I have acne scars like pic related and I'm finally starting my journey in trying to treat them

I have acne scars like pic related and I'm finally starting my journey in trying to treat them.

My doctor prescribed me retin-a at 0.025% (the lowest concentration) to start, this cream/gel is supposed to stimulate collagen production making your skin shed (must be used with sunscreen or you'll burn your face). However, after doing some more research I don't think that alone will be enough, I will also need to do micro-needling for these types of scars. What I've found is that people mix up red marks/hyper-pigmentation with scars, they are not the same thing. Pitted scars like pic related are different, because of this it's really hard to find accurate information online.

For micro-needling, those rollers are actually bad due to the way they move across the skin, due to this it's supposedly better to use the stamp version, working your way up to at least 1.5mm for deeper scars. I feel this depends on the persons skin though. A regmine where you do this once a month is what I'm seeing recommended, and it can take up to a year to see results due to how slow new collagen takes to grow (though the retin-a should speed that up)

Another thing I've discovered is using a suction cup in combination with micro-needling. People say that a day after they do the needling they'll apply a suction cup to the part of their face with scars, this helps push the newly needled scars to the surface and detaches them from the lower parts of the skin they are tethered to. Doing this everyday for a week after needling, followed by every other day for the next week is what I've read that's recommended. It bruises the face for a day or two but quickly heals.

There are also chemical peels, but those vary in effectiveness and can be dangerous depending on the color of your skin (if you are anything but white, even slightly tan, you risk discoloration).

Anyways, has anyone had any experience with treating these types of scars? I'm looking to learn what I can.

Attached: scars.jpg (766x511, 95K)

Right now I'm treating my scars with vitamin C serum. After one month I can see a big difference to my face, all of the pigmentation is gone and the scars look much better, some are even gone. Best of all it's pretty cheap to make it at home. I might need laser later for some of the deeper ones, but considering how much my skin improved, I'm totally fine with having just one or two noticeable scars here and there.

Background information; I've had bad acne on and off most of my life, though that's pretty much gone now, finally. I don't have acne scarring but I have a little discolouration and large pores. I'm trying to trap, so I need as close to perfect skin as I can get.

What's helped me extensively with actually fixing my skin, acne aside, is salicylic acid. You might add this to your plan, OP. It loosens the connections between skin cells, produces softer skin, and shortens cell turnover rate, meaning your pores clean themselves out faster and cells recycle quicker. It's helped me signifigantly with recovering from acne and in smoothing out my pores. I no longer look like a rosacea nightmare anymore lol.

What I'd be concerned about is how you'll get by with these treatments that leave you looking mutilated for a day or two. You have to do this and still live life, you know? Is it worth it if you're over the acne itself? I'd personally say that I think acne scarring looks pretty unique and kind of attractive in a freckles sort of way and that I'd totally date someone with extensive acne scarring if they were over the acne itself completely.

Attached: trap asolfo thinking.jpg (895x1024, 101K)

>salicylic acid
Thanks dude, I am using it. It's an amazing ingredient, I use the Cerave SA cleanser every morning and it has put my acne under control.

What people don't realize about salicylic acid is that it doesn't treat active acne, what it does is get into your skin and gets your oil production under control and cleans the pores out, this is why people breakout when they start using it since it's pushing all the crap out of your skin (this is a good thing). It gets a bad reputation sometimes because of that. You are 100% right.

I'll have to manage with treating this while dealing with my life, I've heard about people thinking scars look cool, but there are also people who think acne scarring is hygiene related and will look down on you for it. I've had girls tell me to "plug the holes on my face" and it really fucked up my self-esteem.

I'm kinda skeptical about topical vitamin c, I remember seeing a study saying it doesn't really penetrate the skin barrier and that taking it orally is better. I'll have to do more research.

For acne itself all it took was for me to learn to change out my goddamn pillow cases every night like everyone should do, plus benzoyl peroxide. I get the peroxide in neutrogena rapid clear stubborn acne spot gel, and I get my dalicylic in oxy deep-pore pads. I use aloe vera on my skin whenever it feels dry, usually after showering or washing my face (should do this every morning.) And then I use cerave SPF 30 facial moisturizer as sunscreen if I'm going out.

All of it seems to work but 99% of my acne problem in the first place, body and otherwise, was just from me sitting in the same clothes and using the same unwashed sheets and pillowcases for days.

Those girls are fucking assholes. I don't normally think scars "look cool" I think acne scars are different because they look like freckles to me. I think they told you that because of other things about your appearance and also because they're total fucking cuntweeds. I'm sorry on their behalf, user.

It might be a nutritional thing, yeah. Diet, and other skin things like shaving without razer burn, are entirely other topics we could go on and on about.

Attached: trap maid 2.jpg (850x1130, 131K)

How do you treated your acne problems ?

I think a lot of it was just time, as people get older acne tends to go away. Cleaning up your diet (no sugars, stop the dairy and maybe even red meat, you need to experiment), stop touching your face, and get a good skin care routine for your type of skin. What makes someone breakout varies per person.

Start simple, like mentioned above salicylic acid is great so use a product that has it at least once a day. Moisturize and protect your skins moisture barrier so your face doesn't become overly oily, and wear sunscreen too. Keep in mind a moisturizer doesn't add moisture to the skin, it HOLDS it (this is key). A lot of people will recommend benzyl peroxide for spot treatment but be careful as it can be irritating.

