/uni/ back to school edition

just got my first syllabus, it's written in broken engrish
an example
>If you miss 4 labs then automatically you are failed with the entire of CHEM course.
How the fuck is this guy teaching at the university level when he can't even write coherent English? Semester not off to a good start.
Anyways, uni thread.

Attached: pepescholar.png (727x682, 168K)

Hey! A uni thread. It has been a while. I was thinking of joining a club this semester and maybe talking to more people. I am stuck with a roommate because I signed up late for housing though.

Is your name Paul by chance

Zoomer starting math/cs in the fall. What should I keep in mind to make the most out of it? What should I avoid doing?

Attached: A3HFRtC.jpg (1124x1091, 120K)

I'm so glad I graduated this year. I did not make a single friend over the four years and talked to no one. It felt like a prison. I'm going to dental school now. I would probably kill myself if I had to go back to undergrad.

Going back in october for my third semester. My study is alright, not too many tards or normies after the first semester already. I havent made a single friend there and I basically feel disgusted by everyone on campus, but atleast they all fail and I do pretty okay. Its kinda fun seeing normies fail classes and bitching about the pensum, when really they are just lazy fucks who deserve to fail.

lot of professors arent there to teach and may be new to the country. my dad was an associate professor for a bit at a college and while he was really there to do research, the school wanted him to teach a class during each semester. he definitely got better as he went on but he had a lot of troubles at first. just another pov but good luck this semester op

Are you doing a double major, user? That will be tough, ngl. Maths is pretty fun, just make sure you really understand all the concepts cuz you will need them very often. I knew someone who basically gave up on his Maths Major because of Linear Algebra. He didnt take that course but lots of courses required you to understand the basics of that particular course, so yeah.

Starting my first year at the end of next month in a different country close by. I like what I'll be studying but still don't want to go really. Just gonna be so much effort being in a new environment. Might be alright I guess but might just try to work on myself while I'm there. Was thinking of trying to get into clubs but I feel like most people might just be fags who I'll have to be fake around.

>tfw I decided not to go back this semester
>the last time I wasn't in any school of some sort was back in 1999
>when I was 4

I was just going because I felt I had to and I fell for the "you'll be homeless if you don't go to college!" meme. Grades were on the scale of 'ok' to 'either you're retarded or you aren't trying'. Now I'll just be wagecucking until I find a reason to go back.

Attached: 785.png (232x193, 84K)

just graduated with stats and a cs minor here, hella jealous of everyone going back to school
The first year or two are probably gonna be pretty generic STEM stuff that you shouldn't have to worry a whole lot about. If you fuck up calc 3, phys 2, or chem 2, everybody does so don't sweat it. I pulled a heavily curved C in calc 3 and had a 4.0 in upper level math courses.
I'd prioritize getting a logic class from the math department (typically taught as some kind of proofs class or a fishy "intro to math" that's at the 300 level). That and linear algebra will be the backbone of most of the other stuff you do. CS typically teaches a few classes like the math logic (algorithms, discrete math) that are really just bastardized versions of the math stuff. They teach it much worse.
Would definitely avoid doing homework for other people, the amount of times I'd be asleep by 11 while my roommate pulls an all-nighter vaping and fixing this poor woman's homework was stupid. Be helpful, but don't do it for people.
Other than that just have fun, try not to be too much of a shut-in lol. Would also recommend against the suicidal bit I did

>cs
You won't get a job. This shit is fucking horrible. I have a fantastic GPA from UC Santa Cruz. No job one year out. Same for half of my friends.

see but if you also get a math degree then you can be a part of the data science meme

uni is annoying, you can never make any friends. the only way ive made friends is through lab partners/groups but most of the time im with an idiot for a partner.
i thought about joining clubs when all their stalls were out but when i got home i forgot about it and now am too lazy to pay to join.

>CS
>No job

Sounds like you and your friends are the problem, not your GPA. Not surprising on r9k tho. I'm at a no-name canadian university with an OK GPA and I've had no problem finding jobs.

heading to uni of iowa in january, any other hawkeyes in the thread? kinda worried cus they're not letting me do my housing application...

>Physical Geography lab next semester
What should I expect? I completely forgot about the theory.

Oh and also communication 101; hopefully I'll convince the professor that I want to finish this course early but I really don't know how..

>just graduated this year and transitioning into my job now
Wish me luck boys

>CS

I started out as a CS major and wound up switching to biology. While I love what I studied, the job search has been fucking awful. I deeply regret not sticking with CS, but I'll still do some programming in the meantime.

If you've never done any sort of programming before, know that it can be super frustrating. You will be banging your head against your desk, but once you're able to figure out the solution to whatever you're making, it feels fucking great. Definitely read relevant sections in the textbook prior to your lectures so that when your professor is discussing the material, it isn't the first time you're seeing it. But if you have programmed before, you'll be fine. Just be sure to always practice.

