/shut in/

/shut in/
Thread for shut ins to discuss hermit life and also NEET's.
>taking any steps to improve yourself?
I personally am seeing psychologist the next available appt on the 30th
>do you enjoy the lifestyle
nah it is shit desu, young kids listen do not become NEET or shut in hikki whatever

Attached: 1534534283254.jpg (1680x1050, 112K)

>taking any steps to improve yourself?
not really i am happy with what i am

>do you enjoy the lifestyle
hell yeah
wish it could last forever but eventually i'll have to work in order to survive

I'd become a hermit if I didn't have to worry about money.

I NEETed after I dropped out of uni while I waited for them to decide on whether I could continue studying. I failed.

It wasn't a good time.

I've been a shut-in for 10 years, neet for 2 of those years. to any younger people here do not follow my path, it only holds misery.

>seeing a psychologist
>improving yourself

lmao, also why would anyone willingly choose the wagie life over being a neet?

>young kids listen do not become NEET or shut in hikki whatever
I'm 20 I'll do whatever I want, mom. Nah, the last 3 months were too horrible already, so much, that I actually had to go see a psychologist for the first time, even though I had depression and social anxiety disorder for 5 years now.

>nah it is shit desu, young kids listen do not become NEET or shut in hikki whatever
agreed, but there is nothing i can do about it

Delusion.
Normies themselves can't wait for the day they retire so they don't have to work anymore.

After nine years, I still can't decide if I hate the lifestyle or not.

I think at this point I'm mostly numb to it and find it comfortable because it doesn't push any boundaries. There are bad days where I would give anything to be doing something with my life. And there are also rare days where I do go out and do something productive and all I want is to crawl back in to my hole. If I'm still living this way in two years when I hit 30, I think I'll just give up and resign myself to being a hermit.

But I also don't think I'd recommend this lifestyle to anyone at all.

>been a fulltime neet over the past year
>keep getting memed being a neet is bad ill hate my life and be depressed or whatever
>dont feel depressed in the slightest and having a pretty good time and dont want it to end

do some people just have an innate mentality to hate their lives if they dont spend it slaving away or something?

>I'd become a hermit if I didn't have to worry about money.
big mistake
>I've been a shut-in for 10 years, neet for 2 of those years. to any younger people here do not follow my path, it only holds misery.
we try to tell the kids but they have no idea

>why would anyone willingly choose the wagie life over being a neet?
I had purpose back then
>>dont feel depressed in the slightest and having a pretty good time and dont want it to end
lucky you user...NEETlife as non mentally ill person would be good

Depends on how you're living. In my case, it's alone, so that obviously takes a toll over time. I imagine it's a lot easier for the neets living in mom's basement or some shit.

I admire you guys. Whenever I don't get out of the house for more than 3 days I start to lose my mind.

Ditto for not talking to other people 1-1 for more than 5 days.

NEET life is awesome when you get out of the house and spend your days having fun and hanging out.

Most people here don't know how to socialize outside of work or school, so the NEET lifestyle takes a toll on their mental health.

I've seen people do nothing for years and have the time of their life, although most of them -not all- end up crashing down, alone, as most people need goals and adults shunn them when they become more career oriented. They ended up befriending kids much younger than them or taking on the worst jobs like cashiers in bottom of the barrel stores.

I quit my job about 3 weeks ago. I've barely left the house since then. I'm a fucking mess. Too depressed to do anything. I feel utterly hopeless, playing mindless video games all day to distract myself from the existential dread building up in my head. My sleep cycle is completely fucked as well. Today I went to sleep at 10am and woke up at 7pm. Soon i'll have to find a job or else I won't be able to pay my house bills. Only my mother has talked to me all this time, she still thinks I still have a job. I'm so tired of it all. Something has to change soon because I can't keep on like this. End blog.

Attached: 1400653115645.jpg (709x704, 89K)

>I admire you guys. Whenever I don't get out of the house for more than 3 days I start to lose my mind.
went 2 years lel...
fuck it is depressing
>, playing mindless video games all day to distract myself from the existential dread
yeah this cope dries up and every other cope well does as well

I really love being a NEET because it means I can spend as much time inside my own head as I want. Its much better in there than outside.

