How do I stop being obsessed with my gf...

How do I stop being obsessed with my gf? Weve been together for a year now and whenever Im not busy Im always thinking about her and what well do together.

Attached: 55C9E802-83AB-4799-8870-C67C6EFF92C8.jpg (1280x720, 241K)

That means you love her. Is it bad?

>Is it bad?
Not him but yes because that's how I lost mine. This shit leads to being too needy and it kills attraction.

Kind of, the problem is that I let it affect my mood too much. I get upset at small things like her not responding right away or her wanting to do stuff with her friends (which is pretty rare anyway). I know its wrong but I cant control it.
Im aware of it and hide it, but it still sucks inside

Why does being needy kill attraction? I wish I had a gf that was obsessed with me

>Why does being needy kill attraction?
The human mind isn't interested in something that's extremely easily to have. You think you want it but once you have it you lose all interest for it.

OP you need to work on yourself. Try to let her reach out to you first.

I know that feel. I recently started seeing a girl and were always making out when we meet and part but were not officially together yet. Problem is I extremely afraid of committing myself and then there being a chance of getting hurt and wanted to take things slowly without getting emotional attached but I'm already thinking about her most of the time and realise that it might be to late already despite it not being a real relationship yet.

OP you need hobbies and you need to do stuff with your friends. Clingy bfs or gfs are horrible. It is important that you stay your own person and not hyperfocus on your partner to give you fulfillment in life. That is unattractive because it puts so much pressure on your partner and is an impossible task.

Emotional commitment is not bad when you both progress in the same speed. Maybe try talking to her about how you feel. Else you might both end up "taking it slow" because both are afraid to be hurt or scare the other one away.
Tell her you would be inclined to commit, and how she is feeling about this.

I do have hobbies. I play guitar for hours a day, lift, watch movies, study, etc. Ive purposely ignored her for a day a few times and it always ended in her crying that I never text her.

i'm living proof that that's wrong

Hobbies is good, but also a full social life? Meet friends, do fun stuff. That way you can be a fun partner, which makes you attractive.

Alright I'll try that next time but she's away with her parents for about 3 weeks on vacation so I'm a bit on the fence on going for it or waiting until she's back.

Actually you are in a very good situation here. Nothing help making up someone's mind as much as "bein away" from them for a while.
If you see her again, tell her that you missed her. And ask her if she missed you. Her reaction (not her words though, everybody will say "yes" in such a situation) will tell you all you need to know. And if she indeed missed you like you missed her, it is a great opportunity to ask for the next step of emotional commitment.

I now this is not a bait thread but I wish it was.

Why does any of that matter? I have no problems socializing, I just prefer being alone or with her

Fucking virgin.
Get yourself a fucking hobby try new things and see which one peaks your interest more and stick with it. Focusing your entire self on somebody is depression fuel when they leave.

I know where you're coming from user and I'm very much the same.

The problem is that normies have this backwards "logic" that the less predictable something is, the more attractive it is.
So if you're with someone and they ask where you're going and you reply with only "out" or "I don't know" before leaving this is somehow attractive where as if you say that you're going grocery shopping or otherwise to perhaps surprise her later with a gift, this is the most unattractive thing you can do.

I don't understand it, I never will, I just know it's this messed up and it's a big part as to why I've been single my entire life.. I'm predictable and HATE vague people and secrets

You don't need to be unpredictable. Just do new stuff every once in a while. People want their partners to be intellectual challenges in a way.
Also, the degree to which people require this element of surprise is different from person to person. Find someone who's happy with a surprise trip every once in a while.

it only means that you are a very boring person

If I could see where the girl I'm with is 24/7, I would
If I could know her every thought, I'd want that
I'd demand complete access to every social platform, including phone at all times

In essence NO secrets and in return all I could offer her is exactly the same things listed above.

So there would be no "surprise trip" she'd know about it months in advance so we could plan it.

Is that clear enough as to why I'm single now? I genuinely hate secrets and vagueness with every cell of my body

I wish I knew how myself. Every single time I start dating someone I think about them obsessively.

Ok then I guess I'll wait 'till then.