What's the point in living when the world is going to end in 10-20 years anyway...

What's the point in living when the world is going to end in 10-20 years anyway? Climate change is already past an unstoppable tipping point, and even if those predictions are wrong, that tipping point will be coming very soon anyway. We are going to face literal Mad Max style apocalypse scenarios with the planet overheating, entire cities being submerged in water, and governments collapsing. I don't want to fucking die getting stabbed for a tin of beans by some rampaging looter in the post-apocalypse. Can anyone provide me even one reason to continue living when the future is so unspeakably grim?

Attached: yWRigl6B_400x400.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/18/pizzly-grolar-bear-grizzly-polar-hybrid-climate-change
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nah man. You are too weak

Post doomsday life sounds p exciting. Better than my wagie routine

How? Do you want to get raped and tortured to death by bandits? Is that a future that sounds "enticing" to you? Living in squalor and poverty in extreme heat, in a lawless society where anyone can kill you with no repercussions?

just enjoy life while you can, I guess.

But what's the point? There's no point planning for the future, because there isn't even going to be a future.

Don't. Don't give me hope.

You have no proof that the world will end in a decade or two. You have evidence, which is nowhere near strong enough to conclude an incoming apocalypse.

better than the clown world, i hope someone breaks in and blows my brains out the first day post apocalypse

>in a lawless society where anyone can kill you with no repercussions?

It would be absolutely based.

I'm hoping once the coasts go underwater it'll be an alarm for either world gov'ts to enact strict laws for energy conservation or it'll be an alarm for riots at capital buildings. People are typically reactive rather than proactive.

Well sorry, but I'm just not like that. I had hopes of living a full life, having children and grandchildren, and dying at an old age feeling fulfilled and accomplished. At least if I had to die young, it could have been of a disease eg cancer, and I could have died at least knowing I was leaving behind children and a legacy in the world.

But now, everything is hopeless. There's no point having children because they will just grow up in a world which will probably become uninhabitable before they even reach 30. There's no point building a career because I'd be working for nothing, literally nothing, because everything will be destroyed in a matter of decades. Life is quite literally POINTLESS now, because of climate change.

Cause I like sex and drugs. Stop looking for the meaning of life/death before you go insane. Or do whatever.

Start building bombs and plant them at the estates of the top 100 CEOs killing the planet user.

First post best post. Came here just to say that very thing.

>it could have been of a disease eg cancer

that's a far shitter death unless you literally get tortured desu.

Honestly the impending white minority status in the US is going to be alot worse for us than slightly hotter weather.

No it isn't. If you lived a fulfilling life, built a family and worthwhile relationships with people, then dying of cancer was incredibly sad and agonising for you as a person, but you at least knew that you would be leaving behind your children (and possibly grandchildren) and plenty of loved ones who would remember you. You knew that life and society would go on in your absence.

Now, the prospect of dying in a climate apocalypse offers nothing but darkness. We will all die knowing that that is it, there will be nothing left after us. We might die knowing that our children are going to die soon after us, if we have any. We certainly will all die knowing that we are the last generation of humans to walk the earth. That is an impossibly grim and depressing reality to face. There couldn't be a sadder death than that.

I feel the same way but dont you think you're exaggerating a bit ? climate change is bad but I think there might be hope if humanity changes now

just do what you can to help while still trying to enjoy your life as much as you can
the funny thing is normalfags go on social media virtue signalling about how "we have to save da planet! you people need to do something!" but all they do to help the environment is meme shit like buying paper straws. most people in the west are decadent and wasteful and too lazy to change their lifestyle to actually make a difference.

You probably just want a (you) but God it's absolute failures like you that don't realize it's been the HOTTEST YEAR ON RECORD and is only going to get worse. Oceans will rise as glaciers melt, oxygen will get harder to breathe now that the rainforests are burning due to some petty land for cattle, just fucking think that molecule of a brain.

Attached: abc.png (226x223, 7K)

There literally isn't hope. Governments are being told again and again that "this is IT. this is the FINAL CHANCE". They are literally being told that if they don't act WE WILL ALL DIE and they still do absolutely nothing. Brazil is literally intentionally burning the amazon rainforest, they are actually DELIBERATELY accelerating climate change. And for what reason?

At this point I think that it's the work of extremist religious kooks, who think that they are trying to bring about the prophecy of the rapture and that this is all god's plan somehow. It's hopelessly depressing. There's nothing we can do. Humanity is doomed to the most painful of deaths.

>climate change
If it gets too hot just nuke some bombs and it'll get back to chill, what's the problem?

