You could find a job that gives you purpose

>you could find a job that gives you purpose

why do normies lie so hard? jesus christ just keep your delusions to yourself

Attached: sniffable-brapper.jpg (1280x1600, 213K)

ughh shit taste, she reminds me of Miley Cyrus
>throws up in mouth a little
>mfw I bet she eats ass

Attached: disgustingapproved.jpg (1044x770, 239K)

I did, I actually look forward to going to work everyday. So it's not impossible.

not a normie but certain jobs really gives purpose.

Doctors
Scientific researchers
and so on.
granted they all need a certain degree, but after that you really do what you want to do

I did... So it's not impossible.
that's because you're a normie

>I actually look forward to going to work everyday
and what is your job, normie?

guaranteed most people wouldn't enjoy it

>certain jobs really gives purpose.

yeah if your life has no purpose and you fill that empty hole with a job

>Doctors
do not want

>Scientific researchers
interesting, but nobody would pay for the research i'd like to do

>and so on.
it's not really self-evident. you could only think of 2

>granted they all need a certain degree, but after that you really do what you want to do
yeah a degree and all sorts of other bullshit. basically you have to jump through hoops for 10-20 years doing bullshit you don't want to do just to be able to get your job. then it's not what it's cracked out to be

I'm a hapa. Based on what Jow Forums thinks of hapas I most certainly cannot be a normie.
But I work for the power company shutting people's power off for not paying their bills or just installing new meters and the like. I most of the day driving or sitting around doing nothing. I can bet that most people would kill for this blue collar union job with bennies that 90% of Americans don't get.

literally all non business jobs have purpose

>But I work for the power company shutting people's power off for not paying their bills or just installing new meters and the like. I most of the day driving or sitting around doing nothing. I can bet that most people would kill for this blue collar union job with bennies that 90% of Americans don't get.
why would you rather do that then be at home doing whatever you want?

>literally all non business jobs have purpose
i literally can't think of one, unless your life is so devoid of purpose you must serve a master to acquire any reason to live

and by 'non business' what do you mean? where does the money come from that pays your income?

Because it's fun. I can legally break and enter into property to shut people off, Ive seen more crazy shit in the past two years than most people have in their whole life. Plus neetbux isn't enough money for my hobbies and having $15/month health insurance is pretty neat. And if I get injured to the point I can't work who cares as I'm insured for 2 million dollars in disability insurance for free.

>Because it's fun
that's relative

all you're saying is

>my life is so boring that wageslaving is an improvement

>Plus neetbux isn't enough money for my hobbies and having $15/month health insurance is pretty neat.
no shit. but if you got paid the same amount either way, would you still sell your labor to this place?

>And if I get injured to the point I can't work who cares as I'm insured for 2 million dollars in disability insurance for free.
sounds like a plan to me

Neetbux would only pay out about $14,000/yr.
I make about $58,000/yr before my bonuses excluding storm pay if we get hit by a hurricane.
And yeah I would. My job is absolutely great my coworkers are awesome and my boss leaves me alone.

>Neetbux
no idea what that means. i live in USA and i can't get that. therefore, i work. i hate it every day, but i work (programmer)

>I make about $58,000/yr before my bonuses excluding storm pay if we get hit by a hurricane.
cool

>And yeah I would. My job is absolutely great my coworkers are awesome and my boss leaves me alone.
well, consider your privilege then

it's just insane to me, i can't imagine how a person could actually prefer selling their labor to doing WHATEVER THEY WANT

do you have no hobbies? no purpose? no passions? you really can't think of anything worth doing with your free time?

>jobs have no purpose
one purpose might be to not fucking drown in your own shit, jobs are being done so you can function in normal conditions, thats the purpose of a job

You literally work in a cubicle as a keyboard jockey. I can see why you would hate work. Every day is a new experience for me. One day I could be investigating power theft the next following the sheriff's department on a drug raid. Or visiting places in the middle of the Everglades. I only work 4 days a week so it's not even that bad and Fridays are slow as hell since we just do order cleanup which leaves only half a day of work.
But yeah I enjoy my job and they pay for my hobbies which my employer respects by giving me about 11 weeks worth of PTO.

It is technically possible it's just not likely.

the purpose of a job is to acquire currency

anything else is a cope, or filling an empty hole in your life where you lack any sense of innate purpose

t. white collar cuck cubicle worker

i picked this job because all of the other ones sound worse. including yours

i just can't, for the life of me, imagine enjoying what you do. it makes no sense. how could i enjoy that?

it just doesn't seem interesting to me at all

but i was NEET for 11 months and loved EVERY SECOND of it

i guess, if i somehow was incapable of enjoying my life, enjoying freedom, i would rather fill it with something that gives me money

i worked remotely for a while and it just sucks

i can't imagine a single job anyone would pay me to do that isn't terrible

Well again I have fun at work. I have plenty of time to do my hobbies at work and I'm free to just fuck off on vacation when i feel like it. When I was a neet I literally couldn't do it because my hobbies turned into jobs. I mean 24hrs is a lot of time to do shit. But I enjoy my life my work gives me freedom and money. Its literally everything I could want from a job.

