Antidepressant-induced mania occurs in 20-40% of people with bipolar disorder

>Antidepressant-induced mania occurs in 20-40% of people with bipolar disorder.
>was given "fuck off" sample of meds from a doctor the first time i told him i thought i was bipolar
>meds induced mania
>never went back to that doctor
>that was 14 years ago and haven't been to another doc since
Damn, it's like I can pinpoint the exact moment where my life just completely went to shit. Thanks doc.

Attached: chris BORES.jpg (582x562, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why didn't you try a different medication dumbshit

weed is the only anti depressant that has worked for me. also mdma but the effects are obviously short lived and negative in the long run

Because as soon as that medication fucked me up I realized doctors are full of shit.

>trusting doctors to properly prescribe you anything

unironically doctors will just give you medicine like a lab rat until you get something that helps your symptoms. chances are its causing all sorts of other issues in your brain and in the longterm will destroy it.

MDMA is nice but yeah, the effects don't really last at all. I woke up the next day after a trip even more cynical and angry than when I went in. Weed is great except for the fact that it effectively turns you into a vegetable.

Exactly.

>Breakfast is ruined

lmao you mean you tried ONE medication that didn't work and decided the whole rest of em are bad too?
you're pretty dumb man, in fact, i don't know if you're actually mentally ill, you might just be fucking stupid lol

based. It took me over 5 years to go back to a mental health clinic after the system failed me so hard the first time. I do hope you find a way to trust the system again though. It's helped me this time.

These things aren't so simple. Something so deeply personal is always entwined with doubt and insecurity. After an experience fucks his brain up so badly, op is just supposed to waltz back in like nothing happened?

Attached: anon, I'm worried.png (540x582, 297K)

I never said I haven't tried other medications. They just weren't prescribed by a doctor.

yeah i was at a psychward and they prescribed me all these crazy horsepills after a manic episode and seizure and it made me gain 80 lbs. then i go to a regular neurologist who gave me normal sized guitar pick shaped pills to take twice aday that control mood swings and epilepsy with barely any side effects. fuck psychs. fuck docs.

fun and friendly Jow Forums discord server. join now for frens!!

discord
.gg/Mqe36gm

w

Attached: 9e0e1d046207b9d66115dde7a2a04a76.jpg (736x643, 56K)

>I do hope you find a way to trust the system again though. It's helped me this time.
Thanks user, we'll see. I might go back but if it's for anything, it will be Adderall. I don't even care anymore. I just need something to make the depressive episodes go away, you know?

>go in ward cuz suicidal
>put on meme ssris
>have a panic attack bcuz of shitty hospital practices and just the anxiety of being locked up
>lol ur bipolar here's some antipsychotics bye

now I see sparks in my periphery and I'm always worried I'm having low level hallucinations

Man getting 'help' sure is great!

welcome to the fucking club jesus christ im happy im not the only one this happened to

That's fucked up man, sorry to hear it. What are the guitar pick pills you're on now?

definitely, man. I actually inadvertently used adderall for that. The motivation, manufactured or not, is incredible at the low points. Plus there's something of a high there too. Anyway, I'm currently using coffee in much the same way. Stimulants have actually changed my life quite dramatically. I think it's actually pretty plausible that bipolar symptoms could be managed by just bringing the lowest lows up a bit. I don't have it though so I can't pretend to know.

Attached: bit happy, actually.jpg (480x480, 31K)

Better get on top of that shit. Ask your doc about lamotrigine.

It worsens with age.

Btw, Those anti-depressants didn't induce your mania. Your bipolar did-- think about it... in fact you barely gave the medication a chance. Which is good in this case, because anti-depressants are a poor fit.

Here's what you do: Seek treatment, but communicate you want to steer away from anti-depressants. You took one bad experience and modelled your entire treatment strategy around it. Being bipolar fucking sucks man-- You've probably got a few other things too.

>Doctors suck blah blah fucking blah.

Go to several different doctors. I had to go through several therapists and psychologists over the years until I found two who helped me: One prescribed me an off label mood stabilizer with no druggy effects (Because you need to communicate if there's something you don't like)

The other helps me sort shit out. Your emotions wreak havoc on all sorts of decisions and behaviour. You're too blind to see them, you need people who are smarter and more experiences to highlight things.

Attached: 5954718276_41175709d7.jpg (500x333, 120K)

100mg lamictal. doesn't make me feel like a zombie and i can jerk off all i want. i dont get any side effects whatsoever. the psych place gave me large doses of olanzapine and some other shit which is just insanely fucked up.

Yeah, it seems like if the lows aren't as bad then everything else is easier to work with. Have to remember to drink coffee too, just sucks that most days one lacks the energy to even brew a couple cups. Small doses of stimulants are probably the way to go. I've also looked into microdosing which seems great except for having a steady supply of acid which is risky and expensive.

>Btw, Those anti-depressants didn't induce your mania. Your bipolar did-- think about it... in fact you barely gave the medication a chance. Which is good in this case, because anti-depressants are a poor fit.
That's probably true actually. I've tried antipsychotics too but of course, those are not the way to go for something like bipolar. They seem to be meant to sedate schizophrenics and manage symptoms of extreme mania but not really help with stability.

>The other helps me sort shit out. Your emotions wreak havoc on all sorts of decisions and behaviour. You're too blind to see them, you need people who are smarter and more experiences to highlight things.
Also true. I may also have comorbid disorders, would need to hammer it out in treatment to really know.

Really appreciate all the responses here folks. I've already been more informed about my own condition than from years of reading the same bullshit online hoping to find something I missed before.

That sounds pretty nice, glad you found something that works. It's too bad they also threw you on a bunch of other shit, but I suppose for every positive change they take a shot in the dark and just try something else that may or may not fuck your shit up.

Yeah olanzapine and depakote is p common. It's fucked up man. Tbh I don't think I'm bipolar and I haven't taken any meds for years so idk. If anything all it did was fuck me up in the head more with self doubt, wish I just toughed it out myself