>Climate change is already past an unstoppable tipping point
>Climate change
AH HA HA HA HA
You made my day zoomer

You do not live through your children though. When you die you die, that's all, game's over.

you're huge faggot boomer , go mow the lawn and suck israel's dick some more , you sub 60 iq monkey

If you take the absolute most raw and individualistic approach to life, yes. But most human beings feel a greater sense of purpose, like we are all collectively part of something bigger. Feeling a powerful connection to both our ancestors and our descendants is natural for humans, we naturally live vicariously through them and most of the time that's a good thing.

Now, that's all over. We know now that we are living as part of the last generation of humans ever.

Might as well do SOMETHING while waiting for the bodily waste to collide with the ventilation device, right? Scratch a few items off your bucket list, maybe?

So, when will US and Russia invade regions with forests, like Vietnam or Amazon instead of fighting over dying Europe and useless oil?

I don't feel motivation to do anything anymore. Learning about the inevitability of climate apocalypse has sucked all the energy out of my life. I am constantly depressed, I barely eat, and I don't enjoy anything anymore.

>What's the point in living when the world is going to end in 10-20 years anyway? Climate change is already past an unstoppable tipping point, and even if those predictions are wrong, that tipping point will be coming very soon anyway. We are going to face literal Mad Max style apocalypse scenarios with the planet overheating, entire cities being submerged in water, and governments collapsing. I don't want to fucking die getting stabbed for a tin of beans by some rampaging looter in the post-apocalypse. Can anyone provide me even one reason to continue living when the future is so unspeakably grim?
i want this with all my heart it would make me so happy

Attached: 1556263968877.png (867x745, 417K)

theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/18/pizzly-grolar-bear-grizzly-polar-hybrid-climate-change

>Grizzly bears in Alaska and Canada are moving north as their environment warms, bringing them into contact with polar bears located on the coastline

>A bear shot in the frigid expanse of northern Canada is believed to be a grizzly-polar bear hybrid, a consequence of the increasing interactions between the two imposing bear species.

>Grizzly bears found in Alaska and Canada appear to be moving north as their environment warms, bringing them into contact with polar bears located on the coastline.

>HUHUHU DUMB ZOOMER CLIMATE CHANGE NOT REAL

Attached: 2n8ndr.jpg (543x443, 29K)

If you know that there's not gonna be a tomorrow then why don't you live like there's no tomorrow? Talk to that cute chick you like, ask her out, who cares if she says no, you're both gonna die. Or do whatever you've really wanted to do but never got around to. You gonna sit and mope until you die, or are you gonna make sure you go out with no regrets?

>calls others sub 60 iq meme
>still believes climate change is a thing
AH HA HA, keep going, I love these.
It's like listening to a pre-programmed slot machine that just pick a standard reply to sound progressive, the lack of personality and ability for own thoughts just adds to the machine illusion HA HA, love it

>If you know that there's not gonna be a tomorrow then why don't you live like there's no tomorrow?

time to start HRT and transition

Attached: 1566383804929.jpg (594x1070, 106K)

lol. even if all of the ice caps melt (they won't) only 10% of current above water land masses will sink below water. the only heavily populated areas that will be effected are india and florida, and honestly those places deserve to sink. the world is not going to come even close to ending

If that's what you really want to do than go for it. If you're right and the world ends then there'll be nobody left who gives a fuck.

Your eyes and ears are glued shut man you're beyond stupid. You're gonna be among the first to get looted and raped

>Mother tells me,
>the immortal goddess Thetis with her glistening feet,
>that two fates bear me on to the day of death.
>If I hold out here and I lay siege to Troy,
>my journey home is gone, but my glory never dies.
>If I voyage back to the fatherland I love,
>my pride, my glory dies . . .
>true, but the life that's left me will be long,
>the stroke of death will not come on me quickly.

Nah, achilles had it right, even if you have a family you'll be forgotten, only by actions of extreme valor you'll be remembered.

Attached: ac.jpg (715x402, 61K)

I don't understand people that disagree with 99% of the world's scientists. although it is annoying when people say shit like "don't question it, it's settled science, anyone who looks into evidence against man's effect on climate change should be jailed", but it is pretty fucking probable that they're right about it. every year the climate gets hotter and hotter; the hottest july in history was this year, and before that july 2018 was the hottest july in history, and before that july 2017 was the hottest july in history and so on.

HA HA, like a drone that keeps on giving if you poke it, by all means user, I hope you and your progressive soiboi group comes, I don't even think I need my gun
Got any finishing jokes to wrap up your other generic replies? Come on I want to hear how the world is doomed without your unique ability to be so progressive

>still believes climate change is a thing
where is your evidence that the climate is not increasing? numbers are pretty fucking hard to disagree with
>inb4 the climate always changes naturally
it does fluctuate but this is an unprecedented increase in global temperatures that just happens to coincide with the industrial revolution.

"99% of the world's scientists" believe the earth is slowly warming up, but they don't all agree it's because of humanity, which it might as well not be.

