Are any of you in new england? comfy new england thread

are any of you in new england? comfy new england thread

Attached: 3m5tav648w1y.png (3208x2525, 1.99M)

oh well. you guys should visit sometime!

It looks beautiful up there. I visited Boston once, and there was definitely charm to the architecture and cobblestone roads. Maine always seem like a nice place to live, but maybe I'm just idealizing it because I live in the southwest so the lack of seasons and oceans have given me a skewed perspective.

maine is absolutely beautiful; forests and mountains caves and lantern port towns for miles. the winters last from november until the middle of april though, so you better like cold weather.

Couldn't tell you my opinion of winter, I've lived in Southern Arizona my whole life so I'm used to endless summers that start in May and end in November.

everybody in the northeast envies this beyond words, haha. winter keeps you very isolated; it's cold and dreary, many places and activities are closed because nobody will go outside, if you have a convertible it's uncomfortable, if you have a motorcycle you're fucked... and the whole place looks genuinely dead until the middle of may. no flowers, barren trees, mud everywhere. snow is very pretty in december, though. i couldn't imagine christmas and the new year with grass everywhere. the grass is greener and all that...

Figure out what the worst season for weather is in a state you want to move to then spend a couple weeks there during that season to see if you can put up with it. I live in the Pacific Northwest and we have to deal with Californians moving up here and then complaining endlessly about the rain, overcast skies, and chilly temperatures (our temps are mild compared to the midwest or new england, but they act like we live in fucking Alaska). Basically you wanna see the worst its got to offer. Experience a blizzard or a wind storm or whatever else New England can throw at you.

I wish there was grass, it's mostly just dirt and cacti. Essentially, we have the same issue from the end of May until maybe the end of September where it's simply too hot to go outside so a lot of people simply stay indoors. High today was 106, pretty gross. I've just always wanted to see spring flowers and the leaves change.

that's so funny to hear. i'd love to swap places for a year haha
what's winter like for you guys? it's very isolating in new england, temps usually around 0-20F for months, snow every other day or so

Why are we on probation? Because we are th emost New Yorkized?

connecticut is just one long highway filled with signs that direct you to new york city

More like the summer retreat for all the Jew Yawkas. The amount of them that rent beach houses on the shore is retarded. My town is literally flooded with them during the weekends/summers

I live up in Maine but fuck off massholes we are full.

okay but consider the following: ONE OF US, ONE OF US

You aint gonna bug me guy. I got my sea hash and purple round my door yard. If I catch ya up here bud you are in for a mess of trouble.

yo bro, you're in for some wicked trouble, ked

Get out of here Boston you wont get any of us lumbah dealin, house keepin, islanders lobstah bud. But I would like to see ya at the boat races bud for a fatty and a garrys beer bud.

I live in Oregon, and the temperatures get warmer as you approach the coast. The far east of the state is the coldest in winter, average temperatures are usually below 20 degrees, getting slightly warmer as you get into central Oregon, then once you cross the Cascade Mountains into the Valley you get coastal temps where the average is in the upper 30s to low 40s usually. Temperatures dip in the coast range mountains, which regularly see snow in winter, but go back up once you're west of them and up against the Pacific. In general in the PNW, warm air comes off the Pacific, the "pineapple express", and cold air comes from the east and north.

The temperature isn't really the issue in the PNW, it's very mild compared to the Midwest or New England on that front. Our precip can get kinda crazy in terms of rain, but snow depends on where you are once again. In the Valley it snows very infrequently, it's always a big deal when we get snow. But in the east or the mountains it is a regular occurrence.

The one really bad thing about Oregon winters is the wind. It usually starts picking up in February, the east winds blast through the Columbia gorge and create big blustery wind storms that wrack the northern Valley for weeks. A moderate storm gets gusts of 45-55 mph winds, which is hardly a patch on what you guys deal with out in the northeast with hurricanes and the like, but it's enough out here to de-shingle houses, de-limb trees, and knock over the occasional telephone pole, especially if the winds really pick up and we get 60 mph+ gusts. A 20 year roof will be lucky to last you 12 years here.

Get the fuck out of here! No one cares about your wanna be state. Our Portland beats the shit out of yours any day of the damn week.

Our Portland was named after yours. It was that or Boston. The two guys who founded the city were from Boston, MA and Portland, MN and flipped a coin to see which name it got since everybody was tired of calling it Stump Town.

I'm in a small rural town in Massachusetts it's comfy as fuck
Pic related is the pond in my backyard

Attached: 20190619_170522 (1).jpg (2284x1713, 498K)

Portland Maine and Portland Oregon are both awesome, very different feels though. The Maine Portland (the original) is much more old timey port town, with captains and lobster and sailboats and lanterns, whereas the Oregon one is a more "modern" eccentric city by the shore.

