Music taste thread

What does Jow Forums like music wise? I really like Pink Floyd and David Bowie. My favorite album is Animals by Pink Floyd.

Attached: 0ABB3691-C130-4773-BBA4-0AE43CB2BBC7.jpg (600x593, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=obcH1wyez-s&list=PLdgr2aw36XbVnoFnn1zbH8t_qxrsRpIcr&index=12
youtube.com/watch?v=qiaF4kuxJco
youtube.com/watch?v=uEyROz37ECU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ks5LNTVjZOc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VpATBBRajP8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wLoYIBEZEfw
youtube.com/watch?v=02-h9t0VpVI
relisten.net/
archive.org/search.php?query=grateful dead&and[]=mediatype:"etree"
youtube.com/watch?v=ienZCBtPjWw
youtube.com/watch?v=mXr3QPEAGuo
youtube.com/watch?v=g71NHAbYSos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My favorite band of all time is Smashing Pumpkins.

What's your favorite bowie's album, for me is low

Station to station, fuck do I love that album

Old Hardcore Punk like Angry Samoans
Goth like Southern Death Cult and Siouxsie Sioux
Post Punk like Bolshoi or Zero le Creche
Classic Country like Patsy Cline
Classic rock like Cream
and other various things like swing and rock n roll idk.

Attached: zerolast-288x300.jpg (288x300, 16K)

Bongzilla, Burzum, Tool, Gojira, The Prodigy. Floyd and Bowie are good. Anything with a good enough beat to bang your head to. White girls love all the feel good tracks from the early 00s btw.

Attached: images (34).jpg (445x689, 89K)

Minecraft music

I can't believe this is an originaI reply

youtube.com/watch?v=obcH1wyez-s&list=PLdgr2aw36XbVnoFnn1zbH8t_qxrsRpIcr&index=12

dad rock, so much dad rock

pink floyd
dire straits
king crimson
yes
genesis
ratt

boomers really got it all figure it out when it comes to making music
youtube.com/watch?v=qiaF4kuxJco

Attached: 1503721825948.png (601x500, 28K)

trash
trash
almost passable
cringe
cringe
20 something year old boomer zoomer doomer bro! cringe
trash
more trash

youtube.com/watch?v=uEyROz37ECU
The finest autistic material I've been hearing so far.

what an abhorrent post holy shit, didnt even said what music he likes just talked shit

thrash metal
slayer
sodom
exodus
d.r.i
megadeth

I feel proud in being almost passable.

Attached: 1560281017440.png (706x556, 81K)

The Dillinger Escape Plan. Gold Teeth On a Bum's my jam

You are the biggest faggot.

explain why pink floyd are good please? don't use subjective taste as an argument

i would have said good if you didnt slap on "rock n roll idk" and cream in there. you're almost there champ, keep going. the beauty of true art will find you if you let it

Its not about the meme. Its about the music you retarded jew

wtf are you on about? music taste is subjective

yeah man i'm sure it's about the music if you listen to shitty compilations on 128 kbps. you're a true music fan because you listen to classical!

They just make really melodically interesting music, and all of the instruments work together to produce a truly wonderful sound.

could you please tell me why pink floyd are good? if you're unable to do that then perhaps i'm correct in my assessment that you cannot differentiate between good and bad music and you just believe that they're good because that's what you've been told. dude pink floyd are like... the greatest band ever man, they just dont make em like that anymore!

edm fag here

because i like it, you need something else?

interesting melodies and "instruments work together", so every pop record ever released? and i would say you're reaching by calling them interesting melodically. you don't know music theory and that's the only word you know, you've never thought about what makes good music good before but i'm just a stupid faggot i guess

youtube.com/watch?v=Ks5LNTVjZOc

Viking Era Bathory
Ensiferum
Belphegor
Cradle of Filth
Bon Jovi
Paradise Lost
Poison
Nightwish
Evanescence
old Behemoth (up to Evangelion)
Basque/Georgian/Adyghe/Mongolian/Turkic music and dance
Wagner
various underground Punk/Black Metal/Metal bands from my area

>tfw extremely autistic music taste

You can all get fucked
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VpATBBRajP8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wLoYIBEZEfw

My favorite artist is bruce springsteen

Attached: 810glpjymKL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 300K)

I only listen to the works of Kanye Yeezus Omari West, the only truly transcendental artist of our times.

Fuck off and get off your damn high horse you pretentious faggot. Go suck off Mozart or whatever

based
how is appreciating art pretentious? you do consider music art, don't you user?

Music theory is a load of horseshit, because it only exists in service to the phenomenology of music. It is irrelevant WHY something sounds good, only that it does.
Music theory is a tool for people to make things sound good, but it doesn't actually have any intrinsic value. So stop being such a pseud and just listen.

Stupid faggot.
basedoinal

you clearly don't make music and only enjoy it on the surface level

What a fucking pretentious cunt you are, you can enjoy music without autistically obsessing over chord progressions and shit.

