Is driving worth it?

Im a 21 year old neet trying to self improve... but God this drivers ed shit is tedious.

Attached: 41D76909-9B45-4558-9202-85B7A66D3F12.png (1280x720, 858K)

If you live in America outside of NYC it's pretty much required to own a car to get around so yes. I remember when I was like 10 I was so excited to get my drivers license in the future but when I turned 16 (the year you could start working on your permit in my state) I couldn't give a fuck and didn't end up getting it 19 because I was NEET and couldn't be assed to read the book they want you to read but it's not really that bad.

I don't have a license either but i really want to get one, don't want to rely on people to get me places.

>this drivers ed shit is tedious.
it is but it grants you freedom
I've driven through the Alps and all sorts of places, it's honestly one of the best things in life

Attached: The Grand Tour S02E03 Bah humbug-atti.mkv_snapshot_00.55.11_[2019.08.11_17.30.05].png (1280x720, 1.94M)

stop stealing my name faggot

iirc after a certain age you don't have to do the drivers ed

Depends on where you live to be honest
I live in small city and public transportation is nonexistent so I had to go through drivers ed (which is a major waste of time)
If you live in a big city/in a country where public transportation is realiable, you could roll with that but you'll have to deal with the crowds

where i work in the uk, out of 10 people ages 30+, only 2 can drive.
all of them besides me are married and/or with kids

just have your parents drive you around. if you really want to drive do on closed course drift race. driving every day is for pleb

Got my lincense the last year.
Kinda suck, I work one block from my home, and neet so i don't use to socialize either.
Gas is a hell of expensive and you need to glean the car every two weeks at least.
Plus the insurance and the year revision.
Too expensive for just a liberty.

massive cope and sad fag

Depends on your individual situation, can you get around without a car? You don't need one, otherwise you do. Having a drivers license has some sort of societal status associated with it but to be really fair, if you don't need it you don't. Can help you get a job tho. I wouldn't do it for self improvement under any circumstances btw, there are better things to do.

>namefag
lol good one

driving is too scary desu

My parents drive me around, doesn't feel good man, i feel like a man child.

there was a guy in my driver's ed class who was 26 and his girlfriend was teaching him how to drive.

>deflection
typical for a pathetic fag that can't even drive and has to ask mummy for a lift to go to the animu shop

Attached: 1501726621488.jpg (650x452, 32K)

kinda cute desu. id teach my bf to drive if i had one

>non driver
>gf
well there you go OP, I guess it's officially not worth it

jealous because I am NEET king

>because I am NEET king
I am a NEET with my own cool old car, get rekt

and no chauffeur sad

>chauffeur
the chauffeur is your mum like when you were 5yo bro

Worth it for wagies. Not for NEETs.

Get a bicycle. Live within 1 mile of a store / fast food area. That's my plan.
Err is there some reason this is a bad idea?

Yes. I'm 27 an I just got it

THE CHILD IS GROWN
THE DREAM IS GONE

Original quote

well if you're a neet you have strictly limited choices about where to live, possibly down to no choice at all, so your plan might not work out for you.

if you do have a choice I for one would want to choose to live somewhere where neighbors and other people in general are as far away from me as is feasible. There's basically no way to avoid sharing walls with people in a city, and even in the suburbs things are pretty crowded, so that pretty much leaves places where you have to drive.

Getting a license isn't that bad, at least in the Land of the Free and Home of the Whopper. You get through driver's ed, which isn't that complicated (they're basically just trying to teach you to not be a jackass on the roads, with a mixed success rate), you pass a road test, and then that's pretty much it in most places. I had to get a new license because I moved to a different state last year, but they didn't give me another road test or anything, I just filled in some paperwork and surrendered my old license. It's valid for ten full years. It's my understanding that Euros are much more keen to give you tests and exams and in general find any excuse to deny you, in the US they're much more keen on letting you through.

I didn't get my license until 22 because I didn't give a fuck/was too lazy to get it at a normal age. My life is a million times better now that I can drive. People really start to judge you if you're in your 20s and still no license.

Tone, ill never pass a drug test

Vehicles are super expensive, annoying and dangerous. To get the license in the first place IS a social nightmare. No one is saying it is complicated. It's still a nightmare.
The "cmon its not that bad, driving is fun" mindset is only from perpetually optimistic boomers.
When not trying to convince you to drive, they complain non stop about road rage, getting cut off, construction, mechanical issues, so on.
Reminder that any moment on the road the guy in the opposite lane can instantly veer into you and kill you painfully.

