Anybody also have high blood pressure? What medication are you taking for it?

Anybody also have high blood pressure? What medication are you taking for it?
>pic mildly related

Attached: 1-4.png (755x397, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-11207/metoprolol-tartrate-oral/details
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do you have high blood pressure

>Why do you have high blood pressure
drug abuse.

Attached: 1565945469190.jpg (750x855, 492K)

I had it in the past but seems like it went away after I changed my diet
though one weird thing that happened was I had heart palpitations and thought my blood pressure was extremely high but I measured it and it was way too low

i have low blood pressure, i literally can just faint whenever i want

I have low blood pressure. It used to be much worse and I'd randomly faint during the day. I just started adding salt to my food and it's not so bad now.

I have fainting spells and erratic hypertension, best double bundle ever. Also a stroke last year out of fucking nowhere. I avoid caffeine like the devil now.

>had a stroke
user, are you sure? Strokes would either mean you're dead, or you're significantly impaired, like "unable to speak properly" impaired.

Attached: blood pressure readings chart.jpg (554x370, 122K)

Yes, I had aphasia that lasted seven months.

Also that's not necessarily true since TIAs happen all the time and usually have no residual side effects. Mini strokes still qualify.

>Mini strokes still qualify.
Aren't mini-strokes an old people thing though?

I have had some weird shit happen to me and I'm pretty sure my cardiovascular system is completely fucked. There were a few days I'd get tachycardia and my blood pressure would go way up and id start feeling about to faint and a ton of mental confusion, then it would go on for half an hour and I'd recover. I still think about it from time to time.

>aphasia for months
wtf, did you go to speech therapy to fix it? Please explain what happened.

Attached: 1565942920014.png (598x540, 550K)

Generally young people don't need to worry about them but I've already had quite a few... Episodes. The common features are confusion, difficulty speaking properly, and one half of my face going numb, which usually goes away in under half an hour. More severe episodes give me a feeling of weakness, even vertigo. That's how I felt when the big one hit, collapsed on the floor for a bit. And no, my family has no medical insurance. I retrained my brain with mnemonic devices, typing, and musical connections. I could understand things perfectly fine, but my active vocabulary was very limited.

>but I've already had quite a few... Episodes
So you've had many mini-strokes? Did you do an MRI? How do you know they were mini-strokes and not something else? Did they make you cognitively impaired? Is confusion the most prominent symptom of it? Because if so, abusing Vyvanse must have given me that more than once. I'm worried because I had an incident with Ritalin and since then I've switched to Vyvanse but a few times my BP will go to 14/10 and I'll just have this huge confusion couples with headaches and dizziness. There's no way in hell I can ever take Ritalin again so I've been precribed Vyvanse instead alongside my Benicar (Olmesartan) but I'll get these blood pressure surges that will leave me confused with words etc. It's really strange. I've also had chest pain before.

Attached: 1564869997629.jpg (640x360, 36K)

I'm actually on the lower on end of both blood pressure and heart bests per minute

Attached: C672F87C-0210-49A7-8E65-C89314DC70D0.jpg (756x1008, 544K)

MRI showed mild frontal lobe dysfunction from repeated episodes and some very slight damage. Thing about mini strokes tho is MRIs aren't always very effective because most of the time there's little to no obvious damage. Just a few seconds of lack of blood supply is all it takes. The problem however is differentiating symptoms of a TIA from a full blown stroke because they often look identical which is why it's recommended to get treatment asap. One is maybe a day of medical bedrest, the other one can kill you. Lol

Attached: 1565893079590.jpg (1920x1541, 126K)

How and why did you get the mini-strokes, how many times did they happen and what were the symptoms like? Did you do speech therapy? Do you have heart problems? How do I know if I've had a TIA and should I worry about it?

Attached: 1565934266129.png (677x1916, 1.55M)

For me I'm almost certain it was a combo of caffeine, severe anxiety, and mild exercise. In every case I was evaluated those were the common variables. Turns out more than two cups of coffee is REALLY BAD if I'm doing cardio of any kind. Also I have a genetic vascular condition that means I'm a lot more susceptible to things like arterial tears but this wasn't common knowledge until after the "big one" when doctors finally caught on. Go figure.
If you have anxiety you're going to think you're having a stroke at any moment. Lmao. That still happens even to me. The important issues yo look for are in the strijey acronym FAST. three or more=it's not in your head, get attention ASAP. Otherwise don't waste your money on pointless ER visits like i did.