Time to open up and get help. If not from your family then from a therapist.

The sooner you get out of the hole, the easier it'll be.

mine is watching TV. Very dangerous as you can jump from program to program, genre to genre when you get bored.

Get help. I've been surfing the border to NEET and shut-in my whole life. Never fell down the canyon, always managed to cling to the ledge.
But atm I also experience a bad patch and I know without the people supporting me irl I could have ended up losing all, breaking apart and worst case becoming homeless just because everything is too much. Slipped into a depression one year ago, didn't notice because I was so busy with work. Now depression blossomed and I am at my breaking point.
Got an appointment for tomorrow 10am to apply for psychological help. Yay.

this is all you ever discuss, this and your mental health and what a failure you are. haven't you started to bore yourself yet? you've definitely bored everyone else.

at least it's better than all the frog and wojak spam

>Never liked leaving the house in my entire life, so have no problem being a shut-in
>Actually have goals that I would like to persue but can't because working drains my motivation
I would love to be a shut-in NEET if I didn't have to worry about money. I'm stuck being a wagecuck and it feels like I never have the time I need. I've had opportunities pop up recently that might get me off this path, but I can only hope.

>this is all you ever discuss, this and your mental health and what a failure you are. haven't you started to bore yourself yet? you've definitely bored everyone else.

im just shit posting while I figure out what to do.
I made a thread to try encourage other shut ins to improve and discuss with each other.

kinda stressed at the moment.

I think most people come to this board to open up when they are about to hit rock bottom.

Nah, will make you depressed. People are wired to feel depressed when they have no connection to the world. Existential crisis and shit.

You are doing fine, OP. People need to talk about this. And I am proud of you for having the stregth to get the psychologist appointment.

being a hikikomori isn't as bad as people make it sound. if you can surround yourself with things that you love like books, art, learning new things then its a pretty fulfilling lifestyle.

Attached: 1564431579631.jpg (1200x1000, 604K)

Ive been a neet for 2 years and only barely get out of the house just to buy food maybe like once a week yet im not depressed or feel any desire to stop being a neet, i dont get this meme where no social contact will make you crazy or depressed

>You are doing fine, OP. People need to talk about this. And I am proud of you for having the stregth to get the psychologist appointment.
thanks man, now I do not bathe in my own misery it is like an endlesss battle to fight these negative thoughts and I am learning not to give into the negative thought loops.
>positive music
>tell myself everything is fine while I cry
I think everyone should try..

we all deserve to be happy, and who we were is not who we are.
We are the only one holding ourselves back

Truth.
Try meditation btw and emotion monitoring. Helps to clear the fog of sadness. Meditation is basically just focusing on breathing. Makes all the negative background noise in the head stop while allowing for clear thoughts. Doesn't help everybody, but helped me.

Anyone complaining is just a failed normalfag or a coping wagie who needs a master telling them what to do, neet life is amazing

that's u right now homo, you think neet life is amazing because virgins on a basket weaving forum told you so.

Cuck.

Attached: image.jpg (601x508, 31K)

hmmm, i dunno about that one chief

No?
I became neet by own means before even knowing about this shit forum. Dropped out of high school because I couldn't keep up with this awful normie schedule of having responsibilities.
Been doing this for 7 years already and I don't want to stop, it makes me sad to think that one day it will have to end.
Not everybody is built with the normie mindset.

Depends I guess. If people feel happy, all is good. There have been hermits throughout history, dedicating them to art, religion or philosophy or science. But it should be done by choice, not because you are forced into it by your insecurities and fears of leaving the house.
And as soon as you are unhappy, change things.

bruh the entire thread is faggots like you going "wow look how sad i am having all the free time in the world im so depressed i wish i was a wagie at work right now"

But this is how it is. People feel depressed if they are drifting in a void. You cannot cherish free time when all you have is free time. Need the contrast to cherish it.

