Hey femanons, is this a good gift for a one year anniversary? Gf is a stem nerd

Hey femanons, is this a good gift for a one year anniversary? Gf is a stem nerd

Attached: C4FDCCE9-047B-4280-94FA-296FA636E1BC.jpg (800x800, 203K)

The only gift she'll accept is a night (or more) with Chad, with your consent.

you can get silicon wafers on ebay for like $20, I think they are kind of cool

Attached: s-l500.jpg (500x459, 71K)

1 year together? U know her way better than us, go with your gut

No bitch this gift sucks. Get her some Gucci

>motherfucking BISMUTH

based OP

I wish I had a bf to get me chonky bismuth crystals

Yeah it looks good, as a STEM graduate, I'd find it sweet and cool if my gf got me some Bismuth.

Bismuth is pretty cool, but maybe get her a little robot, like Vector, or something to program. STEM is pretty vague, so whatever she likes to do.

Take her out, go on a little day trip together and just do something she'd enjoy, maybe rent a nice hotel room or air B&b for the evening if it's appropriate for where you are and what your doing. The actual gift shouldn't be extravagant, maybe a little trinket like an etsy tier necklace that suits her style and has some connection to something she's interested in along with a hand written note that you put effort into making nice, bonus points if you can draw and can add stuff in the margins.

Yes. This is funny because years ago I sent a chunk of bismuth to my long distance online bf along with a couple other small gifts and some snacks. Now we are married lol.

Lmao who the fuck wants some damn SQUARES for an anniversary gift??

I like lead more

Where do I find a gf who wants to go on cool dates and get gifts similar to this

Buy her a heart shaped one

Attached: F65FBD03-FFB3-4B41-8240-ACE3C9471CA3.jpg (570x570, 88K)

You do know that shit is radioactive, right?

it has a half life greater than the estimated life-span of the universe and can be treated as stable in everyday life because it is so weakly radioactive.

Our fuckin skin at an age of 10 has more radiation that that chunk o rock

cool, but also really gay

*estimated age of the universe
Not that it matters, I guess

Get off this board you normie queer

I do, faggot. Gimme all those juicy squares

What stem field is she in? Accounting is technically a stem field and my accountant ex would probably bitch that its a shitty gift.

Wow, you'll spend a whole $3.69 on her?

Attached: Screenshot_20190820-190445.png (720x1280, 475K)

best metal along with vanadium for pretty colors

I work in the semi industry, ive taken so many cool wafers from work that just are sitting around in a lab cabinet.

I got a little bismuth chuck as a bday gift for my friend a few years back. Another cool one was some gallium. Its melting temp is right around body temp, so itll be solid and then melt in your hand. Pretty neat to play with but it stains your hand.

Why are they disks? All the dies on the edge are unusable isn't it a waste/yield problem?

If my bf thought buying me a rock would be a good idea i would ditch him

which is why i have no bf

Get her the Complete DVD set of Rick & Morty, only smart people get that show.

Because the industrial process to make a very big and perfect cristal of silicon to cut in wafers creates a cilindric structure, look it up

The wafers are made from a huge monocrystalline ingot of pure silicon that starts as a tiny thin thread in a vat of liquid silicon. It spins in the vat and accumulates more and more solid mass, kinda like a cotton candy machine. The ingot is then sliced up into wafers.
Its pretty wild, the entire mass is supported by the wire thin strand that it starts as.
I don't work with wafer production directly though. My company makes wafer handing equipment.

Attached: images.jpg (345x146, 5K)

I wouldn't date you either, if you can't appreciate a quality rock there's something wrong with you

The price of it doesn't matter. Heck, OP doesn't even have to give her a gift at all. It's the acknowledgement of it that means the most.

>vanadium
Pretty cool, user. But it also makes me uncomfortable.

Attached: vanadium-crystals-colorful-play-light-260nw-1257889906[1].jpg (390x280, 53K)

>LARPing this hard
Kys roastie

Just how picky are girls?
I feel like I would be the luckiest guy in the world if I had a gf and she gave me any present

Attached: 300px-Feel_Guy.jpg (300x300, 10K)

Imagine a girl giving you a gift for no real reason. Like she just saw something that reminded her of you and thought it would make a nice gift. Must be nice to be thought of like that. Its all the little things like that which really kill me.

I was thinking more along the lines of getting gifts for them
Do I have to give them the perfect thing or can I get them something cool like bismuth?

It really depends on the girl. Some are quite materialistic and only find value in very expensive brand-name goods. Others appreciate handmade cards and the like.

everyone watch as this stupid cunt completely changes her mind when she gets married

I think anything that is actually personal would make the best gift. If its clear that you really thought about her then i think she will like it, no matter what it is.

I'm not getting married. Dont wanna get fucked over in divorce

Hopefully
I'm just terrible at gifts
Fuck my autism
I usually default to asking my family about what to get another family member

Perfect gift. Tell her it represents your love for her, but leave out the part that it is unstable and doomed to decay.
A more important question is why you would ask Jow Forums for advice.