I have a license, and where I use it its pretty comfy. Dirt roads with no traffic, small traffic in town.
Two lane crowded roads with assload of incoming traffic at night, driving in bad visual conditions, busy highway above 100 kph with tons of trucks, crowded large cities where you get honked for 1 second delay and there is absolutely no room for error - that is when driving sucks ass.
Also the upkeep of a car is not feasible without a stable income.

i'm sorry i have a hard time taking this seriously from someone who can't even give a lift to his date or bring home an object from wherever

or go anywhere after a certain hour at all

Driving is absolutely dreadful unless going really fast.

well note that I only claimed that getting or license isn't that bad, not that driving is fun. Driving isn't much fun, especially since most people drive like maniacs. though it do assert that driving is useful.

>give a lift to his date
ffs Yes if you're a normalfag wagie outside the city you have no choice. In a vacuum we could be on the same page tho. It sucks. I'm a neet I rather not.
It is bad when you think about it. You only say it's not complicated. You also leave out the whole part of learning in the first place.

>Yes if you're a normalfag wagie outside the city you have no choice. In a vacuum we could be on the same page tho. It sucks. I'm a neet I rather not.
I don't what you're saying, these are facts
what if i.e. your mom is really sick and the ambulance can't come?
what if you have to get away from home?
what if u decide for wahtever reason to get away with your belongings?

the ability to move fast and far on your own, and move objects and people is clearly superior to the inability to

then u can cope about costs, and effort, and whatnot but it's like arguing the ability to fly "is not worth it". It totally is

Attached: 17798903_1865786153634510_1267096351925337572_n.jpg (640x598, 45K)

>tfw third worlder
>tfw just had to pay my license fee and was ready to drive
>never took drivers ed besides dad teaching me to shift gears in a manual tranny car
Been commuting daily to uni for 3 years. Never had an accident and other drivers are surprisingly competent despite not being forced to take any exam.

If you're 18 it's much simpler than if you're a 16 year old to acquire a license. Just go to the dmv, get their pamphlet and road rules thing that are free, go back, take a written test, then you get your permit thing which allows you to take the test at any time with a qualified driving assessor. bring it in, pay for your license, done.

Now owning and acquiring a car is fucking expensive unless you know how to do the work yourself, and even then there's insurance, maintanenece, gas, buying it in the first place, new tags, plates, all that shit. owning a car sucks, driving sucks, everything about it sucks but unfortunately i'm in a rural hell so it's basically a life requirement that I have self transport otherwise i'd just carry shit on my back.

Drivers Ed is a meme, people drive around like they walk around in a high school hall. Dodging, weaving, getting to where they need how they need.

Get comfortable with road signs and your right of way and you'll be fine. I think one of the largest questions asked is left at a green light. But ask me what is intimidating and I'll see if I can simplify the worry.

Overall after about a month of consistent driving (usually daily driving for work) you more than pickup on what is socially acceptable (and maybe not but people don't give a fuck) when driving.

you can cut down on the expense considerably if you buy a car based on what's cheap to run and maintain, instead of what looks good or is fun to drive.

"b-b-but what about these bizarre hypotheticals"
You serious bro

>it's like arguing the ability to fly "is not worth it"
My first comment literally said driving is worth it for wagies. I guess this is off track?
I'm a neet. I'd rather not. That's all.
And yes flying is also not worth it. I never have and can't imagine ever needing to.
No one ever has a positive airplane story.

>bizarre hypotheticals
they are not bizarre hypotethicals, it's just you're literally too delusional and fat to imagine ever needing them

fact is you are literally stuck in your fatfuck hikki room and you will never change it, your rotting corpse being eaten by bugs

this all out of sheer pride in your brainlet IQ of approx 85

Attached: DsJhxPHVAAACayV.jpg (275x183, 8K)

Question, is it because the public transportation system there is good? And you can comfortably get by without it there?

Yes it is bizarre if ambulances suddenly do not exist
Well there comes the true point of your posts, just insults. K go die in a car crash normalfag. I don't care.

t.brainlet who is unable to perform basic tasks and will let his mum die out of sheer autism