>shares his own delusion that you cannot enjoy your job
>baka guys stop sharing delusions

Maybe not, it doesn't happen to everyone as not everyone has the same desires.

Even if you don't like your current occupational sphere, you can build blocks for civilization if you can see beyond all the hypercommercialization like I know robots can, and you can use your free time for self-fulfillment, if it's animayy so be it, disregard anyone else.

we're reaching levels of cope and self-delusion i didn't think were possible
i wish i had your superpower

>you can build blocks for civilization
yeah that's the problem, i'm just tired and exhausted from wasting 8 hours of my day. i have no more motivation to do anything because of it

> if it's animayy so be it
i don't like anime or vidya or any of that shit

Instead of saying cope point out where I am wrong. I'm more than happy to concede where I am wrong.

>acquire currency
and what are you gonna do with that currency if suddenly bakers, farmers, trash collectors, electric plant workers and any other maintenance job decide that their jobs dont give enough currency and they stop working?
money is just an addition in reality its worth nothing, the true worth is actually the work that people do, money only exists in our imagination as a tool to ease the fuckery that is trading

>point out where I am wrong
how can i say you're wrong?

heck, if someone said "well i get paid to scrub toilets and it gives me purpose. can't think of anything better to do with my time either lol" then what can i say to that? nothing

i just can't personally imagine how you could prefer to sell your labor than do anything you want, assuming you get the same money and benefits either way

Use the skills you aquire from your hobbies to barter for goods and services. Duh.

well then my job would become 'acquiring nutrients' then wouldn't it?

>money is just an addition in reality its worth nothing, the true worth is actually the work that people do, money only exists in our imagination as a tool to ease the fuckery that is trading

i understand what money is, but i sell my labor for currency which i trade for food, shelter, electricity.

basically, i would starve to death and be homeless if i did not sell my labor. that is why i sell my labor. that is why i am not NEET

i can not say "yes, i enjoy my job" and i can not think of a 'career' or job that exists where i could say 'yes, i enjoy working'

i would pay anyone $5,000 if they could find me one but i doubt it. i've been going to a 'therapist' (parents making me) which is essentially paying them $200 a month to complain about hating the fact that i have to be a wagecuck

Yeah my job is something I find fun. If I could volunteer to do it for free on the side I would still do it. I serve my community and I get to build relationships with all sorts of people with it. Its like a productive activity you have fun doing. I just get paid for it.

you're basically the most privileged type of person

i'm more jealous of you than i am of any 10/10 chad or anything

everything i want to do, the things i volunteer for, none of that will ever make me money

which is fine, but the fact that i need money (or, rather, resources like food, shelter, electricity) means i must sell my labor. and this gets in the way of me being able to do things i actually find enjoyable

so consider your privilege here

why are you even on Jow Forums? you're basically the luckiest person in the world

thats because you belive that a job should make you happy, when there is no job like that, job can give you a purpose it can make you feel that you are doing something vital for the whole society to properly function, but it wont make you happy even if you do what you like, doing what you like as a job only makes you hate your hobby

>you belive that a job should make you happy
no, a job should provide you income and also not make you miserable. but in my case it makes me miserable

>job can give you a purpose
i already have purpose, and it's not something i could make money from. there's no 'job' or 'career' i can think of that would give me any real purpose

>it can make you feel that you are doing something vital for the whole society to properly function
that would be a dream come true, i'd pay thousands of dollars to anyone who can find me something like that which also allows me to make an income

although to be fair i already do something, volunteer for a group but there's really no money there

>doing what you like as a job only makes you hate your hobby
makes sense, i used to like programming and then i started hating it once i got a job doing it

>no, a job should provide you income and also not make you miserable. but in my case it makes me miserable
well yes it should and there are some people that try making it so for if they fail and some work wont be done everything might collapse, they fail though it seems so far
and i think we strayed out from OP too much i was trying to counter OP more or less not that jobs currently are mostly used as money making machines

i don't think society would collapse unless everyone quit their jobs

if i quit my job, someone else would get hired
if you quit your job, someone else would get hired

work is shitty, and it seems like the fact that i can enjoy my free time makes it worse. every moment at work it's like "damn, i could be happy and doing something enjoyable, but instead i'm here"

they need to make drugs to help cope with this misery

when i think about collapse i think about a whole branch quitting altogether because they are fed up, the work conditions are too shit or whatever

i think such drugs already exist too user

>branch quitting altogether because they are fed up, the work conditions are too shit or whatever
Imagine working for a non organized shop.
This is what being a scab does and you deserve everything you get for it.

>when i think about collapse i think about a whole branch quitting altogether because they are fed up, the work conditions are too shit or whatever

the only way what you're saying would really happen is if the US dollar itself collapsed

>i think such drugs already exist too user
amphetamine didn't work for me
so what?