PSYCHOLOGY THREAD

Ask a psychologist anything. Short questions preferred, or rather, questions I can answer shortly. Don't ask me how to deal with procrastination, for instance, as this is a long answer. (Or do, but expect a green text response from me.)

Very exhausted, may not be efficient. Also, I sometimes miss posts. Kindly remind me if that happens, but make sure I had time to catch up.

Be sure to check if I am still around before you post. My final post will contain the word "love".

Let's have it the way your dick is: short and sweet.

Attached: 255800.jpg (1920x1080, 448K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p0mig8IeV-s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Posting with some trips. Here are some peaceful images for your brain.

Attached: peaceful-scenery-on-meadow-3648x2736_96327.jpg (640x480, 174K)

Don't be shy, guys. Remember, if you're first you get to ask more questions.

Attached: scenic-1976496_960_720.jpg (960x639, 262K)

Shut the fuck up you meme professional and either get a proper degree or go into a proper trade.

It is a proper degree and a proper "trade". Don't assume your country's low standards are to be generalised.

Why so angry?

Attached: romania_mountains_landscape_lake_606745.jpg (600x400, 269K)

what should I do if I'm fairly certain something is wrong with me but I don't wish to see a doctor or take medication

how do i kill myself

origami

>what should I do if I'm fairly certain something is wrong with me but I don't wish to see a doctor or take medication
You can start by listing symptoms, and/or things you think are wrong in your life. I might be able to help.

There are better ways to deal with depression. Don't kill yourself, everything is ahead of you. Better yet, tell me what's wrong.

Attached: 10802448.jpg (707x353, 43K)

I don't particularly want to label myself, I just want to make it stop

I'm not trying to label you, I'm trying to see what the problem might be.

Do you think we live in a simulation, created, or are we just ants living on a tiny rock flying through a vast, random, and cruel universe.

Does anything we do matter? Is there something awaiting us after death? Is there a point to living a "full" life or should I just end it after I peak. Nothing matters anyways and I feel like I'm going downhill anyways. Why not just end it all now.
You probably have a lot of this shit in your day to day life. Sorry for bringing my existential crisis to your thread

Is good I wash penis?

>Do you think we live in a simulation, created,
I think this type of philosophical debate is too much for people with unstable mental health issues, where connection to reality is tenuous. Otherwise, it's a fun topic to discuss.

>are we just ants living on a tiny rock flying through a vast, random, and cruel universe.
Hard to tell, but there's probably more to it than just that.

>Does anything we do matter?
Yes. If only because what you do or don't do will impact more people than you realise.

youtu.be/p0mig8IeV-s

Jordan Wave is needed here.

>Is there something awaiting us after death?
I don't know.

>Is there a point to living a "full" life or should I just end it after I peak.
Live a full life. You can be happy the entire time.

>Nothing matters anyways and I feel like I'm going downhill anyways. Why not just end it all now.
This is what depression does. Be sure to know and understand that you are "sick" for the moment, and this makes existence less fun, by far, than it actually is.

>You probably have a lot of this shit in your day to day life. Sorry for bringing my existential crisis to your thread
Other people's problems give me a break from mine.

Yes, is very good.

I'm just trying to live thirty minutes at a time without losing my mind

Attached: 4843929348738291.png (267x324, 70K)

I don't have much time left, sir. I could be of much more help if you would just list problems you have.

I miss my therapist. She was the only person I could talk to, face to face, about my problems. And the only woman I talked to, other than my mum. I hate that I'm still thinking about her, I hate that I ended up developing feelings for her, while I never meant anything to her. How do I make this stop?

where are you going
don't leave me
you're all I have
everyone leaves

I'm 25, and I feel like people dont really concern me as an actual adult or think my problems are minimal. I dont know whether it's in my head or not, but I hate when people look down on me for everything and not take me seriously. I'd get so agitated about it, I could easily get angry when I point it out to people, especially at my workplace. But then people say I'm too sensitive about it. I feel I do believe what I'm experiencing does exist and people are just playing a big joke about it not telling me the truth about how they feel about me. Not sure what's my next move

>How do I make this stop?
Realise that you would feel the same for a woman who loved you (and your therapist most likely cared, beyond professionalism, because therapists are humans, and they choose this career because they love humans, most of the time; also the money).

