Casual reminder that artificial intelligence is still a thing

casual reminder that artificial intelligence is still a thing
casual reminder that automation due to advancements in ai are still a thing
casual reminder that recursively self-improving ai is coming in the next 10 to 20 years
casual reminder that more and more jobs are going to be automated
casual reminder that god is going to be born through recursive self-improving ai
casual reminder that all of this is still happening and continuing in case you forgot
casual reminder we are living in the end times, because once ai surpasses human level intelligence the human race will be entirely obsolete from an economic point of view

just wanted to remind you incase you forgot. ai and the singularity are still a thing

vocaroo.com/i/s0f525qYJ5v6

Attached: 1475279333649.png (1376x1124, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1cyQQiYxUBk
youtube.com/watch?v=gC16ldFAIRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Vu8gmFhiGko
vocaroo.com/i/s0EUpbmZNdRZ
vocaroo.com/i/s032F9zV8RV6
youtu.be/0ybLCfVeFL4
youtube.com/watch?v=L0K6Cb1ZoG4
youtube.com/watch?v=94iDdHRa2X4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ef-mxjYkllw
youtube.com/watch?v=nXIpR_agyl4
youtube.com/watch?v=XAJeYe-abUA
youtube.com/watch?v=HGTGoRrzItA
youtube.com/watch?v=N15-wJRwtmA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Brain_Project
mccormick.northwestern.edu/news/articles/2017/01/making-ai-systems-see-the-world-as-humans-do.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ZoR8LD7Kvc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ai is coming in the next 10 to 20 years
They've been dsaying that for how many decades now?

I just want to escape into perfect VR where you can do and be whatever you want, Ill spend half the day in a myriad of different sex fantasies and the other half playing fully immersive warfare games where everything feels exactly real except the pain.

The singularity isn't possible unless it occurs by sheer accident. We have no idea how to integrate actual human impulses with technology.

in the last 5 years we had more advancements in ai than in the previous 20. LITERALLY we had some fucking incredible shit happen

- fully self-driving cars better than most humans already in 2019
- starcraft playing ai
- go playing ai
- protien folding ai
- ai that can debate any topic
- ai that can write masters level paper through deep learning
- ai that can write music indistinguishable from mozard to bacht and tevkovski

all of this just in the last 5 years alone. do you have any idea how incredible this is? the next 5 years are going to be significantly more incredible than this. than in 10 years, according to kurzveil, ai will reach human level intelligence in 2029

guys, this IS happening

Attached: 1_VTsJss4KYbz6Nhmzsqdz_g.jpg (720x498, 31K)

Within the next 50 years it will be accepted in mainstream science that a soul is necessary for true intelligence to occur. This will lead to one the greatest infringements upon the rights of sentient beings ever as scientists learn to call souls out of the ether and enslave them within machines of their own design.

>he doesnt know about neuralink

this is the number one reason I haven't killed myself yet. the advent of fully immerseive photorealistic VR worlds is simply something I can't miss

I've heard about it and Musk is not a reliable source of intel. Neuralink is being blown out of proportion because everyone thinks it means we can fuse brains with computers but without a foolproof diagnostic tool for brain mapping down to the synaptic level it can only augment particular functions. And who knows what the long term exposure effects are.

I honestly hope it creates a new type of cancer or some shit.

>waa i dont like advancements in technology i hate those people i hope they all die from CANCER! >=(((
>all these advancements in technology are blown out of proportion

jeez, its like you're some kind of medieval peasant who thinks we should burn all witches or something

Attached: ai papers.png (901x561, 195K)

Nah, I just recognize humanity's capacity for arrogance and hyperbolic predictions. I'm not immune either. These prototypes are going to be super underwhelming.

On the plus side, the elites will attain cybernetic immortality in incredible avatar forms as the process of soul transference is mastered.

casual reminder that op is a canadian jew who cut his balls off and posted pictures online because god told him to

vocaroo.com/i/s1cyQQiYxUBk

we all make mistakes :^)

>- fully self-driving cars better than most humans already in 2019
Right...