Also, don't listen to this guy .
As long as you
>get an internship
>are able to have a conversation with another person
>get involved in some open source projects
>build some personal side projects during your breaks that use various languages and frameworks
>network
>keep an active GitHub
You will be fine. If you're determined to work at a FAANG, then you'll need to grind leetcode a lot and memorize that shit. However, there are plenty of chill opportunities outside of SV that still pay well relative to the COL of that region.

And enjoy college. Join some clubs, make friends, and go party a bit too. It's gonna fly by real fucking quick. Also, don't start any CS projects the night before they're due, unless you enjoy having a bad time.

Im going to my last year of uni finally. Im so sick of that shit, just one more year

Attached: 1482585566400.jpg (472x460, 21K)

i go back saturday, super fucking excited. second year gang rise up, my apartment sounds fucking based too

How do my fellow math majors cope when things get rough? Sometimes I feel completely retarded or that math just isn't for me.
Don't skip classes, do your problem sets consistently, and most importantly do not fall behind. In my experience, its very hard to catch up after falling behind in a math class.

Attached: 1564738046936.jpg (1068x1200, 90K)

Going back to college at 27. Dropped out the first time due to undiagnosed ADHD. After getting treatment, I took a summer class this year (Software Design I) and fucking killed it, got top of the class with a 109. Weird feels. I'm excited, but terrified of failing again. Fall classes start tomorrow.

PSA for my younger /uni/ bros: If you have significant problems with motivation and procrastination, you may have an executive function disorder. If this is you, don't fucking sleep on it. You need to be proactive about figuring out what the problem is, or your potential will be severely limited. There is NOTHING more important in your life right now. Your executive functions literally affect everything you will ever try to accomplish.

If I had learned about ADHD at 18 instead of 25, my life might be very different right now. Don't be like me.

Attached: 1D3751F0-64DD-4555-80EE-9EF35E78BE80.jpg (722x1022, 160K)

Thinking of going back to uni to do a PhD but I don't have a clue what to do it on. My Master's was in Business & Management so it has to be related to that.

I live right next to Plymouth University btw and that's where I'll be going, in the off chance that anyone else goes there.

Attached: Plymouth-University-Logo-330px-wide.jpg (330x250, 22K)

There aren't too many normies at my school either

In my city, graduating in CS automatically gets you a high-tier job. The corporations here are all in contact with the universities, and even thhe retards get scooped up. This area is starved for graduates. The universities get funding from the state to produce more CA grads, and they can't meet their quotas.

does "treatment" mean you're taking speed now, dude?

Treatment means:
>I have read like 12 books + countless posts online in researching all this, and consulted a total of 5 mental health professionals
>I have learned a helluva lot about how my brain works with regards to motivation and focus
>I have made numerous changes to my environment to facilitate healthy behaviour
>I have developed in-depth organization systems to keep track of shit I need to get done
>I take 10mg of adderral every morning

Attached: A224A832-77D0-4EB7-A26B-00763DA9AF70.jpg (508x680, 197K)

I study philosophy and math at Stony Brook University. If any of you go there, add me on discord: pomoboi#9014

Attached: stony-brook-university_416x416 (1).jpg (416x416, 32K)

i learned i have adhd and still fucked up college. been on probabtion for 3 years and got dismissed twice
i'm joining the military now because i want out.
turing 24 soon

Just transferred to a significantly better uni and im diving straight into calc 3. Wish me luck bros.

>Going to start uni at 26 best case scenario
It's over for me, bros.

Attached: 7e584b3928363357006283d791351ec4.gif (636x360, 490K)

Ever watch Dr. Russel Barkley's lectures?

no and my adhd brain doesn't care enough to look him up

>his roommate did homework for someone
lmfao did he at least get paid in some way? The only time I helped someone at uni was my girlfriends and they had to give up pussy if they wanted me to write shit for them.

I'd love to hear about those books and organizational systems. I'm trying to get my shit together this upcoming semester
pic rel: current me

Attached: 1544847656753.jpg (700x307, 42K)

>FAANG
>not FAGMART (Facebook, Amazon/Apple, Google, Microsoft, Reddit, Twitter)

Have a routine, practice daily. Try to have fun with what you are learning. It will be a grind. Go to the gym. Talk to people even if you don't want to. Get to know professors and work with them. Apply for internships. Use MIT OCW. It's more important that you apply yourself, challenge yourself and learn something than get perfect grades. Grades aren't everything.

I went to a backwater state school is Mass, got a B.S. in CS (didn't even do that good) and got a job 6 months after graduating.

Attending a 1-year post-bacc program before I apply to med school.
It's weird. I feel old and out of place. I was already the oldest kid in my class, and I've already taken 2 "gap years." I'm gonna be taking freshman-level courses at college again. I'm gonna be around college freshmen again for the third time. Fuck me.

Attached: 1561315848843.jpg (250x240, 8K)

If you guys can answer one of these questions, I will consider hiring you. Position is 250k starting.

