Therapist says Jow Forums is bad for me

>therapist says Jow Forums is bad for me
>says reddit is better and more supportive and gives me list of subreddits to browse
>(subreddits on depression, anxiety, motivation, etc.)
>notice everyone really is more friendly and helpful
>notice how everyone gets a reply and is listened to
>try to make some threads
>mfw I get 0 replies, only a few downvotes

Can redditors just sense that I'm not one of them or what? I wasn't trying to troll or start shit.

Attached: 1434478495223.jpg (648x595, 51K)

Your therapist isn't wrong.

Reddit is about conformity more than attention seeking so the strategies are different.

Le reddit is fake af, it's basically like real life - people just fake sympathy and political correctness, it's full of lies

Jow Forums is genuine

Are you serious? Those subs are literally the worst thing you could possibly read, they are literally just wallowing in their illness not trying to get better. Its just terrible for you.

>everyone gets a reply
To jus b urself?
And then everyone just says "wow, that worked" and then they're not depressed anymore.

They're not wrong. It feels bad when you dont get replies but dont let it bother you and try again. I know r9k is slowly fucking my mind but im addicted

Reddit is shit. Its good for looking at pictures, but fuck the community. Atleast on Jow Forums people might shitpost but when someone tries to be nice/offer support you know they are being genuine as its anonymous.

>Jow Forums
>genuine
haha nice one user

It took you time to learn Jow Forums-speak, even if you don't remember. But that sort of speak does not really apply to places outside Jow Forums and people will suspect you of trolling.
Don't give up, browse the reddits and learn their "language". Might take a while but it is a good training.

therapist wouldn't say reddit is better because group therapy is done in person and support happens with friends so she'd force you to make friends or go to social events.

if a therapist allows you to use the internet for social media when you have depression or anxiety, she actually wants you to kill yourself.

The irony of saying this on r9k ORIGINALLY

She is not wrong.
Instead of posting on Reddit, try to just lurk and absorb as much info as possible.

This

Leddit "people" are faking sympathy to get brownie points, everybody is under constant peer pressure

It's the worst place to seek help

100% this, people on reddit will say anything to appear nice while people on Jow Forums will say what they really really thing

outside of the trolling, people here are usually alot more truthful. even the trolling has some truth to it.

Won't take you long to realize that reddit is a thousand times worse than Jow Forums, just masked behind a PC exterior. Some of the reddit cliches fucking physically hurt your brain.
>A: *literally anything*
>B: HURR DURR >YES
>C: Jow Forumsinclusiveor
> -Edit: tHanKs fOr tHe GoLd kInD sTrAnGeR!!
> -Edit 2: RIP INBOX LOL
Also know that ALL of these support subs about depression, anxiety, relationships etc are literal SJW echo chambers and use a blacklist system, which will automatically ban you from all of them if you ever post or comment in any subreddit they don't like, such as the ones about gamergate, Trump, incels, obvious non-leftist satire subs, etc.

Attached: 1563147514221.png (436x438, 163K)

If you want to post on Reddit remember to do it at a certain time. If you don't post at a peak time in America you will die in new.

r/eddit is way more rude and offensive than 4chen! i been there few times and they always mean and i am banned from every single subredit that i don't hate wtf

The memes are the best there, but Reddit sometimes can be the worst place to ask for advice, especially in a serious topic like yours. People there don't want to write their true opinion, at least not when they don't want to get downvoted.
Also I just can't understand why the fuck are you even paying your therapist when they just send you to Reddit instead of giving advice themselves (which is their job eventually)

Attached: reddit.jpg (971x546, 56K)

>the real world is full of fakes, I'm the only real person
You couldn't be more roastie if you tried.

My younger brother stopped using reddit and his cancer went into remission

Attached: E96EA8A2-1CD8-429E-A941-A1AAB8F632AD.jpg (464x271, 121K)