Nice but stay off our turnpike masshole.

Is eccentric a nice way to say full of freaks? Get done duck fat fries and see the difference.

Eh, Portland OR has its charms but I much prefer the old world feel of New England cities. Only the downtown district of Portland really has a distinct feel. If you wander outside it it's like any other big city with a homeless problem.

Ncie thread

If you stay out of bayside and Westbrook its not bad at all

that sounds really cozy. i'd love to visit your state someday, i bet i could ride my motorcycle all year there

At least you guys don't live in MN...lucky bastards

If you don't mind getting wet, sure. Lots of rain out here, though you'll generally get some nice sunny weather come August and that sustains itself well into September, sometimes even into October. Usually though by the time Halloween comes autumn is well and truly set in. Not uncommon for kids to have to trick or treat with umbrellas. We get a real autumn too, like you guys, beautiful foliage colors in October. Typically once it starts raining in November it feels like it doesn't really stop until late April.

Not too different from my slice of life up here in Maine. I feel like people who talk up the beauty of Maine rarely go west of 95. The coast is gorgeous here but the rolling hills, lakes and mountains of Western Maine are underrated.

Attached: P1050428-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 140K)

where in maine is this? this is so beautiful???

Most likely near moose head

that sounds amazing :') most everyone here doesn't mind rain at all, it's the dreadful months of 24/7 "OUTSIDE IS TERRIBLE HOLY SHIT" that grate on you after a while. but i guess there's beauty in it too if you like stuff like skiing, snowboarding, tubing... uh, snowshoeing...

Tumbledown mountain in Franklin county. It's one of my favorite hikes. About 9/10 of the way up is a small glacial pond, and both trails up are covers in rocks deposited by a glacier millennia ago.

Attached: extra_large_e76cd0f197e0b98c88ef68e23c963b2a.jpg (2048x700, 303K)

It always seemed /comfy/ up there. Is it?
>t. Kansas user

this looks incredible, good lord. can you drive to , or is it only hikeable?

Yeah I know about hard winters. My family is originally from Minnesota, and I have spent winters there before. You just don't go outside for days at a time. Mostly they played cards. Lots of 500, Rummy, Bridge, Cribbage, etc. At least out here you can go places, even if it's rainy all the time. I actually like the rain, but it does get a bit wearisome after months of little or no direct sunlight. At least you can always head to the mountains for a change of pace, there's almost always snow up there in the winter and the huge evergreens make for some nice scenery. Plus there's the beach. It can be miserable in winter (oregon winds + wet sand = bad time), but picturesque, makes for good postcards.

extremely comfy in spring/summer/ESPECIALLY autumn as well as the first month or so of winter. the six months of isolation takes a toll on everyone who lives here so much so that your local social media in april/may will basically consist entirely of "HOLY SHIT IT'S FINALLY 50 DEGREES"... but if you had a qt to cuddle up inside with maybe it goes by quicker

Hiking only. I love the mountains you can drive up, but I have to say the need to physically hike many of these places keeps the traffic low. Its far more enjoyable to hike alone or with a friend, and run into maybe half a dozen people.

I want to live on Mount Washington forever

Attached: U3uavmc.jpg (4048x3036, 1006K)

Who here /safestcityinAmerica/?

Attached: Irvine.png (828x730, 661K)

you're very nice california, but get ur own thread

Why is summer almost over :(

Cheap booze and fireworks here. I love NH and where I am at. Less than an hour away from the ocean or the city or the mountains.

Attached: 20190720_141421.jpg (2560x1440, 1.34M)

Ssshhh dont talk about it user. We still have plenty of time, plus autumn is kinda comfy

My family comes from Houlton Maine, what does that say about me? Am I inbred?

I'm in old England m8 fite me ya fuckin pussio

Providence reporting in

Lets go get some Haven Brothers

Attached: what-to-do-in-providence-ri-waterfire-og[1].jpg (1024x535, 311K)

fuck cold

FUCK THE COLD

hey mine was an original, who would've thought a two words sentence would still be possible on Jow Forums in 2019

YES it's the absolute best

Fuck the Pats

fuck YOU ked, don't make me bang a uey on you

Trailer Park Boys land user reporting in.

tfw no northeast femanon to cuddle as the leaves start turning red and the weather is perfect for hoodies

don't do this to me user...please don't do this

im in ct, its a dump

depends, are you a northeast femanon? either way i know, it's painful

Anglo or French?

CT dude. Pretty much what said, it's literally the most mediocre state in the northeast. I plan on moving to Maine in the near future

Berkshire? if so based.