American born and raised curry boy with a korean gf. Ask me anything or for advice nonwhite bros

American born and raised curry boy with a korean gf. Ask me anything or for advice nonwhite bros

Attached: 1528239482524.png (492x500, 347K)

>
why do you smell so bad? [][]111

How do you accept your own existance
Proabably easier if both your parents are the same race as you

t. mutt

I personally don't smell bad - I take showers daily and use deodorant, but I don't even think I smell much as is.
In general I think American born brown boys and indians from india have different ideas on hygiene, but the brown diaspora has to deal with the stereotypes all the same

congrats user! how did you guys meet and how long have you been dating?

What do you mean? What's so bad about my existence?

I meant mine

We met up through friends (I'm in math - physics and she's in EECS). After talking for a bit, we found out we not only have a lot in common, but that we have great chemistry. We've been dating for 2 years now. We were took each other's virginity, which was nice.
I personally find fulfillment through solving problems and through the experiences I have with my core friend group. My parents are the same race, but they came from two very different backgrounds. Honestly, accepting your own existence comes down to at least allowing yourself to feel like you have potential to make some good happen.

what is your yearly salary

>I have with my core friend group
>My parents are the same race
>parents
>s
ah that explains it, you actually have friends and a loving family.

Grad student in math/phys, so I'm on stipend. It's not a lot.

>Grad student in math/phys
What kind of job can you even get with this. Grad? What kind of degree

>you actually have friends
Yeah. I didn't just receive them in the "normie starter package" - they've been my friends for years, and we've had our ups and downs.
>loving family
my parents divorced over a bitter 3 year period

>What kind of job can you even get with this
The PhD is for a research career. You can get industry, national lab, or university research work, but depending on your papers and focus, you can do financial sector stuff (many quants have PhD's in CS, math, phys, etc.) and other fields. It really just comes down to how you spend your time.
Again, it's a PhD

How much does it pay? PHD? How old are you?

>How much does it pay?
Depends, but in research you're probably not making much until later in your career. 50k starting in academia, but the tradeoff is that you get to investigate what you want. Eventually you even out to about 130k-170k on the tenure track, but you won't get there if you don't like doing work without much monetary reward. Industry labs pay a lot better, but you get a loss in freedom. Overall, it just comes down to how much you want to give up for your career to be interesting
>PHD? How old are you?
Yes. I'm 26.

Can't you get fired easily? Seems like a risky career. I mean your employers will want results. Unless the experience actually means something but in most fields it means shit when it correlates to pay.

>Can't you get fired easily?
Why would you get fired?
>Seems like a risky career.
Research is an inherently risky endeavor, but it's rewarding because you're always questioning the current state of affairs and pushing things forward.
> I mean your employers will want results. Unless the experience actually means something but in most fields it means shit when it correlates to pay.
You're always gonna make some progress, but people expect research to be over a long period of time. It really takes time to get the ball rolling. But by the end of an investigation, you find novel things that make it all worth it

>>Why would you get fired?
I always figured corporate comes in and needs to save the company money. Goes for the people who gets the least results first. Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way. Being a researcher to me means whoever is paying you wants results. And if you don't provide them, they will have to cut you off for the next ideal candidate. But maybe they are more tolerant with researchers as they know they can't expect anything over a long time.

If you're in academia, then you're paid already by the university for what is understood to be a long term investment. You already do some teaching.
If you're in an industry lab, usually your tasks are mapped out to you, so there's less "risk" when it comes to investigation. That being said, it's still more volatile than engineering implementation. All in all though, as long as you have your bearings straight, you should be fine. If you got through your quals, PhD, and a few postdocs, then you have develpoed the gall and creativity to produce novel research

>you need a PHD to get a Korean girl

fuck that shit.

>>you need a PHD to get a Korean girl
Where did I ever imply this

Also, I'm laughing at you if you think I'm doing academic research for some nonexistent status symbol among asian women.

you still have to be well educated. all the guys with quality Asian girls are well educated and have college degrees.

I mean probably, education is valued in asian countries (mine parents' one included). Why would any girl want to date an uneducated dude? What would you bring to the table with a lack of degree or education? Undergrad isn't very hard

No one cares poo.

How do both ya'll's parents feel about the relationship? Also is she korean korean or korean american?

>No one cares poo.
This was uncalled for. Sounds like somebody is salty?
>How do both ya'll's parents feel about the relationship? Also is she korean korean or korean american?
My parents are fine with it funnily enough. My mom was all for it, but my dad took some convincing. Other way around for her family: dad really likes me, but her mom is still wary of me.

Here's a picture of me and my korean gf as prove. Anything is possible my non white bro's.

Attached: IMG_20190802_031027.jpg (1148x1702, 202K)

u are ugly bhai...

does she speak Korean? do you speak an Indian language

okay Mr. PHD who is going to make over 60 figures. money is totally not important in this relationship.

>uneducated
Depends, educated just means knowledge obtained through the offical school system

If one person reasearches a topic on their own and is knowledgeable on it but hasnt been to school they are still classed as uneducated
alternatively someone could go to school and remember none of it, they have still been educated

Knowledge is important, education is secondary
But where you are right is most people with knowledge are educated, but not all and not everyone who is educated has knowledge

Whats more important is if you are knowledgable

no one cares how "knowledgeable" you are you coping poorfag

Enjoy your debt
Enjoy being a slave to the banks

This is not me lol
I wouldn't doxx myself with a selfie let alone tell you what university I study at

>60 figures
nobody makes 60 decimals of money. A PhD does not give you money lol. Regardless, idk who that user posted. I don't have a beard.
I speak a good amount of it, and yes I speak bengali. My gf and I have fun speaking each other's tongues from time to time
Education carries with it certificated prestige. I agree that in the end, being knowledgeable matters more (well not even, being experienced does since intelligence and insight is a function of exposure, research, and pattern recognition), but these things are institutionalized through schooling. You will never find an academic apprenticeship program anywhere like a PhD outside of university, and because of that selectiveness and competitive nature, people see it as impressive.
I admit that it makes little to no money for a long time though, so you have to really be in it if you like it.

Also, pic related iewjfijw origigiginal

Attached: not me.png (1504x881, 67K)

To be fair, academia also puts you into debt

>To be fair, academia also puts you into debt
That was my point
I was laughing at that user for becoming a debt slave for his banker overlords

but you will still be wagecucking and not do a job with any of the things you are "knowledgeable" about

Not exactly though. I had minimal debt coming out of undergad and grad is paid off by stipend for me.
It feels good to have only ~$5000 in school debt

lol what a nigger

Eh I'm sure most people here feel that to some degree

Im also a black and indian man with a Korean gf. Guess who came by to visit? What's your excuse now white robots? I thought us dark skinned minorities had no chance with asians. Just had sex with her right btw. Reminder it's your fault you can't get a GF.

Attached: IMG_20190810_164732.jpg (1024x768, 90K)