Also, if you idiots really think the world is ending within 20 years you're retarded.

I dont care for cityscapes or the rich or the masses who dont do anything to prevent such an outxome. If this empire collapses it wont mean the end for me. Ive always beem stronger than other people in my own way

Attached: unterhau.jpg (884x1000, 189K)

>Also, if you idiots really think the world is ending within 20 years you're retarded.

Some scientists predict even shorter. By some estimates the earth could be uninhabitable before the end of the 2020s.

>the climate is not increasing
>increasing climate

Attached: on-the-EDge-A-Rod-390x260.jpg (390x260, 19K)

Source me this so I can laugh at these so called "scientists".

Do you realise "scientists" claimed we'd all be dead in 20 years 40 years ago?

That's rich when we had the coldest and rainiest summer in a decade here
Here's a thought maybe just MAYBE the weather isn't the same everywhere and just because a spot with vocal progressive warriors had a rough summer once doesn't mean the weather is out of control globally
You're moving focus and fundings from actual threats to a corporation agenda that makes the rich, richer through fear and propaganda and before you break you twig arm in rage, I'm not saying funding the military is any better

Yessssss, it's going to be great. All the happy, well-adjusted people with their careers, kids, life plans, and all that are going to suffer immensely, all because they thought the little party known as civilization was going to go on forever.

A paper called "Deep Adaptation". Google it.

Now provide me the sources for those predictions of us dying by 2000 then.

>"99% of the world's scientists" believe the earth is slowly warming up, but they don't all agree it's because of humanity, which it might as well not be.
I never said it was definitely caused by humans, in fact I literally said the opposite. my point is that the climate is in fact rising so we should try to do our best to reduce waste in case it is our fault
>Also, if you idiots really think the world is ending within 20 years you're retarded.
once again I never said anything like this. stuff like that is sensationalist media done for clicks and I ignore shit like that. I've seen articles from actual climate scientists saying the exact same thing too, their words are taken out of context, twisted and exaggerated by journalists looking to stir people up, which in turn makes people like you not want to listen to them (rightfully so) because it's obvious fearmongering.
stop assuming everyone that disagrees with you is rabid and fanatical

I don't think you even understand what the word "climate" means.

It feels like scientists are the current years priests telling the unwashed masses what to think.

Yes, I do feel connection to both past and future of humanity, doing stuff for both. Yet when I die I die, living through your work/children/ideas/whatever is just a delusion.

>Now, that's all over. We know now that we are living as part of the last generation of humans ever.
No we do not. You only truly know something when you experienced it firsthand.

it's the average condition of the weather in a particular area (or the whole world for global climate) over a long period of time. this isn't some simple "woah, we had a really hot year, the world must be ending" thing. it's a long term trend
but correct me if I'm wrong
again, a lot of the sensationalist doomsaday shit comes from journalists trying to rile up normalfags (and it works sadly which turns any discussion of climate change into religious tier fanaticism)

Based.
Nothing is actualky wrong, it's all fear mongering.

Attached: 1566144256568.jpg (259x260, 23K)

>Unspeakably grim
Lol stop being a bitch, embrace change

Wasn't the world suposed to end in 10 years 10 years ago?

Scientists make fuck all money. They're totally underappreciated and outright hated in many demographics. What exactly makes them not trustworthy? Is it just that people are insecure and don't want to admit that somebody else knows more than them?

I mean, even if you buy into the idea that they're sensationalizing climate change to make money or some shit, can't the same argument be made on the other side? Think of how many companies benefit from climate change being "fake".

>Climate change is already past an unstoppable tipping point,

if u believe this you probably are better off killing yourself, yes

>Doesn't want to live in an apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic society
Go ahead and neck yourself, faggot
fpbp and based

Just get some pussy and cuddles in the meantime bruh

But i just went outside and it was pretty cold

I wanna cry

This is the world in 10 years.

Attached: images(88).jpg (556x552, 46K)

Team? 73 range

jesus christ you kids are dumb these days. Let me clue you sad fucks in, the world is ALWAYS just about to fucking end, ALWAYS. In the 80's it was save the whales and cold war horseshit, in the 90's it was the fucking ozone layer, then Y2K, then 2012, swine flu, super bugs, ebola, etc.

This "world's about to end" trend is caused by 2 things, first being that most people actually want to see civilization end, thus the popularity of zombie shit. 2nd cause is that if they keep you in a perpetual state of near-hysteria (or hope for something that won't happen) you will never break the cycle of wage-slavery, as I have done (and its really quite simple to break), you will never plan for the future, you are far easier to manage because you're already defeated or hoping the end's just around the corner. It isn't. So drink up, proles. If you believe your life is over you're absolutely right.

Hurrr durrr climate change is real goyim!!!