like the food that's why some of the most popular places are "hole in the walls"

>OP sees this thread on Jow Forums
>Decides to post it here

Stay where you belong

No, are you retarded?

How many times have you been to a restaurant where the staff was rude af, and you wanted to go back?

Oh, what's that? Zero? Thought so.

Restaurants need good food and staff with good people skills.

check again. i posted it here before the Jow Forums one was made. you, on the other hand...

They dont need to "create an experience" you fucking sperg they just need to not massively fuck up a job a 12 year old can do

cuz it eats into shekelberg's PROFITZ

if you don't tip then don't go out to eat where they have waiters. as simple as that. tipping is the main source of income with those kinds of jobs. same with delivery drivers. if you give a bad tip your just a greedy cunt.

Some of the best gook and spic restaurants even have the kids working it and 30 year old libtards want $20 an hour to not fuck up an order kek

>both you and your wife
Should be neither/nor.

What do you think is part of the experience? It's how you are treated by the wait staff, you legit moron. And how they treat you is based off their soft skills. You throw a Jow Forums basement dweller into a server position and he'll drive the customers away with his sperging.

Did you forget that tipping is optional, you glorified butler?

Attached: 1520607812601.jpg (1024x1024, 345K)

I'm not talking about Jow Forums autists that can't function in society you retard. What skills do you need to be a waiter that the average wage cuck making minimum wage cant do? Theres no fucking experience to create besides not being a total dipshit

>reduce the food by around 15%, and pay the employees below minimum wage
>Outright force people to tip anyway
I really do feel to see how this is any better than just raising the prices back to normal. Fucking Americans.

This is like saying Walmart cashiers need to create an experience. You are an absolute retard

Being nice isn't "creating an experience", it's what everyone is expected to do

If paying tips is thing where you live, you better fkn pay tips.
I think the whole tipping system is ridiculous but you're not rebelling against it by just not paying it, instead you're just fucking a waiter over.

Americans are brainwashed retards. The best service I had in my life was in a country where tipping is not allowed. Japan. They practically sucked my dick all night for 800 yen an hour. I DREAD going across the border because every restaurant I go to the servers harass me every 2 mins asking my about the food or my day or some shit, fake smiles up the ass never shutting their fucking mouth so I can eat very annoying. I dont think I hate anything more then I hate the way servers serve in the states.

The purpose of a server is to bring your food put it down on the table dont say a fucking word and fuck off forever.

ITT a pile of autistic kids do what autistic kids do by not getting and thimking it's cool to not abide by social mores.

and me cumming in your food is also optional.

No, that's a felony.
Not tipping isn't illegal at all, though it's a dick move not to tip most of the time. If the service is garbage than not tipping is wholly acceptable.

But you don't because you anticipate me tipping BUT I DON'T HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1518894330752.jpg (552x857, 43K)

I dont even need them to be nice per say. I can to talk with my family and eat the food. I wouldnt mind if a robot served it. I dont need to hear a fucking word out of the servers mouth. Listen to what I want to eat bring it to me fuck off simple.

>its a people who have never worked in the service industry and dont know the profit margins say to pay servers more so they dont have to tip thread
Enjoy your 25 dollar burger

Exactly, I never remember anything about a server unless they totally fuck up an order or act like a total retarded nigger. This is why chain restaurants are automating the order process

American food is too cheap compared to the rest of the world, you could stand paying a buck or two extra for food.
That said, you realize you pay the same or more when you have to tip 25% of the meal's worth to some cumdump right?

I will write down the names of every one who doesn't tip and draw a sketch to remember their face. so that if they ever show up again I will give them the special sauce.

this. many, many jobs dont pay a fair wage. just the other day on indeed i saw a posting for a commissioned (armed) security guard. 12 dollars an hour. absurd.

Wait, user, I was just joking.

Attached: 1549340288451.gif (448x344, 1.6M)

>muh fair wages
Found the retard who failed econ 101

In Vancouver tipping is not really necessary, but still appreciated. I don't tip and I've only ever had once incident of a waitress getting upset at me.

if it wasn't fair then nobody would do the job for more than a month.

>Restaurant posts that their in DESPERATE need of new staff
>Get a part time there as dishwasher/line cook
>Boss tells me I won't be getting any revenue from the tips since I'm part time
>Don't show up to my next shift, which was the friday evening rush
>boss texts me about how their all busting their ass extra time to fill in my missing spot
>block him

I'm not a fool, you pay me like everyone else or I don't show up.

Attached: 0ba.png (645x773, 10K)

That user admitted to being somewhat ok. Chances are he cooks and when he goes out, goes to $$$ or $$$$ restaurants. In the latter you definitely get that experience

One call to your boss and you're fired.
One call to the cops and you're arrested
One call to the media and news tomorrow says "Florida man ejaculates in food" and you never get hired again

You do realize you are pretty much paying that much already for a burger and whatever else you got with your bullshit 20%+ tip, right? Its literally a glorified tax so restaurant owners can jew out for their cheap food.

