Everything feels pointless, nothing is interesting or brings me joy

I've felt like this for a long time now. It's like my brain is incapable of interest or joy anymore. It's not depression or anything, it's just who I am now.

I wish I could change this. Have you had any experience with this?

Attached: brain-fog-causes-e1527618499939.jpg (479x384, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_determinism
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do you for sure know it's not depression?
It sounds like you've been depressed for so long you've acclimated to it and it's just your normal now.

Yeah, but I solved the problem. You gotta change your brain. You have to literally force yourself to be excited about life.

Life's amazing, dude. You're most likely just caught in a negative mindset. You define yourself through a negative lense. You make yourself more miserable than necessary by focusing on and seeking out the bad.

Start adopting a more positive mindset, even if everything IS fucked to Hell. Just be positive.

You are experiencing detachment. Use it as an advantage, because it can help you with meditation, not getting distracted in the waking life and will keep desires at bay. You won't return to the normal state if that is what you wish, because nothing will ever satisfy you.

Cool story bro

I'm experiencing this for a while now, but I understand why. I call it a speed bump to my life. I found purpose a couple of years ago. Then I made a decision that kept me from pursuing that purpose. Right now my life is on hold for a couple more years until I'm able to do anything to do with that purpose.

This feeling also came with something else. A lack of dreams which is kind of shitty.

big same brobro

recently, my entire life just like fucking fell apart; part my fault, part not, blah blah whatever; the fact remains that I lost basically Everything but my immediate family and some material possessions (clothes and a few electronics) and now it's like, I don't know where I'm going, where I want to go, or even where I could go

so yeah
IDK where I was going with that but you're not alone I guess

/x/ is not the whine about your sad little life looking for pats on the head board
NOT PARANORMAL

take it to

Attached: 1346611603082.jpg (692x607, 63K)

“Monks, the All is aflame. What All is aflame? The eye is aflame. Forms are aflame. Consciousness at the eye is aflame. Contact at the eye is aflame. And whatever there is that arises in dependence on contact at the eye — experienced as pleasure, pain or neither-pleasure-nor-pain — that too is aflame. Aflame with what? Aflame with the fire of passion, the fire of aversion, the fire of delusion. Aflame, I tell you, with birth, aging & death, with sorrows, lamentations, pains, distresses, & despairs.
”The ear is aflame. Sounds are aflame…
“The nose is aflame. Aromas are aflame…
”The tongue is aflame. Flavors are aflame…
“The body is aflame. Tactile sensations are aflame…

”The intellect is aflame. Ideas are aflame. Consciousness at the intellect is aflame. Contact at the intellect is aflame. And whatever there is that arises in dependence on contact at the intellect — experienced as pleasure, pain or neither-pleasure-nor-pain — that too is aflame. Aflame with what? Aflame with the fire of passion, the fire of aversion, the fire of delusion. Aflame, I say, with birth, aging & death, with sorrows, lamentations, pains, distresses, & despairs. “Seeing thus, the well-instructed disciple of the noble ones grows disenchanted with the eye, disenchanted with forms, disenchanted with consciousness at the eye, disenchanted with contact at the eye. And whatever there is that arises in dependence on contact at the eye, experienced as pleasure, pain or neither-pleasure-nor-pain: With that, too, he grows disenchanted.
”He grows disenchanted with the ear…
“He grows disenchanted with the nose…
”He grows disenchanted with the tongue…
“He grows disenchanted with the body…
”He grows disenchanted with the intellect, disenchanted with ideas, disenchanted with consciousness at the intellect, disenchanted with contact at the intellect. And whatever there is that arises in dependence on contact at the intellect, experienced as pleasure, pain or neither-pleasure-nor-pain: He grows disenchanted with that too. Disenchanted, he becomes dispassionate. Through dispassion, he is fully released. With full release, there is the knowledge, ‘Fully released.’ He discerns that ‘Birth is ended, the holy life fulfilled, the task done. There is nothing further for this world.’"

That is what the Blessed One said. The Monks were glad, and they approved his words.

Now during his utterance, the hearts of those thousand Monks were liberated from taints through clinging no more.

>Start adopting a more positive mindset, even if everything IS fucked to Hell. Just be positive.
J U S T
U
S
T

Attached: dudejust.jpg (457x421, 15K)

>You have to literally force yourself to be excited about life.

Brain, activate!

Everything was always pointless. Even pointlessness is pointless. This is what King Solomon was talking about in Ecclesiastes. Everything is vain and arbitrary. Just pick something and roll with it, because all dharma is empty, even the dharma of empty dharma.

maybe try a banishing ritual, something may have attached itself to you

please do not fill his head with nonsense

www.therisingsunsocietyshomepage.wordpress.com
Interesting!
see it for yourself

it could be anhedonia

no harm in doing the ritual, worst case scenario he stays depressed

www. on a subdomian

Attached: qju5UHg.jpg (944x808, 1019K)

I'm not into ritual or willful magic at all really, but some kind of banishing ritual is basic defense against the dark arts.

I avoided it for years, till the day my snakes got all turnt up. Meditation felt soo good that I couldn't stop falling into mystic stupors, but I'd come back possessed by something different every time.

Nothing malicious. Just "Oh shit, I'm in a body." and they were generally worried about fucking things up for me. It was just vibration friends from around my room after all. Did a bit of study and contemplation, built a (for me) effective and enjoyable ritual.

I should have done it sooner, meditation has been -cleaner- than ever before. Also I'd never worked with that liminal space before. Writing with light is intuitive and fun, generally good practice for any kind of 'blessing.'

I don't think it'll help with OP's specific problem, but it would be beneficial in other areas.

Attached: 1522297837311.jpg (847x1133, 308K)

nobody cares
fuck off and whine to r9k about your pathetic "problems"

I mean, basically, yeah. Some people can do it and some people can't. I just completely reversed how I behave until it changed who I was. It fascinates me how much of our personality is actually just habit.

that is anhedonia
a common symptom of...

depression

depression manifests in many ways.

regardless
sorry my dude

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_determinism

There's a reason you feel this way, user. You never had any control over the outcome of your life to begin with.

Seeing that pin inside of the brain actually hurts, wow.

I binged too hard on vidya, anime, film, and books, and now none of that shit interests me at all. I think Internet destroyed my dopamine receptors.

It's desensitization to life. The best thing that helps me is to sit and do nothing for a few days and just let myself be bored. No internet, no games, no reading, no napping. It's like starving myself to feel true hunger again.

Attached: 1566277217372.jpg (1000x1288, 416K)

is this legit? any theories on this?

For me existential boredom was only cured when a friend of mine gave me 3 grams of magic mushrooms haven't been bored since.