>he doesnt listen to brazilian old school thug rap
youtube.com/watch?v=02-h9t0VpVI

Attached: 1527978598983.jpg (399x322, 25K)

I agree with this good sir

>has awful taste
>cant justify it
>doesnt understand something
>calls it autistic
it's all coming together...

i like acid house, my favorite album is analogue bubblebath vol. 1 by aphex twin

Attached: afx.jpg (600x585, 130K)

Everyone kys stupid boomers

Xxxtentacion for ever
Also youre all 13 wanting to be like the dad you never had old shit sounds trash no one actually enjoys it youre just lying to yourself

poat your taste then faggot

you wouldn't give anything i link a fair chance because i've clearly already upset you

reported underage b& leave this board 4ever little cancer boy :-----)

>implying
ok, hide then in fear of getting called a hypocrite

Or maybe you yourself know your taste is shit and are ashamed

I do not need to make music, I have ears. I can hear and perceive music. The experience of music is the only thing that matters.
Music theory only ATTEMPTS to formalize these sensations.

Kill yourself
OMG look u underage!!1! Xd b@n time XDDDD HAHA LOLEEE kys pls no one likes you mediocre human

do you not think a man with my intellectual might sees through your shabby attempts to get me to post music i like here so you can reply with LOL SO FUCKING BAD ITS JUST SOUNDS HAHA FUCKING RETADR SO EDGY

goodnight cancer kid, i can see the janitor running down the hall already banhammer in hand, hes going 2 kill you kid! its over!!!! see you in a month!

Watch out boys, we got a genius over here

bet you like some punk shit thats barely good and you try to justify it with music theory, guess what, i took classes on music theory, i understand it and i still think its a load of horseshit

can you sweeties stop making this thread about me and go back to posting awful music so i can judge you? ty

Youre obv new to this site, you just violated a rule. Keep talking bro this gonna b good

>wants to judge while he himself is afraid of being judged
maximum hypocrisy achieved, youre worse than sjws with double standards

Chart is a little outdated but eh

Piper is based.
Bowie's music from Station to Station throughout Scary Monsters is really fuckin good
What's your favourite song off of Lodger, desu?
Prog is good shit, don't you worry
Good stuff. Listen to the rest of early black metal if you haven't (you probably ly have but whatever). Shit like Mercyful Fate and Bathory is tip of the iceberg
>Wagner
Diet Liszt
Kanye is good
>inb4 mbdtf

Attached: received_870971546596231.jpg (2341x2191, 711K)

/mu/ faggots are the most cancerous cunts. They think consuming specific art others make somehow elevates them higher than other people. Fucking grow up and get a personality.

Agreed with this great sir

Kys everyone

a little outdated? you just put the top 50 albums from rym's BORING SHITTY OLD ROCK chart

Shall we go there and fuck with them?

>do you not think a man with my intellectual might sees through your shabby attempts
Alright I thought you were a fag at first but you did win me over here

Seeing anons argue over taste make the funniest threads I swear

MBDTF is alright, but everyone knows Yeezus is his magnum opus.

I listen to all kinds of shit ranging from house, progressive metal, experimental ambient/drone, folk punk etc but what resonates with me the most is probably shoegaze, it's perfect for a depressed faggot like me. Too bad the actually good albums are so few.

>experimental ambient/drone
stop making up genres hun. and there are plenty of good shoegaze albums you just don't know them because you've only listened to lush mbv slowdive and kinoko teikoku.

>stop making up genres
What the fuck are you going on about, Ambient and Drone are both very well established genres.

>there are plenty of good shoegaze albums
I know faggot, it's been more than a decade since I started listening to it. They're few proportionally; it's true that they're out there but you have to search through tons of boring garbage to find them.

>hun
Cringe. Kill yourself.

neither experimental ambient or experimental drone are genres. your addition of the word experimental to those genres is just proof you're trying to sound like you have deeper taste than you actually do.

There isn't "experimental" anything as a genre, it's just a way to say that you prefer more unorthodox leaning artists, and drone ambient is one form of it as are things like Ryoji Ikeda-ish glitch or dark ambient, which are pretty different from shit like BoC. It's just a way to summarize it, I don't give a shot about showing "deep" taste on a fucking anonymous board. Fuck you.

Ikeda doesn't make ambient you fucking pseud.

drone and ambient are completely separate genres. drone ambient isn't a thing. and ryoji ikeda is neither drone nor ambient. he's mainly a visual artist who accompanies his installations with microsound and glitch pieces. you either don't know what you're talking about or have been misinformed at some point. i understand that some releases get called experimental when they don't fit into already established genres but ambient and drone have plenty of sub and associated genres so you don't need to call them experimental. and if you think boards of canada or ikeda are "unorthodox" artists you really haven't gone deep enough into any aspects of drone, ambient, techno or idm

Burn this fucking thread to the ground along with /mu/

>drone and ambient are completely separate genres.
Drone is literally a subgenre of ambient.

