Dad gets a raise

>dad gets a raise
>makes well over $400k now
>he somehow doesn't despise me
how do I break the news that I'd like him to support my comfy neet lifestyle? Can an experienced neet guide me through this process? Thanks.

Attached: just a little though.jpg (929x1024, 73K)

Do stuff for him. work around the house, manage finances at home etc so you can take over when he gets old or whatever

Just feed him nonsense about how well you're doing.
>that's right, dad, I'm really excelling in uni right now, top of my class
>gonna go study for driver's ed now, dad, gonna get that license very soon
Mine is too busy to ever question anything I tell him anyway. But I'd most likely get supported anyway, because it's rather well-known how hopeless I am, so I don't know.

Attached: 𐌰.png (475x575, 319K)

Get out and never come back you spoiled shit. You deserve a bullet to the head. Unless you're poor you do not belong here.

meanwhile my parents live in a world of delusion thinking I will somehow magically get better from my mental illness and my life will turn out great. I am 35 fucking years old and had been in mental health treatment for 20 damn years before quitting last year. Its not going to get better.

I have had long and serious conversations about the hopelessness of my situation but its in one ear and out the other. I guess they will get it when they finally see that I offed myself though. I don't think they can sweep that under the rug.

I laugh every time I read my own story get posted like this.... Who else /been failing constantly for quite a while now/ here? I'm an alright lad, I think, I'm just fucking helpless at everything desu.

mate, I live on rice and beans in a shitty apartment. He's rich, I'm not. That's the way it's always been. I will say that there's always been a floor I can't fall through though.

Attached: smugposter strikes again.png (419x383, 141K)

Your father was making 100k+ and you were living like someone on welfare? What?

I had an... abnormal childhood. I meant I "am" living like that though, not that I lived like that while I was a kid. I think people have an odd view on how wealthy families actually live though.

Attached: anon, I'm worried.png (540x582, 297K)

>I will say that there's always been a floor I can't fall through though.
be careful with that. trusting my parents was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made in my life. They fucked me over once due to ignorance mostly so I forgave them. Over about a decade we repaired our relationship and I thought they learned their lesson and they made it seem like they did. Then they pulled the rug out again and fucked me again, The exact same fucking betrayal all over again. I learned an important lesson to never trust people when it comes to the very core and essence of your life.

Never trust them user don't make the mistake that just because you get along well and don't have a toxic family that they will not throw you under the bus.

>don't have a toxic family...
this shit's a fucking dumpster fire, user. Everything that could blow up already has though. I'd be completely fine if I were "cut off," though. I have 0 standards.

Attached: heh, I'm in yer coffee, anon.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Never had a christmas, never had new clothing or shoes. Was tormented for my lack of funds my entire life ontop of my physical deformities (i.e. ugly looks) to the point that I was essentially driven out of schooling and forced into neethood into my 30s in absolute poverty struggling to maintain any semblance of human life. K your turn.

A lot of parents have this idea of giving their sons the bare minimum to tough em up or motivate them. Mine are like that too, not 100k/yr rich but well off enough to own multiple houses and brand new mid range cars. Bet OPs dad could get him a comfy job anytime he wanted, but he won't because "you gotta work for your stuff" or something like that.

>He's rich, I'm not.
aaaaaahhhhhhhhh why does this hit so hard in the feels?

>trusting my parents was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made in my life.
>The exact same fucking betrayal all over again. I learned an important lesson to never trust people when it comes to the very core and essence of your life.
Holy shit this too, glad someone knows this feel. Just when you think you can count on them they pull the plug on a whim because fucking reasons. How old are you matey? This important lesson came a bit late in my life, not late enough to give up hope thankfully.

Ok good to know. Just don't want to see a fellow robot go down the path I did.

>worst he's got is that his family didn't really have money when he was a kid
ok. Bpd mom, dad who was raised in a cult, suicidal and bipolar older brother... On and on we go. Panic attacks started at 8 years old, and everything sorta just got worse and worse. I was absolutely terrified to ask them to buy anything for me anyway. It would just add another source of endless conflict. I don't even know why I'm writing this to (you). I just want to know how to become the comfy neet of my dreams, user.

Attached: Did I hear that right.png (400x400, 159K)

I am 36 and the lesson was learned at 34 so it came late as fuck. Things were going good until then on that front at least. Was still struggling with my mental health issues but they made it seem like I had time to take my time with it.

Jokes on them though I am working on getting myself out. I would say due to being so broken my options are not that great but I plan to leave and I am not telling them where I am going they can fuck off. But hey its a win either way. I leave and fucking make it to a certain degree or I leave and fail and kill myself which will end my suffering and negatively effect them as well. Fuckers actually think I am going to take care of them in their old age after betraying me like that. Have fun in the nursing home folks revenge is a dish best served cold.

Only bad thing is my dad has cancer and is undergoing treatment he has about a 85% chance of making it though. I cant have him die on me because they he won't be alive to suffer so I don't want that.

family what a fucking joke of a concept but hey in the end abandoning it all and realizing it was always a joke and we may as well be strangers is kind of liberating in a way.