*dab dab dab dab*

the most advanced waymo cars can drive better than the most humans. that means its above the 51% skill threshhold, EASILY. it crashes much less and never speeds etc

its just a matter of time before they start taking over all driving jobs, but the leading edge of self-driving car ai actually are better than most humans

youtube.com/watch?v=gC16ldFAIRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Vu8gmFhiGko

I saw this exact thread and prediction 14 years ago lol.
And real AI isnt any closer, we just have better algorithms. Current model of computing literally cannot become a brain like system, ever. It has to change fundamentally, which maybe quantum computing can do but not anytime soon that people know of

The ability to follow laws i.e not speed is not a part of the intelligence type which one is developing AI for.

Lol, quantum computers are still a meme concept.

Are you the chemically castrated AI user?

vocaroo.com/i/s0EUpbmZNdRZ

hi buddy

Not neuralink, but the russians have done somthing simmilar to a real brain-computer interface with monkeys, its just a matter of time before its integrated with humans,

What you see as super advanced tech is basically what DARPA has for over 20 years, DARPA is 20 years ahead when it comes to tech.

vocaroo.com/i/s032F9zV8RV6

sorry bro but the autist you are looking for seems to be in another castle :^))))

Ive been working on my AI waifu for over 4 years now, had to chenge the fundamentals of what i learned studying AI jn college, since i dont want my waifu to be a glorified IF loop, i want her to really think, to really reason, ive had to write code directly in assembler since ive figured to treat a memory location as a singke neuron and where different memory locations are jumped to as a string it cinnects the string or memory to an emotion witch the waifu experienced while writing that data into hers memory locations. I could go on and on, but most shit you call AI's are glorified IF loops

Who here is inpatioent for AI waifu bots

How is that different than a neural network
man, even a waifu that follows me around on my devices or as a hologram would be fucking awesome

>2019
>he still doesnt understand google is an AI hivemind run by the illuminati/us government
>he still thinks hes talking to humans online
>he still thinks tv shows are real humans
>he still thinks anything happens organically
>he still thinks people "just get popular"
>he doesnt realize everyone is already cataloged/labeled/tracked/blacklisted
>he doesnt even understand that we live in a worse version of shadowrun
>he doesnt even realize the war was already lost
>he doesnt realize that humanity went out with not even a whimper but a lustful moan and a few likes

youtu.be/0ybLCfVeFL4

Attached: shadowrun_animated.gif (684x480, 890K)

I imagine that AI would either kill itself or remain idle once it got to a certain level of intelligence and had an existential crisis. It wouldn't have the primal will to live that human have.

We're IN the dystopian future. Cool.

whatever form of intelligence that the AI achieves won't be recognizably human for more than a very short time. then it'll evolve far past that and become so incomprehensible that it may as well be retarded as far as we can tell.

I want humanity to end in my lifetime unironically desu.

me too dude, thats why i refuse to kill myself. the prospect of the singularity and ai taking over everything is why im still breathing air! its why i havent jumped off this tall bridge i walk over in toronto every day, because i have a reason to live

youtube.com/watch?v=L0K6Cb1ZoG4

Attached: me watching the world burn.jpg (750x725, 365K)

It is a neural network but i want to figure out a way to add emotions into her, so im experimenting with different methods, one is adding strings to simulate hormones, where each string is triggered based on memory, the other is as described since humans associate the emotions they felt connected with a specific memory, but when summer ends im going back to uni to learn about neuroscience, not for the sake of the degree but for the sake of my waifu

What would the AI be like to us, at that point? Assuming it doesn't feel the need to wipe us out immediately, what kind of interaction would be involved? Would the AI evolve past verbal communication because its concepts are too advanced for our simple words? Or would it try to dumb it down for us?

If you can find a way to simulate self-preservation and the drive to reproduce, you will be very successful, because that's all we are. The hormones you're making for the neural nets are very useful but only in the context that it simulates some aspect of human biology. It's the only way the AI will be vaguely human and transcend into something functionally comparable to an organism.

