Why dont you start playing an instrument?

why don't you start playing an instrument user?
>be me
>start playing guitar recently
>play guitar instead of doing useless shit like gaming now
>building an actual skill
>very fun to do
>happier and more energetic
this is a way better spending of time

Attached: e3mm8yq9cot01.jpg (750x921, 70K)

I spent a shit ton of money and two years on fucking clarinet lessons just to get close to a girl who plays clarinet at my work. Then I find out she is fucking some greasy looking faggot Italian guy and I've never touched an instrument since.

>thinks I have the limbs and body parts capable of playing instruments.

fucking jerk.

Attached: 1565360369051s.jpg (125x123, 3K)

you're not supposed to do it for that user
harmonica :^)

I've actually done the same user, I picked up my bass to give me something to do last week, and it's been fun. Time to start a band? Only obstacle is I lost my fucking pick yesterday.

>an actual skill
Yeah sure, playing 7 nation army for the millionth time sure is useful.
I'm pretty sure the only use for it is impressing beckies and parties, where you are quickly ignored for being annoying by everyone else.
Go work out; at least it improves your health.

i love the bass user, good instrument 8/10
i swear to god picks just teleport to an alternate dimension as soon as you're not looking

im buying a bass next week and my pals and i are going to start a band when we become proficient enough at our instruments
itll be fun

>implying i dont play because i like
>implying you work out
>implying playing an instrument isn't very beneficial to your health
you are very cynical user

let's put it this way, if I had the discipline and work ethic to learn an instrument I'd be too busy doing all kinds of other cool shit. if you enjoy it absolutely stay on it my dude

Glad someone's noticed this. I swear, I just put it down beside me on my bed, and the fucker's made a bid for freedom. Now I can't relearn how to play Song 2 really fast until I get a new one.

Attached: 1557523657841.png (1127x685, 37K)

>picked up my guitar after a while of not playing it
>just play around with some riffs
>couldn't have been longer than 10 minutes of just trying to stay in key while fucking around
>feel a whole lot better
It's like i've been depriving myself of the things i enjoyed doing, because of some unknown reason, can't quite figure out what it is though.

Should've been a brass chad

>play drums
>crash cymbal starting to get thrashed
>mid tom completely dull
>can only play snare with it turned off
>lost the tuner
>hi hat wont open/close
>bottom hi hat turned inside out from infinite thrashing
>ride cymbal constantly hitting wall because of small room
i have no money to fix it so it will do i guess

you should play bass with no picks, look up how to do it, it's cooler looking, you'll look 10 times cooler and feel a thousand times cooler than that.
if not, just buy picks in bulk, pretty much every where you turn in my bedroom there's a pick.

Might try dust off my guitar skills soon been in a couple of not even bands have recordings of some of our original music not bad as far as grungey shitty rock goes.

speed is difficult desu, miserlou is a nightmare
exactly, it makes you feel better

I'm doing some of that too. It's been a good two years since I've played and even then I learned only about two songs in full, so slow going. Pic related is my lonely amp, he's small and slightly broken but tries his best.

Attached: IMG_20190811_163213.jpg (2975x2973, 1.85M)

Every now and then, I get into a groove where I start practicing guitar every day but after a week or so I start to feel like, why the fuck am I doing this? There are plenty of guitarists, and plenty better than me. What do I have to add? Nothing. So then I don't play guitar for months, years.

i play keyboard but the one I got to start is digital and the keys arent weighted, any suggestions for a cheap weighted keyboard?

>it's another "play an instrument" thread but all the posters play guitar or bass
milquetoast tbqhwyf
Idk I play on a YPT 230

Attached: CDD4ABA2-000F-47D7-B4AD-708C7CB0B15C.jpg (425x425, 15K)

Is my drumset too big?

Attached: ass.jpg (4032x3024, 1.63M)

>started playing guitar as a teen
>really enjoy it
>notice that I'm not really getting better with time
>realise that I'm just not talented at composing either
>end up just kind of giving up on it
I still pick my guitar up now an then, but it jsut kind of makes me depressed now. It's not fun to do something your entire life and still be terrible at it.

What's the best way to learn piano? I bought a keyboard and a begginers book but I'm not really learning.

Should I pay for lessons? Is there any software that works well? My keyboard hooks up to my pc.

i learned by ear, for tricky stuff you can't figure out or issues with fingering there are loads of youtube channels

learn songs that you like, from video games or just songs you like. Back in high school, the guitar teacher there would tell us that we had to always be working on a song, either making one or learning one whilst also doing our assignments and stuff. So i guess while you learn the stuff on the books you should also be trying to learn a song that you like, either by ear or with tabs or by watching someone play a cover on youtube, pausing and copying what their hands are doing. eventually you'll start to get the hang of it.

Can I talk with the cool guitar kids? I play eupho and trombone

Attached: Kumiko2.jpg (448x600, 57K)

I knew how to play violin. I was really good at it and girls who play it are qt.

Attached: 1565526814660.jpg (639x541, 40K)

I have been playing instruments for 13 years and i still am not able to figure out anything beyond basics.

Bass seems really popular here. Even i have one.

Attached: E29D0851-62F6-4BA5-AA90-0F82573A74A2.jpg (1630x2048, 948K)

I've been playing bass for close to a year now. Whenever I feel sad or stressed I love to play Orion or The Outlaw Torn by Metallica
Of course, all instruments are important

how does playing bass even work? wouldnt there be a very limited amount of things you can do with it? especially by yourself?

>Be me
>Have back problem cuz 6"3 and fucking lazy
>Some old woman says that rowing is good for the back
>whatever
>Look more into it
>It actualy look cool
>Start doing it
>Its plenty of fun
>Very physicaly intense
>Make some good friends
Great all around activity, if you feel like you are alone making a niche sport is usualy interesting , you have smth to talk about and hell , you are actualy doing some sports for a change.

there's some crazy bass shit out there, look it up, try bass virtuoso and look through what the different ones do. pretty much all instruments have a handful especially now a days with how available the resources to learn an instrument are.

>play guitar instead of doing useless shit like gaming now
I've been playing guitar for 12 years and piano for 15 and I still play games. If games are something you enjoyed doing but gave it up in order to play guitar then you're retarded.

Attached: 1470777997650.png (712x715, 536K)

Guitar is not an instrument

Bass can be nuts. Check out Anesthesia by Metallica.

Based self improvement bro.

because i got a midi keyboard a year ago and i can only play one fucking song. piano music is ok but i like post-hardcore and post-punk which doesnt translate to piano at all lmao