Animal "Abuse"

Why do people care so much about when someone does something cruel to an animal that's abused on the daily anyway?

I am late to knowing Logan Paul or whoever "abused" animals by tazing a rat and doing fake CPR on a fish.

When people see rats, they don't just let them run free. They may beat them with a broom, set traps, or hire an exterminator. But when a guy tazes one, suddenly we love rats and say that's needless cruelty.

For fish it's even worse. We hook them by the throat, proudly hold them for a picture, then plop them into a cramped bucket (likely filled with other fish) until we finally get home. Their suffering depends entirely on the person's knowledge and technique, such as whether they begin the process by stunning them or simply holding them down as they skin them.

A possible argument some may have: "That's okay because we're eating them. He wasn't going to eat it so it needlessly suffered."

I'm just tired of people pissing themselves of this crap when most of them will never advocate for animals, go vegan, volunteer, etc. No, they'll do the same thing I do: chow down on possibly tortured animals while they complain about the slugs someone salted.

Attached: guys-people-go-fishing-all-the-time.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

The optimal way to kill fish is with a spike to the brain so it's stress doesn't taint the flavor

Attached: 1564324164724.jpg (900x1000, 139K)

Agreed man, i don't get this "outrage culture" bs. Recently heard a turbo Thot on twitch had issues because she threw her cat behind her head. The video wasn't even that bad and don't cats always land on their feet anyway? Regardless the outrage was way too much

People just trying to act like they're good while they consume all their meat and shit

It's the same thing with hunting. People on social media cry when they see a picture of a hunter posing next to an animal he shot, but yet they eat KFC and McDonald's

Didnt he let his pomeranian get eaten by a wolf?

that was just fucked up let your fucking pom sleep in the house

Why do people care so much about when someone murders a man that's going to be killed in a war or dead by heart disease anyway?

People like you are the first to shit on vegans and animal activists, OP. Fuck off.

>and don't cats always land on their feet anyway

Attached: -.png (645x773, 11K)

Yeah true lol
I hate that people got the Yulin Dog Festival completely banned
Stealing dogs? That is messed up and I can see being outraged about that
But there's gotta be a way to let people eat their meat without getting rid of the festival
Like Jesus Christ, under the fur it really isn't any different from any other meat, I've seen a video about cooking dog and it wasn't hard to watch because the dog was already dead and skinned.

ask cvnka

Yeah yeah, I was very sheltered from pets, so excuse my ignorance

literally virtue signaling at its finest

Animals are basically just children, where they're dumb enough to be "pure" and "innocent" so they don't deserve to be shit on.

People kill rats because they're disease- spreading vermin and multiply quickly. But if it's a rat that's already have contained, might as well just bash its head in with a giant rock and be done with it, no reason to taze it and make it suffer for shits 'n giggles.

Fish are kind of fucky. They can't have emotions associated with pain at the very least so it is what it is. Killing them for an overdone joke seems like a waste though. At least with hunting/fishing you typically use what you kill or release your catch.

It's possible to dislike something while not taking any actions against it, saying otherwise gives rise to a false-dilemma fallacy. It's also hard to actually evaluate sweeping generalizations like that.

Bringing unnecessary harm onto living beings is of bad character like eating your own shit, or lying for the sake of it.

Youre shit

Attached: c693f6fa81b7c533dc4540fd27f22763.jpg (600x851, 90K)

But my point is it's also not necessary to support companies that slaughter animals in overly brutal ways. Most people do it anyway.

Also eating your own poop doesn't make you a bad person. It might make you disgusting, but honestly it might be out of curiosity or a fetish. I know that's not the point but even if I'm wrong about my stance on the topic poopoo bros don't deserve to be dragged into this

I forgot to argue against the counterargument lol
But desu you're right

Please don't call me shit I don't abuse animals or anything

Eating your own shit means you are shit. Skat niggers are on the same level as people who do self harm. Bad bad bad
Eating meat does not mean you're morally inclined to not care about animal abuse. You can make false statements that are seemingly unattched like these for basically everything.

Example
>you don't care about people dying if you don't support or donate to charity to starving nations. That means you should be okay with shooting peoole.

P.S Detiny is a fucking retard ans so are his followers.

Attached: 97ca7e6a4565a13bb7833d8bec8f5f8a.jpg (571x840, 180K)

You are what you eat friend.

P.S I really hate skat niggers

Attached: 9a3145504b6202513c3edb34462296d2.jpg (250x250, 39K)

You completely tore apart my argument. C r a p
Welp guess I was wrong once again
Also why do you hate scat lovers i guess u could say their presence makes u....SCATTERBRAINED JAJAJAJAJA

All of human laws and morality stem, in some way or another, from how humans and the things they create or do contribute to society, as developing societies is the primary purpose of human life and happens to be how we advance as a species. So when someone does something that indicates they may not contribute anything to society, or that they may contribute something malicious to the society in which they live, they are treated with scorn or punishment.
Animal abuse is behavior indicative of sadistic tendencies, which is a malicious contribution to society, and that is why those who abuse animals are frowned upon.
Eating animals is not the same as abusing animals because there are ways to kill animals quickly, painlessly and with compassion. Prolonging an animal's suffering for personal pleasure, however, is indicative of sociopathy. Although I do believe that veganism is the best way to conduct moralistically.

>When people see rats, they don't just let them run free. They may beat them with a broom, set traps, or hire an exterminator. But when a guy tazes one, suddenly we love rats and say that's needless cruelty.
Rats in the household pose a safety threat for the humans inside, so removal of the rats is a necessary. People don't derive sick pleasure from torturing the rats.
>For fish it's even worse. We hook them by the throat, proudly hold them for a picture, then plop them into a cramped bucket (likely filled with other fish) until we finally get home. Their suffering depends entirely on the person's knowledge and technique, such as whether they begin the process by stunning them or simply holding them down as they skin them.
I think fishing is cruel. I think eating meat is cruel. Some forms of killing an animal are more cruel than others. You can catch fish with nets instead of hooks, you know.
>"That's okay because we're eating them. He wasn't going to eat it so it needlessly suffered."
It's really not about the fact that anyone would willingly inflict suffering. It's about why they chose to inflict that suffering. The underlying cause is worrying.

Thank you for your input. You and others in this thread are really intelligent people that have helped me understand things about people I used to think were dumb things, but in 2deep4me style I was the real dummy.

This is a bullshit argument and you know it. Morality is easy: suffering = bad; well-being = good. To say people that abuse animals are only frowned upon because people are worried about their impact on society is moronic. People are worried about the animals' well-being.

>do you even fish bro
Best way is to bop them on the head