Brace position is meant to kill you faster

The purpose of the 'crash' or 'brace' position in airliners is to kill passengers more quickly and painlessly in the event of an crash, or to preserve their remains (teeth) so as to make identification of bodies easier.

This is coming from someone that works in the industry

Attached: IMG_3728.jpg (750x316, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ClX2yldxZPw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

same with seatbelts, insurance companies make a killing if you die in the crash

It's probably just to have people do something instead of panicking even if it's useless.

Attached: merryeducation.jpg (544x884, 137K)

YES, KEK WILLS IT

Attached: 1516102008415.png (447x438, 401K)

And this is bad? How?

This whole thread

Attached: 1527476949569.png (1019x746, 1012K)

its to prevent their heads from whipping into the seat in front of them since the seat belts only secure the waist

>Leaving him gasping for air.

Attached: Putin-Laughing.jpg (361x500, 23K)

Neither of those positions are the brace position.
And its purpose is to protect the neck.
It used to cause death because the seats would collapse and kill you. This is no longer a problem because in the 90s the FAA required the seats to be redesigned.

redpill me on that.
And solution? Car like the car in Death Proof?

So, what is the best position to survive even if the chances of survival are minimal/zero?

If you were sitting normally you would fly forward in the event of a crash. The built up momentum of your body would cause more damage when you fly forward and smack into the seat in front of you, or your lap.

Damn you’re dumb.

Seatbelts save lives

BRRRRAAAPP

seatbelts are useful, don't believe him

The best thing you can do is pick a seat near the back of the plane.

Attached: Delta191-CabinSeatDiagram.svg.png (465x1023, 79K)

>thermal injury
nice way to put it

That kid will grow up and find he can only cum if a girl first farts into his mouth. Mark my words.

Thats Thoth, not kek.

harnesses are only secure if 6-point, and worn together with a head restraint system (and thus a helmet), which is not acceptable on the road
seatbelts+airbag actually are where it's at

It's a fake story, you dumbasses.

the point is not whether it's true or not
it's that your "education" is at a stage where it's believable as fuck

Attached: merryeducation3.png (1469x699, 587K)

It's not believable at all, especially since the pic of the chick is a fat YouTuber

No it isn't. It's to make sure your head and face isn't too badly damaged so they can declare you legally dead.

No shit Sherlock.

>baby's first viewing of fight club

that most people genuinely believe it is true when the pic is posted shows well enough it indeed is believable as fuck
you may not like it, but it doesn't change shit

>crashing this plane
>with survivors
k big guy

Jump right before the plane hits the ground, moron.

Is there anything you can do to survive an aircraft? Seems like in most cases you're fucked no matter what you do.

Maybe if you plane is just dragging you can survive in the back. Else you are fucked

Not worth even considering, your chance of dying while flying is infinitesimally small
>In absolute numbers, driving is more dangerous, with more than 5 million accidents compared to 20 accidents in flying. A more direct comparison per 100 million miles pits driving's 1.27 fatalities and 80 injuries against flying's lack of deaths and almost no injuries, which again shows air travel to be safer.

In 2017 there were 45 flying deaths worldwide, and 40,000 driving deaths in America alone.

If you really give a shit about "surviving" start exercising, meditating, and eating more veggies

>implying you can suspend a 425 pound whale

This.

>using one aircraft accident as basis
Yeah, no. I have a degree in this field, I specifically had to study aircraft accidents with an emphasis on airliners. There is no “safest spot” because every airplane crash is unique. Look at the crash that happened in SFO a few years ago, not only did the tail strike the ground first but the plane ended up cartwheeling with the tail spinning the fastest on the outside before it slammed to the ground.

If anything, I would opt to pick seats right near the wings, possibly a row or two forward. The center of mass of airplanes is right around there, which means a more comfortable and less jostling ride, but in the event of a hard-but-controlled landing it’s going to be the most stable place in the cabin with most of the force being directed perpendicular to the landing surface.

Mythbusters covered this topic in an episode and confirmed OP is wrong

Dude seriously go back to jackdurden.com with this b.s.

Depends on the type of crash, if it a controlled crash landing its best to be at the back. If it's a full on collision with the ground at falling speed you are dead no matter what.

I'd try to open the emergency doors to jump out. Not to save myself, but I always wanted to do a parachute jump, this time without parachute, but thats better than nothing.

But you still have the speed of the plane. How does that help?

What's the best position to survive then?

>get 3 56s
>post wasn't even shitting on yanks

disappointing tbqh

How often do you drive and how often do you fly?