>and ryoji ikeda is neither drone nor ambient.
I didn't say he did drone. Read the post again. But sure some people call it ambient but I guess it drifts away too much, something like hironori nagatsuma or trorez are a closer fit.

>ambient and drone have plenty of sub and associated genres so you don't need to call them experimental
Sorry I didn't know using the word "experimental" was such a big fucking deal to you /mu/tards, next time I'll take my time to list every single genre.

>and if you think boards of canada or ikeda are "unorthodox" artists
Read the post again, I said BoC were the opposite of unorthodox.

you don't know what you're talking about buttercup. it's as simple as that.

Now this is some cope. Learning just the basics of rhythm and harmony has increased my enjoyment of music immensely, I can't wait to learn more.

Reminder there's literally thousands of hours worth of Grateful Dead jams online for free, legally.
relisten.net/
archive.org/search.php?query=grateful dead&and[]=mediatype:"etree"
I suggest this one
youtube.com/watch?v=ienZCBtPjWw
This is one of their most famous shows.

Attached: wg1zIyy.jpg (600x600, 210K)

Blue Oyster Cult are pretty underrated. Everyone knows about "dont fear the reaper" but it's not even their best song.

Attached: BOC.jpg (1405x1411, 218K)

Burzum
Bathory
Aether Realm (best and most underrated melodeath band)
Wintersun
Amon Amarth
Children of Bodom
Darkthorne
Death
Ensiferum
Havok (best thrash band)
Immortal
Insomnium
Skeletonwitch
Whispered
Yea... black metal and melodeath, +the classics obviously

Attached: Skeletonwitch - Devouring Radiant Light.jpg (320x320, 22K)

you posted the classics though, what did you mean by +the classics obviously?

Bowie is my favorite artist ever. Probably will always be. I also really like sakanaction. Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Celtic music and music from (or played in the style of) the middle ages.

Mine as well. Only six songs, but it's perfect.

Attached: p12-hadfield-sakanactionrev-a-20180329-870x579[1].jpg (870x579, 101K)

I just listen to boku no pico ost

Patrician choice there. Although Low isnt far behind.

blueface

No one cares about ur opinion fag

Agalloch

semi-cringe
semi-based
semi-based
cringe
cringe except prodigy
based
cringe
cringe except some megadeth
so much cringe
>nightwish
>evanescence
ohnono.mp3
i ended up hating that song
semibased
cringe except cob

pic related my favs

Attached: bd1b48366bf7b02ee3fd12de9a19e628.png (528x369, 58K)

absolutely cringe rym user with middle of the road taste

any one know something similar to zaum or om, preferably without the vocals
youtube.com/watch?v=mXr3QPEAGuo

whats wrong with rym?

Attached: 1563894505272.jpg (1000x1000, 70K)

sludge, doom, stoner, some dark ambient, some drone metal, some post metal

I love Pink Floyd and David Bowie! My favorite song by David Bowie is Starman

I also really enjoy Heavy Metal though.

thank m8, i'll have to look around its hard find one quite like it
youtube.com/watch?v=g71NHAbYSos

I mainly listen to old eurodance hits/happy hardcore. Mix it with the 80s and some old-school trance and you got my music taste.

I'm addicted to Gigi d'agostino.

Depeche Mode
Human League
Duran Duran
Spandau Ballet
Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry
Bauhaus/Peter Murphy
The Cure
Wolfshiem
Camouflage
Ultravox
Falco
Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Art of Noise
Wham/George Michael
The Bangles
ABC
Heaven 17
Talking Heads
Queen
INXS
MJ
Milli Vanilli
Bee Gees
Tears for Fears
Kraftwerk
Kenny G
OMD
Blondie
Cabaret Voltaire
Jan Hammer
Joy Division/New Order
Phil Collins/Peter Gabriel/Genesis
Casiopea
Mariya Takeuchi
Tatsuro Yamashita
Junko Yagami
Keiko Kimura
CINDY
Momoko Kikuchi
ANRI
Taeko Onhuki
Toshiki Kadomatsu
Wink

Anything 80s really, I love new wave and post-punk, synth pop and power ballads as well as Japanese city pop

Nirvana
Radiohead
Sonic Youth

At least for now

I like post hardcore, math rock, prog metal and Midwest emo

johnny hobo and the freight trains
bat country
hladno pivo
smak
bijelo dugme
crni bombarder

seemed to be quite a bit of negativity here, no music is worth less or more than another, no shoe fits every foot.
the four most generic classical composers
Electric Wizard
Septic Flesh
Aquilus
Ulver
Alcest
Les Discrets
Death
Bolt Thrower
Opeth
Tiamat
Dissection
Peste Noire
Agalloch
Windir
Summoning
There's no point in listing all my shit, there's too much and no one cares anyways :)

Have a nice life
Origjjgifiddi