Once you find a partner, it will be a thousand times better than this.

Look into BPD symptoms. You might tragically make people run away because you cling so hard to them and scare them (and also make yourself not a resource to them but a burden).

>concern
Consider?

>I feel I do believe what I'm experiencing does exist
What do you experience? Their not taking you seriously? An actual example would be precious at this point.

>Realise that you would feel the same for a woman who loved you
Yeah, I know. The reason I developed feelings for her was that she seemed so kind and caring. But I don't think she cared at all, on a personal level. Women hate losers like me.

>Once you find a partner, it will be a thousand times better than this.
What if I can't find a partner?

Has a patient ever told you he wanted to kill himself? That or looking like he was thinking about it, maybe not saying it directly.
What do you do if you think someone is in actual risk of attempting?

lol idk if that's bipolar or borderline but I've thought of both. had people ask if I'm bipolar too

>But I don't think she cared at all, on a personal level.
Most likely wrong. If she didn't care, she wouldn't have seemed kind nor caring.

>Women hate losers like me.
Therapists typically don't see their patients as losers, since they know it takes big balls to get into therapy. I don't know about your country, but in mine, ANY therapist must have gone through therapy themselves before they are allowed to be therapists. They know what it takes to reveal one's issues. There's a greater chance she sees you as a brave man. Therapy isn't for losers.

>What if I can't find a partner?
You can find a partner. You could not name a reason why you couldn't.

>Has a patient ever told you he wanted to kill himself?
Yes, but then we discuss whether this is suicidal ideation or whether we should get him in a clinic right away.

>What do you do if you think someone is in actual risk of attempting?
If there is an actual risk, the patient usually agrees to being taken care of. As a therapist, you have to assess the situation. I'd never force anyone. But yeah, sometimes, people need a time out, so I talk them into taking 3 weeks off into a clinic, where they only have peace for 3 weeks straight.

Borderline. Bipolar is a whole nother ballgame you need not concern yourself with.

How to stop social anxiety related stress sweating? Some people told me that it is because of my low self view, lack of self esteem, poor self image, whatever...

Why am I so lonely and why doe sthinking of the future make me feel so nauseous?

How do I date a BPD girl successfully

>Most likely wrong. If she didn't care, she wouldn't have seemed kind nor caring.
People can lie, you know... and some are very good at it. Women are especially good at faking niceness.

>You can find a partner. You could not name a reason why you couldn't.
I can name 3: I'm an average looking guy with no friends, no confidence, and no history of relationships.

It's all true, but knowing that won't help you much. You have to go back, figure out what your caretakers did wrong, or didn't do, and do it yourself as an adult.

Good luck, user.

Attached: images.jpg (641x1080, 61K)

Likely because you are alone, and lonely; likely because the idea of more of this loneliness makes you sufficiently anxious that your sympathetic nervous system gets activated (it seeks to save energy for crises), which makes you nauseous (vomitting is done to save energy from digesting).

Information that is given to us is the result of compromises. These compromises divert us from reality. The human transforms this information into knowledge, truths, and even into its culture. These compromises display a utopian world. They want to make us believe we're in an ideal world, however... this world is made of submission, fear and panic. This world is dominated by corruption, bribes and prostitution. That is true in politics, school or even at home; this is true everywhere.

This world is completely rotten from the inside. And what about me? Am I a freak? Perhaps I am the only one who refuses to accept reality, then... this would mean that... Would this mean that I am crazy?

Nobody shares anything with anybody. Nobody knows why we must coexist in this world. Why am I trying to share everything? No. Since I share the same time and space with all these people, I must share the feelings of every individuals and coexist with them in a more natural way. It is most likely the reason for which why men create their own individual spaces by constructing all of these buildings; thus creating a city.

