How do you heal from a childhood of emotional/psychological abuse from a narcissist single mother?

how do you heal from a childhood of emotional/psychological abuse from a narcissist single mother?
my mom has robbed me of my teenage years and continues to rob me of my adult independence
is going no-contact the best thing to do?

Attached: 1551171191192.jpg (824x776, 274K)

Other urls found in this thread:

randifine.com/broken-sons-of-narcissistic-mothers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>continues to rob me of my adult independence

How can she do that? What's stopping you from moving out and supporting yourself?

malbec wine bro

i have my own house and she lives with me since she divorced my stepdad, and wont move out
she had the money to and blew through it all in 2 months

reading this and it describes exactly what i'm dealing with
randifine.com/broken-sons-of-narcissistic-mothers/

>Instead of developing a rich inner self, golden sons are likely to develop the "doormat syndrome". People will use and abuse them. As adults, their worth will hinge entirely on others' opinions of them. They will forever struggle with self-respect.

>Men who are psychologically possessed by narcissistic mothers have great difficulty with emotional intimacies. Their relationships are likely to be shallow and perfunctory. On a subconscious level, they always belong to their mothers.

Jesus. That's me also

I'm sure you can get a court order or something

not the user that replied to you but...

it's your own house and your own rules, there is literally nothing she can do to stop you from living your life. You own her shit, you never asked to be in this world, the best you can do is help her out here and there out of gratitude for her doing the bare minimum responsibility of raising you. What you can't do is let her treat you like a door mat and let her control your life. You have the right to kick her out of your house if you want to.

i'd rather keep government as uninvolved as possible

>is going no-contact the best thing to do?
Yes. I went no contact with her 12 years ago, and I'm happier now than I've ever been.

Why? If she's as bad as you're saying, you have every right to kick her out.

>Why?
because i'm not about to run to daddy government like a beta cuck because my mom is an irresponsible grown child
i'm beta enough from her conditioning and don't need to sink any further into it

how long did it take you to finally do it and how old were you?

>There are no limits to the antics revengeful narcissistic mothers will pull. They will repeatedly woo their sons back in, only to retaliate again and again. Sons continue to take the bait because they want to believe their mother has changed.

>tfw scapegoat son
Shieeeeet

You're a beta for taking her in. If that's what it takes, that's what it takes, this is the most reasonable way to deal with this.

Fuuuiuuuuuuuuck my life this describes me perfectly

Attached: 1566324828655.png (400x236, 69K)

Are you the golden son, scapegoat son, or the invisible son? I'm . A lot of things make sense.

Tell her to stop being a burned on her offspring. I'd tell how to get rid of her, but my mother died after me taking care of her for three years. She was an abusive cunt but hey it's difficult.

>You're a beta for taking her in.
no shit and its her fault
>make child
>condition that child to be subservient beta who can never deny mommy
>hover over him his whole life and gossip to everyone about him
>make him afraid to ever stand up for himself or tell anyone "no"

still going to government is the ultimate cuck move in this scenario except as a last resort
she knows she's not allowed to live here because i can't sublet or my rent goes up, but she also thinks(knows) that i can't stand up to her, that's why she stays
when i told her to leave she cried and guilt tripped me into letting her stay
i can't take this shit

I dont know. I'm an only child.

>You're a beta for taking her in.
no shit and its her fault

THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
Just take the advice from a 31 year old user that left the home at 19 to get ahead in life because she was impossible to live with.

Because she loves you she will not abandon you for moving or threatening to kick her out. Tell her firmly (and without uncertain terms) that she is being a burden on you and that she needs to let her child live her own life. If you don't want the authorities involved you need to move and within the year. Spare yourself what I went through.

How does a narcissistic mother or father behave?
Here are some of the main signs:

>They tried to control you through codependency
>They laid on the guilt thick
>They only loved you when you did what THEY wanted
>They liked to "get even" with you
>They never respected your boundaries
>They competed with you
>They "owned" your accomplishments
>They constantly lied to you
>They never listened to (or cared) about your feelings
>They constantly insulted you
>They exerted explicit control over you
>They gaslighted you
>They "parentified" you
>They had a "favorite" or "golden" child
>They reacted intensely to any form of criticism
>They projected their bad behavior onto you
>They never displayed any empathy
>They were infallibly correct and never wrong
>They liked to present a perfect family image to outsiders

>THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
you're right
i'll tell her to pack up soon, i think she's trying to bide her time so she can say "well i've been here this long"
my aunt did the same thing, she needed a room to crash in and ended up living with my mom and stepdad for 6 years
and your story is also similar to mine, i'm 30, i left home at 18 because she kept ruining my life and even going so far as to lying to the police to get me in trouble
i really don't know why i put up with it, or why single motherhood by choice is legal
fuckin sucks