I wish there was a girl who liked Tolkien as much as I did

I wish there was a girl who liked Tolkien as much as I did

Attached: 58789788-02E9-4239-A673-00F5558BE0C7.jpg (1280x704, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bUUPmFbUhWw&t=
discord
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>did
Why don't you like Tolkien anymore?

I still love the man and his works, but reading his books or watching the movies makes me sad these days, I want to regain the wonder I once had

It will never be the same again all you can do now is look for the same high on other works.

Find a good Catholic girl who likes reading. Most of them obsess over Tolkien because of the Christian influence in his books

lots of basic bitches around the world love lord of the rings, just go for fiction-obsessed "nerd" girls you big fat normie fag

i wish i didn't have such fucking niche interests that none of my friends share

I don't think anything in the world can make me feel like reading lord of the rings for the first or tenth time did, I remember in highs school I'd write almost entire essays on why certain characters did certain things, it impacted my life so much.

I'd love to do that, sadly the only church nearby is Protestant, and I don't want to taint myself.

This is indeed the truth

Attached: 20190615_103626.png (491x655, 428K)

I wish i had a girl that was into John Coltrane as much as me

how much do you like tolkien OP
have you read all of his works
do you know the chronology of his setting
have you dutifully studied his notes, maps and additional worldbuilding content
what's your opinion on jackson's film adaptations? how about the OG animated films?
I adore Tolkien but it's considered basic bitch fantasy among my circle of grognard tabletop playing friends so I never get to talk about it.

Attached: hurin.jpg (946x1600, 1.63M)

Yes to everything, I love Tolkien, I've even read his translations, and I've read every book many times at least 5, except the fall of Gondolin, but I'll get around to that eventually.

I have the same problem with my friends, they think Tolkien is basic, too black and white, they're fools, really. The moment someone tells me that GoT is LotR for adults, I get nauseous.

Martin is a competent writer, but I vastly prefer Tolkien's tone and message. It's really refreshing to hear from someone that genuinely appreciates his work. Do you have a favorite book or story? Favorite character?

Attached: maglor.jpg (756x600, 75K)

I've never called Martin a bad writer, I enjoyed his books, I just abhor his fan base, who undermine LotR because the characters in it aren't as complex, so they say, but they've most likely never even read the book.

The Children of Hurin, I love that book, Turin is such an awesome character, and the tragedy in the book feels too real.

As for favorite characters I have too many to just choose one, Turin, Elendil, Radagast, Treebeard, merry and pippin, SAMWISE! I could go on for days haha, there are very few characters I dislike, but the ones listed are definitely big influences on me.

What about you?

Fair enough. I've been very fortunate to not personally know any die-hard Martin fans. I can't believe that anyone could read LotR cover to cover and not love it, let alone compare it so negatively to other fantasy.
I'm a sucker for the Unfinished Tales of Numenor and Middle-earth. It's so fucking interesting to see what content Tolkien didn't intend to make it into his other works, while still being so cohesive.
Samwise is easily my favorite character throughout all of his books. There's a power gap there, with probably half of the characters in the Silmarillion tying after that. Having such a wholesome and loyal character is an amazing contrast and narrative device. There aren't enough genuine heroes in fiction, and Tolkien really outdid himself in writing one of the best.

Do you have any complaints about Tolkien's works? Anything you wish that he had done differently, or added to?

Attached: 1469378428820.jpg (1200x941, 217K)

They exist, they just don't want to be with your shitty ass.

sorta unrelated, but is my gmod vid based or cringe

youtube.com/watch?v=bUUPmFbUhWw&t=
z

Exactly! I love Samwise, in my opinion he's the perfect hero, can't go wrong with him.

I love numenor myself, especially the cause of its downfall, that's why I'm a bit apprehensive about the new amazon series which is going to be centered around numenor, but the Tolkien estate was granted the right to veto anything they'd like so there's that comfort, im genuinely excited for once.

My only complaint about Tolkien's work is that the man died too soon, think about what he could've written with just an extra ten years..

It's been good talking OP, thanks for the refreshing conversation. I have to get some sleep.

Attached: 1469380202697.jpg (1024x768, 297K)

I'm a girl and I was obsessed with Tolkien in high school.
Exactly how I feel. I won't bother reading or watching it again
I wouldnt have the same amount of wonder because of my more bitterness about life and lowered attention span. Not to mention I hate who I was when I was into it. Greasy naive nerd that looked like a serial killer. Nowhere near the stacy lite I am now.
I'm very lonely and depressed right now. My first and only relationship started because of playful gollum ""roleplay"".
I'm not the person I was when I was obsessed with Tolkien and had a thirst for knowledge. I'm broken. I know what true loneliness is. I am a lot girlier with my aesthetic. I dont value intellect as much. I'm not an anglophile anymore. I realize that I'm not special and that boring is okay sometimes.
I remember being 17 and reading the books during class. Then the month looked forward to watching the next movie everyday with my parents. Then I would look forward to playing Lego lotr on my shitty laptop.
Remember thinking how it's basically what pioneered modern fantasy. Remember thinking that my future husband HAS to love lotr.
Its nice to have someone with similar interests but you should be able to get along on other means for it to work.
This thread was probably bait but thanks for reading my blog.

Ahh, seeing this points takes me back to high school when I had a crush on a chick that liked LOTR and was a huge weeb. Looking back she was pretty basic and the stereotypical "hehe, xd I'm such a nerd" type girls. Really ain't that much of a deal.

I know a girl who's obsessed with Tolkien and also basically a Nazi

Attached: 1565931167625.jpg (900x856, 856K)

Fun and friendly Jow Forums discord server, join now for good times!

discord
.gg/Mqe36gm

Attached: 419MWKcXNrL.jpg (500x281, 26K)

OP still thinks girls are humans

It's not bait, but I understand you a bit, and deep down I'm still the greasy nerd that'd make people cringe when I'd attempt to speak Quenya, every day I wish I could go back to those days, the days where I'd walk in the forest outside my home barefooted like an idiot pretending to be a hobbit.

I want a nerdy Christian girl, not a Nazi user.

Aren't they essentially synonyms?

No point in arguing with a fool