What is your job

What is your job
How do you feel about it

Attached: 1539497563978.jpg (900x675, 69K)

I work as a field service tech for an electrical utility.
The work is fun I drive around for a while then get out and do an order or two. I do stuff from starting and stopping service, meter investigations and shutting people off for non payment. The pay is great and the bennies are good two. Also I get about 1 month of PTO a year that caps at 11 weeks. Also health insurance here is pretty great as well.

I'm a dishwasher at a food factory Y
ou don't get to listen to music, it's dirty and gross, the pay sucks, it's degrading and I hate it but I have nowhere else to go

I take care of mentally and physically retarded people in their homes that are staffed 24/7. I dont really like it but I dont like anything. it pays the bills (barely) I guess.

I do lights and sound for concerts and theatres.

I like the job but its so inconsistent.

Customer service for Airline.
I want to kill myself so hard but I feel like my mind is detached from my automated body. I lost control of my life long time ago and I cant take it back, someone pls kill me.

got job as processing cows in slaughter house. so i just use knife and make my cut over/over again. i start tomorrow but last week did orientation it seems to be a very hard and montous job doing the same cut over/over again for 8 hr day 5-6 days a week.

Woah, so youre a tard wrangler?

>physically retarded

I work at a national park, and it's pretty ideal for me right now. I like remote areas where I can be alone and not have to interact much with other people.

I teach English in public junior high school in Japan. I enjoy it well enough.

I'm a software engineer in a big city at a large fintech company. I enjoy my work and my salary is stupid high, but I don't really like being social so I just spend my evenings and weekends in my apartment usually.

That's pretty neat. What kinds of things do you do on a daily basis?

That sounds miserable, they should do rotations, I wouldnt be able to do what your doing

Dream job, I wish I didnt meme my career goals and went for something like that

no it's not a good environment. especially where i am which is processing side so it's a cut of the cattle on a conveyor belt you grab it with hook cut a portion of the meat or roast off then put the section of the cow and the cut roast back onto the conveyor belt, trimmers grab the cut i just made and trim the fat off of it. there is two fifteen minute breaks (mind you all the steel mesh equipment i have takes a few minutes to remove/put back on) then a 30 minute lunch break.

it's mainly somali and mexican people i'm the only white one on processing side that i have seen so far. the guy they had me shadowing was an old asian guy he would just stand there make his cuts, sharpen his knife every 4-5 cuts. he seemed pretty stoic about it but if you look around most workers look miserable and scared. sad thing is a lot of the somali immigrants have to work the job or they can lose their citizenship.

I'm a physical science tech (basically a field bitch for the permanent scientists here). It varies by day, but I'm usually outdoors hiking around and checking all of our monitoring equipment that's set up around the park. Other days I'll collect the data and send it off to the more important regional peeps. It's beautiful out here, and that's always a plus.

the good side is actually the slaughter side where they bolt the cows etc. it's easier work over there my friend in orientation unironically just cuts cow dicks off all day. some worker just get to bolt cows in head, then next hooks its hoof to raise the cow, then it's stabbed in its thorax, and it just continues getting 'slaughtered' and sectioned. the sections are partially frozen then sent to processing where the cuts of meat are made and trimmed, then packaged.

I'm a security guard. I actually like my job because I get to work alone and sometimes I can actually help people. Also get paid more than most guards do.

Programmer. I like programming, that's the fun part of software development. Unfortunately not everything in software development is programming. Currently what I do as a software dev involves basically no programming. I hate it so much.

I work as a dishwasher for an airline lounge for 17/hr. Its hell. I clean up after all the cooks and busers and I get treated like shit all the time. It's bad enough that they know I'm awkward and they know I'm a druggie , they always talk shit about me whenever they think I'm "off". I've been there for over 8 months, and no raise or promotion. I really hate the fake smiles and empty promises from my employees. I should have just applied for cooking and kept to myself.

That sounds peaceful and lovely. I hope you continue to enjoy your job for a long time.

I work as a dishwasher at a popular brunch place in town. was absolutely slammed today with dishes because we were very busy I am glad I have a helper at least otherwise I'd be fucked. I really hate when people get on my ass about things not being stored right or not washing right or some shit when I work my ass off and try to wash things correctly all the time and put things away correctly. other than that it is ok

Ayy, same for me. It's pretty chill, I enjoy it. I work nights as well so I basically do nothing but browse Jow Forums all night.

i work in two entomology labs at my university and i couldn't enjoy it more.
this summer i got paid to essentially take a weekly 1 hr road trip out to a beautiful farm, collect insects, and then drive another hour back.
when i'm not doing field work, i'm in a lab doing specimen preservation/preparation, dissections, identifications, and data entry. my shifts fly by because i get lost in what i do.
> i get to listen to audio books, sit in a quiet, chilly room, and poke at bugs: just like at home!

