/sg/ - Suicide General

Anyone else attempted suicide? My friend stopped me from jumping from an apartment complex two months ago. The fact that I don't have a family of my own and that I've been single for pretty much my whole life is just too much for me to handle.
Lately the suicide thoughts are creeping back up. I've set up a meeting for next month with a new therapist, but I'm not sure I'll make it till then in all honesty.
What is your story user?

Attached: 1493996658187.jpg (498x561, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/jumping-high-building
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>anyone else attempted suicide?
More like
>anyone else is an attention whore?

Attached: Buuuuuuuuu.jpg (500x500, 49K)

Not going too much into the details but I remember attempting. I had a shotgun, it was a 12 gauge, handed down from my grandfather after he passed. One night I was just tired and decided it was a good day to be done. I loaded it and pulled the trigger but the gun jammed. I just set it down and cried.

I don't think that's fair to say user - sure, a lot of times it's a "cry for help", but even that is a valuable insight into another persons mindset and it's issues.

Did it change the way you were thinking about life? How did your life change afterwards?

>sure, a lot of times it's a "cry for help"
Don't call it attempted suicide then.

Attached: 1565550655502.jpg (1280x720, 287K)

Attempted become an hero like half of year ago, mashed 2gm of chlorprotixen that was perscripted for my sleep and drank half of the bottle of vodka, instructions said that 4gm either killing you or makes you fall in coma, both was pretty suited for me, but i couldn't handle apathy and hopelesness and thought 2gm mashed in to powder with vodka should be enough, i left a note for my mother and after a short while i blacked out, she tried to call ambulance, but operator said that there's no available units atm, so she dragged me to her bed and i was unconcious whole night. At the midnight of the next day i woke up, she said i was cold as fuck and was even more pale than usual. After that my psychiatrist changed my meds for sleep and advised me to go to the mental hospital(for the third time) but i rejected it, so here i am, sit with you bois

Attached: 15655616736910.jpg (1000x1000, 230K)

Well said, it's an issue I also commonly see regarding self-harm, "they're just doing it for attention", often completely false and damaging to the individual, but even if it is correct, don't you think the fact that someone is mutilating themselves to be seen indicates an issue on its own?

Well I'm glad you're still here user

It did not really change how I felt about life. I just thought maybe I am not meant to kill myself. That short frame of time between the click and realization of it jamming was so peaceful though. This was four years ago and a lot has changed. Some for the better, some for the worse. I am able to find peace and happiness though, especially when I go camping or hiking. Before I never felt happy. Sorry if this feels like a rushed reply or is disorganized, I am a bit busy.

And how are you feeling now user? I hope you're doing a little better.
Don't worry about it friend, I appreciate you taking the time to respond at all, it means a lot coming from someone who also had these issues. I'm jealous about you being able to find peace and be happy, at least temporarily. Cherish these moments friend.

My attempt was actually stopped by my female friend who went through a very difficult past - she overdosed on pills multiple times, cut herself and almost bled out etc. Her words (and words of others who survived their attempts) mean a lot, because they come from heart and experience. I'm glad she stopped me, but I wish I could change my outlook permanently.

Still don't know how to feel about my attempt, i also asked my psychiatrist to change me antidepressant(for the third time), he perscripted me 20mg of fluoxetin at the morning, and have to admit, that shit is pretty good, after like month i've noticed that i feel myself constantly better, way easier to overcome apathy and feel of existential dread, so i naturally started to play vidya and draw again

Attached: 9SZc2qEYO30.jpg (1000x746, 124K)

Already said it, check this

I'm a bit scared of messing with my prescription drugs. About a year ago I found a drug which stopped my debilitating panic attacks almost completely, and even though it doesn't help with suicidal thoughts and general depression I'm scared of changing it. Even the panic attacks return it's going to be over for me.

What exactly depression do you have? It may be caused by anxiety or apathy, it's pretty important since there's a different antidepressants treating differents kind of depression, for example my main issue was constant exhaustion and apathy, so since fluoxetin mostly a stimulating drug it's naturally helped me, however, if you have anxiety problems antidepressants-stimulators will naturally increase your anxiety, as i remember mirtazapine is pretty good at dealing with it, however, you shouldn't really take anything without doc's advice/perscription, since you can totally fuck up your endocrine system or with a wrong high dose you can get a serotonin syndrome which is deadly

Why don't you just devote your life to carving wood or painting or something?

Already doing that m8, but depression stopped me from doing this for like year and half

Attached: фыфукфу.png (700x933, 620K)

I tried doing something similar to what you did like 10 years ago, and only 2 years ago I started taking anti depressants. I've tried 3 or 4 different ones so far and just stopped taking them a month ago thinking I was doing better which was a big mistake, shouldn't have stopped honestly.
I'm glad you're doing a bit better with your meds.

When people think suicidality has a cure, they're just flirting with the concept. When people recover from depression, they're walking on a tenuous wire that's liable to snap at the slightest misfortune. Depression can't be cured, only postponed and concealed.

Attached: Bl1o9ZEvJQ.png (1280x720, 536K)

Anxiety disorder and clinical depression. I'll talk to my doctor, but maybe he could add another drug on top of the one that I'm currently using for panic attacks? I'm really scared of stopping.

