I unironically believe that transhumanism is the only way to improve drastically one's quality of life and reach a...

I unironically believe that transhumanism is the only way to improve drastically one's quality of life and reach a significant progress in terms of human-society relationships. I also view technological betterment of human body as the only goal worth pursuing and am looking forward to it. Now I want to hear you out, is there anything wrong with this kind of mindset? Am I fundamentally wrong at any point?

Attached: wx1080.jpg (1080x720, 171K)

It'll be great for an individual, sure, but the genetically gifted are still going to be the ones with the best lives. That fact is immutable. Unless people figure out how to perfect humans by manipulating them on a genetic level, life's always goign to suck for most people. Walking around looking like Cyborg isn't going to fix much outside of disabilities.

>qualiity of life

Attached: 151376625.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

If this is the first time in your life that you're hearing that term, you're too young to be posting on Jow Forums.

sounds great on paper but knowing the nature of humans it will end in an absolute desaster

I welcome the ideas but I am afraid that if anything it is going to increase the social differences. Better eyes, limbs, brain implants for the rich so they can superbully the rest od the masses.

Genetic factors become much less important in a world that has embraced transhumanism. The bigger issue is one that we still need to work out: Class stratification.

Only the rich will have access at first, and that provides them with a direct, physical benefit above those of the lower classes. Imagine how awful a millionaire gigachad would be.

It's being packaged as the next step in human evolution but really it's just a tool for control and enslavement. I'm thinking of the robotisizer from the sonic underground TV show. Replace our parts with technology and the gov can use 5g to control us remotely. If your social credit score drops significantly they could shut down your whole body within seconds for example

you make me sick
absolutely disgusting

>Genetic factors become much less important in a world that has embraced transhumanism
I don't believe this is the case. I think it's the exact opposite. Even now, no one sees someone born with no legs scooting around in a motorized wheelchair and thinks "Oh he's exactly like everyone else. The no legs thing isn't even a issue."

It just makes the able-bodied even more aware of their privilege.

Someone will always be controlling the production and distribution of artificial body parts. If we ever reach cyberbrains, someone will always have a back door into your very mind. At this point I cannot see transhumanism as anything but an ideology that will be pushed by technocrats for their own benefit

We're on the verge of prosthetics being more energy efficient and powerful than good old flesh and bone. Once we cross that line, "able-bodied" becomes a MUCH more broad category. Especially as the cost of these technologies go down.

>Someone will always be controlling the production and distribution of artificial body parts.

Not true. Just like we've seen with pretty much every technology so far, there will be a hobbyist and DIY subculture. If you're worried about someone having backdoor access to your enhancements, then build your own, or buy from retailers that don't have backdoors installed.

>then build your own, or buy from retailers that don't have backdoors installed.
based on current purchasing habits, nothing would change

I'm tired.

I see a lot of Luddites here and some have good points at face value about the exchange of a primitive lifestyle for our modern one. Life was hard for many in the past and hard for many now but these hardships were different. However, I think that in our technological accentuation we can finally transcend our history of suffering making all the hardships worth it for those alive to see it, the way subsistence could never achieve.

Not OP but I consider genetically engineering your own body in your lifetime a part of trans-humanism. If not sufficient trans-human life extension/death prevention might keep you alive long enough for this to become a reality. I think conventional tech and genetic tools will work increasingly together and complement each over. You could keep replacing ageing body parts but at some point the technological path of least resistance favors a biological solution.

Just build mindless robots what would be the point of wage slaves? I think Trans-humanism on that level is concurrent with post scarcity unless explored in a scifi setting.

On GigaChads, it may be unfair but I'm also not for pulling down the tall poppies as we rely in this society on wealthy entrepreneurs, innovators and early adopters to make technology accessible for the public. The opposite to individuals excelling beyond the human rabble would be some perfect socialized program developing but prohibiting great trans-humanism until it was ready for mass adoption. This goes against current market and social forces and could possibly only work with 'gay luxury fully automated post scarcity space communism' which I don't see as particularly likely in the near future and may itself be dependent to a large extent on trans-humanism. In reality these things will probably continue as they have without massive technological leaps that would leave the populace far behind some dominating factor that could leverage the sudden advantage.

you bunch of virgin incels are forgetting the very possibility of feeling the moist wonder that is the female vagina
no thanks, I'd rather keep as many senses as I can

Why would these things have external controls? Surely it would be desirable for these 'bionics' to be a totally closed system. Even neural implants need be no more invasive than some advanced internet access projected in the eye, about as worrying as being body hacked by your phone. Furthermore, if trans-humanism comes packaged with increases in intelligence with a likely combined genetic approach then I'm sure people will clue on to any unsafe practice and presumably take it more seriously than they do for their Google Home device being their own body and all.

it's not like they don't already do that

Were looking at the positives here user, I'm sure you could imagine infinite 'more man than machine' abortive SciFi dystopia. However, the reality is its not relay desirable trans-humanism if its a downgrade, we want to have our bionics and eat genetically modified super babe pussy too while bumping 500+ IQ heads.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep. I don't know how fast this board moves but I'll check the archive. Your not allowed to disagree with me while I'm gone tho and if you do your wrong.

There is nothing wrong with it but there are a lot of problems to overcome.

First one is "ethics". For some stupid fucking reason people are worried about playing "god". They see it as unnatural. For fucks sake people still have problems with getting tattoos. As if mankind hasn't already defied the fuck out of nature though. This normally wouldn't be a problem but these morons unfortunately have seats in power.

Second one is price. These augmentations would be extremely fucking expensive. It would literally costs and arm and a leg. (lol) Only the rich would be able to afford them. They would then proceed to abuse this power like they always do, creating an even bigger power gap between the rich and the poor.

Third one is testing. These augmentations have to be wired to your brain to be used. There aren't enough handicapped people in the world to do testing fast enough to get this stuff ready for the next 50 years. Also the general public disinterest. People would rather spend their money on stuff that prepares them for the "afterlife" rather than technology that can extend life.

No.

Oregano oregano pasta oregano

Attached: 20190818_105705.jpg (1209x1522, 925K)