Try reading book

>Try reading book
>Have to reread every paragraph twice to feel like I've fully comprehended it
Fuck why am I so dumb

Attached: literally me.jpg (900x900, 83K)

>flip to the next page
>instantly forget what was on the page before

Attached: 56205053_423304334905658_5540379461037326336_n_423304331572325.jpg (710x500, 49K)

>finish tv show
>feel sense of satisfaction. Still think about the characters days later
>finish novel
>feel nothing

Attached: 5c00c41891342d1dfc96320e6a45ec3a8371cfd4c7d97e4c6df7665a28f887eb.png (1334x750, 932K)

>Take twice as long to read as other people
>Watch YouTube videos at 2x speed and understand it fine

Being a slow reader is nothing to be ashamed of, at least youre making the attempt to read

This is normal if you're only just getting into reading. Modern media is very flashy and we have shorter attention spans. Just read every day or so and push through it. eventually you'll be fine.
keep in mind sometimes it's best just to put the book down. know when you're getting distracted because you're not used to it and when you're just too stressed or your mind won't settle. also DON'T persevere with books you don't like. you're not going to benefit from a book you can't appreciate. put it down, pick up something else, and come back to it later.
bookfags will tell you to keep going but it will take you a month to read a book that would normally take you a week because you're hating every second of it.

You aren't dumb user, it's better for you to reread it and actually understand what the fuck is going on than to just mindlessly flip through pages like a history textbook. Love yourself.

Me but watching anime and trying to read the subs.

Are you reading fiction or non-fiction? I suggest you take notes when reading non-fiction (except for biographies). As for fiction, you just get more used to reading the more you read.

Ya I go through this too. I like to actually understand things rather than just get a passing grade, you know what I mean? But I'm not an avid reader. I asked for help and rather than being told that it's normal to have to go back and reread things if you're a noob, Dr. Shekelberg gave me a prescription to ADHD medicine after a

Nonfiction.

Are you reading while tired? I had this problem when studying for certs.

>Have therapist for a few years
>One day she hands me a book and tells me to read a paragraph
>After done reading she tells me to tell her what I read
>Can't remember a single thing
>Despite this have college level reading scores

Attached: 1565336951739.jpg (184x184, 14K)

Seconding this. Taking notes is really helpful.
If you can bear it, I'd recommend taking up marginalia. Especially for fiction, having all your thoiughts penned down in the sides of the pages makes you more engaged and more critical upon your first reading, helps retention of information, makes the book more enjoyable (in my opinion) for second readings, and also makes the book feel more like your property.

Are you a cumbrain? Try to not fap so much. You'll see the results immediately.

>person starts talking
>hear beginning and the rest gets garbled
>ask to repeat
>same thing happens
>ask again
>STILL lose focus
>they become visibly annoyed
>act like I understood

when something is interesting, i understand it just by reading once

when something is boring, i can't focus on it for shit

maybe try reading something interesting OP

i stopped fapping for a month and it made it harder to focus on reading for me. it was like torture. there were no benefits at all

brain fog is hell

Attached: 1544177201743.jpg (225x225, 8K)

I feel like this happens to me whenever I have to talk to a stranger lol. They probably think I'm just as strange as I think they are

The brainlets ITT are so sad.
A mix of retardness, low attention span and an habit to be used to be passively gratified made you like this.

When I open a book, I don't simply read the words, I'm in the world, viewing each character.

I still remember and think about characters from books I've read ten years ago.
I hate series though. Being railroaded into the view of the producer frustrate me.

>When I open a book, I don't simply read the words, I'm in the world, viewing each character.
It's hard to make fun of you for trying to sound smart and above other people when it's so blatantly obvious that you're underage.

>speed read and only bother to remember the highlights of stories
fight me

Placebo bullshit
try LSD, drugs actually do things

Same situation with me desu, I'm pretty sure I have attention deifict disorder. I have the attention span of a sparrow, part of the reason I had trouble studying