>Part of the plane most likely to get fucked up by a missile
Real smart there, a MANPAD or IR AAM will hit an engine sending huge chunks straight into the rear of the plane, with you being fucking cut in half by a fucking turbine blade
>Wing seat
Most likely to have a window/structural failure

>Front and 1st class
Mostlikely to die in a crash or taxiway collision, most likely to die in a water landing, most likely to die in a landing gear failure.

The safest place on an airplane is the shitters in the middle

summer has officially arrived

I want to drastically increase my chances of dying in a airplane crash short of crashing a cessna after paying for flight school. When is Aeroflot going to start serving US domestic routes?
I want to fly dirt fucking cheap on shitty old Tupolevs and Ilyushin's

They did this on the Mythbusters.
1) yes the airliners save more money if they kill passengers than if they injure them
2) no, the position doesn't kill you more often

youtube.com/watch?v=ClX2yldxZPw

It's actually to prevent your upper body from being flung forward, possibly faster than your head. Figure it out.
Could be bad if seats were crushed against eachother. Seats should be beds instead. More comfortable and less injury in the event of crash. Plus could fit more people in. Have some seats for people wanting a change and to talk with other passengers. A little bar serving food. Make it luxurious. Better for structural integrity.

I don’t know where you’re getting your basis for these claims, but it’s probably your imagination

nigger

Straight out of my ass my man

the test was retarded bro

Do you want to do this on a mile for mile basis or hour for hour basis? Either way, flying comes out ahead though much less so on the hour for hour comparison. Of course since driving forces you to put yourself at risk for a greater number of hours to cover the same number of miles, hour for hour comparisons are retarded.

Came here to post this.

I thought I was linking the full epiosode. They do a bunch of tests with the crash test dummies with the force cards attached to them in different positions and get in contact with the airliners to confirm they actually have to pay out less if they kill passengers than injure them.

My bad.

>seatbelts u say
Insurance companies hate this guy.

Attached: 1527666014533.webm (400x400, 2.57M)

Alright Jaffar

Could even have seperators to slot in. Passengers put in their height and weight, get discounts if shorter and weigh less. Get on board, slot their seperator on the number on the ticket and climb aboard, settle back. Put on a hmd. Maybe put on a wristband to monitor their vitals. Buy more vertical space if you need it. Or beds already set for them.

Isn't that where all the fuel is?

Shit, man. You're right.

Would a shoulder belt and a lap belt not be more beneficial? I know that a straight crash will definitely kill you but a controlled crash wouldn’t a full seat belt help?

worst.meme.ever.

Nigga im going to cleaveland not flying over syria

I'm gonna start sneaking a little tube of superglue on the plane with me every time I fly. That way I can glue my dick in my hand in the event of a crash. That way whoever finds my body will know I died doing what I loved.

t. Lala, Bam Bam.

Attached: 1527463664915.jpg (680x499, 48K)

guy tumbled 100ft inside a car without a seatbelt, got ejected from a window, flew 20ft in the air, hit a roof, fell off the roof, and walked away. I'm sure he's injured badly, but holy shit.

yeah she's 524 at least

Attached: crick.png (1200x675, 1.02M)

:D

in the future we will all travel by obligatory bus service

Correct. If people think that these companies aren't this greedy, they're fucking retarded. The airline companies would rather kill you than pay for your medical bills.

>suspending 425 pounds of lard
Must have been some strong cables.

This. You're in a 500 mph metal tube flying through the sky. If it crashes, you're probably fucked. Just hurry up and finish your beer and look out the window as you fall back to the Earth.

>if we drop them from a few meters it's exactly the same
No, not at all.

While it may make death more likely, the real reason they have you in this position is to minimize damage to your vital organs so they can be harvested and transported and sold as soon as possible. Its actually a lucrative side business that airlines rely on for revenue and hospitals rely on for organs.

Probably at the front of the plane. Would try to land with the tail down, so the tail might break off, plus fuel from the wings may soak the back and burn it first.

Get some blankets, soak them in water, cover yourself with them, curl into a ball and hold your legs on one of the front seats right by an escape hatch. Wear a belt. Put something in your mouth for your teeth.

Attached: 1512404139944s.jpg (125x120, 2K)

yes and if the seats crush you theres no posible way to survive because it means the airplane just goes to pieces.

i wish planes used active security devices like parachutes. that has the potential to really save lives.

Attached: engine stall-Aircraft-Parachute_large.jpg (700x561, 52K)

like a glove

>using mythbusters as a source
faggots

Attached: shock.gif (498x345, 2.49M)

Too soon?

Attached: 1247615480539.jpg (407x405, 19K)

I don't think a bed would be safe. Maybe if you had a harness around your balls attacked to the bed. But if the plane crash that hard you're going to die anyway.

Attached: 1469036015801.webm (720x590, 509K)

seatbelt saved me from death and paralysis