Im gonna post some paintings/drawings I made

Im gonna post some paintings/drawings I made

Feel free to tell me what u think of them

Attached: B5558ED1-2F08-4B40-8FD6-608A4691EA6A.jpg (2328x1535, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OiloUr3D8Qg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

jjjjjjjhhhhjjjhhhjh

Attached: 01F230AC-8CCE-40C7-8A93-438185DD95ED.jpg (2838x1536, 1.3M)

Tyytyyyyyt

Attached: A2AC6149-0A2F-40FA-AAF5-475ECB13341A.jpg (2234x1535, 1.27M)

bumppdjdjduud

Attached: 30DCF759-BA86-4FF1-B17E-B1D55DBB9E35.jpg (2048x1628, 1.05M)

Amazing, it's almost if you could see them depicting something from the thumbnails, but you can't quite cath it...beautiful anyways

Looks good op keep it up.

It's nice. You can see stuff when squinting. Very freestyle. I like it op, keep it up.

They look like absolute shit.

Agreed. I think the thumbnails are more interesting than the actual size image.

Modern art was a mistake

bumpppsjjshsu

reminds me of people burning in a fire

art in general was a mistake.

Love it, user. I would legitimately buy these especially Keep it up, dude.

>Art in general was a mist-
OP is a pretentious fuck, that's it.

Attached: Faust's_Dream,_by_Luis_Ricardo_Falero.jpg (1280x671, 104K)

what is this utter rubbish even supposed to be OP

theyre legitimately good, i like them
good work man
how is it pretentious? hes not pretending its something its not or acting like its some grand accomplishment. pretentious doesnt just mean "doesnt require technical skill." what a lazy criticism

Those aren't paintings, those are random blotches of paint on white paper. This whole style needs to die in hellfire. I don't mean to shit on your hopes and dreams but this is the equivalent to a twitch streamer violently shaking their camera throughout the stream. There is realistic to be made or had from these. Meanwhile:

youtube.com/watch?v=OiloUr3D8Qg

Sorry user, life is incredibly unfair.

There is nothing realistic to be made or had*

this is such a boring and tired approach to art honestly. i could go on awhile about the value of expression and everything but all i need to say is

art isnt a sport you fucking nerd

Attached: sharks.jpg (745x624, 130K)

Art is a representation of life, ideals and beliefs presented in a form that does not discriminate it's viewer. True, that level of representation cannot be had from a mere cat picture, but the skill to display that "art" is only given to a few select individuals in the form of talent, just as is the case with music. Scribbling blotches or drawing a half finished picture and calling it moody isn't art, it's just a lack of motivation caused by mental disorders.

In a technical sense, abstract art is a lot weaker. It still can reach as much of an emotional impact as a figurative artwork though.

Attached: 54420999_1195944410582677_8398380777175252992_n.jpg (960x662, 159K)

>Your art needs to look like hyper realistic over the top boring shit I can see in real life
>Need to go to art school for 24 years to produce what you would consider acceptable art.
>Fellow robot makes interesting paintings
>Posts them for us to see
>You shit on them

Get down off your horse. You're on a board almost exclusively for the mentally ill. If I wanted to see a realistic looking cat I'd look at a cat.

Attached: 1501127928803.jpg (569x428, 25K)

>Scribbling blotches or drawing a half finished picture and calling it moody isn't art
yes it is retardo. art is expression inherently. its not a sport, its not about being a photocopier and making the most realistic possible thing. Guess why nobody's interested in those actual photorealistic drawings? because they provide nothing whatsoever beyond "wow you sure have technical skill." people are only interested in art that manages to convey something. that aside, people can draw whatever the fuck they want. maybe it didnt take 8 hours and its not photo realistic, who fucking cares, you're not a cop. people just like to make things for the sake of making things. good, the goal of art isnt to impress you, by all means they should make art, and if they want to share it, cool. getting upset at that shit is so hilarious. the worst they did to you was fail to entertain you. so grow the fuck up and get off your e-high horse. if you like art a certain way, make it that way and shut the fuck up.

this shit is the kind of thing you only hear from people who aren't artists. its funny you bring up music too. nobody cares about technical shredlords on youtube playing scales really fast. meanwhile guitarists like jack white can fill arenas with songs that are literally just 2 chords. go masturbate to dream theater or whatever you weird fucks do

i love this idea that the only kind of art allowed is photo-realist shit with no expression. yes you're reducing art into just people recreating shit to masturbate over technical skill, and you're saying artists cant experiment, but also how the FUCK do you think artists get to that photo realistic state? do you think people are just born prodigies that can pop out hyperreal shit no training or practice? people gotta make a lot of shit art before theyre drawing your beloved cat pics

I don't mean to shit on him, but the abstract artstyle as a whole. I'm not saying hyper realistic cats is the way to go, no, not at all. Just try to understand that drawing, just like everything else in life comes from having that talent. If you don't, you're fucked. Grats to said user with disorders and a horrible life to be doing something other than loathing, but to those out there who are successful and have this shit hanging in galleries.. I hope you all fucking die.

