I'm 32

I'm 32.

It doesn't get better, you can't be saved, there is no hope, nothing will change, no one will rescue you, you will never have motivation, you will always feel alone and an outsider. Save yourself some time, do whatever you feel like doing, if anyone criticises you then just remember one day you'll be dead in the ground, so do whatever you want not what they say you should do. You're the one who has to live with being you after all.

Attached: 1477063417759.jpg (900x614, 165K)

How does it feel like to be lovecraft tier slivering blob of an abomination OP? Please bestow us your wisdom old one.

You will always doubt yourself, countless times. But trust nothing but your own instincts. Even if everything else points in the opposite direction, trust your gut. If you're only happy locked up in your room all day, then do that.

Don't confuse what you actually want with what you think you want. If you actually wanted a gf, you'd go out and get one. You don't reeeeealy want one, you just wouldn't turn one down if it was offered to you on a plate like a slice of cake. You have no purpose, you have no place in the world.

Everything is a cope, a way to kill time, even those people with Phd's teaching in Universities are just as lost in the world as you are, don't mistake confidence for contentedness.

this is literally how all boomers think unironically they are all low key nihilist thats why they fail and then get butt hurt when they see younger successful people

>they are all low key nihilist thats why they fail and then get butt hurt when they see younger successful people
I'll be waiting here for you when you come crawling back to us

>Save yourself some time, do whatever you feel like doing, if anyone criticises you then just remember one day you'll be dead in the ground, so do whatever you want not what they say you should do. You're the one who has to live with being you after all.
best advice I've seen on here in awhile

Sounds right, mr.P'thngl.

Attached: dmctrip.png (1815x1079, 1.66M)

I'm 34. And while depression IS a life-long struggle (thanks, genetics), things CAN get better. You can't be saved, but you can save yourself.
Start by accepting yourself and who you are. But also accept others for who they are and stop seeing only the worst in yourself and others.
And if you can't do it on your own, get help. False pride should not lead to a life of unhappiness, dude.

>34
>still thinks depression is a genetic disorder
Lmao at the absolute state of materialfags

False hope however, does lead to eternal suffering.

Accept the fact you're unhappy for a reason, and the problem isn't you.

Hope alone cures nothing. Things got better for me, dude. But it was hard work. Is hard work, every day. Some days more than others. I am in a good place now. And you can blame the world and whine about how you don't really fit in. Or you can figure things out and create a space for yourself where you DO fit in. Believe me, if you are depressed, no change of the world can make you happy. I have many depressed friends and many of them are blessed in every way this world can offer. Still depressed. Hell, I am basically blessed in most ways the world could bless me. When I have depressive episodes it is not because the world did something out of the ordinary to me. Nor do they end when the world is acting in my favor. Which admittedly it does most of the time. They end when I start working on myself and help my stupid brain figure things out.

Sciencefag. It is not a genetic disorder, but genetic predisposition exists. All the fucked up stuff that happened to me ofc contributed :D

>I have many depressed friends and many of them are blessed in every way this world can offer. Still depressed.
It's almost like the "blessings" of this world aren't what we really need. Society, civilisation, technology. It's unnatural and it's making us sick. Stop treating the symptoms and look at the root cause.

Soon turning 30 but not in any hopeless situation but I will never have someone to share my life with. Kinda hard when people around you think of you as straight but you want to find a wholesome bottom guy to live life with.
Sadly it's all fantasy in this world we live in.

Just that I am the same as my dad. And my grandma. And my grandpa's mother. They surely didn't live in the same world we live in today. Talking about back to the 1800s here, man. Living "the simple life".
For sure today's world is unhealthy in other, more subtle ways than it used to be. Doesn't mean everybody is affected by it. Doesn't mean there are no ways to cope.
And by "blessings" I mean: I am relatively healthy, I have great friends, a good job that i rate as extremely meaningful, I like how i look, and most importantly I am smart not in a dunning-kruger way but in a "aces things without even trying" way. I am loved, I am needed, i am supported. I do lots of cool stuff.
The root cause of my misery is my chemical imbalance and yeah, the autism that clashes with how most other people think and are. But it would have done that in any era. Maybe they'd just have clubbed me to death in ye goode olde tymes. Of course if you constantly have starvation, pestilence and death as a legit option other problems seem smaller. Doesn't mean that it is a happy life though. Just means you suck it up and then go beat your weaker family members, spouses, kids and pets to cope with the bullshit behind closed doors and with the blessing of the church & social norms of that time.
I prefer living today, even if that gives me too much time to think about negative things. Also gives me time to think and experience positive things, when I get my brain to work the way i want it to.

>Talking about back to the 1800s here, man. Living "the simple life".
You're a fucking idiot.

I'm talking about 15,000 years ago, before the discovery of agriculture moron. They lived the same miserable life you do because they were forced into civilisation and all it entails. Of course they were depressed.

>I am loved, I am needed, i am supported. I do lots of cool stuff.
Until they all leave you, and believe me they will.

Maybe, just maybe, it is not civilization. Maybe, just maybe, it is wrong standards that you were fed and you don't question. Maybe people were just "happier" back then because they didn't expect anything from life. Which was good because, well, they got nothing from life. Maybe you feel disenchanted because real life turned out to be way different from what the media told you it would/should be.
Maybe, just maybe, you don't need to time-travel back to the stone age (where they btw drilled fucking HOLES in the skulls of depressed or mentally abnormal people to let out the "demons"). Just get realistic expectations of life, which still is "nothing at all". And be happy if the world decides to surprise you in a positive way. Stop feeling entitled. Love ya, man.

Oh, some did. Some died. New people were encountered. Some stayed. Some didn't. Some were left behind by me. That's life.
A healthy social life is not like a sitcom with always the same cast. It is like a rope, made of many fibres. None of the fibres needs to span from beginning to end for the rope to be stable. You just need to have enough fibres to support you at any point of the rope. And that all fibres decide to end at the same time is highly unlikely. And even if they do, because you fucked up badly, you can always start anew.
And there are many amazing people out there. Love them for who they are, don't be a judgmental prick and and will return the favour.

>Maybe, just maybe, it is not civilization
No, it's civilisation. Go read a book, nigger.

>Maybe, just maybe, you don't need to time-travel back to the stone age (where they btw drilled fucking HOLES in the skulls of depressed or mentally abnormal people to let out the "demons")
If this is your conception of hunter gatherer times, then jesus christ, that's pathetic. Read a fucking book, nigger.

wow that couldve been my post except im 33

I think it is safe to assume I have read way more books than you did. But yeah, I haven't read the kind of book that romanticizes hunter-gatherer times. Because I don't dig romanticizing stuff in general. Problem is, dude, you are a romantic. Not in the amorous way (well, maybe there too?) but in the more broader sense, the way it was used in, well, the era of Romanticism. Is a nice thing to be, but also supplies you with unrachable ideals, dreams and longings. Which you project on the hunter-gatherer times. I get you, dude. Just be aware that it is just that, romantic idealization. Grass is always greener on the other side of the wall for you. I am no romantic, but i can respect that. sending love your way, bro. Just make sure to ground yourself a bit in reality sometimes to avoid your romantic nature to make you unhappy.

A baby boomer once told me that a person's health should be the top priority. There might be some truth to that. We bots have always tried to be like everyone else, but I think understanding our true selves gives us more leverage to find something salvageable (in my opinion)