Constant chatter about nothing at all

I cant stand this age of instant communication. People expect you to be on your phone legit 24 hours a day. I just want to put the phone down and do things without having to answer a text or a phone call every five minutes. I wish I lived back in the 90s before smart phones were a thing. and if you wanted to talk to someone you had to call their house and if they didnt answer you didnt throw a fit about it.

Why was society so easily manipulated into this instant gratification mentality? We have no patience and waste our time with our faces in a screen. It legit makes me crazy.

Attached: gaia.jpg (1024x768, 232K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_social_media
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he says, while typing a post on Jow Forums

im not morally obligated to reply to anyone here, nor does anyone hassle me about not replying. This is a conscious choice I make to be here. And I could wait hours for someone to respond to a post, and if they dont I just move on and make a new thread.
Its the same but its different, you're not expected to be on Jow Forums.

We've been manipulated into it because our ape brains enjoy dopamine, and Unicode characters on a screen above a number with likes replaces our need for pack interaction without the stress of looking into someone's face.

Reminds me that I haven't responded to some people that texted back for a few days. I'm the cause of my loneliness since they assume me not responding or logging back is me ghosting them, which I guess it is. I just don't feel like talking okay.

>implying you use social media
faggot

This retarded board is social media, retard

no it's not, retard
there are no likes or dislikes or upvote/downvote system
everyone is anonymous
how is this social media?

The problem is with you. Most people aren't expected to be on the phone 24 hours a day. Most people on this fucking website don't even have anyone texting them or calling them in the first place, and you don't see them complaining about being lonely.
Drop the people who pester you 24/7, tell them to cut that fucking shit off because they aren't normal either, change jobs if you have to, and stfu.

This must be the stupidest post I have ever read anywhere please kys

I agree OP. social media is all designed to manipulate and control us. I think about throwing my cellphone into a lake and just getting rid of my computer and going back to the basics. no electronics just books and find ways to entertain myself for at least a couple years to re wire my brain.

there is no social aspect to Jow Forums and there are no profiles
you are a massive brainlet

>Jow Forums is social media
retard detected

Attached: d97.png (1350x227, 107K)

why do you think that people shit post and bait? getting (you)'s is just like a thot getting instagram likes. it give you a little dopamine rush.

that still doesn't make Jow Forums social media

dude..How can you not connect the dots that on this website, Jow Forums, we are socializing with media, pictures, in real time? This post is owned by me and im sharing it with you.

I cant put it in any more clear words or else id be repeating myself. any website where ideas and words are shared IS social media.

Attached: me in social situations.png (303x311, 178K)

the profile is YOU! As an anonymous individual you become the profile. Its how people are recognized here. especially tripfags.

>unicode characters
>he wasn't around when ISO/IEC 646 was the standard
get off my fucking internet

Attached: 1533326747242.png (1106x866, 1.23M)

> any website where ideas and words are shared IS social media.
Jow Forums does not have many/most of the things that every other social media has, and so it is not social media (pic related)
that isn't a profile

>any website where ideas and words are shared IS social media.
this isn't true in the technical sense. you could loosely claim that as a fact, but technically, it's incorrect.

goddam hit forgot the picture

Attached: Capture.png (912x71, 6K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_social_media
ctrl+f Jow Forums

please explain how it is technically incorrect.

that page looks like it was created explicitly for 2chan and Jow Forums

>iT's oN A LiSt On wIkIpEdIa sO iT hAs To bE tRuE

Attached: 1564553895853.jpg (544x544, 116K)

Nigger, we in here socializing as we speak are you blind?

rather it is a social media site or not is besides the point.