Sad Birthday Thread

Turning 23 in a few days. Sad birthday thread? How do you celebrate your birthday?

Also how come most of these sad birthday images are always 19-21 year olds, did most end it after that?

Attached: haha look at how he cuts the cake.jpg (944x1000, 317K)

No, it's just that those sad birthdays are organized by mothers or grandmothers that desperately want their little children to succeed, but after 21 they've realized that there's no hope and so they stop.

Attached: 1550306481988.jpg (671x588, 53K)

That greentext always gets me, honestly glad I never had a family that bad (although my dad is quite close to being like that)

when's your birthday, user? mine is on the 7th and i'm expecting another year of everyone forgetting.

I have a similar picture, will send if i can

Attached: 1560671867760.png (550x413, 258K)

nevermind, i found it
it's my favorite picture from those birthday ones

Attached: unknown.png (668x492, 617K)

>tfw i saved this picture originally from r9k and it was over 2 mb

Attached: r9k.png (947x1000, 1.05M)

30th, I'd honestly rather my family forget about it.

What's sad is that guy is super hot.

happy birthday, user. i'll make sure to have a drink in your memory.

i love this ultra specific subgenre of picture

Attached: 1479677053638.jpg (2000x1500, 799K)

i have several of these and i will post all of them

Attached: 1479677182631.jpg (960x960, 84K)

heres another this is like the 3rd 20th birthday one

is your 20th birthday the most depressing one or something

Attached: 1497892869125.jpg (604x453, 65K)

my own birthday is coming up too
it feels like a monument to my misery

Attached: b9tF5GF.jpg (1273x921, 160K)

okay last one i have but i saved the best for last :)

Attached: ZFjIiFj - Copy.jpg (960x720, 61K)

These pics are the most relatable shit Ive ever seen. In every one its just a shell of young man. Post all that you have anons.

He has the potential to be good looking, this guy looks the best from these sad birthday pictures I've seen.

Got my birthday coming up on the 1st. My parents will probably invite family over for a party, and I'll have to act like my life has been going great. Grandma will probably ask about any girlfriends, and others will ask why I didn't invite any friends, or if I'm going out with them later.

Attached: 1563909173375.png (317x350, 184K)

Why do boomer parents always do this stuff?

It's obvious that these kids are depressed and alone. It's always the parents' fault for the kids coming out like this.

Why don't they try to help their kid instead of throwing a party?

Imagine if they spent money on giving him a nice car and clothing instead of a stupid party? Why do boomers not care about their kids except as some narcissistic toy?

Attached: 1563903476572.jpg (972x972, 120K)

Nigga, don't go. Like, nigga, don't be the laughing stock of your family. If they actually cared about you, they should understand that you don't want some gay larp party.

If they won't respect you, just travel away for most of the day. Go to the forest and sleep under a tree. It would be more peaceful than dealing with your own social failures.

Boomers don't like to believe there's anything wrong with their kids. Even if the facts are all laid out in front of them, they refuse to believe that maybe shit isn't going well in their kid's life. Even though I've never dated before, my grandmother likes to believe that girls would love to get with me. It's just how they perceive the world

Attached: 1550514684350.jpg (1200x630, 90K)

>Imagine if they spent money on giving him a nice car and clothing
then theyd be a depressed kid with a car and some more clothes

also what do you think birthday presents are

>Imagine if they spent money on giving him a nice car and clothing instead of a stupid party?
Doesn't that reminds you of somebody? you might just have found the formula to make another Elliot Rodger

They care about me, but they don't believe there's anything wrong in my life. Besides, they usually just give me money as a gift, so I'd rather put up with it if it means I walk away with an extra $200

>nice car
>birthday present
I fucking wish. I'm lucky if they just slip me $50

Attached: 1530045338537.jpg (184x184, 11K)

These kids get bullied for years at a school, and they have no chance at being successful in society. Maybe if Elliot Rodgers parents weren't euphoric and left narcissistic California for a better place, he might have turned out okay.

sounds like you're an entitled materialistic faggot brat then, and you have bigger issues to work on than how nice your car is

Attached: 1417728259222.jpg (512x512, 40K)

t. poorfag

I'm sorry that your family and your genetic line will never amount to anything.

