God fucking damn it why the hell would i play this
what was i thinking fuck
every time i think i'm getting better i play a retarded move like this

Attached: whyyyyy.jpg (835x833, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1G-WysWLYZk
lichess.org/2Lt1vbsf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

slow down, user! when you see a good move, look for a better one! :)

i was playing slowly (i had 2 minutes to white's 11)
i just suck when i'm low on time even in winning positions

Did you not take the rook out of retardation or what?

I'm black, in the picture i just blundered the rook

Chess is less about intelligence and more about knowing all the pro opening moves/counters. I basically followed a few of Fischer's openers and mid-game plays and got to 2300.

i feel you, i'm slow as fuck and i'm always in time pressure. experience + tactics puzzles help with this, but as long as you're human you'll blunder sometimes.

what's your rating? how long have you been playing?

it's ok that you've never played chess, user! no one thinks any less of you! :)

play the Caro-Kann, it's truly based.

what are you using to play

>what's your rating? how long have you been playing?
right now (for longish time controls) i'm in the mid 1400s on lichess and in the 1200s on chess.com. I've known the rules for about a year, but i've only been trying to seriously improve for a couple months.

not bad for that amount of time! don't get discouraged, just because you make mistakes sometimes doesn't mean you're not improving!

Disprove it. The intelligence in chess is memorizing all the openings and counter moves. Watch any pro match and they will use one of the known openers. And then the other person will use a counter such as the Traxler counter. You don't see "random" chess moves. It's all written down basically like a math formula. You just have to know what problem you are facing and which equations you will use to win.

what is it with people who know nothing about chess talking like they're experts?

i can't tell if he's trolling or he's mad he lost to scholar's mates a few too many times :(

Nigger I've been playing chess since I was 9 years old because my step-dad has been big into chess since he was a kid. I live in PA but go to New York a lot because I'm right on the border. I've played most of the chess hustlers near central park over the years. They all basically just use high elo blitz techniques that you can learn from any chess book in less than an hour. Yet they still make hundreds every day playing people like you who try to "think 10 moves ahead and calculate every single move." The fact that a bunch of 90 IQ jew yorkers are making bank with chess is all you need to know about if chess truly is an "intelligence battle of minds" game or a simple "memorize these moves and you will have a positive win rate."

>he keeps trying to act like he knows anything about chess

>I'm black,
Oh, don't worry. We can tell.

youtube.com/watch?v=1G-WysWLYZk
Also if you have ever watched this channel, they are around 2450 elo and still lose to 1800 chess hustlers. Because they try to calculate every move and think ahead. Meanwhile the hustler knows all the common "chess.com" strategies and knows how to counter it using blitz techniques.

>want to play over the board
>too shy to go to tournaments or the local chess club

If he takes the rook can't you just Qc1+ and take it back?

nvm, his queen

Did you misclick your rook 1 square too short? or did you legitimately think putting the rook in that position was going to be a decent move?

Let me guess, you moved your rook to that spot so you can move your queen to take out the pawn putting the king into check in the following move?

>those light squares
user, pro-tip: if you have those light sq weaknesses, don't exchange your light sq bishop

Attached: light square.png (835x833, 161K)

What can he do to exploit them though (assuming i don't just give him my rook like in the position). I also have two pawns and an exchange for it, which seems like okay compensation.

In that specific game it's fine because white is clearly losing. I mean generally speaking, dark&light sq weaknesses are something even pros sometimes can't manage properly.

Anyone want a game? I'm around 2000

Anons, while you're here, what's the best place to play chess online? Any recommendations? I know the rules and played a bit in the past but never online. Considering getting into it.

Attached: 1563426403700.jpg (640x640, 79K)

Chess.com and lichess are the two most popular sites. Chess.com has the larger playerbase (and swiss tournaments) and tons of premium content, but lichess has an infinitely better ui / design / everything else.

don't worry c4 you'll improve someday

You were already down a bishop.
Trading rooks was the last of your concerns.

lichess.org/2Lt1vbsf

notice that white is also missing a piece

I assume the last move was Rxb2, and that there was a rook on b2, because that's the only way black's last move makes sense.

> I also have two pawns and an exchange for it, which seems like okay compensation.

Rxb2 takes a pawn and goes from an extremely winning position to losing.

Thank you user. I'll check out lichess. Any other tips for a beginner in online chess?

Attached: 1563203299142.jpg (1000x800, 81K)

Do tactics puzzles (lichess has these. Another good site is chesstempo ) and learn opening priciples. Also learn basic endgame play (again lichess has introductions and practice for this). You should play longer time controls too if you want to improve, although they have a smaller player base, so it might take a while to find a game.