How do i stop cringing at myself in the past

how do i stop cringing at myself in the past

Attached: 1560481949051.gif (250x250, 458K)

Just accept it and move on.
You can't change what's in the past, so why bother worrying about it?

Attached: image.jpg (1080x1080, 270K)

stop thinking about who you once were and start thinking about who you are gonna be user

Those are the most basic thoughts to have on a subject such as this. Do you idiots honestly think OP has never tried to convince himself with that line of reasoning before? Christ, what worthless advice.

>inb4 you deflect by deriding me for not giving advice in turn
Fuck off, normalfag retards.

i know i laughed my ass off typing that because i knew how fucking stupid "dont worry about it" sounds

does killing minorities like going in a trannie rampage helps?

>how do i stop cringing at myself in the past

Always remind yourself that you're in no one's thoughts & even less so in their memories. No one cares about you nor your actions not matter how positive, negative or flat out embarrassing they were. You might has well have never existed and it would have had the same impact on their lives. Nothing.
Also stop feeding your ego like some vapid teenage girl and continue your non-existence like the rest of us shambling husks. How can you be cringy if you're barely an entity? Personally I'm going to start masturbating in public more.

Attached: 1552628080102.png (1920x1080, 67K)

Catch yourself and disrupt the thought when you start to fixate. Pinch the webbing between your thumb and index finger. Say aloud, "No." Imagine thick black ink spreading over the memory, blotting out all of it, erasing all the details.

Do this whenever you think of something cringey. Blot it out, stop thinking about it, and leave it dead and buried in the past.

Administer Class C or above amnestics?

cringe is social construct

don't beat yourself up about doing something because it was not accepted by normies

stop caring
>pic related

Attached: stopcaring.jpg (640x1006, 146K)

will try that senpai thx desu senpai desu

I realized recently this is actually a major problem and likely the root of many other issues I have. The tendency to fixate on negative self-evaluations related to a particular event, when constantly recurring, creates a powerful incentive to disengage and stop interacting at all with the outside world. Why would I want to keep doing anything at all outside when there's a significant likelihood it will lead me to torture myself with my thoughts?

This is the obvious part, and I'd expect anyone reading this to be thinking "no shit" right about now. The solution is less obvious, and I won't claim to have perfected it because I haven't, this is still a huge problem for me. But I think it involves in applying thoughts similar to what suggested, and realizing how little anyone gives a fuck about even what you perceive as your absolute worst fuckups. Perhaps even more important is stepping back and realizing that the "cringe" reaction you're feeling is entirely perception-based, and that while there may be some merit to changing a failed approach, you gain nothing from blowing a failure out of proportion and fixating on negativity. What we perceive is ultimately the product of the patterns we repeatedly engage in, so if we want to stop hating ourselves we need to stop acting like we hate ourselves all the time. Again, this seems like such obvious stuff, but I didn't realize its importance for years.

What cringe shit did you do I wanna laugh, I'll read this after I get off work you better not disappoint me cunt.

very good advice , thanks user

Just keep telling yourself no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

If you stop cringing at yourself in the past that means you aren't growing as a person.

I constantly do this too. I don't know if it's healthy or unhealthy to reflect this way

Attached: giphy (1).gif (375x211, 464K)

I'll tell you mine

>Be 17
>Go to Chad high school friends 18th birthday party
>He's constantly trying to get me laid and get me out of my shell
>Deep down know he keeps me around as his autismo friend that serves as a prop for jokes/ make him look better in contrast
>All the seniors are at his place getting wasted in his garden and hooking up
>People slipping into his basement to fug
>Dude bros make me drink 7 beers at once from a beer bong which wrecks my auschwitz mode body and I almost pass out in the grass and drag myself away to vomit
>Stacies and Chads laughing at me for puking up 3 litres of beer over some garden gnomes
>Chad bro decided I'd lose my virginity that night
>Chooses the biggest whore of our school and purposefully sweet talks her and gets her wasted
>She drunkenly agrees to let him and a few of his Chad bros to run a train on her

Attached: 1541219957569.png (883x881, 166K)

cringe at your present

Continued:

(Plan is to convince her to start with a three-way with him and his other Chad buddy in the dark cellar and I'd sneak in and take over when she isn't paying attention)

>Watch them head off into the house with the school slut
>Told to wait 10 minutes and follow
>Go down into basement and its pitch black
>Hear girl moaning and guys giggling
>OH SHIT this is happening
>Start to fondle and pinch penis to get a hard on
>Eyes slowly adjusting & Chad friend comes up and pats me on the back
>Whispers: user, she's bent over the sofa. Go up and fuck her from behind and he leaves
>Other Chad is slowly pumping her from behind
>Awkwardly wait behind him pinching my penis as he continues to fuck her
>Nervously tap him on shoulder whilst fondling my penis
>He pulls out and I look down at this girl half-passed out with her ass propped up the air by pillows
>Time to become a man, user!
>Take my now erect penis and awkwardly try to find the vagina
>Slip in but foreskin pulls back automatically
>Pull penis out again to pull foreskin forward because thats how I fap so thats how sex must work
>I continue to thrust awkwardly in the dark
>The light switches on and at the top of the stairs I see my Chad friends dad
>He looks at me with disgust and switches off the lights again
>I finish the deed

The next week I found out I got dick mushrooms

Attached: 1536377017270.jpg (370x699, 14K)

Look at it from a logical perspective and realise you did what you thought was best in the past and things could have been worse.

Also others have done worse

The only reason you're doing this to yourself is because you dislike yourself. But constantly throwing your failures in your own face is doing nothing to help you, and is in fact setting you up for more failure.

Of course, if a memory is really bothering you it might be worth going through it and seeing if there is something you could have done differently. There might be a lesson that needs to be learned. But if it is as I said, just constantly throwing failures in your face like an emotionally abusive wife/mother, then you need to address that in a different way.

Build up your own defense in your head i.e. stop throwing my failures in my face, this isn't helping. There are many ways you can argue your corner if you will, but you are basically putting up no defence to your inner woman, your anima (it's a Jungian concept, look it up if you want).

What the heck is dick mushrooms? And how is that cringe? It's more shameful than cringe.

quit dwelling upon your past actions as mistakes and use these memories of past embarrassing events as lessons on what to avoid doing. Life is a series of struggle and each struggle is a learning opportunity. If you simply dwell upon the negative feelings resulting from your actions you are destined for a life devoid of meaning user

there was an appointment with my teacher where i was supposed to come up with different scenarios to sell stuff, being a honey teenager i decided that i wanted to sell unbreakable condoms and advertise them by showing a mouse can't chew on it, teacher was like ???? and i still feel embarrassed thinking about it

Are you OP? That's pretty embarrassing

You just gotta let it go honestly user, I assure you everyone has shit in the past that they cringe about, but to be honest.
The past doesn't exist anymore, it's literally only something that we relive mentally in our heads, so just move past it.
It's not what you are anymore, you've moved past that stuff. Time to let it go.

Attached: 1554504633882.png (560x480, 73K)

Quit being a retard.
That's unironically the only good advice itt.
And why should he care? He's a robot, others should mean nothing to him.

He's literally just acting like an "bLaCk PiLlEd" edge lord.

That's literally the only advice to give about that.