FUCK

FUCK

i just want to enjoy video games again. they were the only thing that gave me any true escape and enjoyment and I can't get into any of them anymore

Attached: 1527774889536.jpg (500x490, 51K)

It happens user, I currently cannot stand any video games. I was so desperate to enjoy them that I took up drinking which worked a bit but now I hate drinking and video games.

Just gotta move on and find something else to kill time with.

Get 2k19 and download my custom draft classes, Magic Johnson or Luka Doncic competing for ROTY right now and George Gervin is looking elite on my Knickies (^:

because they all fucking suck and once you've played enough of them you'll realize that even the very best games are trashy time sinks and skinner boxes that just suck your vitality into nothing. but you've invested so much time in playing them that you don't know how to do anything else with your life.

I can't enjoy anything or have the motivation to do anything else but lurk around on imageboards.

Modern games are gutter trash so you gotta play/replay old stuff.

play some diablo and some diablo 2 if you havent. the led zeppelin of games
if youve already tried and enjoyed, theres a cool mod called path of diablo

Some phone games have the retro feel

Try mods or some shit, add on or challenge yourself instead of whining here.

The trick is to force yourself to play them.

I just don't have the time I used to have. Fatherhood really kills your spare time

Yeah it sucks because even if you're just sitting in one spot you know your hand /could/ be doing something more productive than just scrolling.

But I like to think at least I'm having a very low impact on my environment. No driving, no eating out, no mail, no taking up space on the sidewalk... I just need a comfortable seat and a screen and I can be entertained endlessly.

So why am I so fucking bored

I realized the magic is gone when I got GTAV and it was everything I wanted and still nothing like the old days of playing San Andreas from the moment I woke up. It's called becoming an adult, do something more productive with your time faggot.

You are bored because those things are not making you feel fulfilled. Fulfillment is basically what everyone strives for, even if they dont realize it.

Its like Randy Marsh says. Weed isnt dangerous, it just makes you content with being bored when you could be doing more interesting things, like learning something new. Video games and screen time are no different. Its a comfortable distraction from the guilt of not living your highest.

Humans are creatures of habit who easily get addicted to comfort. Comfort, unfortunately, can be very boring.

But that's not like in the sims, where maxing out your fun meter makes you super happy all the time. Fucking bullshit.

Yeah but next thing you know youre trapped in a 2x2 closet, steeping in your own feces and suddenly lit on fire

The highest humans are capable of is reproducing and procuring resources for offspring to also reproduce once they are of age. Self-preservation and reproduction, that's all we are good for. Being aware of this, being excluded from it to some extent, what else is there besides distracting oneself? What do you do when you come from work? What do you do when you have twelve children and land and wealth for generations to come? It's all about distraction and legacy, nothing more or less.

You are correct from a biological standpoint. We are designed to fuck and make babies just like every other creature on earth.

But we are not talking biological, or animal. Its psychology and sociology. Something that sets us apart from animals is that we are self aware and philosophical. This is why we need to feel useful and fulfilled. The average person doesnt need to worry about hunting their next meal and not being eaten. Thats all animals need to worry about. And you know what? Animals are boring.

But by not being cursed with lucidity, they most likely dont know boredom. Just survival. Feeling bored is a nice reminder that we escaped the food chain. So dont try to make this animalistic biological argument, because it has no place in what humans consider spiritually fulfilling.

As For what to do when you are bored? I dont know. Everyone is different.

Not that user, but:
>Animals are boring.
Pretty sure living your life on the brink of death and having to kill to survive is far more exciting than whatever you like doing.

>Pretty sure living your life on the brink of death and having to kill to survive
Actually animals just sort of hang around most of the time. If you followed a day in the life of any wild animal you'd be bored shitless for 95% of the time. If you watch a nature documentary they usually shoot for weeks, in extreme cases like some of the BBC ones more than a year, just to get about an hour of decent footage.

>Video games in 2019

Attached: gamers.png (768x1677, 346K)

I would rather kill myself than play shitty sports games.

Maybe try VR if you haven't already?

Yes, but they're constantly in danger or worried about eating.
I doubt their sensory organs are just as stimulated as some guy doing a regular 9-5.

Yes and no, I feed some birds in my garden, there's one that keeps hanging around these days and you can see they're constantly watching for their lives. They even fight between each others for some bread crumbs.

Maybe you have depression. Depressions kill all joy. Try therapy, if you have nothing that excites you anymore. Helps.