Just shave your beard bro. Girls love the cleancut look!

>Just shave your beard bro. Girls love the cleancut look!
I get these stupid fucking razor burns if I wet shave more than 2 days in a row (less severe, but I know if I kept shaving everyday they would easily get this bad), and electric razors just give me a stubble.

Attached: painful-razor-burned-face.jpg (600x400, 27K)

Are you shaving with the grain with a sharp razor?

A good quality razor makes all the difference. Maybe look into oldschool razors with razor blades, they are simple and sharp.

Last time I shaved it was against the grain, but never again. I got a bunch of microcuts all over my face along with the bumps.
Also, you may be right, maybe my blades are getting dull.

Do you put a warm wet towel on your face before shaving?
Is the blade at the right angle?
Do you stretch the skin with your other hand while shaving?
Do you use cream/oil/butter?

Man, blades shouldn't last more than a week and a half if you're shaving daily, let alone woth throwaway razors, use those 3-4 times then dispose of them.

Wash your face first with a lot of soap and leave the soap there before you apply your cream.

I was taught none of this. I was told just put on shaving cream, and go down with the razor.
Also, my beard is fucked. One side goes back towards the ear, and the other goes straight down.

Shave when you get out the shower, use shaving oil and a safety razor. Afterward use a bit of hydrocortisone, but don't use it every day, try to limit to only once or twice a week.

>Everything I've been taught about shaving was a lie (read: complete oversimplification to the point where I'm doing multiple things wrong).

Attached: JUST.jpg (600x600, 33K)

I don't use soap on my face. I had horrific acne from 15-17, and got on accutane. Only 18 now, so I'm scared it's gonna come back, so I'd rather not upset the oil balances with soaps.

>grain of facial hair goes in every which direction
>going with grain leaves a fuckhuge amount of shadow and stubble

After about 3-4 passes and with good technique, I can get it to a good length with no problem, but is there something wrong with me?

Have shampoo that doesn't irritate your skin?

>I was told just put on shaving cream, and go down with the razor.
no wonder, jesus. soak your face in warm water, soak the blade in warm or hot water, cream on, pull skin taut and shave. doing it while in the shower works for me, and I can even go against the grain and don't get any razor burns.

Attached: 1562560347342.jpg (600x662, 38K)

I used an electric razor and it leave a tiny bit of stubble. It doesn't look like a neckbeard and it doesn't get irritated by the razor even if I do it completely dry.

Alright, here's a quick shaving tutorial.

1. Shaving works best after your face has been warmed woth water. (Wet towel worls but I personally do it after getting out of the shower)
2. It's better to use tube/bowl shaving cream than spray cream, and you need to make sure it's not too watery (else your blade will have a layer of water between it and the skin) or too solid (it won't get in the little crevices or whatnot)
3. Apply cream in all directions, preferably with a brush (those aren't expensive and are worth it), but hands are okay as well.
4. Put razor in steaming hot water
5. Take razor out, shake a little.
6. Go with short direct strokes rather than long smooth strokes.
7. Make sure blade always is at a 30 deg angle with your skin
8. Make sure your razor isn't full of hair, dip it in water every few strokes so blade is clear
9. Don't stretch the skin, best way to get cuts (unless you're working on the jaw)
10. Once you're done, wash with warm wet towel, but press the towel against your face, don't wipe!!

Don't shave, just trim your glorious neckbeard.

Attached: IMG_20190727_213705.jpg (1456x2592, 839K)

>Warm water-shaving foam-shave with the grain-cold water to rinse off erthing-AFTERSHAVE

Change your blade every single day. It's the only thing that helped me.

clean shaven is kind of a meme. just get a beard trimmer and trim your shit down to a 1 or a .5. most of the time some stubble looks better anway

>women love the clean cut look
Literally false. Just don't have a neck beard

Buy a single or dual blade razor. Multi blade razors actually worsen this

yea that clean cut shit is just some 1950s meme. most women love that fuckboy stubble look.

Change your razor blades often. Wash your face with hot water beforehand and apply your cream/soap lather to your face while it's wet. Shave with the grain, re-apply lather, shave perpendicular to the grain, rinse with cold water, pat dry and apply aftershave. You can do a third pass against the grain, but only with a new razor, save that for weddings, funerals, hot dates, etc. Two passes is plenty.