>at music festival
>some stand selling pre-mixed cocktail cans
>$15 dollars each
>only liquor there so i stand in line for 20 minutes to buy one
>girl bitches at me for not tipping
Im usually pretty good about tipping for good service but why the fuck do you think you deserve a tip when all you did was grab a can that contains probably half a shot of vodka and some shit quality lemonade out of a cooler and hand it to me and take my cash? i know theres a lot of costs going into selling anything, especially alcohol and those types of events but holy fuck if you are making under minimum wage working there you are getting jewed immensely

And owning a restaraunt that isn't fast food is hard, one of the riskiest business types, because everyone would rather go to McDonalds

based. I love ditching jobs that treat me like shit. I always time it when it will be most inconvenient to the manager/owner. Feelsgoodman

who has this level of personal message with their customers over tipping?

This seems fake as fuck.

anyway to your question: I just avoid places that have a tip system, I rather discourage the whole business than indirect support of such a scummy practice

>be Jew
>hire goyim
>halve their already amusingly low wage, "because you'll get tips tips tipppppssssss"
>they complain they want a raise
>show them I ban people who don't tip enough

Attached: Jewmadbro (2).jpg (1024x721, 126K)

Japan forbids tipping.

If you give money to a waiter, he will think either you're trying to bribe him, or you consider him an illegal Chink-Korean immigrant working for free because he's scared of Yakuza ratting him out.

Here in Southern Italy tipping is not mandatory. Most people leave a couple bucks tip. If you feel very generous you may leave x bucks (where x = number of people at the table). In the latter case, it often happens you tip adding: "share this tip between servers and kitchen guys"

>If you're a well known returning customer, you may "tip the owner" ("no fiscal receipt, thanks") letting him evade the taxes (absurdly high here in Italy)

If you don't tip, owner will either assume the service was meh (this may happen if the place is cramped and has 15 tables in a space that would barely allow 10) or the price was too high (fun fact, a good beer could go for 7-10 bucks, while a good pizza for 5 to 9 bucks; to keep pizza prices low, they raise the drinks price; even a water bottle 0.75 liters usually goes for 2.50 bucks)

Bar owners also don't enforce tipping. You may pay 0.80 bucks a strong Italian espresso coffee and leave 0.10 bucks tip (0.20 if you really feel generous; giving 0.50 may leave the bar guy flabbergasted: "oops sir you gave the wrong coin", you may have to insist it's ok before convincing him)

Also, beware of touristic places. That 0.80 espresso will cost you up to 3.00 in a restaurant, or even 5.00 in Capri-Ischia-center Rome, or even 10.00 in the cutest bar in Venice. At a few hundred meters distance, you may get a good espresso for 1.00 or less

>be me:
Recently we bought a new washing machine for 250 bucks. The shop gave us 'free shipping', yet the dude shipping it asked for a 10 bucks tip because our house is on the 1st floor and he decided that 'free shipping' was only limited to ground floor. We called the shop, the shop called the guy, after a full minute swearing the guy took the washing machine up without asking again for the tip.
Then we told him to take out the old washing machine. He was all sweating and "wtf wtf wtf", but took it, slipped on the last step and somewhat hurt himself (not serious, tho). Pretty sure to date he's still swearing.

Attached: Italy_samples.jpg (1536x1536, 458K)

Wow Italy sounds like a fucking dump

you will never feel what it means taking your girl to dinner and spending 14.50 bucks total. Yes, two pizzas and beers, 14.50 bucks total, and without mandatory tipping.

>moving forward
I hate Americanese

Restaurants as a whole do not make money.

>OP's pic
>the absolute state of amerifags

Americans are just afraid of being shot by a disgruntled customer

>take family out to a restaurant
>bill is $100+
>$0 tip
Get my food faster next time wagie

I disagree with it but it isn't like I have a choice. In the end, the waiter will never be paid enough, and if I don't tip it only harms the waiter.

In America we have niggers. They will put in the bare minimum effort unless forced to work. In jobs with tipping this means they'll actually wait on your table instead of walk around and pretend to be busy while you sit there thirsty and wanting a refill. In a job like cashier it's more obvious when they're slacking off since they're in a stationary position and can be monitored by a manager, or a camera, or just by a customer who could report them for not checking the customer out.

> thirsty and wanting a refill
Then I'll plan ahead and get more to drink or get my ass up and refill myself. Why the fuck do I need a server to do such mundane task?

Say hello to the spoiled brats of america.

I don't tip for fast food or takeout unless I go to the same place all the time. I do tip delivery drivers. I don't normally tip when asked to do so before receiving my food, instead I will wait until after.

I tip at sitdown places if things were alright, starting at 10% and going up to 18% if things were good. If things went badly I tip between 5% and 10% depending on severity and fault.

Pretty much this.

Even the local pizza joint makes at least 2k a day. Most of that goes to the food, bills, and employees. Whatever is left over is profit for bonus management.

Pizza may be $20, but that $20 goes a long way in the restaurant business.

I tip them because I dont want them to spit or cum in my food

Attached: 1561933603069.jpg (630x630, 38K)

Tips are just a convenient way for restaurants to pay their waiters less. They're just taking advantage of customer goodwill