JFK is that you??

go away JFK u fucking suck

>art that manages to convey something
so what does the mindless scribblings made by OP convey apart from ugliness

You misunderstood my post entirely. I don't want hyper realistic cat or any other pics, but paint blotches aren't expression. Neither are mr potato head Picasso paintings, get me?

its not conveying a specific thing like a fucking book you brainlet. im talking about general expressiveness, artists are free to express things how they wish

its fine to not like abstract or expressive art. but not liking it and then coming to the conclusion of "that must be because its objectively bad" is really fucking boring.

it's poor expression. People can make things if they like, and sometimes it's shit. Objective aesthetic value exists.
Here's a beautiful piece of art which is certainly not photorealistic, but is meaningful, emotional, and aesthetic, and is clearly made by a skilled artist. You could not mistake this for mad scribblings, while the works op posted could very well be. People can make what they want, but there is a clear difference in quality and value between different pieces of "art".

Attached: temptation of sir percival - Copy.jpg (2196x1832, 1.89M)

lmao it's not conveying or expressing anything whatsoever

it's nothing but a clusterfuck of random scribbles

I can paint fairly realistically as well (see pic related).
not that that even matters much.

Attached: 1E6F09DC-D351-47A6-9B31-445769FA738D.jpg (3266x2542, 1.98M)

it's just ugly random poorly done scribbles m8, stop defending this garbage

but yeah disclaimer: I personally like my abstract stuff a lot more than my realistic stuff

Attached: E37E752E-D3EC-4312-BFE5-46FF2B6BC9EA.jpg (750x965, 324K)

Really? Because it's expressive to me. I get something out of it.
Since you seem to think this is objective, please tell me how i dont actually get anything out of it and my feelings are wrong.

i think you need to understand people enjoy different art for different reasons. some people enjoy more traditional art as a showcase for technical skill. thats cool. some people like more abstract art. thats fine too. understand things exist beyond your own fucking opinions.
if you were really into horror movies, you wouldnt say drama movies are objectively worse because theyre "objectively not as scary as a tradtional horror movie"
learn and accept that different people enjoy different things in different ways

Attached: D9Cr5OOXoAAtjGk.jpg (1354x2048, 484K)

I can't say it's good, because there's just no benchmark by which to evaluate abstract expression. I can say that it is quite expressive and does evoke thought in me through the use of colour and composition. The thumbnail effect is very pronounced.

ok one last image to show that I know how to draw.

Attached: E83FC27C-EBC3-4F20-BED6-5258109EA457.jpg (3275x2427, 1.8M)

Hey man don't take my critique so seriously. It's more directed at well functioning members of society who use that style. I like that picture though. I personally wouldn't hang it up but I know seniors would love the hell out of it.

This expresses everything this board should be about, and to add this isn't hyper realistic but also not just random blotches. To me, personally, this is the best thing you've posted so far. In fact I love it.

>Really? Because it's expressive to me. I get something out of it.

gimmie a quick rundown on what you're getting out of it

Naruto
Love-Live
JoJo
WW2 eastern front

This is an extremely good painting. I love it. Would 100% buy.

I prefer the first 2 compared to the last 2. i feel the 3rd is too dominated by the black which takes away from the layering qualities i like in this type of art, it also feels distracting and attention grabbing. the 4th feels too contained for me. probably due to the top half being majority blank. the black also gives a borderlike affect but i guess this can be good to give you extra images of what isnt there. tah for sharing. t. phonetard

i like how the first and last one kinda look like huge piles with the empty space in the top. theres no bright colors, its all dull muted colors. so theres all this chaos but its not exciting or bright.

it gives me a feeling of an apathy to chaos out of just being tired of it.

Do you have Epilepsy OP?

Religious rabble, the chaos of divine power run amok.
Ecstasy. Brilliant joy and creativity.
Interpersonal conflict. A relationship turned dark, shadows looming.
The freedom of the open sea. A crew who live with each other and know and accept eachother.

nah. why do you ask?

Attached: 81BFFA70-C4D1-4427-8906-6F301E326D79.jpg (1540x2046, 1.15M)

Coffee stained psychosis. I see a lot in this one. Very nice OP.

I like these interpretations :)

finishing another unsatisfying fap to let off steam, a dull ache in the back of the mind. devolve into sex gunk and butt rock

Pretty gnarly OP, how did you get started and how long did it take you to get good?

this style died out like 60 years ago
expressionism is nice and all, but we all get it by now.

holy shit le contrarian art pseud itt is pretty cringe

low-consciousness individual detected

Q E D
E
D

I remember you posting this drawing here a long time ago.