I get my wisdom teeth pulled in a few days. Wondering what that experience was like for other anons

I get my wisdom teeth pulled in a few days. Wondering what that experience was like for other anons...

Attached: 1561925798615.png (873x700, 73K)

Are you afraid, brave frogposter? Don't worry so much, mine was completely painless. I'm not sure if it was the skill of the surgeon or simply something in my physiology, but I had zero pain or swelling.

I have a stronger phobia of anything medical than anything I've ever heard about. My blood pressure was 165/80 and my heart rate was 145 the last time it was measured in a doctor's office. The nurse looks at me like I'm going to die every time. Before I was put under the vitals monitor was beeping panicked beeps and the anesthesiologist said she was getting weird readings. Still fine.

Incidentally, I've also learned that all those stories of people groggily recovering from anesthesia are victims of shit practitioners, not the drugs themselves.

Attached: haha.png (410x596, 316K)

Its doesnt really hurt theres just a lot of pressure because they have to break them out. Actually the numbing needles hurt quite a bit when they stick them into your mouth. Its mostly gross though cause youll have open holes in your mouth for months while it heals and fills in. Youll be eating a lot of coagulated blood for a few days and then food will easy get stuck in there. Dont eat rice or corn, youll go nuts.

it was really awful for me, just the pressure you feel on your head the noises and whatnot, its a really bad feeling, i didnt take any painkillers after too so it swelled and hurt a lot for like a week, had to do that 2 times one for each side, buy some ice cream for after the surgery because hot stuff hurts

im glad your experience went so well user. Im not gonna lie im pretty worried for a few reasons. The main one is just hearing from my friends experience. His experience was basically they put him what I assume to be nitrous oxide so coming out of the building he was FUCKED UP (which i dont mind and kinda look forward to). But then after he said the pain was really bad and he was pretty much strung out on painkillers. Im also worried because I have a few performances with my band and I dont want to be in lots of pain for that.

that sounds painful user, im really hoping that i wont have to give up eating a lot of different foods for a long time
I fucking hate shots, hopefully its not too bad. Also the coagulated blood thing sounds maximum nasty

I could have driven home, and I actually felt a little embarrassed that I didn't. The place I went was a few blocks from a major hospital so I kinda suspect the people who did mine were way more skilled than necessary. I should have added that I had it done when I was 24, so it was genuinely the worst possible case in every way lmfao. I think how much pain and swelling you get must have something to do with your body as well though.

I think you'll get through it far better than me, froganon. I know you're braver than I am.

Attached: bit happy, actually.jpg (480x480, 31K)

it was awful but the standards are different where i live so yours probably wont be as bad, you're gonna have to not eat solid stuff for at least a week regardless of how it goes i would think, it really is nasty in the first few days i had to have a cup with me so i could spit saliva and blood because swallowing was hurting too much

AHHHH STOP YOU'RE SCARING HIM!

I'm actually really sorry it was so rough for you. The more I read the more I think it's about whether the surgeon is incompetent or not. I was eating normally the first or second day. Kinda bizarre, really

Attached: haha, oh wow.png (980x1080, 829K)

Apparently when I came out of it I was stumbling around saying "I'M ALRIGHT I'M ALRIGHT" like a black-out drunk person cuz anesthesia. Apart from that it was fucking awful 'cause mine were in an especially bad position. I looked like a chipmunk for at least a month.

i dunno, maybe it was just my mouth that was bad and it gave more trouble, the teeth were all inside the gum so he to cut more to get it out, i dont have a comparative to know if the surgeon was bad, but hes not supposed to be since its an expensive clinic

I got only my left one pulled due to it decaying, local anaesthesia, anthibiotics for a few days and that was it, the only annoying part was feeling the stiches in my mouth for a week and be careful on how you eat but nothing else was bothering.

>surgery is a breeze
>wake up dizzy, not totally out of it like they say, just confused
>sleep for awhile
>there's some pain, not that bad
>can't eat or talk much at all for weeks
>wasn't that bad I had no friends

I got mine out when I was 12, so I don't remember much. They performed my surgery under general anesthesia, so I was asleep for all of it. I do remember that I threw up in the parking lot on the way home (and felt really bad for whomever parked next to us). They gave me vicodin for the pain, but I might've taken one pill. I was up and around like nothing the next day.

this is what kinda scares me anons...
I hear it is different for everybody and I seem to get really bad pressure in the back of my mouth. I feel as though it might just be fucking hell for me cus im already having lots of pain with it

one of mine was sideways and partially impacted (sticking out of the gum and pretty inflamed, actually). I'm leaning heavily towards it just being dependent on the surgeon's skill.