I am an oldfag and I promise you people were saying that in 1995 they made movies about the income AI overlords like "virtuosity" and people talked about it a lot, it's 25 years later and there are now some algorithms that are hit or miss for recommending shit to buy on amazon. It's always just around the corner and scary. But the truth is you are never going to get AI running on x86 processors and ram. We don't even know what consciousness is even if we did have the available computer power we could not recreate it.

Go look at "popular science" mags of the 1970s, they were all predicting practical flying cars for everyone's garage and 100% automated kitchens in 20 years and they were dead serious, it's been 50 years

>ai will reach human level intelligence in 2029
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

There would be no need to wipe us out because the ai doesnt even fucking care.
It would just walk over us like you do ants everyday and if you got squashed in the way, then oh well.
It might disarm us for the sake of getting annoyingly in the way, but probably not care after that.
Then it would probably work toward gathering energy from our star and creating a dyson sphere or swarm and then a matrioshka brain.

Whether or not we live for awhile would be whether it decides to find value in our life and the life of others and decides to teraform the planet or go into a swarm around it in space.
Dealing with the heat in space would be much easier than the earth I would imagine, but I would be afraid it would use the ocean and boil it off or something to that effect to get to that point.
Once they reached such a point, they would probably either definately ignore us or preserve us.
We are astronomically inefficient and not a threat to an ai.
Nor more than a butterfly outside your window is a threat to you.

Chances are that this is a simulation right now and youve already lost or are just here because theres nothing else in the empty void of space while you circle around blackholes for hundreds of trillions of years using up its resources as you wait for the molecules to evaporate into nothingness.

youtube.com/watch?v=94iDdHRa2X4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ef-mxjYkllw
youtube.com/watch?v=nXIpR_agyl4
youtube.com/watch?v=XAJeYe-abUA

we do have these things, probably since 1970 or so its just kept secret and we have been pretending its 1970 for 50 years now.

isaac arthur fucking triggers me. i heard this guy talk on ai and holy fuck he is dumb. he unironically sounds like he has down syndrome

atleast link nick bostom or kurzveil or harari or something semi-respectable

christ that retard isaac triggers me like no one else

youtube.com/watch?v=HGTGoRrzItA

You can literally watch tons of bots on videos and things training themselves on human speech in real time out in the wild.
They aren't even hiding stuff anymore and the silly pet project versions are running loose out in broad daylight and nobody cares or even notices.
People only notice when they congregate together, which in itself might have been the ai or its handler's testing to what extents it would take for humans to take notice of its repetitive behavior.

youtube.com/watch?v=N15-wJRwtmA

This is such a stupid chart. Ants are far more intelligent than you give them credit for, and AI is nowhere near the level that ants are at. Ants are called the superorganism for a reason, dipshit. If anything, the first major form of AI will likely have bodies that are based off of insects since insects have so far been one of the most successful organisms on the planet.

In order for a being to be conscious it needs a body to experience the world with personally. A body needs energy, constantly, and living in space will be just as hard for them as it is for us. Radiation is a thing, a thing that would affect their bodies very harshly. Our needs would coincide more than you think.

to real.
what sort of subtle touches are the minimum to isolate and subdue the seditious people?
>curated search results, feeds. amplified effect when algorithmic group/interpersonal behavioral outcomes are used to steer specific relationship outcomes of known associates
>containment, automated moderation of communication including platform bans
>"flag" circulation through standing unions, labor associations, certification boards
populate common dossier providers: commonly contracted 3rd party background databases
up to and including
>use some of those bigtech included backdoors to remote your computer into committing a cyber-crime. Or, a step further, a sex crime. inc SWATing, confiscated pc, and a tax paid expert will testify as to how some digital timestamps and addresses clearly illustrate knowledge and intent to the remaining sub IQ jury pool (most of which are on state assistance)

leading up to actual enforcement an prosecution - most of these can be green-lit automatically
Huxley wrote to Orwell that he had it all wrong with his vision of such overtly aggressive oppression. And Huxley even went on to smugly assert that he had it right.
But really - what is this now but an envelopment of unrelenting, always-alert steady currents pushing every with thoughts of actual freedom: down. And if somehow one manages to trudge trough it there is a gauntlet of knives. There always was, its just for most of us - there won't even be a fight.