I managed to get welfare now without seeing any further appointments of anything much.
I regularly go outsides to buy groceries, ride my bike and a bit of mountain hiking.
Is it a good life? I don't know, but compared to your typical wageslave, it is.
Good thing I am not a neurotypical and somewhat shizoid. I detest the presence of other humans.

same, my parents let me live with them so ive got almost no expenses plus i built up a big ass savings account after wagekeking for a bit that will last me an entire lifetime, it basically feels like im rich i can buy whatever i want and dont have to worry about rent or whatever

I tried to "improve" myself but it was useless, i ended up with friendships that are annoying and a waste of time because people though that was the best for me. Psychologist are jews, there is no point on going to one if you don't have a serious mental illness.
NEET HIKKI IS LIFE.

Attached: Himouto! Umaru-chan - 01 - Large 29.jpg (1280x1300, 502K)

just because youre a brainlet who needs a master to guide you doesnt mean everyone is like you

im waiting for the heat to fuck off before i start job hunting. i cant stand sweating. i have a 3 year gap on my resume so i dont know why i fucking bother trying. its not worth traveling to 5 minute interviews just to get rejected. i am in no rush to waste time when i could just play video games all day

being neet is the best, normalshits shouldnt have a say in this matter

"b-b-but my self worth is based on how much money Mr. Shekelstein gives me! how else am i supposed to enjoy life!?"

Attached: 1564454772940.png (376x552, 215K)

I need to feel needed. And useful. Gives me purpose.

been neet 4 years and i dont care about having friends. i dont care about talking about the latest nigger song with normos. dont care about hearing about how great marijuana is for the billionth time. however i do wish i had money for anime merch and video games. seriously $60 is a lot when youre unemployed

Finally putting myself out there and am starting a trial week for a job soon. I'm tired of being a huge fucking pussy NEET.

im this guy just do what i did and wagekek for a year or two and save it all up, its amazing how long that money lasts and what you can buy with it when you have no expenses

thanks user, i have been just trying to fight them to break them but letting it flow through me might work as well.
I am much better now.

kek
>NEET HIKKI IS LIFE.
*hell
well goodl uck
>Finally putting myself out there and am starting a trial week for a job soon. I'm tired of being a huge fucking pussy NEET.
congrats

NEET for 6 years here. I don't really enjoy it but that's more of the anhedonia and no matter what, being a NEET is better than the alternative. I'm not a NEET because "fuck wagies" but because I just really don't want to be around people like that and it doesn't take very long before it feels overwhelming. The last time I had a job it only took a month before I started taking 1+ days off every two weeks and spending every night laying in bed completely dreading the next day.

Attached: __original_drawn_by_muloli__sample-6a2f01a46602cb8d3a1d5dbee3bbb863.jpg (850x554, 72K)

you are just fucking yourself over

just pirate video games how is this difficult

>purpose
there is no purpose to life user

get the fuck out of here wagie get back to work

If you don't enjoy NEET HIKKI life it's because you are boring, you have no hobbies or self worth, you need Chad McMoneymaker to give you some shekels to feel worth, you are miserable and will die doing nothing for yourself like all the wagecucks.

Attached: 1560792529435.jpg (400x779, 54K)

So I finished my thesis for my bachelor 4 weeks ago, handed it in, and have to get a grade bbefore friday to be able to do a master this year. Yet the fucking teacher is on holiday.
Wut do?

Attached: oh no no no.jpg (251x242, 10K)

Boredd? wwhy not check this cool server, full of hot lewds of females and traps!

discord gg/7e5ce36

I'm not as much of a shutin as I used to be thanks to having a job, college and a GF, but some days it's so fucking tempting to just stay inside unless I need food.

Maybe I'm just an irritable human but going out during the day just pisses me off due to other humans. People have zero fucking driving skill, spatial awareness at the store or general fucking courtesy. Going to the store at rush hour is an absolute nightmare. Combined with the shitty normie music and the load music, people's general obnoxiousness just becomes complete sensory overload for me and I need to escape. Maybe I'm autistic or something.

Apologies for the terrible grammar, I'm slightly drunk.

>So I finished my thesis for my bachelor 4 weeks ago, handed it in, and have to get a grade bbefore friday to be able to do a master this year. Yet the fucking teacher is on holiday.
>Wut do?
you rung the school up or what man???
maybe scan it and email it to professor hey??

>shitty normie music
this is honestly like so annoying man it is crap