Attached: excited anime girl.jpg (340x340, 11K)

i thought it was gonna be bad before i did it and it was pretty bad but i dont regret it, if you're gonna suffer its gonna be one or 2 weeks after that you'll be fine for life, its better to expect the worst and hope for the best, i had to take all 4 out so mine was pretty bad for that too

well thanks for sharing your experiences anons, hopefully this goes okay for me

good luck, user! You'll be fine. Report back if you feel up to it. I'll probably find your thread.

Attached: wow!.jpg (593x593, 51K)

If you've never been on laughing gas before, it's actually not something to get super hyped about. Ravers taking whippets might make you think it's some cool fun drug, but it's really not. At first when you take it you get really dizzy and your vision darkens, and that's what people are going after for whatever reason. After that you drift off into a state of near unconciousness and it's exactly like dreaming.

When I had mine taken out I remember they had an xray of my teeth pulled up on a TV screen, and while I was on the laughing gas I thought it was a really boring TV show and I kept trying to change the channel and it wouldn't. It was a strange sequence of events but in the end the experience isn't much different from being asleep.

If you are in the US they will probably get you high and you will tell the doc about pepe the frog, your BBC fetish and what an incel is.

People in mai kantry refuse to remove more than one tooth at a time unless they put you to sleep. That's because it's too dangerous and they are too incompetent to do it right.

I got mine out one by one, luckily I only had two, under local anaesthesia and no laughing gas. The dude I picked was young and well-educated, but he lacked experience.

He tried to use the elevator but couldn't get the tooth to move, so he just grabbed the pliers. From then on the feeling was just a bit of pressure as he tried to wiggle it out. No big deal.

It's really important whether they're impacted or fully erupted, in the upper or lower jaw, and how many roots they have and whether they're spread out or packed together.

My one wisdom tooth had fewer roots that were literally fused into one another, so it came out in seconds. The other had more roots that were spread out. It took minutes to take it out, I heard cracking, and after a few months I had a piece of thin bone come out of the socket.

Pain was non-existent. I didn't wanna play hero and suffer for no reason, so I popped a painkiller and didn't feel a thing.

The holes should close up within a week or two.

what's it like to be THIS out of it?!

Attached: 1541830944949.jpg (595x741, 95K)

Got mine done a week or two ago. Feels a little strange, painless, liked looking at the gross tooth after.

Had mine done with Novocaine, local anesthetic. They inject hella so you don't feel anything, just slight pressure when they're doing everything. Mine were horizontally impacted so they had to break up the teeth. The most disturbing part was smelling the bone that was being drilled and hearing all the cracking and feeling the pressure, otherwise it was done pretty quick.
After the operation your face gets super swollen and they stuff gauze in your mouth to stem the bleeding. I was still bleeding a lot after a couple hours which made me a little nervous but it ended up ok. Taking shittons of ibuprofen + acetaminophen combined worked for the pain, only felt the need to take vicodin 2-3 times in the entire recovery process. Ate nothing but ice cream, mashed potatoes and yogurt for a few days after.
The feeling of stitches in your mouth is strange, and the holes where they took the teeth out take a little while to close and food can get stuck in them, they should give you a syringe to clean it out. DO NOT EAT RICE. It expands in the holes and its a complete bitch to get it out.
All in all went smoothly.

I had mine out in Thailand of all places (shit luck while backpacking).
Done under local.
Fucking awful experience. Not painful but the sound of your own teeth being cracked and shattered echoes through your skull like something awful. That was it though. Really no pain at all once they put the local in.
No pain over the next few days either. It was just a blur of nameless happy pills, room service milkshakes and comfy massages. The 5* hotel my insurance company paid for was a nice touch too.

recovered in a day, mouth bled like a motherfucker and i was tired for like 2 hours then i was instantly fine.

post that anime whore one more time and i will hunt you down.

Attached: CrackMorgan.png (237x783, 236K)

>go in
>doctor blabbers at me for 10 minutes while I nod like a goober
>get sent to the chair and gassed
>wake up some time later, mouth numbed
>nurses carry me off in a wheelchair to my designated driver because I'm apparently too high to walk even though I could have easily walked off on my own
>gums bleed a bit, so I chew on gauze for a few hours until it stops
>mouth is back to normal the next day, aside from being unable to eat solids for a week
>pick up pain pills that were completely useless since I had no pain at all and thus no reason to use them (great bonus if you are a druggo)
Barely even worth mentioning.

user I had mine pulled 5 days ago. It is not so bad. You do not feel anything and the operation is over quickly. There is a lot of blood for the next half a day. Make sure to only eat what you are told to (soft stuff), drink water, and after eating, clean with warm salt water and flush the sockets so you do not get a dry socket (which means another operation and a lot of pain). It heals pretty fast and by the 5 day mark, where I am, the pain is pretty much gone. Oh and take your medicine, especially the antibiotic.