What has your experience with SSRI's been like?

What has your experience with SSRI's been like?

Would you recommend them?

Is it really the pharmajew that's going to destroy my brain?

Attached: PENN_BJ_L.png (460x700, 338K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4970636/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dude, they literally make your body produce less serotonin. Have fun with that.

They work. I had depression for like years and taking Lexapro made those feelings go away.

I don't think they are good and I would not recommend them but it does seem to work well for some people. IMO if you can live without them you are better off.

Took one for 2 months and it made me waaay more suicidal. I started off sad and ended up cradling a shotgun your mileage may vary

they made my depression worse. all of them. i went down the list. i even tried NDRIs and they made me throw up.

don't do it. get out of the house, go to the gym. do something productive.

if you havent committed suicide your depression isn't that bad, and i think you know. depression is never "cured", you will never be "normal" no matter how many pills and therapy sessions you swallow. learn to function better or kys. antidepressants are designed to blunt the emotions you feel, and in my opinion id rather be depressed than empty. being empty is the worst feeling ive ever had.

How long were you on SSRI's for before you realized they weren't for you?

I have severe anxiety that gives me difficulty breathing, heart palpitations and tremors in public and no amount of exposure makes it better (I am functioning and have a full time job). Had this shit since my early teens

Is there something I can fucking take besides SSRIs that won't make me a vegetable?

Get some (es)ketamine faggots

CBT? Idk, I'm in the same situation.

Do you have any experience with CBT?

Yes it's the pharmajew that's going to destroy your brain. I was on them for 6 months and two years later I think it's a realistic concern that I will never see the world the way I used to as a result. Friend went through a similar experience.

Make every lifestyle change you possibly can that makes you even slightly less depressed, then if you still have a central nervous system with a neurotransmitter deficiency I would consider either that or just getting an ADD diagnosis because adderall did way more for me than zoloft could ever hope to.

The opposite of a depressed brain is a stimulated one. Make it your mission to be as stimulated as possible and you will grow less depressed over time, SSRI's are harmful and overprescribed.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4970636/

No, but I may have to. I have severe anxiety that makes me think I'm becoming schizophrenic. Maybe I am. That is the scary part.

Lexapro got rid of my social anxiety

i've been on 10mg lexapro for the last two weeks n it has done nothing for me. i feel exactly as i did before i took it.

I, for one, am quite enjoying my new life as a pseudopyschopath since SSRIs destroyed my amygdala and forced my body into a higher state of energy.

I was on Lexapro. At first it'll help with anxiety, but the side effects were too much for me. It gave me erectile dysfunction, and made it hard for me to control my anger. I also felt very out of touch with my emotions. It felt like my life wasn't real, like I could just grab a gun and shoot someone with no real consequence. I had to quit taking them because even though I was doing slightly better socially, I felt like I was becoming a different person for the worse.

Attached: dongicon.jpg (569x499, 67K)

a few weeks plus antipsychotics every time i went to a hosptial (3 times). it took me like a few years to recover. diagnosed with major depression, not sure why i was given antipsychotics.

I told my doctor I had been feeling a little paranoid lately and he put me on ability. I took it for one day and have questioned his abilities as a doctor since then

On Escitalopram (Lexapro for you Americans) for almost 2 years now for anxiety disorder. It helps a lot to live life normally and feel like a functioning human being. Also helped with my social anxiety.

It's been working to me, but I wonder how hard it will be to go off of them.