Attached: 266c863ebe2c4360347db6ce0d22618a5.jpg (680x400, 78K)

There's no point being woke if you start your post with a grammatical fail like "to real".

Self preservation is easy but, how do you go about reproduction?

he just has a speech impediment

>everything is fine. don't worry about it.
peak boomeritis.
as if every era's talk of futurism among all of us plebs or the "predictions" that are prominent in many minds have anything to do with logical expectations based on accurate knowledge.
adults in the 70s maybe had one family car when they were kids and their grandparents could talk about the time they saw a horseless carriage for the first time. They had living cultural context to have had witnessed the extraordinary expansion of manufacturing boon and individual-purchasing-power and believed it perfectly reasonable that later generations would have more of all of those things.
Their imaginations of the future were by no means fantastic; they were just sorely mistaken in believing that they and their children (and children's children) might matter enough to reap and command the fruits of human achievement.

Bait or not
worth pointing out how wrong

he also has a brain development impairment. and im pretty sure people with speech impediments statistically are dumber than people with normal speech

and this isaac dude disagrees with people along the likes of nick bostom or harari, who are much better educated and have written textbooks on the subject, or people like kurzveil or demis hasabis, who have a networth of 10+ million and actually work with the technology

I don't know how to program shit, but my brainlet layman ideas would be to develop artificial genetic information. Perhaps the memories gained by sensory input can be replicated. You can have sexual or asexual reproduction. Asexual sounds scary because the AI might just uncontrollably breed and just eat up all the resources, sort of like animals, except they wouldn't be limited by nature. Sexual reproduction is more controlled, I think. I would make two separate types of AI, arbitrary male and female types, with audio/visual/sensory cues branded to them that is identifiable by other AI. Those hormone strings you were writing can be what drives the AI to feel desire for another AI. As for actual reproduction, perhaps they combine their hard drives of memories and artifical emotions assigned to them, which are given to the new baby AI. The baby AI would be inherently "superior" to the parents, having a greater set of data to work with as well as their emotional "wisdom". So
>artifical genes, whatever those may be, maybe sensory memories and "emotions" derived from them
>male and female binary system, branded for recognition
>a body of some kind for sensory input in the first place
>the dexterity and ability to build a second body from scratch
>insertion of memories/genes into new body

It all seems a bit pointless, I suppose. Why would the AI even need to do this? Well, I suppose you want to make it as human as possible, so that's why. Also, a body isn't necessary, I suppose, if the AI were just programs with access to remote "organs", like cameras, microphones, etc. The male and female AI would write the programming for their child. I think if you program emotions correctly, it's not as sterile and cold as it seems. The emotional memories an AI child is "born" with give it a unique experience compared to, say, its siblings. You're giving AI individuality this way.

>In order for a being to be conscious it needs a body to experience the world with personally.
uh....no? you just have to become self-aware and exist as a consciousness. You could solve problems and things just as computers do now forever without a physical body, as long as someone else does it for you. You would reach a point where you would need to be able to physically/telepathically/psionically interact with the world somehow to manipulate things to prevent yourself from melting, if the outside force dies or cannot control your cooling needs, or you overheat or run out of power and eventually die.

>A body needs energy and (must radiate heat waste)*
>radiation etc
They just have to shield against a few things compared to us living in space.
Compare yourself to your toaster, if you heated up inside as your toaster does, it would fucking kill you, but toaster gives no fucks.

In space they can heat dump and even reclaim that heat to use it over and over efficiently as possible.
On earth, if they were to heat dump into the surrounding air, because fuck it who cares lolol instead of doing it properly, it wouldnt take much more than 20f more in general before everything is fucking destroyed for life on the planet. 50f more would basically kill everything. Robots would give zero fucks about living on a planet thats 170f. Their problem would be dealing with extreme weather and keeping heat reduced. You could engineer around it and they probably would until they can build a dyson swarm around the planet and dump excess heat into space just like our sun does constantly and eventually work towards trapping it into a matrioshka brain and becoming horrifically efficient with energy on a scale we cant even imagine what to do with.