It's honestly as much for the parents as it is for their child. They do it so they can pretend there's a sense of normalcy in the house, pretend their kid is like the other kids by throwing him a party and trying to be a happy family. They don't want to admit the truth that their ugly kid will never be normal and was pretty much born to be miserable.

damn dude you sound cool as hell. cant believe someone as cool as you would be on here being a complete fucking baby

Attached: IMG_20160925_233858.jpg (600x450, 99K)

lmao nigga like calm down. just keep sending your $27 from your mcjob to bernie every week. maybe one day, you won't be bitter at people being more successful than you. oh wait, you're a permaloser lmao kys

looks very eastern european for some reason

wait what? howd you get that from what I said?

Attached: 20190212_184734.png (1500x843, 1.28M)

I had some tea for my birthday today. It was good as expected. That's all I did and I'm fine with that. Why are birthdays important other than an arbitrary reason to take benchmarks.

Attached: Screenshot_20190728-192254_1.png (1440x456, 30K)

He has a low IQ, which is one of the reasons why he is poor.

were you beaten on the ass by a hobo or something? why are you obsessed with this so much you complete freak

Attached: 1337133034381.png (351x241, 93K)

Happy birthday user. I hope your tea was pleasant.

Attached: 1471800206170.png (1280x1024, 684K)

fuck off, youre just as bad as him

The only freakoid in this thread in you. You are so stupid that you can't even understand that me and him are two different posters. Imagine having this small of a brain. It's why you compare stuff to hobos, because you're apart of that low class of society. You relate to them so you use them as examples lmao.

Speaking of hobos, women have the same repulsion to you as when they see hobos on the street. =)

>call someone entitled for being upset theyre not given a car for free
>some insane guy starts screaming social darwinst shit about how im poor apparently

i fucking love this board

Attached: 361677.jpg (225x180, 17K)

Thanks. It was, got 2 + 1 othersample bags of it when I ordered tea last. Doomni Estate on Upton Tea. It'd cost and an arm and a leg normally but free is nice. 5/5, good tea.

The hell are you to going on about.

Attached: 5846311C54964B9CB4007B26ECF542B9.gif (600x338, 1.2M)

I wasn't upset about not being given a car. The guy I was replying to was insinuating that cars are birthday gifts though, and I wanted to point that out

or years i have asked my parents not to acknowledge my birthday, but they always want to do something. They tel me to be grateful. I will celebrate when i am another year younger. Had to repost for replying to the wrong post

>make plans with a friend to celebrate our 21st birthdays together (hes older than me by less than a month)
>he forgets and goes out with other friends instead on my birthday

>dad makes plans to go out to lunch and see a movie with me
>extends his Vegas trip with his wife instead and let's me know the day before

>plan birthdays for my friends, organize a bunch of people for them, plan out destinations and dinners and gifts
>never even get a message on my birthdays

I dont even have friends to spend it with any more even if they cared

Attached: 1495642025323.jpg (1228x693, 108K)

There's quite a few of these

Attached: Happy birthday CWC.jpg (742x514, 121K)

I'm going to be 30 at the end of the year. I'll "celebrate" it alone again naturally though a few coworkers have asked me to go for drinks with them. Might just shoot myself before then. I don't think I can keep going anymore, even if I wanted to.

I can't remember the last time I did anything for a birthday other than going home to have dinner with my parents. I started asking to not do anything for them fairly young because while I didn't quite have the self awareness to know how bad I was at socializing I understood that nothing enjoyable ever came of those gatherings. No one else knows when it is so it mostly passes uneventfully every year. It's nice desu.

How did you get the blob emojis on your phone? I always preferred them to what they got replaced with.

In Kuwait with people I don't even know.
My 21st birthday. I'm told to meet up with everyone with everything I own and get on a bus.
We ended up crossing over into Iraq for the 2nd wave invasion force.
Get over border and meet up with front line and get into humvee. Get mortored and we return fire.

Scared shitless. Not sure if it was a badass birthday or worse one. Spend the next 12 months dodging bullets and explosions.

>how do you celebrate your birthday
I dont. Never wanted to.

Android default. Seems to be a Magisk module though if it isn't your default, probably a Xposed one too if you got that. Sorry for being unhelpful.

Attached: Screenshot_20190728-210945.png (1440x2560, 357K)

On my 21st birthday my dad was supposed to take me out for drinks. He ended up getting drunk at home and passing out. My (now ex gf) forgot my birthday for the past 4 years in a row now and she doesn't seem to care much about it.

>iraq
>scary

you literally just sat around while the airforce bombed saddam into dust

>got 20 this past july
>wow its fucking nothing
>try to remember one of my past birthdays
>the latest one i can remember is a shrek 1 themed party with a lava-like cake with shrek/donkey on top
>it was for my older brother
I have been always alone

Attached: 1369728148373.png (633x758, 28K)

Yup. There was no ground assault what's so ever. It was 100% airforce.

