What's it like to have parents ok with and even sometimes encouraging NEETness

I'm 19, have been living at home, but the moment I quit one of my jobs about 9 months ago because I couldn't take the dead end retail job anymore, my parents were breathing down my neck, constantly badgering me several time a day to which jobs I have applied to, where I have gotten interviews, and other shit like "if you live in this house you will be working full time." I finally got a job at a gas station night shift that pays peanuts and I fucking hate it, I managed to be a neet for 3 months before I got hired and I loved being a neet so much, I could spend the whole day and night just chilling with my PC, browsing Jow Forums, playing games, If I wanted to go outside to check something out I could get in my shitty car and do it. Now I work 40 hours a week and I'm back to being on suicide watch

I hear stories all the time about people on here whos parents dont give a shit if they work or not, and sometimes even encourage them to stay home and be a neet, should I just quit and hope eventually they will give up on me finding a new job and get used to me being a neet, they don't even have money problems, they are upper middle class, they have mentioned several times that they don't want me in this house if I'm not working, but I kinda think these are hollow threats. Any Neets have experience with this?

Attached: 1563858604111.jpg (313x161, 8K)

Well, if you're going to rely on parents, short-term it might be ok, but long-term that's becomes a big gamble.

Even if they make ok money right now, you're basically giving them all the power over you. Plus, if they get laid off (which is happening more and more these days), then your presence could make it even harder. Not to mention eroding the relationship you have with them.

I've had a NEET friend stay with me when I moved and let me tell you, adults living with each other can get ugly. It devolved within a matter of less than 6 months and it basically came down to me kicking them out.

I get that you want to go NEET, I do too. But you shouldn't be depending on others for that. Make a plan to go independent. Investigate your options, get in touch with other folks who have the same aspiration and above all else, save that cash - super-important.

lets hear some stories about you and NEET roommate

I live very minimalist and ask for nothing from my parents, I sell weed that I buy off the deepweb cheap ($60-100/oz that I sell for $280/oz) and I generally help around the house like doing dishes and laundry... they pay the bills, I use EBT and weed money to buy them food and my bank account gets wadded up as they pay other bills and get me things without me asking from time to time. I'm 21 right now, own a cheap trailer home and am planning on purchasing a car in the near future. I have never worked a day in my life and do not plan on doing so, I'm aiming to get neetbux following Uncle Ruckus guide (already started the claim)... once that happens I'm going to start investing in solar energy, long-term food and cryptocurrency. If I get solar energy then I'll only be paying $30/month in water and $100 in taxes for my property. Less then $500/year, while I'll be getting $750 in neetbux and money I get from reselling weed.

Life is comfy bro

Attached: bigbrain.jpg (330x330, 25K)

Been working as a maintainer on mining equipment as of late. Also handle repair work and whatnot. It is absolutely soul crushing, muddy wet and cold repairs are never small components are heavy and always hard to get to. I want nothing more than to be a NEET I'm tired of this. Job pays well but I hate it. My last job was seasonal and would get laid off so could taste NEETdom every few months. I'm curious to see what anons do for income if you're a NEET.

I was raised by a single mom, she had alcohol issues and used to kick me out, beat the shit out of me and insulted me a lot while i a teenager, from like 9 to when i was 15 and i could beat the shit out of her so she feels guilty about me being a complete fuck up that dropped out of HS, she never had any issue with me not working but encouraged me constantly to study somethings because she thinks i cant even flip a burger at mcdonalds

Attached: 1561430100867.png (296x202, 144K)

Who the fuck is dumb enough to spend 280 dollars on an ounce of pot? You sellin to boomers or 14 year olds?

Not much to tell. I got laid off and since I was living in the same city for a while I decided to move somewhere else. My friend wanted to come to so I let them. It was pretty fun for say a couple of months since it was a cheap beach town and since I had some severance, unemployment, and other NEETbux coming in, I was able treat from time to time.

I was pretty set for awhile, but the plan was for them to find a J-O-B when they go here. But, I think they were basically phoning it in (literally) by just doing some simple swipe-left-right job app on their phone. There were a couple of jobs that came up, but none of them lasted - either it was seasonal and low-paid stuff or didn't work out.

We had talked before about what would happen if no job offer came and the plan was for him to move in with his sister in another state. But that takes money, so I had to confront them about it and ask how much savings they had vs. how much it would cost for them to move. The answer to both questions was the same number so if they spent any more cash, they'd be stuck. At that point, it was time for them to go. But if I didn't actually say anything, I don't know what would have happened with them.

>i can't take the dead end retail job anymore
>spends the next 9 months in his room on the computer doing nothing
yeah user I can see how that retail job was really holding you back...

You think being a NEET is cool now because you're a 19 year old dumbass who thinks he is going to be young forever.
Wait until you squander the next 20 years "chilling with your PC all night" and then you're that sad balding 40 year old dude still stuck doing entry level jobs because you were too short-sighted to build a career.
This WILL happen to you, btw.

I sell by the gram in most cases, I can get a pound from anywhere from $1000-1500 and if they buy an oz I'll sell for $200 but that very rarely happens as they only have enough for a few grams at a time.