This is the basics, I found shaving soap&brush gives me better results than foam. Also try filling a jar with hot water an rinse your razor in that instead of just running it under the tap, it leaves a little bit of soap on the razor and it glides easier. Also be sure you rinse your razor after every stroke, and make short strokes.

I shave in the shower with no shaving cream. Skin burns a bit when I sweat right after but otherwise good.

I'll try this tomorrow after my shower. Maybe I'm a retard, but I make a huge mess when I shave to the point where I kinda need to shower or I'll have shaving cream all over me.
Here, I made an OC Shaving Apu for you.

Attached: shaveapu.jpg (778x512, 99K)

shaving cream is just to lube the blade vs your skin, you don't really need that much of it at all
the movies where they fluff up their face is just a meme

Your dad used to be the one who taught you how to shave, and his dad before him, and his dad and so on. Learning second-hand, and having no one to correct your mistakes leads to a continued trajectory of bad decisions compounding on misinformation. Many such cases!

My dad's dad abandoned him at 5 years old, so I guess that's why he seems so detached as a father.

maybe instead of shaving cream, try shaving butter. it doesnt foam up but its better for your skin, it works the same way, and this stuff smells better than any cream ive ever used

Attached: 71OuBrLvIYL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1491, 80K)

Are you using shaving cream and a good quality razor (like a safety razor) with a fresh blade?

I'm a lazy fuck so I just take it down with beard clippers no guard and leave a stubble. Shows off that I grow a full beard but doesn't make me look like a s o y b o y or a neckbeard

A proper shave is one of the few self-pampering luxuries a man is afforded. Getting your own rhythm down and your own technique is a great feeling, and like most things for men, it's been honed and refined to be as economical as possible on your wallet. Ditch those overpriced Gillette custom polymer grip tacticool 17x edge hyper razors (retailing for the low low price of five payments of $39.99 oy vey buy now goy!). Unless you're rocking a thick coarse neckbeard, or you're black and your facial hair is very curly, all you need is a cheap $5 safety razor and a pack of disposable blades.

Attached: 61hFUGbKLpL._SX522_.jpg (522x522, 22K)

more guys should do this tbqh. unless your job requires you to be clean shaven i dont see the point. girls like the stubble

>Girls love the cleancut look!
no they dont
unless you have the jawline of zacefron, grow a beard you dipshit

What if I have a jawline similar to pic related?

Attached: m.jpg (2320x3088, 1.07M)

Honestly I hate shaving. I take a Razer across my face in the shower and I'm done. The lube strip thing on them works fine no cream. I guess if you have more facial hair it would be satisfying and fun to see it cleaned off. Watching videos of a pro are great

Me too user. Grain is all over and leaves spots. Trying to get the right angle and fix the spots ends up shaving over skin and getting cuts.
Done all that. Tried multiple products for cream and aftershave. I gets swollen red follicles and cuts no matter what I do. One pass, two pass, three or four. Disposable razors, safety razors, straight razor at the fucking barbershop from a professional.

I gave up on shaving and even trimming it down because I also have weird symmetrical spots next to my chin and above my lips that are constantly shedding skin and regrowing. When I shave, it reveals the spots. If I try to shed the flakes off, it leaves obvious red blotches on my face that are unnatural. Pic related.

Attached: kill me.png (400x400, 12K)

Nigga just shave everywhere but those trouble spots. Go full Klingon with your facial hair you pussy.

Attached: qaplas-behind-u.jpg (880x660, 131K)

I never thought of that, huh. Would I just shave the middle of the mustache (basically the opposite of the Charlie Chaplin/Hitler)? I would look pretty fucking silly in public but my hair is long so maybe I could go Klingon-mode.

Do it user. Do it for Kahless.

Attached: iv2kov04qym21.jpg (1073x589, 77K)

fucking idiots just get a beard trimmer and maintain a stubble beard

It's fucking perfect. The top of my hair is thinning too so I'll go bald eventually just like the Klingons look. How would I go about "precision" shaving the center of the upper lip? If it shaves too much to the left or right, it reveals the flake growth. Should I stretch my nose upwards and lightly go over the hair right below the septum?

1. shower
2. put conditioner on beard
3. put shaving cream on beard or whatever
4. use a new razor.