Do you think the afterlife will be proven this century?

Do you think the afterlife will be proven this century?

Attached: 1564534846086.jpg (900x506, 64K)

afterlife sounds boring desu.

I doubt the afterlife will ever be proven. I see no evidence of serious research in that direction either.

I don't really believe in an afterlife, but I don't believe in death either. I think we just shift through various states of existence for eternity since non-existence may not even be possible. A lot of people confuse lack of human perception for non-existence but single celled organisms, plants etc. are alive without actually being aware of the fact.

There is a movie about this, suicide becomes an epidemic. The scientist behind the discovery is regretful and tries to prove the afterlife sucks to fix the mess, but only ends up proving it is great instead.

So I just have to fire my remains into space and with any luck I'm gonna be reborn as a neutron star, nice.

Sounds pretty dope desu in an original way

I don't think they would make that information public if it was to be found out, unless they can prove the afterlife is a bad place people are gonna have a valid reason to go through with suicide.

The afterlife was proven in 1975 with the publication of 'life after life' by Dr Raymond Moody

This is the afterlife. You're in it. And after this you go somewhere else, then somewhere else, then somewhere else, and you never remember much of anything. Consider that this current universe we find ourselves in really shouldn't even exist in the first place. There should be nothing here, yet here you are, reading these words, wondering wtf. You shouldn't be here, yet you are. When you die you should be gone, and in many ways you will be gone, won't remember, but you'll still exist like you do now, just remembering almost nothing. Can't you see it? You're trapped in a giant fractal because you. Are. Fractal.

>single celled organisms are alive
Alive yes, but not conciouse I beleive.

What's the movie or who's in it?

As far as we know. It would be weird if they were, but my point is at incredibly advanced levels of cellular complexity your conscious could theoretically return. If it all arose from one cell, it's not a ridiculous concept.

Sounds like DMT talk, this.
I sort of jive with what you're saying, the inner workings of the brain ARE fractal in nature, however I don't think there are any mystical reason for it to be and I think it's entirely inconsequential in the scheme of things. If I did DMT maybe my opinion would change but I do not intend to do so for many years now.

Attached: 1562147383338.gif (540x540, 1.86M)

We're all going to find out by the end of the century at the latest, if that's what you mean.
We as a species, of course, not just a generation.

if an afterlife really did exist, I would be really sad, all the people that I hate or would've hated all deserve death eventually

I've been contemplating killing myself for a long time but one night I had a really vivid dream, which I believe was part of my past life. I woke up and immediately started thinking what was the point of killing myself if im just going to live other lives? That is my greatest fucking fear, that in this entire existence I can die as many times as I want but I just wake up in another life and live through the entire thing again.

Attached: 1_Nf1mmak-sezE8yF2AB01jA.jpg (499x532, 130K)

"alive" is defined by humans anyway

The Discovery, its kind of shitty but the premise was neat.

It's fine, do it or don't do it, what does it matter? So what if you find answers in this life, you'll forget them before the next. It's not DMT, everything you need to know you already know, just search within for the answers. Everything I've shared can be learned while sober. Just open your eyes, open your mind, it's all right in front of you. Don't be hard on yourself, nothing you do matters anyway. It is not a bad thing that nothing matters, it's a VERY GOOD THING. No sense in feeling guilt over anything, you can only experience guilt if you're arrogant enough to believe your actions have meaning. There is no meaning, no point, no purpose, it JUST IS. Stop worrying, relax, we'll be moving to the next slide shortly..

Humans are barred, eternally, from true knowledge. We may never know the truth. We are not allowed to. Whether god or heaven exists or not will never be known, and both theism and atheism, in all their forms, are ultimately un-explanatory.