What do you think about this statement?

What do you think about this statement?

Attached: 545456654546654.png (1568x984, 1.06M)

i like it. saved.

Makes me wanna unh unh ooh yeah woah yea ooh yea woah hunny bunbyb oohp yeah uh woo yea lit senpai

Attached: m62aocvyz4331.jpg (1400x802, 204K)

what's the story with this one oregon

>Can those who make no progress say they are alive?

Once you achieve enlightenment, there's not much more "progress" to be made. A state of equinimity does not require change. So yeah, I think you can be alive without progress, after enough progress has been made.

>Continuously ponder in agony
The trick is to have a good time pondering

A man looking at his son's severed hand and foot, taken by his masters as punishment for not meeting a rubber quota in Belgian-ruled Congo

>The trick is to have a good time pondering
most people don't and fall into the continuous cycle of pondering, thus degradation

jesus fucking christ, tf was wrong with Belgians?

bumping for interest oregonally

based leopold teaching those lazy niggers work ethic

back to >>Jow Forums you dumb retard

Not just Belgians, all slave owners. They didn't see them as people so they saw no problems torturing them like this.

>What does it mean to live?
Body and mind is functioning.
>What does it mean to die?
Body and/or mind stops functioning.
>Can those who make no progress say they are alive?
Yes

>Body and mind are functioning.
For being alive you don't need your body to function. If your body is no longer working you are considered body dead which is a state from which you can be brought back. Only when you brain dies are you considered clinically dead/ truly dead.

dumb materialist

>falling for the elites' deflection strategy
Slave owners are the 1%. Attributing nationalities to them is exactly what they want you to do because it means the 99% take the brunt of the ire towards them.

If you want answers regarding importance and relevance, don't ask questions about basic facts.

Progress is ridiculously relative, I would argue real progress is only made by society and large, and rarely by the individual (and when one does it, it could have easily been a lot of people from his same time frame).

If we talk about things like lifting or learning some new basic shit, I would argue it matters little, and makes hardly a difference if you havent done it at all.

As a counter example: would anyone argue that the ideal hedonistic life (day you are the son of an attractive billionaire, who only travels, fuck beautiful girls every day and lives adventure every moment) is not worth living? And lets not enter in morality or how empty would a life like that be, try to argue that none or at least not the majority of people in current year wouldnt love a life like that. Its bollocks, and everyone knows it.

You can be in a coma for 50 years and be considered "alive". Is that what OP is about though?

Attached: 1509678107333.png (595x845, 977K)

the op pic is obviously talking about the subjective progress every human makes instead of degrading or staying the same

bumping for Oregon interest

It was mostly just on the very large plantations that this stuff happened (mostly because less affluent families with a couple of slaves couldn't afford to punish them too harshly), but slavery is still abhorrent in any case, at least the way it was done in colonial times.
Now this is a 500 IQ post
Pic related

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 518K)

Spirit circle manga kicks ass

it is, one of my favorites