Personally anyone on the planet would take anything over being poor, but you wouldn't understand that. Anyways, if we're going in depth, lets. Abusive parents, physically, mentally, everything. Father is a bpd schtizo psycho who was abused by his father and forced into manual labor at such an early age (by his father) that he was forced out of schooling to support his father's alcohol addiction. He took to working on the seas to get away from his family and came back out of his mind. Non-stop yelling. I'm not joking. I'd wake up to his screams, I'd go to school in terror, I'd hide my head in my arms at school as the students tore me apart for my ugliness and clear as day anxiety issues. My mother was possibly cheating on him and she was also pretty much fucking out of her mind. She took out her anger from him on me and my brother. My brother too attempted, I refused to take that route as I told myself if I ever get there I'll kill people instead. Dropped out of school and went full blown hikki neet for 10 years. Agoraphobia took hold. I didn't leave the apartment for 10 years. Having to leave it only because I had to get surgery done and then back to hikki again for a handful of years. Never had any friends, never had any meaningful human interaction really. Don't know any of my relatives as they all hate my parents. In my 30s and never driven a car, never been on a plane, never lived in a house. The mental and health disorders I have are a fun added bonus from the hell I've seen. My body is in an absolute state of decay at this point. I have more physical dysfunctions than I'd dare disclose even on an anonymous board.. But of all my suffrage, poverty is the worst thing I've ever known in my life. It caused everything.

>You will never be the heir to some massive corporation where you never have to get a job and can just live off daddys money all your life
>You will never have a bunch of friends who clearly just like you because you're rich
>You'll never go to some big private school and be popular just because of who your dad is
>Your dad will never die and you just sell all your shares in the company and live off that money

>A lot of parents have this idea of giving their sons the bare minimum to tough em up or motivate them. Mine are like that too, not 100k/yr rich but well off enough to own multiple houses and brand new mid range cars. Bet OPs dad could get him a comfy job anytime he wanted, but he won't because "you gotta work for your stuff" or something like that.
So much onions flowing through this post

do you at least enjoy r9k?
I figure if I ever fuck up my life completely this will, sadly, be one of the last few things that will keep me sane

I would literally be happy just living in a middle class 700 square foot condo in a city I like working an IT job I like for no more than 30 hours a fucking week. Having enough money to eat out from time to time buy a new car every 8 years and occasionally travel to japan and other places that catch my fancy every 2 to 3 years. yet a small dream like this is so ridiculously hard to achieve especially for a mentally ill robot that one cannot help but come to the conclusion that life is a complete fucking joke.

Suck his dick opee

I'm not in any of those scenarios, but:
>tfw favorite grandchild of grandparents with millions of dollars
>tfw I'm inheriting 90% of it one day, probably within the next decade
>tfw I actually have a decent job that I don't hate so life right now isn't too bad but I will be able to live a very luxurious NEET life once I get the inheritance

Attached: bitchin.jpg (349x336, 16K)

>34
Ouch, really pushing the limits there bud but you can still make it if you give it all. Once you go through that kind of experience and see their true nature, as well as the future that awaits you your mind shifts focus to making dosh and getting the hell away from that life at any cost. True toxic families are no meme. Godspeed user, you can make it.

>family what a fucking joke of a concept but hey in the end abandoning it all and realizing it was always a joke and we may as well be strangers is kind of liberating in a way.
Preach it bro, they reap what they sow.

I'm the same. Whenever people talk about winning the lottery I always say I'd just use mine to live a normal comfortable life but be fine knowing its guaranteed. Thats fine for me.

Everyone else talks about buying a mansion or travelling the world or five star hotels and flashy cars and for me, if I won the lottery I'd just get a one bedroom apartment somewhere, obviously somewhere nice but it doesn't need to be a huge apartment, then just live my life how I do now without having to worry about bills or if I can afford stuff.

yeah like I said my odds are piss poor at this point but I got nothing else but suicide anyway so may as well have at it. Even getting out it will be a rough life I sure as fuck won't be living in a good neighborhood for awhile but its still better than here. This place is a complete dead end its like living in a world that already died.

either way I would rather get shot in the hood having my own space than live with my parents in this shitty house and dead family.

dude i am sorry. i am almost in the same place i am 34 and coming to grips with the reality that i will never be able to function normally. all i could do was try to show my parents i was at least trying. im med compliant, im in therapy, i got a job, i leave the house, i socialize but yet i am still failing and about to be fired from my job. I figured the only way they would really understand was to see me busting my ass trying as hard as i could and still being incapable. i think they still hold out hope.

yeah that hope is most likely a simple coping mechanism on their part. If they lose it they may have to acknowledge they are failures and what not so its in their best interest to live the lie. Its like retreating into a comforting dream and lots of people do it for important shit in their lives. (not just for fun or escapism) I am not that sort of person though I stare right into the darkness's depths to try and understand it so I can either fight it or join it.

Look, working for yourself goes beyond living a comfy, cushy life. If you want to do something that matters to you and you're motivated to do, you need to work your own way up, not rely on nepotism that you earned solely through birthright. Be your own man, that's self actualization. In the end, forming your identity around consuming things and not giving back to the world is not going to satisfy you when you're on your deathbed, when you realize your legacy would be no different if you were invisible to the rest of the earth. There are the spoiled and complacent whom live out lives with expensive pleasures and live vicariously through lives of others but immediately once stripped of those things in every day life, they are lost, they are not them, just husks of human flesh, no better than livestock for ennui. We're all presumably better than that; only mental frailty stands in the way of that.

r9k is the only socializing I get, but I despite it profusely most of the time.