They all try to walk without being touched. From their viewpoint, the others lose their identity and become simple toys... Ah, this loneliness! I can feel it. It is there. And as soon as I try to evacuate it... of course... for every action, there is a limit that will rise eventually... this limit takes shape as a wall. And these walls are locking me up little by little. I'm suffocating... despite all these people, I feel lonely! How can this be???

Attached: forest.jpg (1920x1080, 316K)

Can you recommend anything that can help me be less lonely?

>People can lie, you know... and some are very good at it. Women are especially good at faking niceness.
Other people are even better at projecting and seeing things that aren't there. Unless you have an actual reason to suspect her, Occam's Toothpick.

>I'm an average looking guy
This is actually a plus.

>with no friends,
This isn't written on your face.

>no confidence,
This is more of a serious problem.

>and no history of relationships.
Less important than the previous point. One too easily assumes that everyone else is mastering life and relationships, while in reality, tons of other people have it the same, or even worse.

how do I stop the state of depersonalization I live in? Everything feels like a dream

Not him but could I be BPD even though I lack some symptoms like mania/splitting/disassociating?

I either don't care at all about people, even half a life kind friendships, or I fall in an extremely obsessive love where I feel like I'm dying everytime I suspect my favorite person is talking to someone else. The jealousy and paranoia kill me. I cling too hard to them. I'm selfish and possessive. I try to manipulate them using guilt and pity. I can easily see myself treating suicide if someone leaves me. But I can't help doing these things (manipulating), it's what I do to try and calm the pain.

I pushed all my friends away years ago. Somehow made new ones. Pushed them all away again. Because I either care too little or too much about them.

Fuck this got a little long

Attached: FB_IMG_15614612266211250.jpg (354x998, 193K)

>An actual example would be precious at this point.

Whenever I tell them I have bills, personal problems, more recognition for my hard work for a promotion, or people straight up being mean to me out of the blue, everyone thinks it's not much of a big deal or think I'm blowing it out of proportion. At my workplace is worse, because people talk to me as if it was patronizing. Its annoying, but if I point it out, I feel like people will think I'm crazy or too sensitive which will make my matters worse than before.

>How can this be???
You adopted an extremely negative worldview and confuse realism with negativity. You also think that people who focus on positive thinking are just fools and naive dreamers, whereas those who see what kind of world we live in know the importance of remaining positive, so we can improve ourselves and the world.

I think you are too biased in your negativity, almost as if you wanted the world to be this bad.

same dude, frequently rinse and reset with people after a while for no reason other than fuck them

Friends.

>clubs (for hobbies/interests)
>group therapy for people who are alone
>getting a job, befriending workmates
>dating, staying (real) friends if you don't think she'd be a good partner, and befriend her friends

There are ways.

Sorry but you're painfully wrong... Being average looking, for a man, is definitely not a plus, because women only want the hottest guys. There have been studies and experiments done about this. And having no friends or past relationships makes you a loser... and women hate losers.

>Not him but could I be BPD even though I lack some symptoms like mania/splitting/disassociating?
Yes. BPD is varied as hell. There exists any combination of symptoms AND their intensity. You could have all symptoms to minor degrees, or just a few with huge intensities. It's never the same for anyone.

>I either don't care at all about people, even half a life kind friendships, or I fall in an extremely obsessive love where I feel like I'm dying everytime I suspect my favorite person is talking to someone else. The jealousy and paranoia kill me. I cling too hard to them. I'm selfish and possessive. I try to manipulate them using guilt and pity. I can easily see myself treating suicide if someone leaves me. But I can't help doing these things (manipulating), it's what I do to try and calm the pain.
Sounds like it, yes, or, possibly also major trauma in your early childhood, having to do with abandonment; it may not even be something you remember.

Otherwise, yes, this sounds like typical BPD messups.

Consider Linehan's Dialetic Behavioral Therapy. (It's a book.)

Im seeing a psychologist soon, I need to convince them that I need welfare and benefits. I don't think theirs really a medical condition for being too broken and weak to hold a job, but I will talk about my depression, anxiety, and how I think I'm autistic.

Any tips to get on that sweet sweet neet buks? All I want is a small appartment, food, and to vape weed instead of smoking it, but I cant afford a vape.

