Help me choose my summer reading book, Jow Forums

Help me choose my summer reading book, Jow Forums
/lit/ isn't replying.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-03_15-12-43.png (394x1215, 66K)

50 Shades of Grey hehe

Ready player one is a really good read.

Oh wow nothing of quality. All gay modern shit.

>implying all modern literature is shit
Off yourself

Wait isn't Watchmen that one comic book with the meme villain? Is that any good?

No. It’s bad. They’re all written in gay.

Actually die.

I liked it.

>implying I’d even consider the advice given by a faggot that likes Ready Player 1

The only thing bad about rpo is it’s movie adaptation.

And the fact that it exists.

It's the 9gag of literature.

not all modern literature but ready player one for sure jej

Attached: 1506010732780.jpg (900x600, 330K)

Probably why he likes it, to be completely honest.

I like it because it actually has a unique plot, unlike most modern day literature, which have pretty forgettable plots. I can see where you’re coming from, and while I agree that it isn’t a masterpiece (far from it) you can’t deny that it has a unique plot.

Everything post 1970 is shit. Gay degenerate fucking vampires and muh sci-fi with tits and biblical symbolism. /thread

Okay I think I'll just read Watchmen, you guys can keep debating about ready player one, have fun.

The fact that you feel the need to justify your point just drives my own point home even further.

Do you actually think that me explaining why I like something is bad?

While I agree that most mainstream literature is like that, the diamonds in the rough are quite enjoyable.

Stop white knighting an entirety of shit cultural decline idiot.

idk most of my favorite reads are old novels. There's the occasional Mark Lawrence's edgy Berserk rip off but it's mostly mindless fun for me. I gave TBOTNS a shot and wasted nearly 2 months of my life with a pretentious as fuck prose full of irrelevant references to muh ancient culture nobody cares about. It's one of /lit/'s favorite series but then that board is worse than Jow Forums and Jow Forums put together when it comes to being a snobbish piece of shit.

I’m not, I’m just saying that you have to look beyond the surface to find some decent shit to read. Same thing goes with modern music.

Oh you’re a “le underground” hipster. Sorry, not gonna shovel through shit for a penny.

Than stop complaining and go read books that you actually like.

I think Kurt Vonnegut is pretty good though

What did he write?

Then*

I mean modern modern authors post 1960 writers

Well, he had a number of very unique books. Most of his good ones were written before 1970 though. I liked Player Piano, Cat's Cradle, Champion's breakfast, Slaughterhause 5 and several other ones the translation of which I can't remember.
Oh, alright.

I’ll check him out.

Are you actually correcting my spelling? Now you’re just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Go away hipster.

Hope you enjoy his novels

Agreed. And I would encourage OP to read one of his books. I'd recommend Slaughter-House Five, Breakfast Of Champions, Cat's Cradle, or The Sirens Of Titan to start with. The latter is arguably my favorite book of his that I've read thus far

Sorry, forgot to link you I feel like Player's Piano is greatly underappreciated. It was definitely before he developed his trademark style of humor and cynicism, but it's still great. It's not as good as Brave New World or 1984, but I think it deals well with its similar themes

Hmm, for some reason never read The Sirens. I simply have to check it out now!

notes from underground

roadside picnic

I just finished it myself! I think it was the book that put him on the map. It's one of his earlier books, and it managed to unseat Breakfast Of Champions as my favorite book of his. The first two thirds of it seem a bit slow, and I wasn't sure where he was going with it. But the final third is simply sublime. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for the tip. Also, Mother Night was a fabulous one. You might want to check it out if you haven't already.

I haven't! I just started reading Jailbird, and I will read that one next! Thanks for the recommendation!

Was nice to talk to an user with a similar taste. Take care, hope you like it!

Same here! Take it easy, user.

"So it goes..."

I reccomend Paradise Lost for >150 iq reading.

I don't know any of these books but if you want to read something good I recommend The Master and Margarita

lol

I'm assuming OP's list was made by a teacher or professor for a class or something?

lol my ass faggot

It’s definitely a teacher. I’d be a very sad man if a professor gave out only tween literature.

lol I haven't heard of any of these books before. Are you some kind of /lit/ hipster?

It’s all youth light reading shit. Nothing with any value.

True. I'd be a sad man being in whoever's class this is. Then again, maybe this is the shit you have to suggest to get the younger generation to get them interested in reading? Maybe this teacher is trying to ease them into good literature, in which case it's justifiable, I suppose. Although pretty sad

>>roadside picnic
I got that waiting on the shelf

The Wind-up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami

Of course I learned to read before I could walk. My mother was a reading teacher, and I was a born introvert. So I was always way above my grade level in reading and comprehension skills. I started off sixth grade with Call of the Wild and Moby Dick, but ended 7th grade on Crime and Punishment. Reading/writing are basically my only talents so I developed the hell out of them. I would be insulted by this list.

Attached: 1511452649245.jpg (324x377, 43K)

It's the school's list for all English classes in grades 9-12

All of those are shit. Read something good about business or politics by an economist.

It's not my choice desu it has to be something from the list