Have you ever dealt with drug addiction?

if so what drug and how severe was it?

Attached: artie-lange_2800.jpg (2048x1672, 384K)

All benzos. In particular, Xanax.
Right now, I take a lot of Kratom, but I don't know what to really consider it. Poor man's opioids.

Alcoholism. Ot was pretty bad but I just stopped one day and I've been clean for awhile now

I wanna say weed but... pic related

Attached: bvbkjsfdgdfscgkjdsxfg.gif (250x198, 1.45M)

I would rather people do Kratom then suboxone

damn he's a mess. did howard stern exploit him?

>benzos. In particular, Xanax
that was the only one I took big doses of all day every day for years. well that and weed.
there were other things in the mix but benzos just calm me down and let me smoke the day away. years of NEET life.
I can't do that anymore because I've got to be working. fortunately benzos don't do long term damage. I'm stupid now but I started stupid so no harm there.

Attached: chipsX.jpg (736x950, 114K)

Alcohol almost killed me. Real late stages shit.
Now I'm addicted to amphetamines. But the downward spiral is still some time away.

ive on methadone and i can say kratom is useless when you are addictet. even when you are sober kratom is a useless shit

i was an opiate addict for years. did oxycodones for a while because i was getting a prescription from a scummy doctor, then when he cut me off i went on to heroin. i overdosed and almost died, haven't touched it since.

Good thread. There's not enough addict threads here.

Ages 18-24: During this time I was smoking and vaping about 5-7g of weed per week and drinking 10-30 shots per week, though I once made it up to 70 shots per week at my peak (for just a few months). I did cocaine about 30 times times, snorted amphetamines and meth probably 50 times, abused prescription painkillers about 50 times times, and did black tar heroin about a dozen times. I got super high on ketamine maybe 5 times and DXM probably 30 times. I regularly heavily abused benzos and Ambien, frequently combining it with large amounts of alcohol... that combo damn near killed me. I also had a year-long binge on phenibut. Most of all, I absolutely loved psychedelics. During this 6 years span I probably tripped, conservatively, about 300 times. It was a mix of LSD, shrooms, mescaline, salvia, DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, 2C-B, and other research chemicals. I had a number of overdoses but never went to the hospital.

Ages 25-32: Toning down. I stopped smoking weed but started vaping 14-20g a week, plus 1-2g of dabs a week. I also used 25g of good kratom a day for about 18 months. I popped a klonopin maybe every 1-2 days and got drunk once a week.

Ages 33-34: I finally accepted I was an addict and quit all drugs. My life has improved. I attended a few meetings but never went full-on NA/AA, though I agree with a lot of what they say. Got married, working at a good job, and I have a decent life. However, I lost a lot of time and have mild to moderate diagnosed PTSD from all the crazy adventures I had while high (and my numerous overdoses).

Kratom feels like it's nothing because you're on methadone, bro. Your tolerance is through the roof.

If you don't have much of an opiate tolerance then it will get you high. If you're addicted to like, hydrocodone or a small amount of oxycodone, it'll give you a buzz and/or take away the WD.

A lot of people buy shit kratom, too. And a lot of people either don't use enough or don't take it on a super empty stomach. Your stomach must be REALLY empty or it won't work!

ive tryed it also when i was sober.maybe that for me it doesnt work but i have no high opinion on that shit. maybe i have shit kratom i dont know. but for people where it works its fine

i will try it next time with really empty stomach. thx 4 the tipp

Also buy the good shit online. The stuff you get at head shops in bunk bullshit. Go with a red instead of a green or white. I like red Bali the best.

>cocaine
>every day without pause

worked full time throughout it. loss of family members and fully sealed my distancing from my family. im clean 2 years as of last november so 3 years coming shortly

would get piss drunk and at 10 pm at night decide to drive an hour to pick up an 8ball for myself just for that night. last time i did drugs snorted MDA laced with meth because i was betrayed. never did drugs since

>mfw was awake for 5 days and hyper omega depressed for 2 weeks after meth
>mfw quit drugs cold turkey no problem but cant stop drinking

my choice drug is alcohol and i will never give it up until the day i die

Attached: 1562111117551.jpg (235x250, 5K)

ok. doesnt know that the colour are make a different

I'm addicted to vaping thc concentrate. laugh at me all you want, I spend so much money on this shit and normal weed gives me a crazy headache now. DON'T TOUCH THAT SHIT. IT'S BASALLY HEROIN.