>I hear stories all the time about people on here whos parents dont give a shit if they work or not,

Not me but i had a good friend like this, we chilled at his house every week and smoked weed and played d&d. Dude was NEET after high school (18) and when I lost contact with him (25) he was still NEET and parents never forced him to do anything, let us come over and drink and smoke weed and play games whenever we wanted. His parents were extremely kind, very Christian softies who had some kind of family money from somewhere, dad was a plumber and mom was a bookkeeper or something but they had properties somehow

This. It's your life and at your parents obviously care about you. The trick is to find a job that you can tolerate. Or even work part time.

Unless you are Chris Chan tier mentally you are going to be (even more) miserable as you get older

Pretty good. Mum never pushed me to get a job, we both claim disability benefits now. She often shows me stories from the newspaper about wagies being killed on work sites or committing suicide and says she is glad I don't work and end up like them.

He probably breaks the ounce up. This is how retail works, user. Retailers buy large quantities, so they get what are called wholesale prices. Then, they sell smaller quantities at their higher (by weight) prices. This way, they make what is called a profit.

Dude i've sold drugs before i'm not retarded. But even if he sold by the gram, you should start getting discounts on any weight above an eighth

>I sell weed that I buy off the deepweb cheap ($60-100/oz that I sell for $280/oz)

yoooo haha, what town/city this is famalams? you sellin to high school kids?

I sell to young family members (16-18) or old family friends, I have sold eighths for $25 but I've been stingy and they keep coming back so no reason to cut deals.

I'm a 10 year neet, from my perspective the western world & economy is fucked, its not like what it used to be. Its no longer a post war economy where boomers reign supreme. Having a job used to be invigorating and guaranteed you a successful life so everybody did it, now its more like a method of survival in order to scrape every penny to get by to avoid suffering as much as possible, sort of like biblical times... No your parents won't understand because they've lived through their life and thats all they can comprehend. So getting by as a neet might be one solution, but like everything else it won't last. You end up with a huge unemployment gap and are destined to become homeless. Once your parents die or lose their money to support you are fucked. Life is by default suffering, theres no escape except death.

I agree with you about these being much different/harder times than in the past. But going NEET won't help. OP needs to get wise quickly and start hustling.

It's going to be tough for people in the future, but it is possible to survive these times if you're resourceful and aggressive.

sounds comfy af. My father keeps pestering me about "going out in the world and meeting people" as if it's a fucking need. People are dangerous and theres good reason to keep away from them.

I think i was given too much of a positive outlook in life. Im a little older so i was raised thinking i could be like my boomer parents and live the boomer life. So when I was faced with the realty it was such a huge let down I just said fuck it and shut myself in and tried to ignore the outside world. If op is smart and not as morally broken as I was he could easily work a few jobs, collect unemployment benefits or whatever and save up enough money to buy a fallout shelter and stock rations to live the rest of his life in peace, just have to remember its life is survival and theres nothing grand or fun about it.

I lived the NEET life for about 6 months. My parents never got too involved in my life. I told them I wanted to drop out of college to do an apprenticeship and they where fine with it. After I bombed my first couple interviews I felt like shit and basically did nothing but watch YouTube and browse Jow Forums all day. Eventually they gave me a time limit and said if I didn't have one by September they would kick me out. In my depression I didn't really care. Eventually I realised how depressed that life gave me and eventually got the courage to apply again. Luckily the job I got is easy as fuck every now and again I pick up the phone to help boomers print a word document or whatever but most of my day is just killing time browsing Jow Forums or whatever. Is pretty good

Yes, that's very common with a lot of people. They're used to having sunshine blown up their ass and it doesn't prepare them for reality. But, as you said, once you accept that things won't be roses, you can get on with the business of survival.

I'm currently investigating how to buy and utilize raw land. At least in the US, you can buy it for super-low costs. I often think about doing that, getting a simple trailer, and preparing a kind of bug-out shelter. Wouldn't be hard, but I'm just not really ready to actually do the move yet.

Dang is that a help desk job and does it require degrees or certs ? Currently a factory cuck and wanna change

>Once your parents die or lose their money to support you are fucked. Life is by default suffering, theres no escape except death.

Attached: 1542226794078s.jpg (215x250, 3K)

>my parents were breathing down my neck, constantly badgering me several time a day to which jobs I have applied to, where I have gotten interviews
I know this feel
Even though it was my dad who told me to quit my old job. Said the pay was shit and i deserve more

11 months and 1000 applications later i get ONE (01) job offer for the same pay! Had to take it. I am shitposting from work as we speak

My dad also pathologizes not enjoying wagecuckery. I have to pay $150 a month to a therapist to listen to me bitch about my job. It's totally worth it though because it keeps my parents away from me. If i had to live with them i would commit suicide. I will also commit suicide if they don't leave me enough of an inheritance to retire off of

Wageslaving is so terrible. It's like a curse. I just get to be miserable and watch my health deteriorate every day

Yeah my dads the same he is self employed so I waged with him for a while and the only people I met were 2 of his co-workers

>sad balding 40 year old dude
I'm bald @ 26 and it is because of the stress of wageslaving

>My father keeps pestering me about "going out in the world and meeting people" as if it's a fucking need
God damn iktf

It's terrible. He at least shuts up about that so long as i'm wageslaving

I haven't yet told them i totally refuse to get a gf and reproduce. i mean it's not like it's difficult to avoid it, but yeah it's a horrible idea for me