Jow Forums sucks and keep getting worse...

Jow Forums sucks and keep getting worse. What do you guys think about if there was an imageboard that had the same overall format, and still had anonymous posting, but required a password and name to get in, and was invite only? To prevent reddiniggers, twitterfags, and other filth from settling in.

Attached: Apu fort.jpg (800x599, 148K)

Would be as dead as the DC servers, this place relies on its free access

would probably get shut down by glowniggers within 2 weeks

would be dead probably

>this place relies on its free access
yeah, but it's also what kills it.
What if it started open access, and then when it had a large enough userbase it closed off, and then only did periodic openings from time to time?

Please share your thoughts, robros, there has to be a way to defeat the normalfaggots that infest this place.

>going on a failed normie imageboard
>complaining about them
If you want to cleanse this place you need to kill them, not just saying "muh board"

>you need to kill them
Oh yeah, because that's totally something I can do. Fucking retard. This WAS our board, you fucking faggot. They're the invaders.

>complaining about redditfags
>proposing a solution very similar to how reddit works
Create a subreddit OP, it's the same, names, anonymity, password, invite only. You can do all of this

>reddit
>anonymous
Are you pretending to be retarded, or are you actually retarded?

It might not be possible, people come here from twitter reddit and instagram becuase they think that they can find funny retarded quality content, either you have to make the board so shit that there's no point or you have to deal with it. They're like tourists who ruin a previously good place.

Its not snap or insta, your real name isn't tied to your account

>having 2 out of ten points on "recognising irony"
There is no way to make them leave, like thotbots, braindead trans etc. Just accept the fact that if you want to find that sweet sweet content you have to search between the larpers, normies and even Jow Forumstards threads. Is it really worth for you?

>Adjective: having no outstanding, individual, or unusual features; unremarkable or impersonal.
You still have a username. I'm Anonymous. You're Anonymous. Everyone else in this thread, most posters in most threads, are Anonymous. That's all I know them as, that's all I will ever know them as. I have no biases for or against you, or anyone else coming in to any thread, because there is nothing permanent to attach to any identity, since there is no identity. Made up names have the same effect as regular names. They establish an identity to a person, and that allows one to stick biases to those identities. It's why people ahte namefags, tripfags, and avatarfags here. Here, there is no past, only the now. I can't click on your name and look through every single post you've ever made, or see what others boards you browse, to use against you or anyone else. There's also no upvotes, or downvotes, or "gold" or whatever. That's an essential part of the experience. Not to mention that the established userbases are entirely different already. More and more, you can see posters that are immediately recognizable as being outsiders that have no regard for this place's culture, and make no effort to hide it either.
>There is no way to make them leave
Which is why I want to make someplace new, someplace to escape to. Read the OP, dumbass.

Blame mods and jannies that allowed trannies and normans to infest the place. Need that traffic to pay the bills no questions asked.

>Blame mods and jannies
I'm well aware, but I'm powerless to change that. That's why I am considering making a new place, where the mods are committed to keeping what this place was, or should have been.

There are other imageboards that actually have decent moderation and some that ban on sight if you sprout non-board related things. Most actual robots left to these places years ago

Hey anons, what was the last text you got from a woman that isn't a relative of yours?
Here's mine:
>i'm getting home in an hour, i'm super drunk, can u take crae of me tonight daddy?

Idk man, Jow Forums already is one hell of a filterbubble. If it'd be invite only only a certain group of people would gain access, people who socialize in certain groups. If you want a filter go to Facebook or Jow Forums. The cool thing about Jow Forums is is I can run in to whoever. Close access and its only right wing incel larpers who will make sure that only their shitty "content" survives

>There are other imageboards that actually have decent moderation and some that ban on sight if you sprout non-board related things.
Which ones? I've been to a few, and they're all very slow. I get that thinking mine wouldn't be is unrealistic, but a man can hope.