Attached: Interview.png (715x374, 25K)

>dean's list first year
>still haven't made a single aquaintance other than the one who got deployed or the one who dropped out unexpectedly
>fall semester starts in under 2 weeks
I'm nervous and I don't know why. I commute to class so I shouldn't feel like this. Considering doing girls' assignments for sexual favors. Might also try starting a fighting game club as the nearest local is in the city.

Attached: 1565305619947.jpg (480x468, 20K)

Swedebot here, going to start my masters in Italy this semester thanks to Erasmus. I am nervous as all fokken hell. If things go south, I can't run back to mommy :(

I have 3 weeks left until I submit some dumb report and my Master's is over and I CAN'T FUCKING WRITE IT the results don't make sense and my supervisor agrees

I wanna die I wanna die
Or at least use the Click remote to skip all this shit

Just pick 1. Only retards pick 1 which is why it'd be the best choice. I'll take the car now.

About to go into an exam that I did not study for at all. Well, uni is nearly over anyways. No regrets either way.

... okay that's actually correct but y-you didn't show any workings!

People who don't know me also say I'm just lazy.

That I study every single day at least 4-6 hours, visit all lectures, all group exercises and all tutor courses they refuse to believe cause it can't be that you prepare three months prior for math and physics and still fail, meanwhile Chad starts studying 2 weeks prior and passes with good grades.

>How do my fellow math majors cope when things get rough?
I browse Jow Forums. I should really find other coping mechanisms.

iktf user

>brother 6 years younger will be going to uni before me

what your experiences with clubs? i am starting my final year soon and have made zero friends or girlfriend despite going out a lot. Thinking of joining a gaming club this year to hopefully change that.

Sorry for being so late, I fell asleep. No. It is Nathaniel.

>gaming club
>meeting women

fucking lmao.

My first year was worryingly easy. I always studied the day before the test and my lowest score was 68%. All of our tests are 20 multiple choice questions fitting for a highschool quiz, is anyone elses university like this?

Attached: 0359A368-8C3B-44CC-99D6-7C710DCA0C4B.jpg (680x670, 50K)

Yeah our tests are like that too. Where do study user?

Mine were pretty easy. I never studied and I am in my third year but apparently this is where stuff gets rough.

>going back to community college at 32
>I have a worthless BA
>Going to try and get a BS in forestry or soil science.

Uhh for #3 is 7^2n different ways close for the first part

How to kill self while making it look like an accident? I can't think of anything, maybe a particular drug/combination to make my heart fuck up, will they be able to tell? Smart anons, and especially pharmacy anons, halp

We only have open questions. I lucked out in that my classmates always posted past years tests and useful links for lectures in group chat, so i knew about what was gonna be on almost every test, even tho i don't talk to them. But man, i wish we had closed tests like this.

mine actually aren't that bad. barely harder than highschool

mine has a couple girls but they're kinda ugly

>>If you miss 4 labs then automatically you are failed with the entire of CHEM course.
The autist in me interprets this as meaning if I miss 4 labs then everyone in the class fails, kek.
Could be good motivation to go to lab. Like pretend you are a secret superhero and everyone passing depends on you to go to lab.

>senior year
>still no internship
>still no friends
>still no gf

damn i really fucked this one up huh

I'm going back to uni as a 30 year old and it's horrifying.
People always assume I am much younger and talk to me easily and EVERY TIME when they find out my real age there is like this prolonged moment of surprise and uncomfortable silence.

some asshole would miss class just to fail everybody

>have no funding for school
>no scholarships
>try to think of a way to get scholarships
>"oh i will just get on the honor roll this semester"
>look up how many people were on honor roll last semester
>6,934
wtf bros

Meditate a lot

I got a degree in Accounting with a pretty decent GPA.
Looked for jobs and all the entry levels were 1+ year experience...

I'm 30 years old and am starting a post bacc medical lab science program. I know that feel. Although the youngest will be 21/22 and not 18, but its basically the same zoomer shit anyway.

It is likely the children of your peers who were Chads, Brads, Stacys, and the people who pulled themselves up by their bootstraps will not survive/thrive or will be uprooted by the future major climate/environmental/and resource crises. A autistic neets only hope is to get a good education to perform a necessary skill ie medicine so the rich and the military will take us with them to their dome/underground/mountain top bunkers. Otherwise we will not have to worry about the future of our kids at least since we definitely will not have any if we our left in the turmoil

Attached: DEAFFCC4-9B21-40B5-B2C2-C70B5857E324.jpg (500x375, 16K)

Just lie about it then

I did that before for a whole year when I was 27.
It's not a good idea.

im a business major going into my senior year

i fucked up and dont have an internship yet, mainly because nobody ever told me what the fuck to do in collge. ive been going through 3 years blind

how likely am i to get an internship during my senior year, and am i fucked if i graduate without one?

note: i live in a booming business area (atlanta) and from what ive heard i could easily snag an entry business job with no experience but im stressing about an internship

Attached: 1564373467082.jpg (194x259, 6K)