Attached: af83ba55a7c628d767420f2d159208e9.gif (540x404, 1.63M)

This is top prime meme. Damn.

Perhaps you are oversharing at inappropriate times, with people who aren't close friends. A way to spot that is to see whether anyone else shares the sort of stuff you share. If nobody does, you might be out of line. I wouldn't talk about my bill issues with anyone who wasn't at least a real friend that I saw outside of work, as friends.

>Being average looking, for a man, is definitely not a plus,
It's a plus compared to being ugly.

>because women only want the hottest guys.
This is incel loonism. Just look around, you'll see plenty of intensely hot women with average guys, even ugly guys. Women aren't all about the looks (this may be you more than them).

>There have been studies and experiments done about this.
Don't trust yourself, or incels, on interpretating studies. They can't do it. They don't understand the difference between a "preference" and a mandatory quality. If a study shows a slight preference for tall men, incels understand that women only care for tall men. Every single time.

>And having no friends or past relationships makes you a loser... and women hate losers.
The only thing that is true is that nobody likes a person who loathes themselves. It's up to you to change that and make yourself someone who deserves love. What people don't like is if you consider yourself shit and do nothing to improve, just suffer in silence and wait. It's healthy not to stick around such people, as they will bring you down too. Help yourself.

I see and hear things in the middle of the night and get stuck on thoughts that make no sense. It usually only happens at night though, only sometimes during the day. I'm also very paranoid most of the time. Am I possibly developing schizophrenia?

Attached: 1565457484291.jpg (640x640, 27K)

>Any tips to get on that sweet sweet neet buks? All I want is a small appartment, food, and to vape weed instead of smoking it, but I cant afford a vape.
I would not recommend this, for your own sake. I'd recommend getting better and getting a job, trust me. You don't want neetbucks.

Guys, I must sleep. You take care.

All my love.

Attached: 1562226038606.jpg (1282x1643, 654K)

>Am I possibly developing schizophrenia?
Yes. See a psychiatrist as soon as you can, especially before it gets worse.

you're probably fatigued

Do you think Psychology is like, or has replaced, religion? I think they share certain properties pertaining to spiritual/mental health.
I mean, take Catholic confession. You visit the priest and share your sins. The priest gives you comfort and understanding, then forgives you and you no longer carry the spiritual burden of guilt.
For psychology, you visit a therapist who is able to relieve a depressed person from thought distortions that lead to excessive emotions of guilt.
They have unique ideas and processes but, ultimately, both serve the same underlying function: maintaining good spiritual/mental health.

I view the development of psychology for most of history very much as an extension of applied philosophy, especially as it is experienced by the common person who seeks help there. There are neurobiological elements and the prescribing of medications which lean more towards the realm of hard sciences these days but as it as applied in the realm of professional help, even if the person practicing is a clinical psychologist rather than a therapist or counselor, beyond the ability to write prescriptions and offer diagnosis what do you think psychology offers in ones persuit of happiness and mental health that studying philosophy or even at times theology can not?

Thank you! I'll definitely take a look at that book

What do I do if I hate myself too much to function?

>I should feel bad about myself as I'm in a mess (neet, 23, fap too much, don't do anything productive, rarely leave the house etc.)
>but I think my self-loathing puts me in a vicious circle
>the more I hate myself the more unproductive I am, the more unproductive i am the more I hate myself etc.
>I also can't stay at a job for too long because I get paranoid I will be bullied out of it

I feel like I hate myself too much to function. What is this?

psychologists are so full of shit
i'm always suprised this is considered a real profession

I have a fear of spiders. I always open my eyes shortly after going to sleep, 30-40 minutes or so and I "spot" a spider. Either hanging above me, or in front of me on the wall. I always get up extremely fucking fast, and stay standing for a while until I realize I was just being retarded again and go back to sleep. There is always never a spider.

What is this

I am living in a den of snakes that are actively trying to fuck with my head and make me feel bad.

what do

What's your job and which psychological field do you practice?

Check Out this EXTREMELY HOTt Active Server for the BEST LEWDS of TRAPS and FEMALES!

discord gg/kbhWwMB