Yeah it must have been tough advancing on the charred remains of saddams shitty army. Truly hell on earth.

Should certainly be a call for you to not be around people who couldn't give a shit about you

>His smile and optimism, gone.
Apparently, also his originality.

I absolutely hate my birthday, to the point that I never tell friends/coworkers when it is and avoid the subject when they ask. I have spent multiple birthdays sitting alone in my room eating pizza and watching anime.

Last year, I went out with my parents (I live at home because severe mental illness) and it was a fucking nightmare. Both my parents hate me because I'm crazy and a huge disappointment and we basically just sat there in complete silence eating our food and then went home. This is how most family gatherings go. Now I spend all holidays alone and even though its lonely, there isn't gallons of spaghetti exploding out of me at all times so I think its for the best

Attached: Happy Birthday Rakesh.jpg (711x864, 92K)

>based retard doesn't understand anything that went on during the initial invasion.
You could be confusing what he did with desert storm, but that still was a fight for both sides. You forget those goatfuckers were hiding in villages we couldn't just bomb to hell indescrim.

Here's a collage desu

Attached: Birthday5.jpg (1200x1200, 1.68M)

2 from the left, first row. Doesn't look to be a bad kid. I wonder what was going on aside from his dad looking he don't care.
>second row at the end
>implying females can be lonely

The worst part about this picture is that r/Jow Forums posters tried to argue his parents were doing him a favour and that he was ungrateful for not liking it.

I can attest to that, I've worked with boomers and had to interact with one guy constantly for over 3 months to integrate some accounting software. He would tell me that his son ( who was 2 years younger than me ) would constantly get cold sweats, wouldn't go out of the house in weeks sometimes months and get the shakes when he had to meet anyone other than his immediate family. It was a clear sign that his son needed some therapeutic help but my coworker kept on telling me "He'll straighten out one day".

i didn't wanna cry tonight but this one got me, user
i haven't celebrated my birthday since i was 19 and i think i finally have enough friends to make it worth it when i turn 25 in december, should i go for it?

I think my saddest birthday was 17 I got a shitty star wars themed cake and that was it. I don't even like star wars that Much. I look like these guys in the photos. dead inside

10 is double digit age.
13 is teenager, no longer a "little kid".
16 is when normies are excited to learn how to drive.
18 is legal adult and usually graduating highschool.
20 is no longer a teenager.
21 is the last real milestone, buying alcohol. After that we drink ourselves into oblivion and watch as time ticks by faster and faster, moving us closer to a death that just won't happen as our bodies deteriorate from the abuse we put them through. Birthdays after 21 are not milestones, but reminders that we rapidly approach death and will never accomplish anything special in life.

Dubs of truth, I guess

Fucking shit, I'm turning 21 next month

I dont celebrate my birthday anymore, it's too fucking depressing.

Attached: IMG_20190725_121026.jpg (647x594, 44K)

>21
Its legal to drink at 18 but we start drinking at 14 in eastern europe

Give it a shot

Luckily after I turned 13 we dropped the "themed cake and party" spiel because I had no friends to invite and my cousins hated me anyway. Now me and my family just eat together.
It hurts, though. Each birthday could be the last one I celebrate with grandparents and by the looks of it, grandpa will not make it to the next one.

My 20th was one of my best, since was high desu.
Almost offed myself on my 19th tho

stopped celebrating at 13 cause no one cares anyway

why even get this tight about it, its just some random dude lmaooo

If it means anything user, I'm thinking about you. I've had quite a few people that I called friends seem to forget about me, but, eventually you will find someone who is worth going through all the suffering because they are great company. Just make sure when it happens you throw some kind words their way, you'd be surprised at just how much a few words can go...

>someone cares enough about you to get you a nice cake for your birthday
>somehow this is bad

i never get these, seems really ungrateful to me

I remember my 16th or 15th birthday. I was stopped during house reconstruction, had a shot of brandy, some birthday words, went back to work.

Attached: FB_IMG_1563393798193.jpg (720x713, 56K)

this
they should be happy for cake at least
and birthday is really nothing but just a day human decided to celebrate meaningless past on

My parents got a cake I was allergic to three years in a row. I do have several siblings, but come on, that's not something hard to remember.

Now I'm lucky if I even get a message within a week of my birthday. But lord help me if I ever forget to call on one of their birthdays.

he just has really long hair, like the guy directly to his upper left

Bcz it's russian

good luck tell us if it's works out

Attached: Johnnybender.gif (245x155, 1.22M)

what are you some sort of hooker?

