Let's honestly compare 2000s and present times

Let's honestly compare 2000s and present times.

Is it regular, normal nostalgia for the time you were kid that every generation has or did world actualy go wrong since then?

Attached: poks.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

the world got fucked around 2008, it is normal nostalgia but there was a brief period of time where the cold war had ended and the only people who were scared of anything specifically around the time were the americans after 9/11. it was objectively a better time for the majority of people, for each improvement in technology there seems to be something else that makes recent years awful.

Could it be "feminism" that's ruined everything?

>implying feminism started in 2000s

I still so the same shit I did as a kid and have way more fun with it than anything new that comes out. I don't even think it's nostalgia entirely. Whenever something new came out post 2001 I would always go back to an old game or show I watched after a week or two and it never changes.

Yes that's about right, watershed was between 2001-2008..

it started to gain traction around the end of WW1, after which female suffrage became a thing and society was doomed

Vidya in general was different. You could have fun with your friends but now it is all competitive it seems like.

Attached: 2E99F13C-555B-4B8E-ADBA-6EC490F9594F.jpg (640x640, 20K)

ITT: zoomies feeling nostalgic

Attached: 246.jpg (408x491, 106K)

It might be a little bit of both. Society has gotten more cutthroat and shit in general thanks to social media and other technological advancements. Things were simpler at the start of the decade and for ,better or worse, that simplicity and focus is being lost i'd say ever since.

Emerald was the best Pokemon and you can't prove me wrong.

People who were kids but old enough to really remember things in early 2000s would be late millenials tbqh fampai

damn the feels bro i miss playing pokemon emerald in the school restrooms on my gba

Nostalgia is a warping of reality. You didn't feel the way you think you felt back then.

Nostalgia is a thing but it's a fact that media and games are dogshit today.

It's nostalgia, but also the world changing. There's been a lot of changes in society due to tech and social media. But it also seems that everyone the time when they were 5-10 is "the best", with anything before you were 5 being outdated/overrated, and anything after you were 10 being shit.

Just remember that people older than you thought late 90s-early 00s cartoons like Ed edd n eddy and Pokemon were homosexual compared to 80s action cartoons, or that PS1/N64/Dreamcast were soulless compared to NES/SNES/Genesis solely because they were in 3D (retro game forums used to not allow 5th gen and hated on it, unlike today where it's beloved), or that Linkin park and System of a down sucked.

Since you were 5-10 when those things came out, you think they're good, but to those who were like 18 when they came out, they sucked. It's a cycle.

Attached: 1543722147915.png (1080x1851, 262K)

Because we didn't appreciate it and didn't realise that it was all downhill from there. It really was better back then.

When were you originally born?

I disagree, Emerald is a very good Pokemon game but I think Crystal is the best Pokemon game ever

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)

It was the smartphone that ruined everything. Both the Internet and real life, simultaneously.

People 15-20 yrs older than you thought Pokemon was the worst thing ever, which just goes to show this is all a cycle.

More like late millenials