I placed 2 fentanyl patches on my chest, waited for like 7 hours, then i swallowed another patch ( read online that it could kill you ) then i downed half a bottle of vodka and passed out. Woke up 15 hours later and was high for almost 3 days

Attached: 1487479013399.jpg (250x242, 7K)

U had a cancel syndrome? If so then i can feel you dude, i remember when i was taking a high doses of venlafaxine and i ran out of it, my psychiatrist was on vacation and without his perscription you can't buy it in my country, holy shit i remember i had a breaking like a heroin junkie from it. Also antidepressants are pretty individual things, for example i was on brintellix when i was my second time in mental asylum, i barely felt it, but everyone is talking about how great that thing is, but now when i'm on fluoxetin i feel it way better than my last drug, and this is when everyone think that fluoxetin is outdated

I jumped off the third floor of an apartment catwalk when I was younger.

Permanently fucked one of my ankles that didn't heal entirely correctly, and my knees are generally weak after a day of work, or if i'm sick.

Attached: 1554862394923.png (1280x1024, 1.08M)

Already said that medicine is pretty individual thing some meds work better for one person while it would work worse on another, instead of adding new drugs on top of each other i think you should switch them from time to time to get those that works best for you, but i'm pretty sure you need a some sort of mildly or medium sedative antidepressants, and don't delay your visit to doctor, godspeed to you friend

Wow, I never heard of fentanyl patches. How is your mental state nowadays, and what do you think about your attempt?
I'm very sorry to hear that user. Are you doing better nowadays, or do you still have suicidal thoughts?
Thank you, I will try. Good luck to you as well.

Yeah I did twice, a few months ago and the past week, I don't even know what to do with myself right now. I kept messing with my doses and now not taking any is getting to me but iunno man.
They really are individual things, I know my friend takes the same ones I do and they help him, but didn't really help another friend.

Does anyone have that infographic guide to helium tanks?

How are you fucking up your doses? I mean, isn't that simple? Take one at the morning, one at sleep etc, or you forgetting about it and the at the next time you taking a double dose?

Dude come on it's pretty easy to google
>inb4 don't do it pwease

Attached: helium-wine-amazon-top-comment-home-improvement-cast.jpg (1024x657, 133K)

this doesnt work any more, most helium tanks now have oxygen in them too to prevent this. better off using another gas like nitrogen or something

thanks bro
now i just need to pay someone to set this up for me properly

Yeah I ended up forgetting to take them and then took more than I should, plus at times I took more on purpose because I'm stupid. Plus I have to take another pill with it in the morning and my head is a mess.

Also you should check this just to know more about ways out
lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/jumping-high-building

I think death is the ultimate comfy tiem, but I haven't had the urge to go out and try it since that attempt. It's just to damn hard. You have to really be in a extreme state of mind to make an attempt I suppose.

Otherwise the depression is still there. For the past couple years i've just gone with the idea that I will have to live and die with the way the way things are. It's not fair, but nothing in this shit awful universe has to be.

Attached: whw-anaf-pale-cocoon-v2-bd-720p7c80ae7a-mkv_snapshot_11-05_2016-08-12_04-38-30[1].jpg (848x477, 406K)

That's not good,u probably have a phone, place alarm clock with notification what you should do when the time comes up, there should be option to make it repeat itself everyday, take this seriously, meds won't work well on your psyche if there's no constant amount of drug in your blood

Yeah, I know I should take it seriously, I've just kinda lost all care for it and getting better, seeing as it never gets better no matter how hard I try

From just the fact that you managed to pull through another day with this burden you should praise yourself, you need to realise that you ill, depression becomes part of personality if it's not being treated, of course it's easier to cure it on early stages than when it's fully developed but even then there's is a way out of this, slowly, by small steps, there might things that you just miss. I know how it is man, i really wanted a cute gf, being sociale, work on normal job and be happy just like every normal human, i was following my psychiatrist instructions, was making myself to take walks every day at least for an hour, was trying to chat with people who i know more often than i usually do, but the harder i was trying, the more difficult was for me to overcome frustration that no matter what i do, i was falling apart. Depression makes your feels go numb, your primal goal should be to find a relieve somewhere, anywhere, vidya, anime, art, books, whatever suits you, but you need to look for it, and again, nobody expects from you dealing with your problems for a few days, small steps, if you start to take your meds regulary that would be already a one hell of a step out of the hole, i hope you get better user.

>le suicide general meme
Fuck you, would you? A suicide general? What a stupid bullshit. Nobody here is going to do it.

That means a lot man, my therapist said the same stuff, and trust me when I say I've been doing my best to work on getting better these couple of years. After getting out of a relationship that nearly killed me I just wanted to get better and find better people to be around, but it's so difficult to really open up and make let go of all the trust issues and everything, and it's hard when I don't really get enjoyment from things I used to love like gaming or drawing or anything.. But I guess I've got nothing to do other than keep trying.
Thank you for the kind words man, I honestly appreciate it, and I hope you'll get better and better yourself.

How old are you, OP?

ageblox

U reming me that i had a suicide attmept after romantic relationship that i completely fuck up, and don't overforce yourself, truth is always at the middle, you need to try, but don't rape yourself with it

why is harry potter commiting suicide bros

If things dont improve by 25 Im jumping in front of a train

In the US alone 130 people kill themselves every day. It's a real problem and warning signs (like talking about death or how the world would be better without you) are a real thing.

Relationships am I right.. But I do agree with you, I need to somehow calm down and take things in a different way, I guess

count needs to be higher. we got too many people

>only postponed and concealed.
True facts right here. "Temporary distractions" has been my way of describing any good feeling in the last 15 years. Anything that gets my mind off it only feels like a temporary distraction.