Why are woman better at surviving horror movies than men?

Why are woman better at surviving horror movies than men?

Attached: MV5BMGQzOGJkZWUtYjc1NS00MTBhLTgwYjQtMDdjODlhM2ViZGMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM0ODM0NDk@._V1_.jpg (1600x900, 133K)

Because having too many die would be misogynistic

It's easier to root for female protagonists in horror films because it's easier to believe that they are more vulnerable than men, thus making the situation scarier.

Male horror protagonists are kind of expected to punch the demons back to hell and swagger off, while women barely outwit the bad guy.

It's fiction.
If horror movies were realistc every one of them would be instantly raped and murdered as soon as they were alone

It's what the profitable audience wants to see.

Because "le savvy teen/early 20s girl who may or may not have a love interest who always dies at some point" is the single most prevalent cliche in slasher films. I wish they'd fucking let them die first and have the "nerd" or "fat guy" be the last survivor for once.

Yeah its always the girl next door that survives. I want to see a movie where the slut lives.

horror movies are chick flicks/normie flicks, they're very popular on dates and shit and it's probably one of the few things women consistently watch
protagonists in horror movies are always extremely vulnerable and the subject always deals with anxieties/fears that women face (whether or not they're real) like stalkers, rape or rape threats, puberty, abusive spouses and so on.
Notice how this cliche is seen mostly in slasher fics, it doesn't happen in zombie movies that much for example

men are always protecting women in the movies, of course the men will die first

Cabin in the Woods.
But also that movie was actively made to subvert expectations

>it doesn't happen as much in zombie movies
Holy shit this is a good point. I never noticed that

why did some random guy just not react to a bloody woman jumping in his truck with a giant chainsaw wielding guy chasing her

if horror movies where realistic then most of the characters would live
just gang the killer since he's usually a normal guy

women cant gang anyone, they're too weak

Because men all lay down their lives to protect the most attractive woman in a horror movie scenario while the woman just runs around screaming and looking out for herself.

Yep. Poor morgan.

Attached: 5065c476bd2ccf3c89e0dda3eec0d22262146286r1-488-318v2_hq.jpg (488x318, 18K)

He want the sex

the flicks have men in them though
and it's america and especially texas in that flick why didn't one of the guys just pull out a gun and shoot leatherface
stupid

Only the pure innocent girl survives to the end of the horror stories. all the other girls are sluts that get killed along with whatever male character they're always clinging to on screen

contrary to popular belief, every American doesn't walk around with a gun on him at all times.
I'd say a majority of gunowners don't even have carry licenses, and mainly just keep them at home for protection.

Because (((MOVIES))) are heavily pumped full of (((subliminal programming))) which condition you to believe that women are (((greater than or equal to men))) in all aspects and it's a part of (((((((((the bigger picture))))))))), that you wouldn't understand antisemite.

calm down Jow Forumstard good lord

>carry licenses
Unconstitutional. What don't you understand about "shall not be infringed"?

All the guys in that movie got blindsided, and one was in a wheelchair.

>walk into house looking for gas
>trip
>look up
>*bam*
>rip
>repeat

Attached: source.gif (245x130, 775K)

>shall not be infringed
A concealed licensed tard.
No one open carries but retards and meme edgelords who think they're making a point. You can open carry, and not be "infringed" all you want but good luck being allowed into any establishment or being employed while doing it.

Hes right though. I've seen a few horror movies that were based on a true story, then I looked up the true story and found that the male survived when in the movie the girl survived. Like that movie backcountry about the couple being attacked by a bear.

They have a much higher tolerance for pain than men.

Needing a license to carry a gun in a way that doesn't immediately make it obvious is infringing on the right to bear arms. Only the green states in pic related are not infringing upon the second amendment.

Attached: Unrestricted Concealed Carry.jpg (818x557, 55K)

dunno a lot do
i always carry at least a spiked club
yeah it was fucking stupid

He was probably in shock.

It's a completely arbitrary film trope which took hold with certain key genre entries/franchise starters: TCM, Halloween, Alien, and Friday the 13th. Nobody bother replying to this post by pointing that "the last survivor was also a woman in earlier movie X". The point is that the Final girl notion was popularized in the context of 70s/80s horror largely through the pics I've mentioned, precursors notwithstanding.

The trope is informed by at least three things: old western notions of chivalry, and then-contemporary second-wave feminism/"women's lib", as they called it at the time. The third thing is that it's more fun and titillating (heh) for an audience to watch a woman jiggling around. Sex sells and keeping a final girl around helps (Sigourney Weaver's flat ass at the end of Alien notwithstanding; again, it was a different time.)

One notable franchise/character which stands athwart this trope: The Evil Dead/Ash.

Men are seen as disposable so killing them isn't as impactful, therefore using women as special event kills keeps anticipation high. That's basically all.

basically this. the vast majority of the people watching horror movies are couples on dates, to get the girl to cling to the guy in fright

mary sue syndrome
>I've never held x before but I'm instantly awesome at it
>I know exactly everything and can make the group survive for no reason other then plot
It's tiresome but you don't need to build character anymore when it comes to females, they're just instantly best at everything because that's how the world wants us to perceive women now, like the superior gender
I'm not saying a guy that knows everything is any better though

Before you had to build character and they bled to grow stronger(regardless of gender) and you became attached to their journey before overcoming a hurdle, now it's just
>waman is awesome colored people awesome, white man is the greedy asshole that gets the most brutal death in the movie/series
It gets dull fast

Because women have a inner strength that easily defies logic
they are so strong they go through child birth, ever thought about that uh?

incel