You'll have to find them yourself. Quite a few people know some of them already and they aren't too difficult to find but I'm not making it any easier for the normans here. Only downside is they don't have anything close to the traffic 4ch has

Oh, they're probably the ones I know already then. Problem is they're too slow. No real easy way to fix that, but it is a problem. It's hard to discuss anything or have any conversations on most of them.

I bounce between about 5-6 different ones because of the low traffic but you at least have decent threads and posts and mods that actually enforce board rules

I think what you're supposed to do, at a certain point, is stop using imageboards 16 hours a day. This other website is actually really nice being slow and all. You can keep the threads up in a separate window, do something with your day like watch movies or anime or play a game or paint or whatever then come back to check the threads. I am moving on, slowly, from fast threads and old style memery and trying to keep up with internet zeitgeists. I just want to have meaningful, unfiltered discussions with like-minded individuals. Some small amounts of what is regarded is shitposting is okay in the right contexts but it just isn't amusing anymore and isn't too different from tranny fag shit and underage sad threads ruining this board.

It would end up getting filled with the worst scum. The same people that went to reddit to tell everyone about Jow Forums would be the only people going around giving other people access to the site.

>is stop using imageboards 16 hours a day.
I don't. I do watch anime, I do go biking, I do other stuff. But that's the thing, I have to do them alone. I post threads on other imageboards and I can't discuss things. Like "What do you guys think about today's episode of ____?". By the time I get 5 replies the next episode has already aired, and I never got to discuss anything with anyone. I'm not asking for /v/ tier speed, I hate that too, but /po/ tier speed is useless and depressing. This place is seriously the only place I have to interact with people, and I've become so used to the people here, that I can't relate with outsiders anymore. I'm trapped here, but the place is flooding and I'm going to drown. I don't want to learn how to swim.

You are cancer that killed this website.

Hmm, I could see that as a problem then. But I don't think you can create a website aiming for a particular posting speed and style. It's asking too much. It might be high quality posts but slow as mud; could be full of shitposts but moving fast. There are so many gradients in between and the one you want isn't likely to be manufactured artificially. Maybe I'm wrong. It's worth trying if you know web development stuff. I'm a brainlet and have no clue about server shit. Good luck user and please ditch usernames. You have to remain anonymous or you end up with a fame-farming system where older posters get all the attention and newfags will post insincere content to get ahead. No one will be genuine and you end up creating reddit or some web 2.0 forum.

No point creating one from scratch, there are great imageboards that tried the same but literally have 1.0 posts a day, yours will be the same. Best option is to go to established ones that tick most of your boxes and contribute to it there.

>I could see that as a problem then
I still use Jow Forums for /a/ and honestly still like it overall, but Jow Forums was where I interacted with people in a more general way. Now I can't do that.
>But I don't think you can create a website aiming for a particular posting speed and style. It's asking too much.
Yeah, I know. Speed is entirely determined by userbase size, and quality is a mix of userbase, and moderation. Obviously, the moderation here on Jow Forums has absolutely no regard for quality, or at least has very very low standards for quality, but a moderation for a new chan would have better standards. The idea of making it invite only was to prevent allowing just anyone from twitter, ifunny, reddit, tumblr, wherever from just coming in and pushing their shit. Now while it prevents negative growth, it also limits positive growth, which is definitely a downside.
>please ditch usernames.
The idea I proposed just used the name for entering, not for posting. Everyone would show up as Anonymous, same as here, and there would be no past post logs or anything. Same format as here, just with a barrier on entry.The reason it's a password and name, instead of just a password, is to prevent people from just giving away the password and letting in anyone anyway. Now I'm still hesitant about it, which is why I asked for thoughts.
I already contribute to the ones I know of. There's very little growth though, so things remain difficult.

Well if you have the Web dev knowhow I would say go for it anyway, because why not. My webdev skills are pretty garbage so I can't help on that front

by posting gore, of course.
sends the redditards back screaming

It doesn't work, and the mods actively stop us from doing that. Evey thing else has failed.