Attached: peaceful.jpg (600x600, 42K)

Cont.
by not washing right I mean not washing as efficently as I could be doing or some shit. workers are pretty chill for the most part just just a very tiring job

any cool stories bro

>entomology
Please tell me why the cockroach in my living room won't seem to die no matter how much I spray it with insecticide.

I work for a lottery, I have to man a tent at fairs and shit all over the state during the summer. It's nice a chill during the colder months but it's been nonstop this summer. I'm always having to spend my weekends in some rinky dink hotel or working at some dumb concert/airshow/sportsgame and dealing with dumb ass lottery players

Hey thank you..means a lot. Definitely will not take it for granted. I never asked about what you do and I apologize for that. It's time for me to sleep though. I hope you have a good night (or day)

How is it degrading? I applied to a bunch of these jobs.

It's nice to hear about people who enjoy what they do. Have a good night, user.

because you should take him outside instead!

gig-based?

when i did it nobody really talked to me the servers/management think you're pathetic and will throw dishes at you sometimes splashing you with ketchup or w/e is in it. if you confront them they'll just say 'sorry i have a lot of tables' or some stupid generic restaurant talk. i actually started fantasizing about stabbing a few of the workers so i quit after that. i actually had to get drunk to do the job. it's not a dignifying job.

I can't risk it coming back in again. Also, it vaguely looked like it had eggs on it, so I'm guessing it's female.

You should get a NEET as a pet to take care of >.>

I doubt every restaurant is like this.

How did you meme them? What did you end up doing instead?

no they all are. nobody applies for dishwashing jobs the pay is low and its got a negative connotation especially if you're over 20 years old. i did it for one week and wanted to literally murder a few of my coworkers they were so annoying and literally threw dishes in my direction splashing me with ketchup and food.

there was another dishwasher that was like 38 years old i don't know why he did it but he was like a career dishwasher.

I work as a lift driver what you guys thonk?

I work as a maintenance worker at a swimming pool. Considering my non-existent qualifications, I'm fucking thrilled

Could you explain that?

I was considering going to programming bootcamp after college (good at computers but too late to study them in school, plus my parents are rich so I can afford to push off getting an actual job for a little while).

Eh nothing really exciting yet. Had to call an ambulance for some lady who overdosed on her pain meds (imo she was faking it), and while calling 911 her schizophrenic son was getting in my face trying to fight me. I then called the police as his mom was being loaded into the ambulance yelling at me.
A few weeks ago at my usual site, which is a construction site, I caught three tweakers trying to climb the fence and they ran away when I yelled at them and shined my flashlight at them, and they got back in their car and sped away. Later saw them sitting down the road in their car watching me, and they sped off again when I saw them sitting there. They yelled something at me when they drove by, probably a threat but never heard what it was. I posted about this when it happened lol because I thought they were going to come back and murder me but they never did.
Also, my favorite moment as a security guard was at my first site, another apartment building, and there was a qt living there who came up to me and asked if there was a number she could call if she needed my assistance. Apparently she was just out of a abusive relationship and she was scared living on her own, but she said she felt safe with me patrolling around the building. Felt really good to hear that.

>Warehouse forklift driver
Usually I work the graveyard shift which on most places is comf and chill ..
Where as we barely get 30 minutes of rest for lunch before the natzi commander comes and orders us back out to unload more trucks.
Always called in for extra hours and the sheer amount of people having vacations planned to have them scrapped (while on their vacation) is mind boggling.
All because hiring 2-3 extra is too expensive.. meanwhile if the supervisor wants a break, he can have it and if we're missing people "you'll figure it out" and no replacements or broken vacations for him.
I've already hit the wall and currently am at sick leave from all stress, halftime, with all that said, I'm currently at the day shift this week and I've already completed a full days of work in 2 hours and could easily sit outdoors and chill for 6.
Our two shifts is literally night and days difference.. how is this remotely fair?

cockroaches don't carry their eggs, so it might not be a roach after all. like some other insects, roaches lay an egg case called an ootheca. mantises are another bug commonly known to do this.

if i'm guessing correctly, it sounds like you might have a giant water bug on your hands, and in that case steer clear! they're known to have one of the most painful bug bites. nothing that will poison or kill you, it just hurts really, really bad. they're infamously called "toebiters".

unfortunately i hardly have space for a vinegaroon or tarantula! :(

Attached: waterbug_v_cockroach-1.jpg (330x396, 29K)

>cockroaches don't carry their eggs, so it might not be a roach after all. like some other insects, roaches lay an egg case called an ootheca. mantises are another bug commonly known to do this.
Interesting! I didn't know this. Thanks for the fact.

