Clown World General

What is Clown World?
>Clown world is the idea that the world is becoming more and more like a grotesque freakshow, with degeneration on various fronts becoming worse (social, political, racial, etc.). Instead of bearing the emotional burden of what some believe is the multi-faceted downturn of society, honk honk represents the option of cheerful nihilism, where one acknowledges the world's absurdity but decides to laugh and make fun of it. "Why get riled up when none of it matters anyways?"

Is this really a new idea?
>Absolutely. While nihilism dates back thousands of years, this cheerful version has never been explored. Never in history has our world seen such rapid and seismic shifts in culture, discourse and general way of life. Bottom line is - things aren't going great. We're crashing and burning. But why should we go down with a sad face?

The more I think about it the more I think this could actually be a great philosophy.

Attached: clown world.png (374x226, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tTe8RgJtZyk
youtube.com/watch?v=6fYvDuvTjp0
youtube.com/watch?v=hAm09H14MCs
youtube.com/watch?v=oYNYTFr8eEI
youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14
youtube.com/watch?v=JrdEMERq8MA
youtube.com/watch?v=TIoBrob3bjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

well, technically, absurdist thinking is the final red pill.

Might as well post the definitive tetralogy:
youtube.com/watch?v=tTe8RgJtZyk
youtube.com/watch?v=6fYvDuvTjp0
youtube.com/watch?v=hAm09H14MCs
youtube.com/watch?v=oYNYTFr8eEI

That was literally a kurzget whatshisface video:

youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14

ye the clownpill is the final step

>Why get riled up when none of it matters anyways?
Isn't that just admitting defeat?

This is nothing new. The world has always been devolving into a clown world from the perspective of the older generations, but nothing ever happens. Why? Because it doesn't matter. The "issue" here is that teenagers need to make everything a "thing" in order to garner support for their not-so-profound, trivial, observations: enter clown world. A trash ideology that attempts to make some optimistic spin on nihilism because some autist decided to play legos with philosophical perspectives in order to stave off killing himself.

>Never in history has our world seen such rapid and seismic shifts in culture, discourse and general way of life.
Bullshit.
Paradigm shifts are constant in the history of the world. Cultures evolve constantly thru time.
>Fall of rome
>rennaissaince
>End of puritanism
>Start of Meiji era.
and the latest:
>End of the industrial age/beggining of communication era.
those are just a few examples, now we are just in a new process that started in the 50s.
chill out and enjoy the show mate.

You're not taking into account the effect of technology and social media on this whole honk honk situation. All of those things you listed pales in comparison to the adsurdities today. And what's to come.

same shit they said with the invention of the press.
If you want to think you are in a special thing... enjoy it, but is just the same shit as always.
youtube.com/watch?v=JrdEMERq8MA

clown world? relatively.

if i sell everything i own and move out to the Alaskan wilderness, then the clown world completely disappears, all this bullshit does. it doesn't even need to be that extreme, but cities are cancer.

>never been explored

We never imagined sisyphus happy until now.

Btw it doesn't have to be 'absurdities'. It's just all the negativity associated with the modern world seems to outweigh the good.

Honk Honk is a strange offshoot of stoicism

it's literally cheerful or optimistic NIHILISM

>While nihilism dates back thousands of years, this cheerful version has never been explored.
i think tom lehrer would like to have a word with you
youtube.com/watch?v=TIoBrob3bjI

We entered an alternative time line around 2016 and this is the result. Gotta embrace this new clown world cuz nothing matters in alternate universe.

It sounds pretty comfy on paper but how do I put it to practice?

I don't really get it. Laughing at society's decline is not new and civilization is always a cycle. Is this some effort to make some other secret club?

Kali-Yuga up to the neck.

fuck off pajeet , its called the end of times

everything is happening the way it is because of the changes to social media with the introduction of mobile phones and internet
we're now closer to each other than ever before and are beginning the steps of transforming humanity into a literal hivemind (think the Spirals from TTGL), certain ideas like feminism and racial equality will be used to herd the masses and those that don't conform to group think will be isolated and eventually killed

>closer to each other

yeah e-closeness. as far as actual real connection seems like everyones becoming introverted fucks obsessed with e-culture and memes and have for the most part disregarded real life human contact due to the ease of technology. at least that's how i see it.

The question is whether we still have yet to have our WWIII, which will be analogous to The Great War...and then WWIV is the Big One that wipes the slate clean.
The alternative possibility is that we are already in the midst of a slow, protracted world war, one with many different ideological cells fighting based on tactics developed by islamic terrorists in the middle east. It depends on just how much the internet has changed our thinking as social animals.

>Implying the world wasn't always a cesspool of utter degeneracy with Civilizations rising and falling to their own hubris.

Oh yeah the classic special snowflake complex of the dude who wants to believe he's living in the endtimes.
No matter what happens, we'll adapt and the clown show will keep going on for centuries.

>Islamic terrorists.
More like Zun Tsu thousands of years ago.
Do you fucking faggots ever read anything? Nothing that is happening currently in our society is new. It's all shit we've seen hundreds of times, except accelerated by the maddening progress of technology.