Has any bot ever been subject to domestic abuse...

Has any bot ever been subject to domestic abuse? My dad attempted to assault me with a baseball bat today in the open entirety of our neighborhood damaging his own property as well as the door to my home in the process.

It is honestly a different kind of feel, when I cried out for help as he chased me with the bat none of my neighbors so much as dialed for the police. My own mother seemed cordial with him when she arrived later.

I have honestly never really felt more like absolute cockroach scrum than today. He had slapped me around before as a kid but nothing quite like this and the fact I am an adult and so much larger than him made it more humiliating

At the same time I just want to yell from the mountain tops to anyone who will listen what he did and see him held accountable

Attached: BECA6B88-E5EA-4B16-9656-B3E04CDFC67B.jpg (480x600, 26K)

Why don't you just kill him?

I am sure I could have won the altercation even before he armed himself but I do not think I could have ever brought myself to hit him unless he hit my mom or were beating me within an inch of my life. I genuinely believed there to be some familial bond that kept you from going after loved ones like that short of extreme betrayal.

Honestly just do this user quit being a faggot and kill him

Yeah I've been the subject of domestic abuse.

Last Wednesday, my parents were on a trip out of town. So I'm sitting in my room waiting for them to come back, because I'm hungry and there's no lunch. And guess what, they finally come home and DIDN'T BRING ME ANY FOOD HOME.

I just see a more realistic option being cutting him out of my life entirely, but more likely than not my mother and his relationship will continue and just result in further alienation of myself from any of my intermediate family which sucks since I already rely on the internet for emotional support when I am going through shit. This hurt me because I had tried for several years to try to develop a friendship or at least just being cordial with my father.

He swung a baseball bat at you. How is that not extreme betrayal?

Maybe its me but it sounds like your scared of a fight. If the situation has to be so dire before you stand up and defend yourself you might be afraid of the confrontation.

>I do not think I could have ever brought myself to hit him unless he hit my mom

Why do faggots always get overprotective over their mother?

If my father started hitting and beating my mother, I would mumble "based" and look the other way.

I do not understand why he would swing a bat at me to begin with since I have always respected him and helped him. I washed shit out of his elderly mothers bedroom carpet and would have done the same for him I do not know why he would attack me physically
I grew up in south side Chicago so unfortunately I have always been forced to fight and never loved it, however I fractured my right wrist yesterday while fighting a wall and did not think it worth it.

I did not think him capable of hitting me with the back but I am depressed looking at the side of his car door
My mother is 65 and a stroke victim with the use of one arm, damn right I would fight for her given she does not have the option

dude how old are you lmao time to move out

He attacked me at my home, I am a homeowner, although I do not understand the relevance. If I lived with my parents it would have been appropriate behavior?

You said it's domestic abuse, implying that you live with them. That's the relevance.

I can tell youre pretty sensitive. Change the locks of he has a key and keep your distance. If you dont like Someone behaviour you are not obligated to deal with it. This applies to family as well.

I will say we probably arent getting the full story

I see, my dad I did not mind letting come spend the night on occasion to try and get him to play cards, smoke a cigar, maybe watch a game but he would just pretty much go up into his room and go to sleep to get up to go to work.
I am cutting him off, he attempted to give me the keys to his truck I guess as an apology but I declined them my mother has the truck with her now. My ex would always try similar gifting behavior or let me just leave this here behavior to illicit communication.

I am not understanding what other aspects of the story there are to fill in I felt I was pretty wordy in the OP.

You gave no reason for what could have caused the attack. Im not saying its your fault but its hard to believe he just showed up with the express intent to swing a bat at you. Where was the escalation?

get a gun and change the locks, if he comes to your house you tell him you dont want nothing to do with him and if you fear for your life you're shotting him

>he would just pretty much go up into his room
You dad has a room at *your* house? What is the family dynamic here?

You dont have a guest room?

Why would a father go out of his way to visit his son, only to spend the entire time in the guest room?

This is bordering on ridiculousness at this point and I'll just assume you're playing games here. There is no justifiable escalation in which any person can chase another person around or out of their property with a weapon that they demonstrate a willingness to use by striking the front door and the driver's side door of their own vehicle in futility.
Yeah we both have guns he has his deceased mother's and I have my own, I was in the military but barely qualified on my marksmanship test and never fired my work weapon in theatre. I do not think he will attempt anything once the locks are changed but I'm apparently a poor judge of character
My father took care of his mother who suffered from dementia until her demise earlier this year. I joined him in the last year of her life which was particularly difficult and was somehow awarded her home which is in a neighborhood of affluence

His job is like five minutes from my house and I don't mind him sleeping in a room where a lot of the surge protectors are not functioning. But yes it would absolutely be the guest room in his absence and other people do sleep in there relatively frequently which may have caused his frustration? I'm not sure.

stick up for your self or he's going to walk all over you

Uh, I've known someone who chased their housemate/best friend of 20 years down the street with a knife during a psychotic break.

Are autistic or do you really not understand people have mental illness?

I feel like everyone in this thread is focusing on what they would have done in the situation or how they would deal with the situation afterward when I'm not inquiring for advice on the subject but rather times you yourself have experienced partner or family violence.

At this point it's clear we're going to proceed with the order of protection and just change the locks. I don't understand this mindset that if I had hit an elderly man that was not a fatal threat to me due to my youth, speed and size advantage and escaped the confrontation unscathed it would be better than not hitting that same man and escaping unscathed. The idea that the purpose of a fight is to inflict as much unneccesary damage on the other person as possible is something out of a comic book.

No ive met similar people. However OP does not state that something like this is the case
I never said the reason was justifiable. I sinoly asked if you could think of a reason

Oh, well my mother says they argued that morning which is obvious when she arrived at my house at like 8am with her laundry symbolizing she intended to stay most of the day. From his demeanor he was upset the moment he first came in looking for a fight, when I asked him how his day was he asked why I was not as work as though I was 16 working at the corner store again which is when I became not nearly as irate as he but cordial.

However I left my home to pick up cigarettes and beer before I returned and he began to inquire about my plans for that night. The escalation occured when I said did not appreciate how he was speaking to me, he literally got on his tippy toes (he is 5'6 and I am 6') and pointed his finger down at me saying he could speak to me however I want at that point I wanted to dead him let out an audible scream and backed away from him doing everything I could to calm down short of a physical reaction.

This is when he became visually frighened not knowing what I was going to do telling my mother he did not " Know that kid" and thought I was going to kill him.

However this is not justifcation because we were in the kitchen which is two seperate from the entryway where he picked up the bat and I stated I was leaving and left. He only swung the bat at me when I was exiting the door which is outside of the property and no threat to him whatsoever

I did tell him I hate him and have always hated him when he continued to attack me with the bat but that was just a visceral reaction to the stress rather than his initial reasoning. I was respectful during our argument even during my yell I stepped backwards out of the kitchen into the living room to get away from him, at no point did I step toward him in the kitchen.

That is why I am angry he did not pick up a bat in self defense but to get a cheap shot at a leaving person who he felt disrespected or embarassed by. Son of a bitch