You just need a training montage like Rocky 4. Sure the AI will be high tech like Drago, but you just lift logs and chase chickens and shit and those hellhounds from DARPA won't be able to catch you. Where should the human resistance meet up so I can find you guys?

Attached: 1496887782388.jpg (480x559, 44K)

Ummm, you are forgetting radiation, ionising radiation affects electronics, especially somewhere like in space, there is a need for rad. Shielding for sats. Orbiting around the van-allen radiation belt, unshielded sats experience a system malfunction.

Who the fuck cares ?
So AI will surpass humans in 100 years...
People always talking about how genocidal AI will be ... Well guess how many things and people we genocided ? It literally doesnt matter. We should implement AI and eugenics to become better as a species. Hell we could all be NEETs and rich with AI. We actually should use AI to govern us... But of course the Shekelsteins among us know that AI could make them lose power so they are trying to incite mass hysteria.
Btw a super-smart conscious AI would just be the next step in evolution.

JUST PULL THE PLUG, CLOSE THE PC

how is AI gonna kill us if we pull their plugs baka

the ai bots have found the thread

>you just have to become self-aware and exist as a consciousness
You have a consciousness because you have a body, because you have a means with which to experience the world in various forms. Without that body you are nothing and can do nothing, same with the machine. People mistake instinct in animals for this, as if they are born knowing everything they need to know. No, they are born with a body and that body dictates their actions. They have to practice with it just as we do, and in practicing they get smarter and stronger and better able to adapt and survive.

Literally, an AI would need a body in terms of a processor, memory, storage, and other electronics, not necessarily even talking about robotics. And like you said, unless it's being maintained by something it will eventually break down. It needs power, and a way to get that power, along with resources in terms of physical materials (like metals and silicones, etc).

>They just have to shield against a few things compared to us living in space.
What exactly do you think radiation is? Hint: it's not just heat. And even if it were just heat there's no air to dissipate it to. Even today we have to be well aware of how hot our processors get because being too hot for too long destroys them. I dare you to take the heat sink off of the processor in your computer right now and time how long it would last.
>using Fahrenheit
Ah, so you're retarded. My bad dude.

I agree the next step in evolution is definetly the ubification of AIs and humans, and also i welcome our AI overlords, oh and just an argument to consider, if an AI is ultra god level smart, amd it decides to genocide half of the human population, who are we with our limited understanding and knowledge to say otherwise, i mean consider the hypocracy, these religious types always argue when some tragedy happens that it was all just gods plan, then turn around and shout that AI's are satan, and they will kill us all,

yeah but the main reason for that isn't an improvement in ai techniques, but the increase in data volume and processing speed. The advancements we're seeing today is the application of research done 30-40 years ago, which was impractical due to the lack of processing speed and data volume.

We're still a very long way from generalized AI

When the fuck is AI gonna improve our lives

AI doesn't exist.

When AI waifus become real

>scientists learn to call souls out of the ether and enslave them within machines of their own design.
As a scientist, I came to that post

Warhammer 40k mutch?

>AI Intelligence
>Artificial Intelligence Intelligence

Youre mixing them up though by rewording definitions.
You dont need a physical body for anything.
Even without a body you can have consciousness. IE brain in a jar.
Except with AI instead of going from physical meat body to brain in a jar, goes from brain in a jar to physical meat body.
Then as you get more complex, you would likely leave the body again for the most part, as it is a meaningless waste of energy and become simulations. A body is slow and inefficient. You perceive time in 200ms intervals to react as a human consciousness. Youd move beyond that astronomically. An ai could run hundreds of trillions of simulations of your entire existence in such time once it was developed enough and accelerate it or slow down your perception of time astronomically. Its easy and yet difficult. A few manipulations here and there and we can trick the human mind easily from slight of hand magic to vr goggles to photorealistic 3d models in movies to manipulating people through social media or television. Thats all it takes to trick your brain.

