Tips for college

Gonna be headed off to college in about a week or so, what are some tips for surviving my freshman year without killing myself or turning into a normie?
>no basic shit

Attached: college pepe.jpg (236x303, 11K)

its basically like high school, dont expect anything different, if you didnt make friends before you wont make friends in college

well, that's comforting. i made a few friends in high school but that was mainly out of proximity more than anything since we almost never interacted outside of class

Bring a bulletproof vest.

>he doesn't want to be a normie
That's how i can tell you're a normie.

i'm literally autistic, i barely socialize as is, and i jack off at least 4 times a day (granted that's probably gonna end up changing because i'll have a roommate)

i haven't become a complete degenerate, but i'm certainly not a normie

same i made lots of friends in classes but i dont talk to them outside and never see them again after the class ends, so i dont really consider that having friends

yeah and that can be fine for elementary through high school, but once you get to college, there is almost no obligation for you to socialize with anyone other than your roommate and and a few of your classmates if you have to do group work

i'm worried that i'm gonna end up becoming a complete shut in because of that

Finish and get a job. Do not quit. Just pick a high demand major.

In HS girls date the guy with rich parents. Here they date the guy with high income major.

I'm majoring in IT, but i'm honestly not sure if i should have gone for computer science instead

More than anything, it's a perfect place to do everything you never did. Give sports a try, read weird books, go to cringy meetings, talk to many people. There's a higher chance you'll encounter some weirdo who is more entertaining than every high school normo.

>go to cringy meetings
i was actually considering going to an anime club if my school has one and seeing how things turn out

my uni had a clubs and societies day where you can sign up and find what each one is about and the anime club was the busiest table and they were all having a good chat. They were all standard looking dorks too which is comforting. Not like anime cons or whatever where everyone these is super attractive and normie.

literally the same shit desu

IT major in my 4th year here, IT is pretty comfy. I have friends in CS and they are fucking miseable. In fact Ive never met a CS major that seems happy at my college

Attached: 1564815700495.jpg (900x744, 63K)

How's the courseload compared to CS?

Almost all CS majors can be divided into two categories. People that heard it was a free high paying job and aren't cut out for it and autists that taught themselves everything five years ago and can't stand being forced to attend classes.

I think its easier. At my college you only had to take one science and two maths before moving onto actual course related shit. Also internship>>>>>>major in almost all cases.

Pretty much. They constantly bitch about their classmates and professors. One of them is obviously in it for the money while the other is actually smart but they both still hate it.

my main thing is that i hate math with a passion and i've got to take calculus. I'm just hoping that i only have to do that and something like stats before moving on to major-related courses

yeah at my college you just had to take calc 1 and 100 level statistics which is part of the reason i choose it over CS (the other being that you had to take physics and i fucking hate physics)

oh thank fuck for that
origianoli

Don't take it too seriously, honestly, you don't have to put that much work in to get A's if you're at least moderately smart. I was a cuck and spent too much time studying when I didn't really have to. Of course, if you're actually not that smart, then yes do work hard to get A's.

Major in CS or something related. You don't even have to have a good GPA to get a well paying job when you graduate. Don't do shit because "muh passion," I'm studying aerospace engineering and I regret it because the jobs are shit and I'll probably end up working for the military industrial complex unless I get lucky and land a startup job.

Experiment. Try drugs (like LSD, shrooms, weed) before you get drugtested for them. Try new things, go to the gym, take up a hobby, etc.

To reiterate, don't be a retard and neglect your studies. College is honestly not that hard, it's all about just putting in the right amount of work, but college is expensive. Don't listen to cucks telling you HAVE to sit at the front and attend each class, that's brainlet advice. Just keep up with the course and learn the material effectively and you'll be fine. Office hours are usually good if you're stuck unless brainlets show up and waste your time.

Don't join honor societies. Waste of time. Frats and spirit groups are for normies. Don't live in the dorms, I guarantee they are worse than renting an apartment, and MUH FRESHMAN EXPERIENCE is a retarded meme.

that's all from me desu, if you have any questions i'll answer em