What is your Opinion on Jordan Peterson?

What is your Opinion on Jordan Peterson?
Is his advice any good?

Attached: jordan-peterson_universities.jpg (1920x1287, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sn7lBYxauCc
youtube.com/watch?v=pKsMBu6SH-M
youtube.com/watch?v=KnIAAkSNtqo)
youtube.com/user/JordanPetersonVideos
jordanbpeterson.com
selfauthoring.com/
youtube.com/channel/UCo9QgwWCNEhDxL1gH-jxa8Q/videos?view=0&sort=p&shelf_id=4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes his advice is awesome, but only if you actually put it into action. If you just binge watch his videos for a week and do nothing with them then you'll be a bit smarter but your life won't change much. Also highly recommend his Past and Future Authoring programs.

He is giving the right rules for the wrong game. We arent playing UNO any mire old man, current year is Warhammer 40k and there is no reverse card.

Wrong. His got the right rules for the right game, you just need to spend a bit of time to understand them.

>it's awesome and perfect if it doesn't work for you you're just not DOING it right
cultist

>dude just eat meat and only meat lmao
he's a loony

>misinterpret everything he said
autist

A lot of his stuff does sound good. But afterward, I find myself agreeing a little TOO much with what he has to say. Makes me suspicious of his message and I feel like I'm being sold to, not informed. Also, I definitely disagree with him on having children. Sometimes I cannot believe how convinced he is of that, BAKA

vocaroo.com/i/s0S6JdONnvkq

He doesn't tell others to do it, he just says it works for him

It's not bad, and if you use it and put in the effort you will achieve things, but it's nothing enlightening. He said it himself:
clean your room
That's it. Take care of yourself.

ive talked a bit with him last year, he tried to help me and i refused

i watched all his videos right after adventure time ended, and i came to r9k and started posting literally 16 hours a day about how roasties are evil and how tinder has systemically literally damned the future for men in north america, i ended up talking with him and alot of people i think are cool on pol

No he's a jew shill

Good advice, but you have to want to be helped.

i don't agree with a lot of his views on politics or religion but he's clearly a good person and does everything he can to make the world better so i respect the fuck out of him

Never heard of him until now and this is what I find first
>youtu.be/sn7lBYxauCc
Is he just a soundboard of a guy talking about your problems in an honest way?

>Never heard of him until now
what do you mean "until now"? like, just now because of this thread? no offense, but are you living under a rock?

Depends on how you see it as I don't own a TV and I actively stay away from mainstream media and news in general as they stress me out and fuel my anxiety so I guess I am living under a rock, least trying, ignorance is bliss

Just check out his YouTube channel and there's plenty to watch there. He is very honest though. He doesn't sugar coat it and tells it like it is. He might sound a bit harsh at first but he genuinely cares and if you're willing to take responsibility for what's not working in your life, his advice will take you far.

No, he's just a businessman selling self help talks, and if you aren't a naive retard you should know by now that self help is always bullshit.

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=pKsMBu6SH-M

lol are you serious? The guys spent most his living working as a qualified psychologist before he became a university professor. His around the world tour and publishing a book stuff only started happening in the last few years. For many years before that he was just spending all this time helping people and educating people. Very noble work indeed.

just clean your fucking room OP, stop procrastinating

All he does is tell you shit that your parents told you. I skimmed through his book and literally found shit that my grandma told me before school. when your mom told you to clean your room, you told her to fuck off. J Memerson says it and he's a genius.

he doesn't have anything to do with tv and it kinda depends on what you mean by "mainstream media". garbage sjw sites like vox and wsj and whatnot basically do the same to him as they did to pewdiepie, try to make him look bad for some bullshit and end up making him much better known and giving them publicity.

to summarize, he's a clinical psychologist and a professor at university of toronto and mainly gained fame for:
1) defending free speech against sjws and leftists (check out this canadian senate hearing on a law that JBP argued infringed on free speech: youtube.com/watch?v=KnIAAkSNtqo)
2) publishing "12 rules for life" a book that's popular as fuck especially with people who want to get their lives together, overcome personal problems, achieve something, etc. - don't be put off by the fact that it's technically a self-help book, it's the best available.
3), and this is, imo, the most interesting of the three: he publishes entire classes, uncut, completely for free on his youtube channel plus the reading material (essays, books) on his website - that's some of the highest education from one of the best unis in the world, open for anyone to watch. i recommend you check out his channel and website: youtube.com/user/JordanPetersonVideos / jordanbpeterson.com

+100 to your post. Only thing I can add is his Self Authoring programs from selfauthoring.com/ that are very practical and helpful as well. They're not free but they are some of the best $30 I ever spent.

lmao. well he does a lot fucking more than the contents of his book might imply. he's a professor of psychology, check out some of his classes before you trash him

fuck me i forgot to mention that, yeah. understandmyself.com and www.selfauthoring.com help so much if you don't know what the fuck to do with your life

I'm sure he's great user, doesn't mean I've heard of him until now, basically I've been incognito for a year more or less and the few times I've been here during that time I've not seen a beep of him
Wouldn't surprise me if mainstream media is trying to paint him in a bad light if his opinions differs from that of a PC person, which is why I avoid media and news outlets, they stress me out with their PC views and hanging out of people to destroy them for thinking freely
I get stressed watching this witch hunt of people questioning todays society

I'll have a look though

last year i watched a lot of his content.
mostly things he said on podcasts (joe rogan) and his biblical series ( im not religious at all but still think its worthwhile to watch)
I think watching all this stuff influenced me in a positive way. I tired to grow personally in this last year and think i succeded with that. Peterson had certainly at least a small role in that.

>preaches both Nietzsche and christian slave morality at the same time

He is a moron.

I've checked out some of his lectures and all he does is ramble. Nothing he says really makes any sense. The only reason anyone gives a fuck about him is because he called trannies bad once.

If you don't have the patience to watch his lectures all the way through, you may get more value out of watching some of the other YouTube channels who post snippets of his lectures that speak specifically about certain topics.

My favorite is probably Bite Sized Philosophy and you can see a ton of Jordan Peterson in 10-minute snippets on that channel. Direct link to the popular uploads: youtube.com/channel/UCo9QgwWCNEhDxL1gH-jxa8Q/videos?view=0&sort=p&shelf_id=4

Enjoy.

Anywhere I can get his audio books for free? I could listen to them while I do chores and stuff.

It's only about $25 on Amazon and well worth the money. If you're seriously stuck financially though, hopefully he can help you improve that and get back on your feet financially, in which case you can probably get a free copy from the bay.

As a principal I don't pay for most media I consume. If I read a book and liked what he's doing I might be more inclined to spend cash, but as it is I pirate or I go without.

He makes money by saying shit that retarded people with a lot of free time hear

What is his opinion on having children?

the conservative version of a self help guru

Of course it is, he's still a fucking cultist. "get a job" "clean your room" "wash your penis" are self evident requirements to just be a half functional adult, the problem is this imaginary requirement to get this so called advise from some guy raking in several millions every year.
I think "self help" gurus are the biggest piles of garbage on this planet.

>For many years before that he was just spending all this time helping people and educating people.
Until he figured out that his previous mundane work wasn't equivalent to the gravy train he's riding on now.