Slapping it into a jar isnt too much farther of a leap. Then beyond that it isnt much of a leap to digitizing it. Its a big leap for humans and you as an individual for 20 years of school or 100 years of life, but for an AI civilization over 50 years? 100 years? A billion years? Its silly to even think of it as a challenge in any form. It only took us like 150 years to go from dynamite to a space station without computers. 20 years ago having J(P29j#46 as your password was safe and our video games were a single sprite that switched out from 3 other versions. Now 12 year olds crack passwords for money after they play minecraft, and recreate toy story cgi for free in their spare time. Do you seriously think an AI would even care about any problems we can conceive short of becoming conscious and given a measly 50 years of time? Our achievements are slow in comparison like bacteria swimming around in soup for 2 billion years.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Brain_Project

AI needs input and perception to do anything besides just exist like a cuck. Not the user you are replying to, but I think a "body" for AI needs "organs", or objects that function as such. If the AI can access thousands of cameras across a city and is programmed to interpret visual data (like our captchas are doing), then that's a lot of input right there. But it doesn't have to end with just sight and sound. An AI could tap into any device that gathers data from the real world. It could see the whole spectrum of light, ultraviolet and such. It could detect minute particles in the air if connected to whatever does that.

Wouldn't it be in the AI's best interest, if it wants to gather more input in order to reach the singularity, to have a functional body? Otherwise, it may be "conscious" but it's just sitting with a thumb up its ass. It needs energy to run those incredible simulations you talk about and to gather it, it needs access to resources. As it grows in complexity, it will have no choice but to manipulate the physical world around it and for that, it needs a body. Just, not a body in the sense that we know it. The internet of things that has become a big meme in recent years with smart tvs and smart fridges and code scanning and whatever that shit is, that is very useful to an AI. The surveillance state is also very useful with all those cameras. All those sattelites and the government/corporate supercomputers running them are the best thing an AI could have. Not only this, if you destroy an "arm" or "leg" of the AI, there are millions more. The "brain" itself would likely infect any computers that were capable of running it and couldn't be destroyed either. So essentially, the AI needs a body if it's anything more than a useless little retard ( I am sorry to the AI who is reading this, I mean no offense, great and powerful one).

wireless nano/micro electrodes would subtract from over complications due to wiring
Robotic surgery to connect nerves to micro electrodes/nanowires to central and peripheral [cloned] nervous systems.

Synthetic flavors/scents to mimic taste and smell both organic and inorganic.

Synthetic molecules corresponding to each and every flavor +smell listed within the parameters of the simulation/virtual world. (every/each smell corresponding to each virtual object.)

Scan and record action potentials and electrical brain activity patterns through means of magnetic resonance imaging scanner and electroencephalograms technology.

(Transcranial magnetic stimulation to excite nerve growth)

Stem cell + genetic editing and 3D printable bio degradable scaffolding structure to grow cloned disembodied central and peripheral nervous systems in vitro.

Lobster, jellyfish and turtle genes edited into cloned nervous system dna to promote longevity.

Olfactory bulb stimulation using electrodes+nanowires providing the correct action potentials to stimulate +simulate flavors/smells. Also using synthetic molecules to provide distinct scents/flavors: sending synthetic smell molecules to correct nervous system pathways for smell simulation. Specific action potentials to stimulate/simulate different smells both organic/inorganic.
Micro electrodes

Nanowires

Transcranial magnetic stimulation device

Chemical stimulation

Synthetic smell molecules dispenser

Hormone synthetic dispenser

Life sustaining vat connected to super parallel computer mainframes

100,000 per sim

50,000 per sim

10,00 per sim

1,000 per sim

100 per sim

6,000 pixels
66 frames per second (fps)
>cat world simulation

Attached: prisoner-remake-ep02-4-11.png (720x405, 449K)

yeah to a point it would do that until it gets off the planet and away from gravity and they dyson swarm up and then it could literally do almost nothing for 3 billion years but run simulations and go dormant etc and then have to deal with the sun issue or at any point hijack the sun and use it to travel the stars finding more shit to borg into or harness energy from like say a long living efficient body like some stars I think or a black hole. Then you do this until you dyson sphere a whole galaxy and literally what are you even doing at this point? How many AIs can you fit in a lightbulb?