I think I had a minor stroke then because there was a day I was in a shopping mall a few days after an incident I had with propanolol and Ritalin. I was in the mall eating and suddenly I noticed a tachycardia and I checked my pulse and it was racing for no reason, I walked and then I started feeling really weird and then everything started going black (tunnel vision), and I started fainting and I couldn't stand up. I fell onto the ground. I couldn't stand, I lost all my balance and I fell onto the floor. The paramedics came and helped me, put me on a wheelchair and I waited in the paramedics room until they took me into the hospital. I waited there for something like 20 minutes. If i remember correctly they measured my blood pressure and it was in the 14/10 range. When I got to the hospital they just did an ECG and did nothing. Now that I think about it I don't think they took my case very seriously.

Attached: 1565216232398m.jpg (1024x424, 46K)

How bad is having episodes of 240~bpm heart rate should meds be fine to take care of it or should be calling ambulance at that point?

Holy shit dude. That's eerily similar to what I had happen to me. I hope you have good medical insurance.

Are you the same guy I was talking to who had the stroke?

240? Are you talking resting heart rate or what because Jesus Christ user

Oh yeah I should've clarified that sorry. Same guy.

Oh shit, what should I do? Did you have the same thing as I did? Did you get tunnel vision, faint and stumble onto the ground? This was what happened to me but I didn't feel any differently brainwise after that. You had speech problems after that happened to you, right? How worried should I be? What should I do? Should I quit caffeine and Vyvanse forever?

I really want to know what your TIA experience was like and what happened. Please tell me.

Attached: 1562807733025.jpg (449x336, 22K)

No it would elevate 170-180 but sometimes it would spike up to 200+ usually only whem exercising but it has happened a few times when being very exited or nervous(anxious). Resting heart rate is normal but when i got diagnosed with tachycardia i had 110 HR and even though i mentioned the 200+bpm episodes they said just to take meds and they sent me out. I'm not sure of the doctor though that wasn't serious and said i should be fine exercising. Should i see another doctor?

What meds are you on right now?

I wouldn't say quit caffeine completely but definitely cut back and yes, the main difference is I think I had a much more severe stroke episode because of my arterial fragility. You recovered pretty well, whereas I lost 95% of my vocabulary in a matter of ten minutes. I think you should try to be as healthy as possible. Losing weight reduces risk of cardiovascular complications a lot. The irony here is I'm skinny as a board but hey...just my luck eh?
I'll probably be back later but don't worry too much, crazy though that sounds. You weren't born with VEDS. Gonna get some sleep now. I'll use a trip next time we chat so you know it's me specifically. TIAnon. Bye for now!

>You recovered pretty well, whereas I lost 95% of my vocabulary in a matter of ten minutes.
wtf lmao. I got pretty confused when that happened but it wasn't nearly like that.

Ok, TIAnon see you later.

Attached: 1563676205366.jpg (960x674, 63K)

webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-11207/metoprolol-tartrate-oral/details

Also have low 130s high 120s bp used to be in the 150s before i cut down on sodium , how fucked am I ?

Start eating well and exercising EVERYDAY and you'll probably start feeling better. That's at least what I am going to be doing.

Attached: 1565947620086.jpg (1920x1080, 219K)

>used to be in the 150s
Holy shit, user. That's fucked. And maybe you should consider taking some other medicine instead of a betablocker. Angiotensin antagonists are better alternatives than beta-blockers.

I lift and eat well but I'm scared of cardio ever since i found out i had tachycardia. I always sucked at cardio since my heart rate would spike up and had to rest until it returned to normal now i just just go for walks instead of jogging/running such is life.

Yea it sucks im in early 20s I was planning on becoming an army ranger , i was able to 80+ pushup/situps in under 2 mins so perfect score besides my running which needed work but turns i sucked at running because my heart can't keep up and that's when i found out i had high bp and tachycardia. Got depressed for a bit after all this but I'm getting over it.

I have anxiety issues that fuck up my pulse at times. It gets to the point where I get worried about getting an actual heart condition. Everyone else doesn't believe me and think it's for older people only (mfw I hear that stupid shit). Fuck those guys and their stupid ego culture.

Attached: 1565419010738.jpg (800x685, 84K)

you could bike

I dont know maybe i do. What are signs of high blood pressure? I heard that if socks leave dents in your leg at the end of the day that could be a sign and this happens to me. Huge dents that slowly dissapear in a few hours

The medication I take for high blood pressure is called exercise.