Attached: 1555164437749.gif (240x228, 858K)

Because that's how it worked back then.

Do you guys really think there were no socially crippled weird autists around in the 60's or before? Most of them didn't get any treatment and were forced to deal with their problems on their own eventually, so that's how boomers think everyone else should as well.

From the age of 14 to 23 I was that sad looking guy sitting by the cake wishing I had a social life, telling myself things will improve and the next birthday will be better and i'll have friends and maybe a gf to celebrate it with. This never happened. Each year became more dull and miserable than the last and my birthdays became more sad seeing the disappointment and concern from my family assuming it's because I wasn't making connections and living a normal social life for someone my age.

Last 4 birthdays I have had we didn't do anything. Dad passed away so that ended, mum and brother call me up and buy me a lunch somewhere nice, no cake, no song, nothing special. They give me some money and then we part ways cause they know i'm going to go off to my small apartment and get drunk alone while they go live their lives.
It's gotten easier to deal with this emotionally now, I don't feel sad about it anymore.

Attached: 3456789.jpg (507x507, 39K)

We don't celebrate birthdays here anymore. My family is somewhere in the lower middle working class and the last thing I want to do is make them spend more money on me than necessary. They bought me a 2000 Euro Laptop for my birthday this year though, and I can't fucking stand it, I didn't ask them, it makes me feel like shit because I can't contribute in any way. I can't give them anything back.

Attached: 1553213861051.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>genetic line

Why are people obsessed with genes? Is it because it's the only thing they can take pride in because they haven't done anything by themselves? Is it because it's the only thing they can clearly define themselves with? To take pride in something outside of your control is pointless because you didn't do anything to achieve it.

Kinda off topic but did anyone else start finding birthdays really boring as soon as you got disposable income? Birthdays as a kid always felt really special to me because you get all the shit you've wanted for free, but now that I have enough money it just feels like nothing special. The social aspect was never anything special either since I've never been completely friendless (god damn I can't imagine how terrible that must feel) and having your friends at your birthday just feels the same as when you're hanging out any other time.
/blog

Attached: wtf is the context.png (500x500, 612K)

Determinism is held with high regard in western culture. People who say that people are biased towards free will are some of the biggest bullshitters on the planet.

Have some (You)s anons.

>my last birthday
>tell parents repeatedly i won't celebrate it
>they still throw a party with the family, cake and stuff
>don't come out of my room because i never said i would
>somehow i'm the asshole

Attached: 1420892867451.jpg (190x254, 9K)

god i feel this shit
>mom planning hs grad party
>invites fuckin everyone, thinks house is too small
>rents out pavilion at local park
>do not want to be doing this shit in public, dont even like parties
>get to park, electricity wont work
>cant heat food, city people have to come and try to fix it
>uncle brings generator
>mom and stepdad arguing cause some whole thing of meat is missing
>was in the car the whole time
>real dad shows up like 2 hours late
>had way too much food and half of i isnt even eaten
>everyone gives me the same 3 different graduation cards

>family throws party
>dont even leave the room

autism

turning 21 tomorrow
got court, a birthday dinner with family then getting pissed with the fuckin boys

Last sad birthday probably at 15, most of my "friends" called it off, only one showed up so you can imagine the situation when the table was prepared for 10 people. Today when i think back I even laugh about it. I still have no friends (friendship ended with that one friend after i transferred school) but I always buy something nice and expensive for myself so I am not sad and the day still feel special, i have something to look forward too. Reaching 29 soon, maybe I will finally get that silicone sex doll. To other anons, yes birthday can serve as a grim reminder of your own shortcomings and failures, but you can turn it into some nice once a year experience.

I'm sorry but you're just autistic and they have every right to blame you

if you ask me, give up. unless you enjoy planning it all out and all. it's a simple equation, at least to me, maximize pleasure. of course the alternative could always be worse

Turned 25 this year.
The last time I celebrated a birthday I was 21, I ate takeout curry with my mother and grandmother. Before that I cannot remember. I think I had a birthday party when I was 10?
Kinda sad I can't get one person to spend the day with me.

Attached: file.png (500x500, 136K)

Turning 21 next week. I can now say i will never be normal. Friends from school all graduated and getting jobs. I dropped out and dont talk to anyone at i was on gta v to interact with people and some guy started calling me a ugly losed because i was playing blackjack on his table and when he went to roulette i followed. That hit me deep lol. So i kicked him with my mod menu

Birthdays are for normies desu, having said that it does feel nice when you get a birthday message from someone you like.