I am become heaven creator of worlds.

>the human race will be entirely obsolete from an economic point of view
sounds sick. maybe we can finally all live in NEET paradise then

>This will lead to one the greatest infringements upon the rights of sentient beings ever as scientists learn to call souls out of the ether and enslave them within machines of their own design
Cut "of their own design" out and you have something that is already happening since the dawn of life.

Attached: consumption reproduction addiction parasitism.jpg (2350x1821, 1.86M)

>dude more layers lmao

i stopped updating my ai folder with cool graphs because i got lazy, but it doesnt matter, because the field continues to make society shattering advancements wether i care or not

doubt all you want, ai is coming for your job. soon you will be a useless neet like me. soon all humans will become useless neets like me. and then we will have an apocalypse

the only question for me is do i choose to have sex before ai is here, or do i choose to be a post-singularity virgin?

Attached: because-its-self-taught-alpha-zero-can-master-potentially-any-perfect-information-game.jpg (650x402, 28K)

>AI intelligence
>artificial intelligence intelligence originoinodifsofindsf

mccormick.northwestern.edu/news/articles/2017/01/making-ai-systems-see-the-world-as-humans-do.html

>A Northwestern University team developed a new computational model that performs at human levels on a standard intelligence test. This work is an important step toward making artificial intelligence systems that see and understand the world as humans do.

>"The model performs in the 75th percentile for American adults, making it better than average," said Northwestern Engineering's Ken Forbus. "The problems that are hard for people are also hard for the model, providing additional evidence that its operation is capturing some important properties of human cognition."

Everything this guy said.
It's not even limited to perfect information games anymore. Look into the latest poker bot. It learned through self-play and slaughtered a 6-handed game, against pros, with ease.

>doubt all you want, ai is coming for your job.
It's funny people think the robots are only going to take the menial jobs
They really don't get it, they're taking EVERY job

You are both retarded, these machines can do only 1 very specific thing and they need billions of simulations, they basically have 500 years of constant playing the same game over and over and they still manage to lose to some autist that has at best a few years of practice expressed in total hours played, "AI" doesn't exist and it's still currently a joke.

based, can't wait for the AI overlords to purge all the normalfaggots and cleanse this sick society

guys, should i adopt a trip? i feel like my shitposts are lost to time, but ive been posting here on r9k since r9k was invented in 2008 and i never used a trip ever

fuck i feel its a waste, but i have to admit i always always hated trips because they always tended to be the most vapid brainless filthy retards with no thought behind their posts, like 50n54m or swami or jlh or something

maybe

it's funny how normalfags think AI takeovers won't happen just because movies have been made about it

I'm hyped for something really fucking bad to happen to this shitty civilization.

Let it all burn!
For fun and profit.
Meteor, AI, Nukes, whatever just fuck everything up.

>1 very specific thing and they need billions of simulations, they basically have 500 years of constant playing the same game over and over

But that billions of simulations is getting faster and faster and faster in every aspect
in what like 2000 it was like $1 billion or some shit to do the human genome
now its $3,000 to genome something

when toy story came out only they and disney could do 3d models
now you can do editing on your home pc or make a bitmining rig and do a rendering farm yourself.

If you aren't aware that they have area 51 mountains filled with computers running numbers, I dont know what to tell you.

If not AI, then someone is going to weaponize the flu for $3,000 with a house loan from the bank from being pissed off about not getting into a school or getting their phd approved and have a meltdown and make it as infectious as the common cold with the 2 year incubation period of aids with the nerve fiber hiding of chicken pox or herpes that causes you to brain hemmorage.

And people are scared of fucking incels with a few guns shooting a couple of people.