Y'all need to eat some shrooms, that shit will unfuck you right quick. Worst case scenario you have a bad trip and don't get addicted to anything else, but it'll probably help honestly.

artie got metoo'd by stern

I still don't understand why people get addicted to cocaine when meth exists. A similar, and honestly better high for a tiny fraction of the cost.

also meth saved your life fuckin kek

Alcoholic. Got the DT's once over a family Christmas where I was too proud to be drunk. It's sort of like a DMT trip but with more flailing and feeling shittier.
Also ended up in the mental ward for a week after mixing booze and benzos, blacking out, and doing ??? afterwards. Can't recommend.
I still turn to drink to deal with stress. Luckily my life is less stressful than then.

Heroin opiates
Would be a stimmulant addict but i can't handle upprs without some landling gear, preferably heroin to prevent anxiety and jitters from driving me insane.
So due to money restrictions all I can do is try to stay well on h as often as possible
Stim of choice is coke if it's good but I've never had meth
I hear it's the most addictive shit on Earth
I would never try it or di any stim if i didn't have ample amounts of heroin though to mix with it
Idk how people do it otherwise
I hate alcohol and never drink btw

I'm 34 days clean from opiates, last doc was kratom for a long ass time..
I've been taking kratom and other opiates (no dope) for over 4 years.
The physical withdrawals were like a week, I still have mental withdrawals and my dopamine system is messed up.
I fucking hate how it kills all motivation snd feeling and I havent done shit during my addiction. I've had months clean but relapsed.
Now I'm trying to start working out and eating healthy also nofap.

Careful with kratom it can have very deep claws

Attached: 1541237586568.jpg (793x786, 54K)

Sorry to hear that. I was in your shoes a couple years ago.

If you're doing a lot of kratom for a long time, quitting can be a real bitch. Now, at this point, some H junkie is going to come in and say it's nothing, but it's still surprisingly tough.

Good luck. It gets better, but it takes a long time. Be very, very, very patient.

Venlafaxine, the brain zap withdrawal effect lasted 7 or so months. Pure.fucking.horror.

For me it was 4 years of weed everyday every hour I finally stopped a couple of months ago

Was a Heroin/opioid junkie for 3 years. I used to nod out in front of the computer, sometimes with my hands still pressing keys on the keyboard. But I still managed to work and go to school during most of that time.
It got bad enough that it took a week in the ICU and my parents finding me having a seizure on the floor to quit. In a way, I got extremely lucky because I was unconscious/hallucinating through most of the withdrawal (although I had gone through WDs in the past).
That will be two years ago this fall. Since then, I haven't been too tempted to relapse, despite often feeling nostalgic for the opiate feeling. I think the reward system in my brain is finally returning to normal. Still, it feels a bit sad to think of living the rest of my life without the amazing feeling of the opiate high. Somehow it actually helps me to think that there is a possibility that someday in the distant future I will go back to it. But not for a long, long time.

Good to hear you are doing better. You are spot on with the fact that it kills all motivation. I went from an all A student to failing numerous college classes when my addiction began to spiral out of control. Keep working out--it definitely helps.

Attached: 1566177015624.gif (500x373, 1020K)

I hate addict defenders.
>it's not their fault!!!
or
>it's a disease!!!
These fuckers and those who defend will do mental gymnastics all day to justify their degenerate behavior.

How about those who have to take meds and get addicted, as the medications have such properties?
Also, pointing and accusing people in a rough patch is fucking psychopath-tier.

Wow, you must be an absolutely upstanding person in every way with no personal flaws. I bet you're a true pillar of the community, and your friends and family are happy you're in their lives. Right?

BTW, I first got addicted because I got an auto-immune disease and was in chronic pain.

Seems like a lot of people moralize because (i) they need to kick someone when they're down to feel better about themselves, and (ii) they have misplaced feelings of envy that they missed out on "partying." If it makes you feel better, you didn't miss much. Nobody wants to be an addict, asshole.

I used to see it that way until I got my addiction, over time you kinda condition your brain into very fiendish addictive patterns, in a way similar to pavlovs dogs, I admit it can get extremely difficult to maintain control over your impulses

smoke weed and vape nicotine all day but thats it. was semi alcoholic for a while when i was living in las vegas and gambling all the time. bitcoin sv is my current drug of choice, I think about it literally every waking hour kek

yes, i am addicted to sugar

what was your daily dose user?