Morning:
Cleanse with something that has salicylic acid
Hydrate the skin (hyaluronic acid or niacinamide seem to be the most used here, ton of products on the market have these)
Moisturize the skin to lock in the hydration
Sunscreen

Night:
Normal cleanser, doesn't have to contain SA
hydrate and moisturize

This is what worked for me. just posted some good advice too with products

I've only been moisturizing without hydrating like an idiot. Can you recc any particular products for that?

My favorite product for that is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel, you can find it in most drug stores. Keep in mind there are two version of this product, you want the fragrance free one, the other one has fragrance and it's absolute GARBAGE, avoid it at all costs.

There are plenty of products that have hyaluronic acid so try out a few, I like this one because most drug stores carry it.

Attached: 81OAe-P9UjL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 165K)

Oh, this is for dry skin types though? What if you have relatively oily skin? Does hydrating not matter so much then? Is aloe vera a hydrator?

Attached: anime bangaroo.gif (342x342, 392K)

Honestly user I don't know, I'm still learning.
I thought I had oily skin all while growing up because I got oily a ton, but it turns out it was because my skin was compensating from being too dry and using products that kept stripping the moisture barrier of my face (washing your face too much does this too, like being in the shower a lot).

Hydrating still matters for oily skin I'm pretty sure, but it would likely depend on the individual. Skin care is such an individual thing and I learn new things all the time.

Also keep in mind that just because packaging can say "for extra dry skin" it doesn't really mean anything, I go by ingredients. Packaging is all marketing and just because something says it's for dry skin doesn't mean other skin types can't use it.

>You have to do this and still live life, you know?
Na you see my man what you do is lock yourself away for a couple of days, like a wolfman on a full moon, and let the serum do its work. Then you emerge ready to hunt

And when you come out you find it turned you not into the alpha wolf man you wanted, but the adorable AWOO femboy you always were inside! AWOOOOOO!!

Attached: awoo.png (1733x2000, 1.06M)

Retin-A keeps you looking young and cute, but it takes a long time for your skin to adjust to it and months for it to be effective. Just look at how many women rush to get as they start reaching their thirties.

Can you tell me more about this stuff?

Vitamin A derivative
Encourages cell turn-over rate in the skin so you always have a nice young fresh tight looking skin
Gets rid of wrinkles and fine lines
Makes your skin much more sensitive and if not introduced gradually and proper sunscreen is not used it can cause serious damage
Concentrations include 0.025%, 0.05% and 0.1%, it is recommend to start at the lowest
Must be used very slowly and carefully at first until the skin adjusts, otherwise peeling, redness and burning may happen.

Ask a doctor/dermatologist if you're interested in it.

>tfw had cystic acne in youth that left me with horrible acne scars
>tried laser sessions but they still didn't get rid of them
>dermatologist said I'm pretty much fucked
>ruined all forms of social life and left me as an ugly robot
>now getting old, depressed and no real motivation to live

Don't give up, they can be treated.
I'm not delusional enough to think our skin can ever be 100% smooth again, but we can improve the depth of the scars.

I literally had two doctors give up on me.
That was all the demoralization I needed to shatter my hopes.

may be excessive but, have you considered skin grafts?

Those doctors don't know shit, they don't keep up with current research and don't care. They get a degree and go through the same routine over and over. They give up the moment they are presented with a challenge.

Seems too extreme with too much error to go wrong, and with my luck it almost certainly would.

Then what am I to do if doctors can't even help me. DIY methods are almost always shams and sometimes even harmful.

Does this give you hope? She did this entirely on her own with DIY methods.
It gave me hope.

Attached: acne-scars-before-and-after-dermarolling.jpg (1024x1024, 225K)

another pic of her and the scars on the other side

Attached: acne-scars-suction-method-dermastamping-before-and-after.jpg (1024x1024, 182K)

Then what are the DIY methods that are actually effective without a need for a prescription or anything?

dermarolling/dermastamping, suction, chemical peels (TCA, lactic, glycolic, etc)
Retin-A helps accoding to a lot of people but it's prescription. if you live in america you can get Differin over the counter which is essentially the same.

That's not to say you can't fuck up if you aren't careful, but it can be done. Just take it slow and educate yourself. That's what I plan to do. I got my Retin-A a few days ago and only tonight I'm gonna spot treat a tiny part of my face to see how I react, slow and steady.

all you need is a dermaroller

Apparently the rollers aren't so good for you with how the angle changes when it rolls across your skin and how it scrapes. You want the "stamp" type ones, as said earlier.

I have a huge keloid scar from a nasty cyst I had right on the tip of my nose when I was younger. I hate it so much and I don't think there is anything I can do short of surgery to get rid of it. I'd take pock marks over this any day.

I've been using Differin since February with decent results. It was tough at the start like any retinoid-like substance. It burned like a bitch and made my skin dry and flaky. I didnt really experience this too badly but it can also cause you to break out worse than normal after a few weeks of use, but i usually clears up after a few months.
My skin appears smoother and even though i still get cysts somewhat frequently they don't last as long.
Differin works best on surface level acne like whiteheads. If you get deep cysts like me then try combining it with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid treatments.