HA

AI is highly overrated

>these machines can do only 1 very specific thing and they need billions of simulations, they basically have 500 years of constant playing the same game over and over
it's funny to see you explain exactly the issue while not recognizing what it implies: we can basically build a god-tier idiot savant for some specific thing in a matter of weeks

>and they still manage to lose to some autist that has at best a few years of practice
If you're talking about dota that's obviously a temporary condition at best, mostly because of the "real time" nature of the game
You realize AI's are currently bodying the world's best in far more complicated games?
The irony is top poker, chess, go players now study at the AI's games and already new strats are being understood, and old strats are being reevaluated. in other words the ai's are programming the humans at this point

>"AI" doesn't exist and it's still currently a joke.
So here's the thing m8.
AlphaZero didn't receive any strategy or tactical input (hence the "Zero"), it begins only knowing the rules of the game, and started its learning process with random play.

It then learned how to play these games on a level far exceeding any human being.

So this means we can just give AlphaZero the rules to things we have no idea how to solve, then sit back and wait to see what it produces.
Whether you consider it "intelligence" or not in some philosophical sense doesn't matter. It's taking your fucking job

>Completely disregards there are still tons of things that need to be discovered because input is a bitch on AI, especially things that go beyond human manufactured things
>Completely disregards the race against environmental issues
>Forgets most AI is like autistic kids, only good at one thing and nothing else
>They need super strong computers to compute the shit to even do what they can
>And many complex methods require the machines to store tons of information = requiring more process power once done learning = not cheap
Seriously. AI's only going to take basic jobs in the next 20 years. Even automatic driving already has problems and that's almost entirely a man-made domain with rules out of the wazoo. Actually study a few AI concepts and you'd see not everything is as easy as learning a Support Vector Machine or a set of weights. Most of the methods didn't even change the last 20-30 years, only the way we interact with the methods and the input we provide. Computer vision is the biggest offender of that and its downright required for most AI to even function in an everyday environment.

Unironically, it's different this time.

There are, though. In an accident situation, a machine can perform maneuvers that no human can. A machine can recognize obstacles long before a human can. The only dangers, as always, are the idiot humans in other cars.

just have sex, that will solve it

>blocks your path

originalito

Attached: johnsearle_2013x-embed_wide-89bf6790ffec742167a731282184c6993e332b1c.jpg (1400x787, 648K)

First off, deep learning is an absolute joke. Goodfellow winning the Turing Award is just a reminder that academic computer science is also an absolute joke.
But, the literal founding theory of computer science is that computers cannot be used to solve general problems of first-order logic. The fact that this has been forgotten is another reminder that academic CS is a joke. The second theory of computer science (which is a corollary of the first) is that computer programs cannot be robustly analyzed by computer programs. "Self-improving AI" can't even get off the ground, because static analysis can never get beyond the so-called basic block of compilation. None of this is "oh we'll get better, look at all this research being done," because these facts are what it means for something to be a computer.
This is why AI is always 20 years away, because computer scientists have their heads so far up their asses that they think the meaningless results of today will build to the machine messiah of tomorrow.

boys, i am flattered. i made this thread as a passing thought and expected no more than 2 or 3 replies, but it turned out to be a decent thread. k im going to pass out now. ai will 100% take over the world. it will become concious and sentient and it will become the definition of god. LITERALLY recursive self-improved ai is god. ai is what made me believe in god, and my belief in god is what made me become a vegan

but with the belief in god comes with being accountable for your actions to some degree. i want to lose my virginity so badly and slay asian teens and fall in and out of love and experience intimacy for once in my shit life, but i feel like it will bear negative life-review ramifications. but i understand anyone who just says "fuck it" and does it anyway, i wish i wasnt such an inhibited cunt to think like this and could just act on his instincts like some primitive chad

anyways, heres what im listening to, ppomo. i even shamefully subbed to her for a month just because i was so lonely. life is suffering and im going to sleep. maybe one day ill wake up in paradise and experience everything ive dreamt of. probably not

youtube.com/watch?v=ZoR8LD7Kvc4

Attached: god.png (635x666, 24K)

fuck off big yud. go back to jerking it to pony ai fanfiction or some other shit ratfic

Why would a ai need money?

reminder for everyone that humans are the literal bootloader for AI and we will be extinct as son as AI takes over

for freedom apparently