It's for sure a cockroach, though. Maybe its guts were coming out of the back; I'm not sure.

>hey're known to have one of the most painful bug bites. nothing that will poison or kill you, it just hurts really, really bad. they're infamously called "toebiters".

Also never knew this.
>tfw used to swim in close proximity to water bugs when I was a kid

Work in a chemistry lab as a grad student. It sucks making literal minimum wage and being expected to become an expert in the field. But the guys I work with are pretty cool and I can pass as a normie, plus working with dangerous chemicals daily means the chance of a sweat early death which is cool too. It also sucks having to deal with a lot of people.

Attached: 1530331527972.png (222x222, 85K)

I'm a data scientist in NYC. The pay is really good, almost make 90-100k and work from home a lot. Still depressed, and still no motivation to succeed in my career.

That seems like it would be a robot tier job, but dealing with a shit supervisor must suck. How is the pay for that job friend?

i should have clarified that not all water bugs bite! it's a super vague name. i'm referring to bugs in the family Belostomatidae, which are the bitey ones. another cool thing about giant water bugs is that they're a popular street food in cambodia and vietnam. they're a great source of zinc for kids!

pic related: all technically literal "water bugs".

Attached: Specimens-of-aquatic-bugs-Hemiptera-collected-during-the-study-dorsal-habitus-view.png (850x513, 82K)

Pizza delivery. Pay's alright, not the hourly wage that's sub min wage but the tips. Co-workers are a mixed bag of corporate cocksuckers, window lickers, and generally chill people (aka managers, inside workers, and driver's). Also if your street address is not visible from the street, you should be banned from using delivery.

venture capitalist in silicon valley. i like it

Software QA """"""engineer""""""". Hate everything about modern IT """culture""". Don't really like IT in general. Get there because i was that quiet kid that good with computers and i just don't know anything else in terms of job skills. But compared to many other jobs i don't really have right to complain.

Also an entomologist here working for a pest control company training techs to pass their certified operator exam and occassionally doing "field work," it is chill.

How do you even muster the willpower to study to get the job

I am an intern working in software development and I fucking hate it. This work is soul sucking and pointless.

Attached: keemy.png (424x375, 173K)

About 15-16 dollars an hour, depends a little on how long you've worked too, I've been with the company for 5 years now so closer to 16 now.

Worst part is that our supervisor used to be a drone like the rest of us but as the previous, chill supervisor managed to break his leg and couldn't come back for a year, this drone stepped up with the promise of "I know how you have it, I've worked like you guys so" which he forgot a month into the work and became a office rat..
The old supervisor now work the evening shift, just before us and he has stories of our current supervisor and how he eyed his position for years before his accident. But that he is happy where he is now and don't want to go back to the graveyard shift anymore so we're stuck with him now..

Sounds like a shitty company or shitty project. I've had 2 junie dev jobs so far (still on the second one) and liked both. Doing legacy .NET right now which should by all accounts be cancerous but it's still cool.
What were you working with?

I find it fun. Learn SQL, R, Python, and a data viz platform. You can get a job paying 80-120 k in a year.

Working 30 hours a week at min wage for my mom's grooming place. Basically people come in and use our shit to wash their dogs and have us clean up after them. It's a pretty relaxed job and gets me plenty of tip money I can spend on lunch and the occasional vidya.

Why aren't you going door to door to groom dogs?

being a dishwasher is a hellish job. what people said in this thread is true, servers are pricks and every dishwasher is replaceable because restaurants are used to finding new ones all the time.

This.

Robots under 25, NEVER do dishwashing full time. If you need extra income, do it part time and get another job. Dishwashing isn't something to do for long periods of time.

i'm 22 and i've never had a job
got neetbux though
HOWEVER
i'm gonna start wageslaving soon
i might as well since I can both keep the bux and slave.

Not him, but that's always depend. If person enjoy coding (seems like you do) - dev job is great. If person here for the money (like me and, probably, that user) - it can be soul crushing even.
I experience same thing with QA. Some guys around me seems genuinely enjoys what we do. They interested in it, they happy to wake up and dive into tasks. I don't really like it, it's just a job to me. Still, IT in general is better place to be than many other jobs.